06-18-2005, 02:27 PM
per ESPN radio

Bowser
06-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Vermeil needs his nutsack kicked.

NewChief
06-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Confirmed:
http://kcchiefs.com/news/2005/06/18/chiefs_agree_to_terms_with_free_agent_wr_freddie_mitchell/

Braincase
06-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Wow. I haven't been this excited since the last time I found blood in my urine.

foxman
06-18-2005, 02:59 PM
He is officially my least favorite Chief on the roster.

STFU

|Zach|
06-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Yuck

mlyonsd
06-18-2005, 03:00 PM

The last time? ROFL

Nightfyre
06-18-2005, 03:13 PM
WTFBBQ??!!! I am so pissed off right now.

Raiderhader
06-18-2005, 03:32 PM
He is officially my least favorite Chief on the roster.

STFU

Oh c'mon now, you hate him even worse than Bartee?

I'm not excited about Mitchell, but we have to remember that Philly tried to use him as a #1 WR. He might not be so bad as a #2 or slot guy. I am willing to wait and see.

BigMeatballDave
06-18-2005, 03:37 PM

I'm not excited about Mitchell, but we have to remember that Philly tried to use him as a #1 WR. He might not be so bad as a #2 or slot guy. I am willing to wait and see.Exactly. I'll wait and see what he does on the field before I pass judgement. At the moment, I'm not thrilled. We'll see...

Mr. Laz
06-18-2005, 03:52 PM
WTFBBQ??!!! I am so pissed off right now.

why ... it's a 1 year deal for the minimum

if he gets mouthy or plays like crap, we cut him at any time

no lose situation as long as the coaching staff gives the best players the most reps.

Rausch
06-18-2005, 04:01 PM
*sigh*

keg in kc
06-18-2005, 04:05 PM
*sigh*Sounds like you need one of those happy pills you told me about.

RINGLEADER
06-18-2005, 04:05 PM

ROFL

Marco Polo
06-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Fred-Ex him back to Philly!

eazyb81
06-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Maybe a change of scenery will help him. If not, no big loss.

patteeu
06-18-2005, 04:07 PM

no lose situation as long as the coaching staff gives the best players the most reps.

I agree.

PastorMikH
06-18-2005, 04:09 PM
So when do we get the news report saying that he and Vermeil had a heart to heart and he has decided to go someplace else?

leviw
06-18-2005, 04:11 PM
This is the worst receiver signing since Kennison in mid-2001.

I agree...Mitchell can only go one direction after least season, and that's striaght up.

Frazod
06-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Yuck. :shake:

milkman
06-18-2005, 04:44 PM

Kennison had at least been productive at least one season earlier in his career.

I agree...Mitchell can only go one direction after least season, and that's striaght up.

I bet they've been saying that in Philly for like the last 3 seasons, and they were, of course, wrong.

Bootlegged
06-18-2005, 04:48 PM
I like the signing. We need to upgrade talent at WR, and he could do that. Cheap and nice upside.

T-post Tom
06-18-2005, 04:55 PM
But life goes on. Im a Chief now.

~Az Hakim

BigChiefFan
06-18-2005, 05:01 PM

How is spending peanuts on a player qualify as being one of the worse signings? He gives us depth. Boerigter isn't even running routes, yet. As I see it we need another WR.
Kennison
Parker
Smith
Hall
Boerigter???
Thorpe
Mitchell
If Boerigter isn't ready, Mitchell has a strong chance of making the team, IMO.

Cochise
06-18-2005, 05:03 PM
I might be the only one happy about this, but there's no risk. Let him compete with everyone else. He's a Chief now so I'm behind him.

leviw
06-18-2005, 05:14 PM
How is spending peanuts on a player qualify as being one of the worse signings? He gives us depth. Boerigter isn't even running routes, yet. As I see it we need another WR.
Kennison
Parker
Smith
Hall
Boerigter???
Thorpe
Mitchell
If Boerigter isn't ready, Mitchell has a strong chance of making the team, IMO.

I was being sarcastic about the Kennison thing. Sorry. I know it's hard to read that on here. I agree 100%. I think it's a no-lose signing, and I hope he makes the roster and has a productive year.

Miles
06-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Id like to also thank my hands for being so greatI love my hands.

old_geezer
06-18-2005, 05:15 PM
If we did sign him for 1 year at the league minimum, then no big deal. If he doesn't work out, he's gone and no great lose. Kind of similar to Denver with Jerry Rice. I don't expect much but he could be a pleasant surprise.

