PDA

View Full Version : What has Freddie Mitchell said to earn the label "a mouth"...

TRR
06-18-2005, 08:07 AM
I remember Mitchell thanking his hands for the big catch against Green Bay, but everyone kind of laughed at that including Mitchell. I also remember him calling out the Pats secondary, but he did that with kind of a laugh in his voice.

Is Mitchell wrongly labeled, or did he say other things that I am not aware of? Were his comments taken the wrong way?

Baby Lee
06-18-2005, 08:17 AM
http://www.gothamist.com/images/2004_08_deniro.jpg
I heard tings!!

keg in kc
06-18-2005, 08:26 AM
I heard one of the talk shows in town discussing this with a Philly columnist or reporter a few weeks ago, and he basically said that a good bit of the stuff about Mitchell's been either sensationalized or taken out of context.

Whether that's true or not, I couldn't tell you. I don't follow the Eagles or the guy closely enough to know. What I do know is that he hasn't been very good, mouth or no mouth.

TRR
06-18-2005, 08:30 AM
I heard one of the talk shows in town discussing this with a Philly columnist or reporter a few weeks ago, and he basically said that a good bit of the stuff about Mitchell's been either sensationalized or taken out of context.

Whether that's true or not, I couldn't tell you. I don't follow the Eagles or the guy. What I do know is that he hasn't been very good, mouth or no mouth.

As you've probably heard me state a time or two on here, my brother is a huge Eagles fan, and lives in Philadelphia. He also reiterated the same thing saying that Mitchell says things to the media jokingly, and they are then turned around to make him look bad.

Regardless, you are correct. Mitchell has done next to nothing in the NFL. I talked to my brother last week, and he basically said that Mitchell was given every opportunity to shine, and he never stepped up. He thought that Mitchell was never a good fit in the Philly offense as McNabb likes the tall, lanky WR's like Pinkston and Owens.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I bet there is a 99% chance Mitchell will be in Red and Gold by mid week. The only thing stopping that is if Washington released Rod Gardner.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Ahhhhh yes... the rationalization and mental preparation for the acceptance of FredEx in KC has emerged.

keg in kc
06-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Ahhhhh yes... the rationalization and mental preparation for the acceptance of FredEx in KC has emerged.Yes, saying he's not been good is rationalization at its best.

mrbiggz
06-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Ahhhhh yes... the rationalization and mental preparation for the acceptance of FredEx in KC has emerged.

Id rather have him than rice.

TRR
06-18-2005, 08:49 AM

Uh no. Good try though. I wouldn't mind seeing Freddie Mitchell burn Chump Bailey like Eddie Kennison did last season though.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Uh no. Good try though. I wouldn't mind seeing Freddie Mitchell burn Chump Bailey like Eddie Kennison did last season though.
ROFL Hold on to that memory... I really really hope you guys sign FredEx, that would be greatness. He is money in da bank.

| 2001 phi | 15 | 21 283 13.5 1
| 2002 phi | 16 | 12 105 8.8 0
| 2003 phi | 16 | 35 498 14.2 2
| 2004 phi | 16 | 22 377 17.1 2

He's been lagging behind the likes of Pinkston and James Thrash... that's impressive.

TRR
06-18-2005, 09:00 AM
ROFL Hold on to that memory... I really really hope you guys sign FredEx, that would be greatness. He is money in da bank.

He's been lagging behind the likes of Pinkston and James Thrash... that's impressive.

I'll always hold on to that memory of Eddie Kennison burning Chump for over 200 yards and 2 TD's in two games last season. The same guy Denver fans labeled a quitter, a mouth, and an underachiever.

chief52
06-18-2005, 09:00 AM

I must agree with MHM on this one. The Eagles have been grasping for a WR and gave Mitchell every opportunity. He could not even start even though they were weak at WR. All that talk before the Super Bowl and he caught one pass for nine yards I believe. I think his lack of production makes what he does say magnified.

TRR
06-18-2005, 09:04 AM
I must agree with MHM on this one. The Eagles have been grasping for a WR and gave Mitchell every opportunity. He could not even start even though they were weak at WR. All that talk before the Super Bowl and he caught one pass for nine yards I believe. I think his lack of production makes what he does say magnified.

See that's exactly the reason I made this thread. You state "all that talk before the Super Bowl." But Mitchell didn't talk that much at all. All he said was that he didn't know the names of the Pats defensive backfield. And he said it with a smile on his face. He said it jokingly.

PHOG
06-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Mitchell...McGahee

Mitchell..McGahee

:shrug:

Wile_E_Coyote
06-18-2005, 09:16 AM

you gotta find the bright side :)

if the Chiefs had signed Hakim, the Bronco's drafting midget CBs smack would have had to die a cruel death

chief52
06-18-2005, 09:23 AM
See that's exactly the reason I made this thread. You state "all that talk before the Super Bowl." But Mitchell didn't talk that much at all. All he said was that he didn't know the names of the Pats defensive backfield. And he said it with a smile on his face. He said it jokingly.

