PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs minicamp open to public

hbkeay
06-18-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan that just moved to WA, so I couldn't go to the minicamp today (Saturday June 18). So is there anyone out there who went today that can tell me how the team looks--particularly the defense?

Phobia
06-18-2005, 07:12 PM
The team looks really good. The offense scored a TD on nearly every play. It was awesome.

It was actually pretty lame. You can't tell anything from a shells practice. Hell, Huard looked like Favre to me. Tailgating was the best part of the whole day.

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 07:19 PM
The team looks really good. The offense scored a TD on nearly every play. It was awesome.

It was actually pretty lame. You can't tell anything from a shells practice. Hell, Huard looked like Favre to me. Tailgating was the best part of the whole day.
It is an act of treason to admit you can't tell anything after attending a practice. We are geniouses dammit!!

kchero
06-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Yea, no pads and min contact really limited what the defense could really do. It was mainly a combination of drills and just the running of the plays to make sure everyone was in position.

KCChiefsFan88
06-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Over 15,000 people there for a mini-camp.

Take that Clark Hunt

BigChiefFan
06-18-2005, 10:06 PM
It is difficult to have the most informed opinion after today's practice, but here's some observations...

Kennison is still lightning fast and caught everything running routes, he did muff a punt.

Colquitt is the best hang time punter I've ever seen. He also has a wicked backspin that Hall and Kennison has trouble with.

Richard Smith caught everything thrown his way.

Thorpe looks like a first rounder, he made some nice catches.

Parker looked good.

Boerigter caught some passes but didn't run any routes.

Derrick Johnson is a stud. He was running the plays down side line to sideline.

Larry Johnson would start on most teams.

Sims actually pushed the pocket.

Jerome Woods dropped alot of passes.

Sampson looks like starting material.

Kawicka Mitchell actually made some plays.

Bell is a big mofo and quick. He made some plays in the back field.

stevieray
06-18-2005, 10:12 PM
It is difficult to have the most informed opinion after today's practice, but here's some observations...

Kennison is still lightning fast and caught everything running routes, he did muff a punt.

Colquitt is the best hang time punter I've ever seen. He also has a wicked backspin that Hall and Kennison has trouble with.

Parker looked good.

sweet ride.

Pants
06-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks BCF! I'm salivating.

KCFalcon59
06-18-2005, 11:02 PM
One thing I noticed is that Arrowhead needs some work. The sewers were backed up and it stunk like hell. Very sad.

stevieray
06-18-2005, 11:03 PM
One thing I noticed is that Arrowhead needs some work. The sewers were backed up and it stunk like hell. Very sad.

where did you notice this?

KCFalcon59
06-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Right where I was sitting. I think we were in 106 50 yard line. It was awful.

stevieray
06-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Right where I was sitting. I think we were in 106 50 yard line. It was awful.

bummer

KCFalcon59
06-18-2005, 11:11 PM
I thought DJ moved real well. He had a nice play where he broke up a pass. The receivers made some nice catches. Running backs looked fast as hell. Colquitt had some nice punts.

Cochise
06-18-2005, 11:27 PM
When KK had Warfield in studio last week they talked about DJ for a while, and according to EW, he said he looks like the real thing.

Any more detail on DJ from today?

Cochise
06-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Over 15,000 people there for a mini-camp.

Take that Clark Hunt

If only they had been playing soccer.

jiveturkey
06-18-2005, 11:40 PM
I don't claim to be a football expert but I'll share what I saw anyway because it probably beats the stupid interviews that we read everyday that ask the same question 15 different ways.

I agree on DJ, he really seemed to stand out on defense. Fox didn't. DJ ran to the opposite side of the field to cover a toss play and the QB faked around to the other side leaving everyone in the dust expect for DJ who ran back the other way. I think that it was Kilian (sp). He was also poking through the line on a lot of other run plays and disrupting things in the backfield.

All of the young WR's stood out as well. They seem to catch everything and the group included Thorpe, Parker and Smith.

Wesley looks a lot better than Woods at this point. Woods looks like he did last year.

