PDA

View Full Version : CB: Law, Taylor, or Someone Else?

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Battle gone for the season....Warfield likely gone for a month....Bartee at Safety...

We gotta do somethin'....what should it be?

I say find a way to sign Law. :)

However, realisitcally, I think Bobby Taylor or someone else will have to fill the bill...

Thoughts?

chiefkdawg
06-21-2005, 11:11 AM
How effective will Law be when we need him most (first 4 games)?

With him having a bum foot, will he be ready for the opener?

I think we should get anyone healthy enough to contribute early.

RedThat
06-21-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm gonna be as realistic as possible on this, and say Bobby Taylor would probably sound like a better fit. Mainly because he won't demand as many dollars as Law, and would probably sign for the vet minimum.

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 11:17 AM
How effective will Law be when we need him most (first 4 games)?

With him having a bum foot, will he be ready for the opener?

I think we should get anyone healthy enough to contribute early.

I'm guessin', but I'd bet Law at 70% would be better than the other options at 100%.... :shrug:

Fried Meat Ball!
06-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Kotter, get some spray, dude! You're attracting all the noobs!

Saulbadguy
06-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Why do we have to do anything? I echo jspchief's and htismaqe's sentiment in this one. Battle was not even slated to be a starter, and didn't do anything of significance last year for us (except get flagged for PI) worth mentioning.

We don't need Ty Law. I'd love to have him with us, but I don't think its a reality.

Mile High Mania
06-21-2005, 11:20 AM
KC should have drafted a midget and 6 other CBs like Denver did...

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 11:21 AM
KC should have drafted a midget and 6 other CBs like Denver did...

ROFL

KChiefs1
06-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I think Carl has done enough this year already...let's go with what we've got.

KCChiefsMan
06-21-2005, 11:23 AM
I'd love to get Bobby Taylor. Big physical CB (6'4") st how Gun likes it. Him and Surtain with McCleon and then Warfield at nickle. I'd be all for it

StcChief
06-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Go with what we got.

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Why do we have to do anything? I echo jspchief's and htismaqe's sentiment in this one. Battle was not even slated to be a starter, and didn't do anything of significance last year for us (except get flagged for PI) worth mentioning.

We don't need Ty Law. I'd love to have him with us, but I don't think its a reality.

You realize the first month that means:

Surtain, McCleon (starters)
Sapp, Hodge, and Perkins (for nickle and dime packages)

If that's our first month options, I'm predicting a 1-3 start. :shake:

:banghead:

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 11:25 AM

Warfield's suspension and Battle's injury changes the equation some in my mind.... :hmmm:

Fried Meat Ball!
06-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Oh, but add Law into the FAs, trades, and draft picks and how could you not call Carl king? On paper, we'd have turned a major weakness (defense) into potentially a STRONG contributor to team wins.

Poster Nutbag
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Saulbadguy]Battle was not even slated to be a starter

I thought word was he'd beaten out Warfield in OTA's/minicamp.

Saulbadguy
You realize the first month that means:

Surtain, McCleon (starters)
Sapp, Hodge, and Perkins (for nickle and dime packages)

If that's our first month options, I'm predicting a 1-3 start. :shake:

:banghead:
Thats IF Warfield gets suspended. Thats still up in the air. It still can't be as bad as what we fielded last year, with Warfield opposite of Bartee or McCleon. Think about that for a second. Last year we had Warfield (average corner) with Mcleon/Bartee (below average corners). This year we will field a GOOD Cornerback, paired with a below average corner.

Besides, all this doom and gloom is coming after an insignificant CB gets hurt. I'm not buying it. I bet one of the younger guys (Sapp, Hodge, Perkins) steps up.

RedThat

Are you comfortable with McCleon, or Sapp starting the first 4 games with us?
4 games with scrubs? That's a lot. That's 1/4 of a season. To even mention, those games are meaningful. 2 of them are against divisional rivals on the road. I don't know about you, but, I won't be comfortable seeing Jerry Porter torch Dexter McCleon for TD's. I also won't be comfortable seeing Rod Smith or Ashley Leslie torch McCleon. That's just me, but, everybody has their opinion I guess.

shakesthecat
Where does this love affair with Taylor come from?
The guys hasn't done squat in 2 years. He's 31 years old and constantly breaking down.

I'm fine with McLeon, Sapp, and Hodge holding down the fort until Warfield comes back.

Saulbadguy
06-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Where does this love affair with Taylor come from?
The guys hasn't done squat in 2 years. He's 31 years old and constantly breaking down.

I'm fine with McLeon, Sapp, and Hodge holding down the fort until Warfield comes back.
Heh. McLeon. Was that on purpose?

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 11:29 AM
...Besides, all this doom and gloom is coming after an insignificant CB gets hurt. I'm not buying it. I bet one of the younger guys (Sapp, Hodge, Perkins) steps up.

I like Hodge and Perkins a lot....but I think it's askin' an awful lot; especially, IF (as has been reported) Battle was improved....

Saulbadguy
06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Are you comfortable with McCleon, or Sapp starting the first 4 games with us?
4 games with scrubs? That's a lot. That's 1/4 of a season. To even mention, those games are meaningful. 2 of them are against divisional rivals on the road. I don't know about you, but, I won't be comfortable seeing Jerry Porter torch Dexter McCleon for TD's. I also won't be comfortable seeing Rod Smith or Ashley Leslie torch McCleon. That's just me, but, everybody has their opinion I guess.
I'm fine with that. We don't know what Hodge/Perkins can do, and Sapp could improve. Since we have Surtain AND Sammy Knight, that will make the secondary INSTANTLY better than what it was last year. Add in the addition of a couple of real linebackers, and we got ourselves a defense.