HE said a lot more than the comment about the Pat DBs. No, nothing major, he just runs his mouth. Like I stated very clearly, " I think his lack of production makes what he does say magnified."

The Bad Guy
06-18-2005, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't mind him here, but he also said about Harrison before the Super Bowl last year.

He's a clown, but with our depth, I'm willing to take a chance on a former first round pick.

OmahaChief
06-18-2005, 09:45 AM
If we sign Mitchell and you fokls cheer his antcis you will no longer be able to jeer any of my Canes for any ON Field mouthing off or activiies. FredEx is one of the biggest showboats in the NFL and he has never even accomplished anything like most of my Canes. For what it is worth I like FredExs act, it brings a little flavor to a watered down league.

Brock
06-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Mitchell...McGahee

Mitchell..McGahee

:shrug:

That's an odd comparison.

OmahaChief
06-18-2005, 10:36 AM

Yeah, it makes no sense at all. McGahee does not run his mouth much he just runs the ball. By all accounts he has actually acomplished more in his one year then MItchell has in his career. His agent ran his mouth and said Willis should start last year and Willis of course agreed. I don't know many football players that don't think that though.

the Talking Can
06-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Mitchell has no talent.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 11:06 AM
I'll always hold on to that memory of Eddie Kennison burning Chump for over 200 yards and 2 TD's in two games last season. The same guy Denver fans labeled a quitter, a mouth, and an underachiever.

That's fine... he is a quitter though, he quit on the team and used a family issue as an excuse. It's amusing that he quit on a Saturday night, then once they learned of the money that was expected to be paid back, he found the desire to play again. He quit and he's work out well as the 3rd receiving option for KC. :clap: Hooray for KC fans.

He is an underachiever... former 1st round pick, selected 18th overall in 1996 just 1 slot ahead of a guy named Marvin Harrison. Keyshawn was another 1st rounder that year, along with Terry Glenn and Eric Moulds.

After 10 seasons in the NFL, this former 1st round pick finally topped the 1,000 yard receiving mark (barely) at 1,086 and he had a career best of 62 receptions.

Kennison had a whopping 19 TDs in his first 8 NFL seasons and has had 13 the last two seasons in KC. It's about time he's started doing something.

And, I recall a game last year when he mouthed off about ... what was it... "puttin' somethin' on day ass" when referring to Denver, then the Chiefs were thumped in the game.

So, sure... hold on to his couple of games against Bailey. Hope that KC can make something of a former 1st round bust in FredEx... they've finally done something with Kennison, their current 1st round bust.

I mean are you going to deny that a former 1st rounder after 10 years in the league with 414 receptions - 6,282 yds - 15.2 avg - 32 TDs isn't a 1st round bust?

Valiant
06-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Yes, saying he's not been good is rationalization at its best.

Umm, he has not been good... He has been a flop so far...

Doesnt mean he cannot change IF we do get him...But...

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 11:13 AM

Rice is nothing more than a #4 and is not expected to catch more than 30 passes. If that is your goal for FredEx, then I guess it could be accomplished... the best season FredEx has had was 35 receptions for 498 yards and 2 TDs ... I'm guessing Rice could get that as the #4 in Denver.

TRR
06-18-2005, 11:17 AM
That's fine... he is a quitter though, he quit on the team and used a family issue as an excuse. It's amusing that he quit on a Saturday night, then once they learned of the money that was expected to be paid back, he found the desire to play again. He quit and he's work out well as the 3rd receiving option for KC. :clap: Hooray for KC fans.

He is an underachiever... former 1st round pick, selected 18th overall in 1996 just 1 slot ahead of a guy named Marvin Harrison. Keyshawn was another 1st rounder that year, along with Terry Glenn and Eric Moulds.

After 10 seasons in the NFL, this former 1st round pick finally topped the 1,000 yard receiving mark (barely) at 1,086 and he had a career best of 62 receptions.

Kennison had a whopping 19 TDs in his first 8 NFL seasons and has had 13 the last two seasons in KC. It's about time he's started doing something.

And, I recall a game last year when he mouthed off about ... what was it... "puttin' somethin' on day ass" when referring to Denver, then the Chiefs were thumped in the game.

So, sure... hold on to his couple of games against Bailey. Hope that KC can make something of a former 1st round bust in FredEx... they've finally done something with Kennison, their current 1st round bust.

I mean are you going to deny that a former 1st rounder after 10 years in the league with 414 receptions - 6,282 yds - 15.2 avg - 32 TDs isn't a 1st round bust?

All you got to do is mention the name Eddie Kennison, and it eats at Denver fans. See above for the proof. A one sentence reply got a 7 paragraph response complete with stats...LOL!

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 11:18 AM
All you got to do is mention the name Eddie Kennison, and it eats at Denver fans. See above for the proof. A one sentence reply got a 7 paragraph response complete with stats...LOL!

