PDA

View Full Version : Taylor to be prosecuted

Mr. Laz
06-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Police say Taylor will be prosecuted
By Carlos Frķas

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, June 17, 2005

The Miami-Dade state attorney intends to prosecute Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, who recently was charged with a felony of aggravated assault with a firearm, police said Thursday.

Taylor, a former University of Miami football player, turned himself in to Miami-Dade police June 4 after he was charged with attacking a man he said stole his all-terrain vehicle.

According to the police report, Taylor drove up to two men in his car, pointed a gun at them and demanded to know where his ATV was.

Taylor left, according to the report, but returned about 10 minutes later and jumped one of the men. One of Taylor's associates allegedly chased the other man with a baseball bat.

The state attorney's office told police it believes there is sufficient evidence to prosecute Taylor, Miami-Dade Detective Mary Walters said.

State attorney spokesman Ed Griffith said the office will not announce its plans until Taylor's arraignment June 24.

Police still are investigating Taylor's claim that shots were fired at his car in retaliation, Walters said.

The Washington Post reported Thursday that Taylor hired a new attorney, Edward Carhart, a Miami defense lawyer and former prosecutor, to defend him.

Katipan
06-18-2005, 10:31 AM
I could see my husband doing that if he really really thought the dude stole his ATV.

Course, if he was rich like Taylor, he'd probably pay someone else to do it.

OmahaChief
06-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Glad to hear that. Even though he is a one of my Canes he deserves whatever comes to him for being so stupid. No amount of money can take the hood at of some of these guys.

alanm
06-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Glad to hear that. Even though he is a one of my Canes he deserves whatever comes to him for being so stupid. No amount of money can take the hood at of some of these guys.
Suffice it to say that unlike most of the common hoods lately that are in trouble and being suspended Taylor won't see any suspension or jail time. A couple of guys on espn radio were talking about this the other day and predicted that he won't miss one minute of playing time or practice because of this. Skins have too much invested in him to let that happen. I'm sure he'll have a damn good lawyer provided to him by the club. :)

Mr. Laz
06-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Suffice it to say that unlike most of the common hoods lately that are in trouble and being suspended Taylor won't see any suspension or jail time. A couple of guys on espn radio were talking about this the other day and predicted that he won't miss one minute of playing time or practice because of this. Skins have too much invested in him to let that happen. I'm sure he'll have a damn good lawyer provided to him by the club. :)

:hmmm: i thought many violent crimes have a minimum sentence

Ultra Peanut
06-18-2005, 11:31 AM
:hmmm: i thought many violent crimes have a minimum sentenceYeah. We save the hard time for the serious stuff, like drug crimes.

Mr. Laz
06-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah. We save the hard time for the serious stuff, like drug crimes.
i know this is off topic ... but imo, we as a society, need to make a strong commitment to penalizing violent crimes significantly more than non.

even if that means that non violent criminals get a much different type of penalty to make room for violent offenders in jail.

maybe a more monetary penalty and work release programs etc.

OmahaChief
06-18-2005, 11:39 AM

I think the NFL suspends him. They got Doss for two games and I would bet this will warrant at least a game. They should give him 2 at least in my opinion. The NFL needs to law the law down and shit like this. There are too many kids doing stupid things. I have no idea what Doss's family life was like but by all accounts Taylor had two pretty good parents. These kids need to leave their homies behind and start a new life once they get these Megabucks.

I really hope that teams really start putting morals clauses in their contracts so they can recoup money from these idiots when they do shit like this. They don't have to be saints but pointing a gun at someone for a couple of ATVs is just plain stupid.

Ultra Peanut
06-18-2005, 11:41 AM
i know this is off topic ... but imo, we as a society, need to make a strong commitment to penalizing violent crimes significantly more than non.

even if that means that non violent criminals get a much different type of penalty to make room for violent offenders in jail.

maybe a more monetary penalty and work release programs etc.But the devil weed is destroying our country!

alanm
06-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah. We save the hard time for the serious stuff, like drug crimes.
You watch. They'll probably end up dropping one of the charges and plea bargain down to a lesser charge on the other. I bet he doesn't end up with nothing more than a fine and probation. Money and a good laywer will always set you free. :)

OmahaChief
06-18-2005, 11:44 AM

maybe a more monetary penalty and work release programs etc.

My personal favorite way to handle this crap is the Code of Hammurabi.

I like the third principle...

If any one bring an accusation of any crime before the elders, and does not prove what he has charged, he shall, if it be a capital offense charged, be put to death.

Lots of death in his code but I guarentee is some ahole knows if he is covicted of stealing he will be put to death I bet a lot of crime will go away.

