PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Seats marathon on ESPN Classic...

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 01:04 AM
The 1994 Spelling Bee comes on at 2 AM.

Best. Episode. Ever.

"And the fans in Reykjavik are goin' wild!"

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 01:31 AM
"What stroke is he using there?"
"The 'Please don't let me die on national television' stroke."
"Stop the fight, the man's been cut. Somehow, the man's been cut!"
"Stay down, Joe! Stay down!"

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 01:42 AM
"Did he just bow? For that?!"
"The former heavyweight champion of the world just lost a weightlifting competition to a pole vaulter and then grandstanded."
"That's like Jordan losing a game of H-O-R-S-E to Vijay Singh and then taking off his shirt and throwing it in the bleachers."

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 04:03 AM
"Oh, you're gonna lose points for that."
"Yeah, that's like putting a lima bean on top of an ice cream sundae."

ragedogg69
06-19-2005, 09:53 AM
My tivo caught this. So far i havnt liked the new season. (except for the MST3k appearence.) With the studio audience it seems that its now more a variety show then a rehashed version of MST3k. (which i loved)

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah... the audience sucks some of the life out of it. The fun part is feeling like it's just you and the SuperSklars (and I thought I was brilliant for coming up with that a second ago... I just googled it and it's the address of their official website) riffing on ridiculous sporting events (and "sporting" events) with fairly little pretense, not some vapid "appease the peons sitting there" show.

The thing I realized while watching these older episodes again is how much more "comfortable" it is with the Ran and Jay "on the couch, looking at the TV" format than the Randy and Jason "addressing the studio audience" format.

I also didn't realize until last night how much I missed the "Like Gehrig for Pipp" intro from season one.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Watching Cheap Seats tonight. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Damn. Dog Show/Cheerleading

Spicy McHaggis
10-06-2005, 01:46 AM
My tivo caught this. So far i havnt liked the new season. (except for the MST3k appearence.)(which i loved)

Crow: You know, this is just a great idea - a cable show where you make fun of other people's videos.
Servo: Shameless!
Mike: It'll never last.

Demonpenz
10-06-2005, 02:22 AM
look at him run around like a grown human being would do

Ultra Peanut
10-06-2005, 02:56 AM
So glad they killed the studio audience.

Poor Beamy. Hope he gets some help and gets back on the wagon.