Honestly, it's not eating at me... it's nothing to me now.

All I have to do is confront you with facts and you back down. Good boy.

Mr. Laz
06-18-2005, 11:19 AM
getting freddie Mitchell is like signing Terrell Owens

.......... without the work ethic and talent. :spock:

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 11:20 AM
getting freddie Mitchell is like signing Terrell Owens

.......... without the work ethic and talent. :spock:

:clap: Now that was solid.

TRR
06-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Honestly, it's not eating at me... it's nothing to me now.

All I have to do is confront you with facts and you back down. Good boy.

Facts? What facts? The facts are that Eddie Kennison has put up 2,845 yards and 15 TD's in the last 3 seasons. Rod Smith has only put up 171 yards more as your #1 WR in that same time span. Kennison has put up 608 more yards and 4 more TD's than Ashlie Lelie in the last 3 seasons.

All I hear is sour grapes. Kennison will forever eat at Donk fans. Again, I loved watching Kennison the quitter torch Bailey over and over again last season. Especially for 100+ yards and 2 TD's in one game.

LOL!

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Facts? What facts? The facts are that Eddie Kennison has put up 2,845 yards and 15 TD's in the last 3 seasons. Rod Smith has only put up 171 yards more as your #1 WR in that same time span. Kennison has put up 608 more yards and 4 more TD's than Ashlie Lelie in the last 3 seasons.

All I hear is sour grapes. Kennison will forever eat at Donk fans. Again, I loved watching Kennison the quitter torch Bailey over and over again last season. Especially for 100+ yards and 2 TD's in one game.

LOL!

Ohhh... so, my information about Kennison's production over 10 years as a 1st round pick (18th) overall does not speak to his underachieving. Ok.

You're comparing the stats of Kennison to Lelie over the last 3 seasons?

So, Kennison through years 8, 9 and 10 of his career were better than years 1, 2 and 3 for Lelie? I'm shocked.

Kennison in Y10 had 8 more catches, 2 more yards and 1 more TD than Lelie in Y3. Lelie had his first 1,000 yard season in his 3rd season... it took Eddie 10 seasons to get there, and had Priest not missed the last 8 games... I doubt Eddie would have topped that mark.

But, seriously... good luck with all that and I hope it works out with FredEx, maybe you can compare his stats to Watts in 2006.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 11:50 AM
I was reading some amusing (to me anyway) comments about FredEx on ESPN. Fred was cut on May 6 and when he visits with KC next week, it will be the first visit with a team that he's had in 6 weeks. Whoo, demand is high on this one. Also, since he never triggered any of the escaltors in this contract with Philly, the mandated league minimum of roughly $500k is what he is scheduled to expect and what he would have made in Philly.

This guy has spare written all over him... but the cost is low, so sure, give it a whirl.

Chiefnj
06-18-2005, 11:53 AM
"You have to have certain relationships with certain people to succeed. Me and Don [quarterback Donovan McNabb] need that relationship, but I don't feel it's there," Mitchell said. "I can't throw myself the ball. There were times I got more tired doing jumping jacks on the field than actually playing in the game itself."

"There will have to be some fences mended, perhaps. It wasn't good politics for Freddie to say his teammates were "scared" to back him up after he poked fun at New England defensive back Rodney Harrison. It wasn't smart to say McNabb has confidence in Mitchell only when the quarterback needs to "get his ass out of a jam.""

"Eagles' wide receiver Freddie Mitchell is still letting his words speak louder than his actions. In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Mitchell claims the Eagles would defeat the Patriots eight times in a 10-game series. "We turn it over four times, and they still only beat us by three," he said. "We're the better team. But we turned it over too much. A good team crushes that Patriots team. I'm telling you, they're not that good." Mitchell had one reception for 11 yards in the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots."

"Wide receiver Freddie Mitchell, who contributed one catch for 11 yards to the Eagles' Super Bowl loss, isn't letting lack of performance keep him from continuing to run his mouth. Mitchell appeared on ESPN Radio Wednesday to not only defend the shots he took at New England's secondary prior to the Super Bowl but to add more fuel to the fire. "[The Patriots' reactions to his comments] reminded me of little girls," Mitchell said on All Night with Todd Wright. "They're sensitive. Real, real sensitive." Mitchell added that it wasn't his fault he had just one catch, noting that the return of Terrell Owens "really took away from my play time and my opportunities."

chief52
06-18-2005, 11:58 AM
"You have to have certain relationships with certain people to succeed. Me and Don [quarterback Donovan McNabb] need that relationship, but I don't feel it's there," Mitchell said. "I can't throw myself the ball. There were times I got more tired doing jumping jacks on the field than actually playing in the game itself."

"There will have to be some fences mended, perhaps. It wasn't good politics for Freddie to say his teammates were "scared" to back him up after he poked fun at New England defensive back Rodney Harrison. It wasn't smart to say McNabb has confidence in Mitchell only when the quarterback needs to "get his ass out of a jam.""

