PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Mitchell Press Conference Video l Eagles

TRR
06-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Thought this was a pretty entertaining press conference with Freddie Mitchell and Brian Westbrook after the NFC Championship win last season. I can definitely see where Mitchell's comments could be taken out of context. I think he is hilarious...

Enjoy...(14th one down from the top)

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/multimediadetail.jsp?areaId=6700

Ultra Peanut
06-18-2005, 11:22 PM
From what I've seen of him, he's just "zany" and amusing. I never really got the "asshole" impression some apparently have of him.

Miles
06-18-2005, 11:27 PM
From what I've seen of him, he's just "zany" and amusing. I never really got the "asshole" impression some apparently have of him.

Same here. My guess it that his humor doesnt translate into quoted text and second hand reports very well. I think he is hilarious.

Reaper16
06-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Anyone see that Kenny Mayne piece he did last year? His controversial comments really seem to be in the spirit of jest. They sound rediculous on paper, but he smiles when he says these things. The media has a field day with it, becasue its so different from the typical athlete pre-programmed "We just need to execute the gameplan, etc," schpeel.

Now if he can only produce like a former 1st rounder should.

jAZ
06-19-2005, 10:09 AM
I found it interesting that the reporters themselves seem to think that Freddie wasn't given a chance to make plays in Philly.

That seems to reinforce the point that the issue was with McNabb, and that he chose not to throw to Freddie very often.

If that's true, then there's more reason to be optimistic about his chances of making a contribution to this team.

jspchief
06-19-2005, 10:38 AM
"I got something for you, Harrison"

Calling out one of the best, hardest hitting safeties in the league, before you face him in the Superbowl makes you stupid. Doing it when you have shown zero abililty throughout 5 years in the NFL makes you a stupid asshole. It doesn't matter if he was joking. How many people in the Pats locker room do you think were laughing? It would be comparable to Bartee calling out Manning or M Harrison before our play-off game.

I don't care if he's the next coming of Bill Cosby. There's a time to joke around, and there's a time shut the hell up. Mitchell doesn't apper to know the difference.

To me, he just appears to be an attention whore that has to use his mouth to get the pub, since his skills haven't garnered it.

TRR
06-19-2005, 10:44 AM
"I got something for you, Harrison"

Calling out one of the best, hardest hitting safeties in the league, before you face him in the Superbowl makes you stupid. Doing it when you have shown zero abililty throughout 5 years in the NFL makes you a stupid asshole. It doesn't matter if he was joking. How many people in the Pats locker room do you think were laughing? It would be comparable to Bartee calling out Manning or M Harrison before our play-off game.

I don't care if he's the next coming of Bill Cosby. There's a time to joke around, and there's a time shut the hell up. Mitchell doesn't apper to know the difference.

To me, he just appears to be an attention whore that has to use his mouth to get the pub, since his skills haven't garnered it.

Funny thing is, Mitchell had a smile on his face when he said that to/about Harrison. He was just trying to stir the pot. If anything, Eddie Kennison should also be labeled a mouth after saying he was gonna put something on Denver's *ss, and then we proceded to get crushed in Denver. FM isn't the only one...

jspchief
06-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Funny thing is, Mitchell had a smile on his face when he said that to/about Harrison. He was just trying to stir the pot. If anything, Eddie Kennison should also be labeled a mouth after saying he was gonna put something on Denver's *ss, and then we proceded to get crushed in Denver. FM isn't the only one...I don't care if he was joking. Don't stir the pot if you can't even boil water. He kicked a f*cking hornets nest, and his entire team was in line to get stung. It's stupid. Hell, if Owens would have said it I'd think it was a dumbass move, and Owens is actually capable of backing it up.

I also thought Kennison was douche for saying that, but at least he did his job that night against Denver. He caught a bomb fo a TD. Just like the rest of our offense, he can't help it that our defense is worthless. He at least backed it up.

TRR
06-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't care if he was joking. Don't stir the pot if you can't even boil water. He kicked a f*cking hornets nest, and his entire team was in line to get stung. It's stupid. Hell, if Owens would have said it I'd think it was a dumbass move, and Owens is actually capable of backing it up.

I also thought Kennison was douche for saying that, but at least he did his job that night against Denver. He caught a bomb fo a TD. Just like the rest of our offense, he can't help it that our defense is worthless. He at least backed it up.

I could care less what Mitchell says to be honest. His comments had ZERO barring on the game. As long as he isn't badmouthing the team, I'm all for Mitchell in KC.