Barber was jogging around but on the side lines. Boe was catching passes but also spent most of the day watching. Fujita and Maz were walking around without any limping.

Boomer was the 2nd team MLB and he looks like a little tank. He seemed a little lost or slow to react and Mitchell looked like he was around the ball a lot more. Mitchell looked like he belonged for the first time. I never did spot Scanlon because Mitchell was also with the 3rd team D.

Bartee looks better than Woods at Safety and they were both with the 2nd team so I'm guessing that they're the current backups.

Sims looks fat.

It will be nice to have Wilson back. He ran with the first team and caught the few passes that came his way (not all over the field like the WR's).

Jared Allen has probably gained some weight. Carlos Hall is really thin.

I can't believe all of the crap that the local media forgets to tell us. We need more uninformed people like me out there covering the team.

jiveturkey
06-18-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm also guessing that everyone knows about Battle???

He went down with an achilles injury, most likely a strain.

He was trying to keep up with the WR's and he wasn't the only CB having problems.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Anything about Surtain? Sammy Knight?

Pants
06-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Boomer was the 2nd team MLB and he looks like a little tank. He seemed a little lost or slow to react and Mitchell looked like he was around the ball a lot more. Mitchell looked like he belonged for the first time. I never did spot Scanlon because Mitchell was also with the 3rd team D.

Someone alert the Roys. Scanlon's days are numbered!

jiveturkey
06-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Anything about Surtain? Sammy Knight?Surtain had problems keeping up with the WR's just like everyone else. I think that the WR's told everyone that they were going to run half speed and then when they took off at full speed all of the CB's were caught off guard. They'll probably straighten that out over a nice cup of joe in the morning.

Knight looked like he was incharge. He was telling people where to go and playing close to the line on a lot of plays. He's one of our most muscular defensive backs and Wesley is 2nd.

John_Wayne
06-18-2005, 11:56 PM

Parker looked good.

I was there too. I mostly agree. However, how could Boe catch passes without running routes? To be honest, I saw him run some routes without passes thrown to him. Also, how could you tell that Sampson did any good and Sims pushed the pocket. The contact was minimal. No pads. But, I hope you are right. I'd like to see Sampson as the starting RT.

John_Wayne
06-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Right where I was sitting. I think we were in 106 50 yard line. It was awful. 106 is in the corner/endzone. I know this because my season tickets are in 107.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Someone alert the Roys. Scanlon's days are numbered!

Obi-Wan Scanobi will not go down without a fight.

Pants
06-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Was Holcombe there? How did Kilian do? Does Parker look like the real deal?

Roaf/Shields? Does Knight look slow?

jiveturkey
06-18-2005, 11:59 PM
I was there too. I mostly agree. However, how could Boe catch passes without running routes? To be honest, I saw him run some routes without passes thrown to him.Boe and Horn were just catching casual passes from the QB's on the side line with no running or moving involved.

I didn't see him run any routes but I lost track of him once things got going. I certainly didn't see him burn through our secondary like the other youngsters.

jiveturkey
06-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Was Holcombe there? How did Kilian do? Does Parker look like the real deal?

Roaf/Shields? Does Knight look slow?Parker looks real good. I didn't see him drop anything and either did Smith or Thorpe.

I didn't watch much line action.

Knight looks like a field general and slowness didn't jump out.

Count Alex's Losses
06-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Parker looks real good. I didn't see him drop anything and either did Smith or Thorpe.

I didn't watch much line action.

Knight looks like a field general and slowness didn't jump out.

Awesome.

royr17
06-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Awesome, its pretty much hard to tell who our WR's will be now, since Mitchell is in the picture and everybody is lookin good.

What I would like to see is our WR's end up being this :

Kennison
Parker
Hall
Thorpe/Mitchell
Smith

arrowhead20
06-19-2005, 04:59 AM
Boomer was fast as hell for a white boy MLB, i saw him run down priest on a swing pass, he's alot bigger than i thought too.

JimNasium
06-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Jared Allen has probably gained some weight. Carlos Hall is really thin.

Rumor has it that he's on the Nashville high-carb diet.