"Eagles' wide receiver Freddie Mitchell is still letting his words speak louder than his actions. In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Mitchell claims the Eagles would defeat the Patriots eight times in a 10-game series. "We turn it over four times, and they still only beat us by three," he said. "We're the better team. But we turned it over too much. A good team crushes that Patriots team. I'm telling you, they're not that good." Mitchell had one reception for 11 yards in the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots."

"Wide receiver Freddie Mitchell, who contributed one catch for 11 yards to the Eagles' Super Bowl loss, isn't letting lack of performance keep him from continuing to run his mouth. Mitchell appeared on ESPN Radio Wednesday to not only defend the shots he took at New England's secondary prior to the Super Bowl but to add more fuel to the fire. "[The Patriots' reactions to his comments] reminded me of little girls," Mitchell said on All Night with Todd Wright. "They're sensitive. Real, real sensitive." Mitchell added that it wasn't his fault he had just one catch, noting that the return of Terrell Owens "really took away from my play time and my opportunities."

Thanks for doing the research, Chiefnj. Obviously he has been running his mouth. Nice to see someone take some time to find and post a few examples. The guy talks too much for a player that has never produced. Period.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Chiefnj ... that's classic. It was McNabb's fault for not throwing him the ball and damn Owens... stealing time from FredEx.

What did FredEx do while Owens was out? Not much... I know, TRR will say the team was resting and playing vanilla b/c it was all wrapped up.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks for doing the research, Chiefnj. Obviously he has been running his mouth. Nice to see someone take some time to find and post a few examples. The guy talks too much for a player that has never produced. Period.

Yeah, I can only imagine what he would say playing in KC as the 4th or 5th receiving option behind Gonzo, Holmes, Kennison and the others. He's definitely a team guy.

TRR
06-18-2005, 12:08 PM

Thanks for posting that. To be honest, the only comment I don't agree with is his very last. All the other comments have some merit to them. Either way, it's put up or shut up for Freddie Mitchell.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 12:12 PM
I copied this off an article from the Eagles site on Freddie... if you guys sign him, KC will have the "People's Champ"! Maybe Portis can hook him up with a belt.

THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP
Following a big play, Mitchell motions his hands around his waist as if to put on a world championship belt. He developed the celebration after his teammates nicknamed him "The People's Champ." Said Mitchell of his celebration, "That's me putting my belt on. That's for the people, for the fans."

TRR
06-18-2005, 12:13 PM
I copied this off an article from the Eagles site on Freddie... if you guys sign him, KC will have the "People's Champ"! Maybe Portis can hook him up with a belt.

THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP
Following a big play, Mitchell motions his hands around his waist as if to put on a world championship belt. He developed the celebration after his teammates nicknamed him "The People's Champ." Said Mitchell of his celebration, "That's me putting my belt on. That's for the people, for the fans."

Yeah what an *sshole. We definitely shouldn't sign him now. :rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah what an *sshole. We definitely shouldn't sign him now. :rolleyes:

On the contrary, I'm jumping on board the FredExpress to KC... I think that's solid. This is just a misunderstood guy that just never had a chance behind the likes of Pinkston or Thrash. Then, freaking TO comes to town and in just 14 games has 77 receptions for 1200 yards and 14 TDs, stealing time from the valuable FredEx who spent 63 games with the Eagles accumulating 90 receptions for 1,263 yards and 5 TDs.

Freddie was the heart and soul..

beer bacon
06-18-2005, 12:33 PM
On the contrary, I'm jumping on board the FredExpress to KC... I think that's solid. This is just a misunderstood guy that just never had a chance behind the likes of Pinkston or Thrash. Then, freaking TO comes to town and in just 14 games has 77 receptions for 1200 yards and 14 TDs, stealing time from the valuable FredEx who spent 63 games with the Eagles accumulating 90 receptions for 1,263 yards and 5 TDs.

There is no need to troll. If you are going to have an argument, at least argue against what other posters are saying instead of creating a strawman.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 12:35 PM
There is no need to troll. If you are going to have an argument, at least argue against what other posters are saying instead of creating a strawman.

I never troll... just having some playful discussions with TRR.

Rudy lost the toss
06-18-2005, 12:49 PM

Get your facts straight. Kennison will be Entering his 10th season, he has only played in 9. Kennison is no more of a bust than Terry Glenn. Glenn was taken well before Kennison and they both have very similar career numbers (with Kennison on the rise and Glenn on the decline)

TRR
06-18-2005, 01:00 PM

Let's end the discussion now and make a friendly wager. If Mitchell is signed by KC, how many yards will he have this season. We will bet sigs on it. You first.

Miles
06-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I think its mostly just the media taking what he says out of context. He has a weird (and very funny) sense of humor and is quite sarcastic, which translates poorly to printed quotes. There is a reason why Tony Kornheiser loves the guy.