Tuckdaddy
06-18-2005, 05:31 PM
This is nothing to be pissed about. We have plenty of WR options. He will compete for a spot, maybe he makes the cut maybe he doesn't. Either way we will be deadly as ever on offense this year.

go bowe
06-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Sounds like you need one of those happy pills you told me about.*perk* happy pills? *perk*

Logical
06-18-2005, 05:56 PM
From one classic underachiever to another. Color me unconcerned and unimpressed.

Thig Lyfe
06-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Now Kawika Mitchell will have to wear a "K" on the back of his jersey... K as in Krappy...

jspchief
06-18-2005, 06:34 PM
In terms of getting another WR, and one that actually has some experience, I think it was necessary.

I just don't like the idea of having that low-class piece of sh*t in a Chiefs jersey. There's little appealing about having a no-talent buffoon on the team.

I'm going to try and wipe the slate clean in terms of my opinion of the guy. Give him a fair chance, etc. But with knowledge of his past, he'll be on a short leash.

milkman
06-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Now Kawika Mitchell will have to wear a "K" on the back of his jersey... K as in Krappy...

And Freddie will have to wear a "F" as in ****ed!

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Mabe if we slap #89 on him and squint real hard, he'll look like Otis Taylor

leviw
06-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Maybe, since he's wearing No. 80 according to kcchiefs.com, we don't have to squint and just call him Johnnie Morton.

Logical
06-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Maybe, since he's wearing No. 80 according to kcchiefs.com, we don't have to squint and just call him Johnnie Morton.

Nah, just call him Johnny Johnson so DV does not have to learn a new name.

Miles
06-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Mabe if we slap #89 on him and squint real hard, he'll look like Otis Taylor

More like Andre Rison...except funny.

milkman
06-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Nah, just call him Johnny Johnson so DV does not have to learn a new name.

Let's just call him "Hands of God", or HOG!

FRCDFED
06-18-2005, 09:21 PM
He signed for cheap and has a LOT to prove. He clearly didn't prove anything in Philly and claims it was because he didn't get the chance. Well, if he makes the team then he will get his chance now.

Bottom line........it's put up or shut up time! With a one year contract he will have to produce or getting cut from a second team will shut him up!!

I don't see him as being the most physically gifted receiver but with so much to lose he could be the receiver who puts out the most effort to prove he was worthy of a 1st round pick.

We'll see..............

Baby Lee
06-18-2005, 09:40 PM
I might be the only one happy about this, but there's no risk. Let him compete with everyone else. He's a Chief now so I'm behind him.
Count me in there with you. I may hate what DV has let the D become to date, but if DV says :thumb: and Al says :thumb: and FX comes in and beats out the field, I have absolutely no problem. And if he doesn't beat out the field, I'll be confident it's because our up and comers are ready for prime time. Win, win.

In terms of attitude, can't be any worse than "3 more hours" Morton.

Can't wait to bust on the haters.

patteeu
06-18-2005, 09:56 PM

Yep.

the Talking Can
06-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Count me in there with you. I may hate what DV has let the D become to date, but if DV says :thumb: and Al says :thumb: and FX comes in and beats out the field, I have absolutely no problem. And if he doesn't beat out the field, I'll be confident it's because our up and comers are ready for prime time. Win, win.

In terms of attitude, can't be any worse than "3 more hours" Morton.

Neither DV or AS wanted anything to with Mitchell until Hakim bolted.

And how you can you "hate" on a guy who has been terrible his entire career?

It's not like we're ignoring that one season where he dominated...you know, that one season...

beavis
06-18-2005, 11:05 PM
This is good. I always need someone on the roster to vehemently hate.

Wallcrawler
06-19-2005, 12:29 AM
This isnt the worst move in the world for the Chiefs.

Mitchell is still a relatively young receiver. Im not really getting all of the animosity that is directed towards him.

Some of you act like he has zero ability at all. In case youre not up on current events, it does happen sometimes that certain players do not excel in certain schemes. Is this the case with Freddie Mitchell? I dont know, but Im not about to rule it out before seeing him play for the Chiefs.

Does he sometimes say things he probably shouldnt? Yeah, but I hardly find that reason enough to want him lynched. He knows he screwed up, and will most likely be much more focused this year than he has been in the past.

He WILL have opportunities to get the ball if he makes the team, because Green is an excellent QB and distributes the ball very well to everyone on the offense. If he can get open, Green will find him.

Ive said this before, Donovan McNabb isnt the greatest passer in the league. When youre the third or fourth option in the progression in a scheme with McNabb, youre not going to get too many looks, because Donovan will just tuck the ball and run. Hes not a pocket passer, and never has been.