It is over the top but damn it would work.

alanm
06-18-2005, 11:45 AM
I think the NFL suspends him. They got Doss for two games and I would bet this will warrant at least a game. They should give him 2 at least in my opinion. The NFL needs to law the law down and shit like this. There are too many kids doing stupid things. I have no idea what Doss's family life was like but by all accounts Taylor had two pretty good parents. These kids need to leave their homies behind and start a new life once they get these Megabucks.

I really hope that teams really start putting morals clauses in their contracts so they can recoup money from these idiots when they do shit like this. They don't have to be saints but pointing a gun at someone for a couple of ATVs is just plain stupid.
Doss isn't as important to his team as Taylor is to his. Money + Top notch lawyer = Find and probation.

OmahaChief
06-18-2005, 11:46 AM
But the devil weed is destroying our country!

If you don't think that weed leads to crime you are kidding yourself. Case in point my brother was a huge stoner and resorted to stealing from my folks and everyone else to keep buying the shit so he could get high. A lot of things lead to crime but I will never understand you guys that think weed is harmless.

Ultra Peanut
06-18-2005, 11:52 AM
The mental image of some guy, blazed out of his mind, going around stealing TVs to keep getting "his fix," well... that's ****ing hilarious.

Stupid drug laws lead to crime and jail time. Stupid drug laws "fund terrorists."

the Talking Can
06-18-2005, 11:57 AM
If you don't think that weed leads to crime you are kidding yourself. Case in point my brother was a huge stoner and resorted to stealing from my folks and everyone else to keep buying the shit so he could get high. A lot of things lead to crime but I will never understand you guys that think weed is harmless.

so you agree we should outlaw all types of alcohol.....

Brock
06-18-2005, 12:07 PM

He is a thief because he is a thief. His character is shit because he was born that way. Blaming his so called addiction for it is bullshit.

OmahaChief
06-18-2005, 03:46 PM
He is a thief because he is a thief. His character is shit because he was born that way. Blaming his so called addiction for it is bullshit.

Oddly enough dumbass, he was never a thief or lacking character until he discovered weed. Blaming his addiction is not bullshit it is the truth of the matter and you stoners just can't get it through the few brain cells you have left that it is a problem. Same can be said for any addiction though. I don't subscribe to the notation you are what you were born. Your surrondings shape you and that is what changed his life. His friends invited him to smoke and his own weak will lead him to say yes.

This is one debate that will rage on for years. The stoners don't want to hear the side of the others that bring some facts to the table becuase it proves a point. People on the other side of the fence in general only think pot or drugs are bad, no questions asked. I fall in the middle and judge it from personal experience and I have seen more then my far share of stoners waste away, just as I Have people that have never done a drug in their life. But in my opinion to saw pot or any other drug booze included does not lead to crime is foolish.

In your scenerio no one is shaped by their surrondings. That is ludicrious.

OmahaChief
06-18-2005, 03:49 PM
so you agree we should outlaw all types of alcohol.....

Personally, I could care less if they outlawed it. I don't have to drink to enjoy life. I do like my Jack and Coke but it has never lead me personally to a crime. I know that a few drinks have lead Eric Warfield to a few crimes though. I would agree that a drunk that has to have his fix will lie cheat and steal to get his next bottle.

So should pot be the only drug that is legal or should all? Let's make em all legal tax the hell out of it. That is an option or let's just make them legal and watch society turn into a bunch of zombies. The effects of a drug like crack are much different then a drug like booze. I think that is the difference.

SoCalBronco
06-18-2005, 04:56 PM
nice Av, Omaha. Go Canes!

Cochise
06-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Another stellar character guy from "duh U"

Digital Takawira
06-18-2005, 05:42 PM
....he is a one of my Canes.....being so stupid.

redundant

ENDelt260
06-18-2005, 05:59 PM
If any one bring an accusation of any crime before the elders, and does not prove what he has charged, he shall, if it be a capital offense charged, be put to death.

I fail to see how the execution of Marcia Clark is going to help society.

ENDelt260
06-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Just because your brother is a douchebag doesn't mean everyone who lights a joint is.

ENDelt260
06-18-2005, 06:03 PM
But in my opinion to saw pot or any other drug booze included does not lead to crime is foolish.

It has the possibility, sure. If you're a f*ckup who finds weed, it stands to reason that the weed is going to play a role in your future f*ckups.

If you're a responsible adult who has his priorities straight, can afford his own social substances, and likes to smoke a bowl every now and again, it is entirely possible to smoke weed without resorting to crime. (Well, other than the crime of purchasing and possessing an illicit substance, of course.)