CoMoChief
06-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Ohhh... so, my information about Kennison's production over 10 years as a 1st round pick (18th) overall does not speak to his underachieving. Ok.

You're comparing the stats of Kennison to Lelie over the last 3 seasons?

So, Kennison through years 8, 9 and 10 of his career were better than years 1, 2 and 3 for Lelie? I'm shocked.

Kennison in Y10 had 8 more catches, 2 more yards and 1 more TD than Lelie in Y3. Lelie had his first 1,000 yard season in his 3rd season... it took Eddie 10 seasons to get there, and had Priest not missed the last 8 games... I doubt Eddie would have topped that mark.

But, seriously... good luck with all that and I hope it works out with FredEx, maybe you can compare his stats to Watts in 2006.

In all honestly, I think that all of us Chiefs fans could give two shits about what Kennison has accomplished BEFORE he was a KC Chief. Since he has been here, he's been better than any of Denver's WR's with the exception of Rod Smith, but Rod has slowed down the past two seasons and Kennison I believe is older, and still keeps going, burning players like the ALL WORLD SHUTDOWN CB Chump Bailey.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Get your facts straight. Kennison will be Entering his 10th season, he has only played in 9. Kennison is no more of a bust than Terry Glenn.

My bad... I wasn't counting for the duplicate 2001 seasons. However, the stats still support the case that he has greatly underachieved, just as Terry Glenn.

| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
+----------+-----+--------------------------+--------------------
| 1996 ram | 15 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 54 924 17.1 9 |
| 1997 ram | 14 | 3 13 4.3 0 | 25 404 16.2 0 |
| 1998 ram | 16 | 2 9 4.5 0 | 17 234 13.8 1 |
| 1999 nor | 16 | 3 20 6.7 0 | 61 835 13.7 4 |
| 2000 chi | 16 | 3 72 24.0 0 | 55 549 10.0 2 |
| 2001 den | 8 | 3 9 3.0 0 | 15 169 11.3 1 |
| 2001 kan | 5 | 2 13 6.5 0 | 16 322 20.1 0 |
| 2002 kan | 16 | 7 58 8.3 0 | 53 906 17.1 2 |
| 2003 kan | 16 | 2 9 4.5 0 | 56 853 15.2 5 |
| 2004 kan | 14 | 2 15 7.5 0 | 62 1086 17.5 8 |

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 01:31 PM
In all honestly, I think that all of us Chiefs fans could give two shits about what Kennison has accomplished BEFORE he was a KC Chief. Since he has been here, he's been better than any of Denver's WR's with the exception of Rod Smith, but Rod has slowed down the past two seasons and Kennison I believe is older, and still keeps going, burning players like the ALL WORLD SHUTDOWN CB Chump Bailey.

Rod was drafted in 1995 ... Kennison 1996. Rod was born in 1970, Kennison 1973.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Let's end the discussion now and make a friendly wager. If Mitchell is signed by KC, how many yards will he have this season. We will bet sigs on it. You first.

A sig bet (which is gay in the first place) for the yardage that FredEx might get? Tell you what... if FredEx can top 700 yards and 4 TDs... you'll have bragging rights. I'm setting the bar pretty low for a 1st round pick entering his 5th season.

TRR
06-18-2005, 01:37 PM
A sig bet (which is gay in the first place) for the yardage that FredEx might get? Tell you what... if FredEx can top 700 yards and 4 TDs... you'll have bragging rights. I'm setting the bar pretty low for a 1st round pick entering his 5th season.

Talk about not reading the bet. I'll spell it out for you. YOU TELL ME HOW MANY YARDS MITCHELL WILL HAVE IN A KC UNIFORM. I'll do the same. Whoever is closer, wins the bet. Simple enough.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Talk about not reading the bet. I'll spell it out for you. YOU TELL ME HOW MANY YARDS MITCHELL WILL HAVE IN A KC UNIFORM. I'll do the same. Whoever is closer, wins the bet. Simple enough.

Nimrod... I know what you asked. Sig bets are a bit silly. Why make a bet when there's no idea where he'll rank in the pecking order. I think a former 1st round pick entering his 5th season should be able to reach 700 yards and 4 TDs minimum... I doubt he'll get there, with any team in 2005.

Let's just agree to put the Mitchell discussion on hold until KC throws the vet minimum out the window on the guy. How's that for a deal?

Rain Man
06-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Rod was drafted in 1995 ... Kennison 1996. Rod was born in 1970, Kennison 1973.

In that case, Kennison still has several good years left. Smith is old and worn out.

TRR
06-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Nimrod... I know what you asked. Sig bets are a bit silly. Why make a bet when there's no idea where he'll rank in the pecking order. I think a former 1st round pick entering his 5th season should be able to reach 700 yards and 4 TDs minimum... I doubt he'll get there, with any team in 2005.