Trent Green on the other hand doesnt have the running ability that McNabb has, but has the patience and presence to scramble a little and buy more time, always looking to make the play with his arm.

I think Freddie Mitchell could have one of his best seasons as a pro if he makes the team, because the Al and Dick are in love with the passing game first and foremost, and Trent Green is the QB. The Chiefs pass the ball much more than the Eagles do, which will turn into more opportunities for Mitchell to make plays.

While I dont think that Mitchell is the greatest addition to the team in the world, I hardly think that he is the worst. He's got playoff experience, and has shown great playmaking ability in big games. Just off the top of my head, think back to the now famous 4th and 26. It doesnt really get much bigger than that in a playoff game, and he made the play.

If he can get his personal issues in order, I think he could be a good addition to this offense.

Braincase
06-19-2005, 05:44 AM
I'm looking forward to the first time Ronda Moss corners him in a post game, "Do you think the three passes you dropped affected the outcome of the game?".

I'll bring the gas can.

the Talking Can
06-19-2005, 05:50 AM
Ive said this before, Donovan McNabb isnt the greatest passer in the league. When youre the third or fourth option in the progression in a scheme with McNabb, youre not going to get too many looks, because Donovan will just tuck the ball and run. Hes not a pocket passer, and never has been.

Mitchell was never the 3rd or 4th option. He was the 1st or 2nd option.

That's why their passing game sucked so bad and they to go get Owens.

Look how many recptions a good WR had with McNabb.

I think trndobrd said it best:

"Many teams will not throw to a receiver that is not "open", as they say. This may have something to do with the lack of passes in his direction."

foxman
06-19-2005, 06:17 AM

I realize not everyone is the best at his position, but when you are not good and have that mouth......uh no thanks. At least Bartee never called out anyone or thanked his hands in the national media after having a couple good plays.

For the record, I like everything about the signing except his attitude and mouth. If we could sew his trap shut and guarentee he'd never speak, I would be fine.

That said one of DV's mantra's is having a family atmopshere, so either this chump subcombs to that or he leaves the way he came.

On the Panther board I frequent his nickname is L-Mini....league minimum.

htismaqe
06-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Just like with Hakim, I couldn't care less.

If he makes the team, great. If he doesn't, great.

chiefkdawg
06-19-2005, 06:42 AM

I agree

Lets just hope a new atmosphere will straighten him out.

Is he known for dropping alot of passes?

the Talking Can
06-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Is he known for dropping alot of passes?

He's not known for having anything to do with these things you call "passes."

"Passes? I don't need no stinking passes!"

- Freddie Mitchell

chiefkdawg
06-19-2005, 07:25 AM
He's not known for having anything to do with these things you call "passes."

"Passes? I don't need no stinking passes!"

- Freddie Mitchell

I dont know alot about the dude, I just wonder if his sh!tty numbers are attributed to him not getting open or his rift with McNabb or dropped balls, or too much pot....

penguinz
06-19-2005, 07:27 AM

:thumb:

milkman
06-19-2005, 01:10 PM
This isnt the worst move in the world for the Chiefs.

Mitchell is still a relatively young receiver. Im not really getting all of the animosity that is directed towards him.

Some of you act like he has zero ability at all. In case youre not up on current events, it does happen sometimes that certain players do not excel in certain schemes. Is this the case with Freddie Mitchell? I dont know, but Im not about to rule it out before seeing him play for the Chiefs.

Does he sometimes say things he probably shouldnt? Yeah, but I hardly find that reason enough to want him lynched. He knows he screwed up, and will most likely be much more focused this year than he has been in the past.

He WILL have opportunities to get the ball if he makes the team, because Green is an excellent QB and distributes the ball very well to everyone on the offense. If he can get open, Green will find him.

Trent Green on the other hand doesnt have the running ability that McNabb has, but has the patience and presence to scramble a little and buy more time, always looking to make the play with his arm.

I think Freddie Mitchell could have one of his best seasons as a pro if he makes the team, because the Al and Dick are in love with the passing game first and foremost, and Trent Green is the QB. The Chiefs pass the ball much more than the Eagles do, which will turn into more opportunities for Mitchell to make plays.

While I dont think that Mitchell is the greatest addition to the team in the world, I hardly think that he is the worst. He's got playoff experience, and has shown great playmaking ability in big games. Just off the top of my head, think back to the now famous 4th and 26. It doesnt really get much bigger than that in a playoff game, and he made the play.

If he can get his personal issues in order, I think he could be a good addition to this offense.

That was true before, but over the last couple of seasons McNabb has become far better at reading his progressions and making plays with his arm, rather than tucking the ball and running.