Let's just agree to put the Mitchell discussion on hold until KC throws the vet minimum out the window on the guy. How's that for a deal?

How's that for a deal? I think your being a p*ssy if you honestly want to know the truth. You know so much about Mitchell and how bad he is, then you should have no trouble predicting a 350 yard season tops for him in KC. Especially on the numbers that Mitchell accumulated in Philly...That you've posted numerous times. Obviously the sig bet is a little more than you can handle...Silly or not.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 01:53 PM
How's that for a deal? I think your being a p*ssy if you honestly want to know the truth. You know so much about Mitchell and how bad he is, then you should have no trouble predicting a 350 yard season tops for him in KC. Especially on the numbers that Mitchell accumulated in Philly...That you've posted numerous times. Obviously the sig bet is a little more than you can handle...Silly or not.

How did I know that would be your response? You nailed it though, I'm just too afraid to go out on a limb predicting stats for Mitchell...

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 01:54 PM
In that case, Kennison still has several good years left. Smith is old and worn out.

Old, worn out and still damn dependable.

TRR
06-18-2005, 01:54 PM
How did I know that would be your response? You nailed it though, I'm just too afraid to go out on a limb predicting stats for Mitchell...

Well I figured you know so much about him, you could at least win a measily little bet. Guess not...

cool_brees
06-18-2005, 02:09 PM
You don't talk trash if you can't back it up. And so far he hasn't backed up any of his words.

KC would be better off trying to develop a young receiver. But as a Charger fan, of course I'm hoping he makes the team and becomes a distraction.

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2005, 02:14 PM
we have to stop bashing champ bailey for his terrible performance against kennison...bailey is the most over rated corner in the league

tk13
06-18-2005, 02:16 PM
You don't talk trash if you can't back it up. And so far he hasn't backed up any of his words.

KC would be better off trying to develop a young receiver. But as a Charger fan, of course I'm hoping he makes the team and becomes a distraction.
I gotta agree with this guy. I have no problem with a little trash talking... and whether he was just joking or not, he doesn't back it up, he looks like a complete idiot. I don't see how anyone could find that acceptable. Yeah, that's what I want, some no name WR telling the team that's won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls that they suck during the week of the game... then going out and having 1 catch for 10 yards or whatever. Marc Boerigter can do that without running his mouth.

Bowser
06-18-2005, 02:17 PM

Kinda like Shawne Merriman, no? ;)

I hope we avoid Mitchell like he was an ugly hooker in Vegas.

Taco John
06-18-2005, 02:22 PM

That's crazy... You bring in a guy like rice to show your younger players how an all pro goes about preparing for the game. It's an investment in leadership that you hope will rub off on your players and affect their mental approach to the game for years to come. I don't expect Rice to play a big role on game day. It's what he brings from Monday through Saturday that I'm excited to have Rice onboard for...

Bowser
06-18-2005, 02:23 PM
That's crazy... You bring in a guy like rice to show your younger players how an all pro goes about preparing for the game. It's an investment in leadership that you hope will rub off on your players and affect their mental approach to the game for years to come. I don't expect Rice to play a big role on game day. It's what he brings from Monday through Saturday that I'm excited to have Rice onboard for...

Does Rice have the young guys running to the top of Pikes Peak yet?

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 02:28 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think the young guys get a nice dose of that from Rod Smith. Part of me looks at Rice and says "he loves being the 42 year old GOAT that everyone is talking about". I'm not too sold on him directly teaching the young guys anything, maybe indirectly. I see Rod being more of a "let me take you under my wing" kind of guy than Rice.

If Rice beats out Watts... I'm really concerned with Watts. If Rice is the 4th guy, catching 20 or so catches over the season and adding a few clutch catches to help sustain a few drives, then I'll be happy.

Rudy lost the toss
06-18-2005, 02:49 PM
I'll bet Gerard Warren and Courtney Brown won't get 10 Sacks combined. I'm setting the bar pretty low for a couple of top 3 picks who are entering their 5th and 6th seasons.

Mile High Mania
06-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I'll bet Gerard Warren and Courtney Brown won't get 10 Sacks combined. I'm setting the bar pretty low for a couple of top 3 picks who are entering their 5th and 6th seasons.

You won't get any argument from me - they've been complete spares thus far in their careers. I think the whole gaggle of Browns they signed this offseason account for just shy of $5M against the cap. Risk/reward is on the positive and it's roughly the same to giving Freddie the league minimum for 1 year.

None of these guys have proved they are good. If healthy, I do think Brown and Warren combine for 14 sacks though.

the Talking Can
06-18-2005, 03:21 PM

look what an influence he was in seattle....this is the bs line people use to describe players who are washed up....

chief52
06-18-2005, 03:25 PM
look what an influence he was in seattle....this is the bs line people use to describe players who are washed up....

And Oakland. They cut him loose because he was pissing about not getting enough balls. Rice is going through a very ugly ending to an awesome careeer. No longer NFL material.

Wallcrawler
06-19-2005, 01:42 AM
Bronco fans must need something to open up their mouth about or something.

Heh.

The Chiefs make one questionable move this offseason, by bringing in Freddie Mitchell for the vet minimum, and the Donk fans are all over it screaming first round bust and all of that garbage.

I would say that for a fan of a team that had one of the worst offseasons Ive ever seen, you have very little room to talk about the one questionable player that KC has brought in when your team has a lot of people scratching their heads right now.

Importing the Cleveland Browns absolutely shitty defensive line, complete with defensive line coach we will call exhibit A. Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, and Ebenezer Ekuban are three first round busts that your team has aquired. Hell, why not try to make a deal for Ryan Sims, so you can have a complete defensive line of first round busts? Im sure we would trade him to you cheap.

Maurice Clarett......exhibit B.

Jerry Rice.....exhibit C.

I could probably go on and address the "Corners" they drafted but I think you get the point.

Everyone defends the Rice pickup by saying hes going to be nothing but a number 4 receiver.

Well, noone has said that Mitchell is going to be anything but a number 4 receiver either. The plan is to go with Samie Parker as the starter, with Mitchell being brought in for depth to try to win a slot position.

Mitchell may not even be on the team in the opener.

I think its a bit premature to start bashing the Chiefs for bringing in Freddie Mitchell for competition, and seeing if a new offensive scheme and change of scenery can improve his play over what it currently is.

Taco John
06-19-2005, 02:13 AM
I would say that for a fan of a team that had one of the worst offseasons Ive ever seen, you have very little room to talk about the one questionable player that KC has brought in when your team has a lot of people scratching their heads right now.

The one questionable player? You guys brought in one player worth getting excited about. The rest aren't on any plane higher than any of the signings we had this offseason. The difference is, you guys had one of the worst ranked defenses last year, and we had one of the top ranked defenses.

And for what it's worth, no offseason that any KC fan will ever criticize will be worse than the one your team had in 2004.

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Kennison had a whopping 19 TDs in his first 8 NFL seasons and has had 13 the last two seasons in KC. It's about time he's started doing something.Sweet. FredEx is about to explode!

TRR
06-19-2005, 03:56 AM
The one questionable player? You guys brought in one player worth getting excited about. The rest aren't on any plane higher than any of the signings we had this offseason. The difference is, you guys had one of the worst ranked defenses last year, and we had one of the top ranked defenses.

And for what it's worth, no offseason that any KC fan will ever criticize will be worse than the one your team had in 2004.

That is the most moronic thing I've seen in a long time. Surprisingly it comes from you. You actually think Kendrell Bell, a former rookie of the year, and a very productive LB in every healthy season, is on par with your Browns first round busts? Same goes for Sammy Knight. Knight has an insane amount of takeaways from the safety position.

That's just flat out ridiculous...

cool_brees
06-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Kinda like Shawne Merriman, no? ;)

I hope we avoid Mitchell like he was an ugly hooker in Vegas.

I'm starting to hope we do the same thing with Merriman but that's not going to happen. He's a high first round pick so he'll get his shot eventually. Hopefully his head will deflate once he gets his contract signed.

htismaqe
06-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Nice to see the Bronco fans have PMS this weekend.

****ing crybabies.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-19-2005, 08:03 AM
the Freddie pickup being discussed on a Buc message board. I'll post the link, then a Eagles fan's take on Mitchell (post #37)

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=95529&page=1&pp=30

Now, I can't comment with certaintity about his talent, but the one thing I can say is that he's got more heart than he knows what to do with. He was never afraid to go over the middle, never got complacant (although I guess when you don't catch the ball more than once a twice a game complacancy isn't a huge threat), never quit on plays (see the wild McNabb scramble against Dallas).

The thing that killed the guy is that when you take his quotes, which are very much tongue in cheek, and put them in print, it comes off as smack talking when its just a guy having a sense of humor. I can't tell you how many times he would take the microphone in post game and interview our own players, crack jokes at his own and their expense, etc.

Its just a shame to see what went down. I'm not hating on athletes will legal trouble, they can be genuinely nice people, but the one thing I can't forgive is greed and narcasism. And TO keeps a bag full and will likely be forgiven before Freddie Mitchell ever is.

PHOG
06-19-2005, 08:05 AM

That is an odd comparison, for sure.

I was thinking Clarett, and typed McGahee for some unknown reason. :doh!:

I just think both(Mitchell and Clarett) are nothing to write home about,guess I'll have to wait and see now. :shrug:

Mile High Mania
06-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Nice to see the Bronco fans have PMS this weekend.

****ing crybabies.

Crybabies? I was baggin' on FredEx... some of you are too damn sensitive.

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Does Rice have the young guys running to the top of Pikes Peak yet?ROFL

I'm sure they're already yelling, "CURRAHEE!"

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 08:34 AM
I think the whole gaggle of Browns they signed this offseason account for just shy of $5M against the cap. Risk/reward is on the positive and it's roughly the same to giving Freddie the league minimum for 1 year.Awesome. $5,000,000 for several underachievers versus the vet minimum for one underachiever is "roughly the same."

I guess that's kind of like how Green is only just a little bit better than Left Hand Suzuki Retard, if that, according to the brilliant minds of the Mane.

runnercyclist
06-19-2005, 08:39 AM
"And for what it's worth, no offseason that any KC fan will ever criticize will be worse than the one your team had in 2004."

:banghead:

That's for sure!

htismaqe
06-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Crybabies? I was baggin' on FredEx... some of you are too damn sensitive.

Sorry, I forgot that this is the official home of Bronco homerism. Carry on.

jspchief
06-19-2005, 10:52 AM
I posted this in another thread, but this seemed like a more fitting place:

"I got something for you, Harrison"

Calling out one of the best, hardest hitting safeties in the league, before you face him in the Superbowl makes you stupid. Doing it when you have shown zero abililty throughout 5 years in the NFL makes you a stupid asshole. It doesn't matter if he was joking. How many people in the Pats locker room do you think were laughing? It would be comparable to Bartee calling out Manning or M Harrison before our play-off game.

I don't care if he's the next coming of Bill Cosby. There's a time to joke around, and there's a time shut the hell up. Mitchell doesn't apper to know the difference.

To me, he just appears to be an attention whore that has to use his mouth to get the pub, since his skills haven't garnered it.

jspchief
06-19-2005, 11:04 AM

This coming from a Donkey fan might be the most assinine post so far this off-season. Maybe you remember another guy that was worthless before he came to his current team. Jake Plummer. I'll concede that Kennison is a bust, when you concede that Plummer is.

I'd like to introduce you to Mitchell's peers:
Courtney Brown
Gerard Warren
Ebenezer Ekuban

Criticism of Mitchell may be warranted, but coming from Donkey fans this off-season, it's laughable.

unlurking
06-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Don't forget Ron Dayne, he's still a donk right?

cool_brees
06-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Now, I can't comment with certaintity about his talent, but the one thing I can say is that he's got more heart than he knows what to do with. He was never afraid to go over the middle

Hmm, I guess you didn't see a few of those plays where he blantantly pulled up on passes going over the middle last year. The announcers calling the game and on Sportscenter were just ripping him over it. Had it been your average receiver I doubt there would have been a big deal over it but since he opens his mouth all the time, the media loves to take their shots back at him.

It was one of those things that stuck in my mind about him from last year along with his inexplicable trash talking towards the Patriots before and after the Super Bowl..

Miles
06-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Hmm, I guess you didn't see a few of those plays where he blantantly pulled up on passes going over the middle last year. The announcers calling the game and on Sportscenter were just ripping him over it. Had it been your average receiver I doubt there would have been a big deal over it but since he opens his mouth all the time, the media loves to take their shots back at him.

I thought that was Pinkston.

TRR
06-19-2005, 12:07 PM

It was one of those things that stuck in my mind about him from last year along with his inexplicable trash talking towards the Patriots before and after the Super Bowl..

That was Todd Pinkston.

jspchief
06-19-2005, 12:11 PM
I thought that was Pinkston.

Yep. The guy Mitchell was uncapable of passing on the depth chart.

TRR
06-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Yep. The guy Mitchell was uncapable of passing on the depth chart.

Actually Mitchell passed up Todd Pinkston several times on the depth chart. They were rotating WR's like KC used to rotate RB's. In the end though, Pinkston won out.

Mitchell was never a good fit in that offense. He just didn't have the size. I will never understand why the Eagles didn't draft Chad Johnson instead of Freddie Mitchell.

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 12:27 PM
That was Todd Pinkston.Do you really expect a Chargers fan to know even the slightest bit about football?

TRR
06-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Do you really expect a Chargers fan to know even the slightest bit about football?

lol...

cool_brees
06-19-2005, 01:47 PM
That was Todd Pinkston.

My bad. I thought it was Mitchell but I'll take your word for it. I guess Mitchell was on the bench.

milkman
06-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Good God, I just had an Elvis GrFlashBack! :cuss:

Mile High Mania
06-19-2005, 08:34 PM
This coming from a Donkey fan might be the most assinine post so far this off-season. Maybe you remember another guy that was worthless before he came to his current team. Jake Plummer. I'll concede that Kennison is a bust, when you concede that Plummer is.

I'd like to introduce you to Mitchell's peers:
Courtney Brown
Gerard Warren
Ebenezer Ekuban

Criticism of Mitchell may be warranted, but coming from Donkey fans this off-season, it's laughable.

ROFL Ok, as stevieray would say, "you're deflecting sir". We're talking about KC's busts at the moment... and, it was either on this thread or one of the other dozen FredEx thread where I acknowledged the gaggle of spares brought in by Denver last night.