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm fine with that. We don't know what Hodge/Perkins can do, and Sapp could improve. Since we have Surtain AND Sammy Knight, that will make the secondary INSTANTLY better than what it was last year. Add in the addition of a couple of real linebackers, and we got ourselves a defense.

I wish I could get a hold of some of that Kool-Aid.... :p

Saulbadguy
06-21-2005, 11:31 AM
I like Hodge and Perkins a lot....but I think it's askin' an awful lot; especially, IF (as has been reported) Battle was improved....
Battle hasn't done anything. DV reported Battle as "one of the most gifted athletes we have" last year. Too bad he couldn't do shit except get us flagged. His technique is awful. Even in the practice he looked like shit, before he got hurt.

Saulbadguy
06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I wish I could get a hold of some of that Kool-Aid.... :p
Heh. Its common sense. Losing Battle may save us a few PI flags, but thats about it. I wouldn't mind getting another body in their at CB, but Law will want too much money.

I'll point to Denver (ugh) as a point of reference. They have one good CB (Champ). The rest of their CB's, not so good. They have a couple of good safeties as well. I think we will be in the same situation as them, if the scheme works out.

Chiefnj
06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Did Taylor play a single down at corner last year or was he demoted to safety and then sat on the bench?

Last year at this time the majority of fans were confident that Gunther would take virtually every player on the roster and turn them around.

This year nobody wants to go with any existing player. It's a free agent or nothing.

RedThat
06-21-2005, 11:34 AM

I like Benny Sapp. Not for coverage, I'd prefer if the Chiefs used him more often on the blitz. Sapp is a good blitzer, he gets there. I'm interested in seeing what Alponso Hodge can do. I do know he has experience covering Ashley Leslie before.

*We should field a pretty good defense I agree.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-21-2005, 11:52 AM
everything I have read about Taylor on other BBs, he should retire

KCChiefsMan
06-21-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm gonna guess that woods would probably come in and play nickel if we go with what we've got. Sapp would probably come in as well, who knows about Hodge or Perkins

KCChiefsMan
06-21-2005, 11:58 AM
This year we need to go all or nothing! With players considering retirement and I don't know who is up for free agency or what kind of cap we will be looking at in 2006. But I'd take buying a superbowl this year by getting Law or whoever and doing it! I wouldn't want to cheat like the Broncos did though, thats just not respectable at all

jspchief
06-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I thought word was he'd beaten out Warfield in OTA's/minicamp.For about the millionth time...

Battle did not "beat out" Warfield. The coaches started giving him first team snaps, in anticipation of Warfield's suspension. It had nothing to do with Warfield's play. More importantly, Battle had only been taking those snaps for about 3 days. For all we know, after a week he could have been bumped by Sapp.

I don't doubt that Battle looks good in mini camp. He appears to be the most athletic of our young guys. I'm not sure that will transfer to the field though. Battle was getting good run from Vermeil last year too. Then he got in a situation where penalties are actually called, and he was a total liability.

To say that Battle got that much better than Sapp in one off-season is a bit far fetched to me. He obviously got passed over for Sapp last year. He may have gotten better in the last six months of downtime, but I have trouble believing that it's going to be that big of a drop-off from him to Sapp.

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm gonna guess that woods would probably come in and play nickel if we go with what we've got. Sapp would probably come in as well, who knows about Hodge or Perkins

I thought about that too....if Woods is still on the roster, I guess they might look at that. I'm bettin' it'll be Sapp though; and Hodge and Perkins will see plenty of snaps.

svuba
06-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I thought about that too....if Woods is still on the roster, I guess they might look at that. I'm bettin' it'll be Sapp though; and Hodge and Perkins will see plenty of snaps.

I say we convert Scanlon to CB- - - - Unless we are trying to hide his true abilities from other NFL teams so he can be our Superbowl "Secret Weapon".

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Can Shaunard Harts play corner?

:D

Poster Nutbag
06-21-2005, 01:52 PM
For about the millionth time...
:cuss:

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I say we convert Scanlon to CB- - - - Unless we are trying to hide his true abilities from other NFL teams so he can be our Superbowl "Secret Weapon".

SCANLON... :hmmm:

Why didn't I think of that! :banghead:

ROFL

htismaqe
06-21-2005, 02:13 PM
We won 7 games last year with McCleon and Bartee as starters at various times.

We'll survive.

jspchief
06-21-2005, 02:18 PM

We'll survive.Without Knight, Surtain, Bell, and DJ.

We add 3 former pro-bowlers, and draft a Butkus and Nagurski award winner, yet somehow we're completely fooked because we lost Julian Battle.

patteeu
06-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Hope Warfield isn't suspended, but if he is, go with what we've got.

beer bacon
06-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Without Knight, Surtain, Bell, and DJ.

We add 3 former pro-bowlers, and draft a Butkus and Nagurski award winner, yet somehow we're completely fooked because we lost Julian Battle.

I don't see how this is so hard to grasp. We would be ****ed if Warfield gets suspended for the first four games. All four of those games are going to be tough, and if we go 1-4 or 0-4 then the rest of the season is already in serious jeopardy. We need to field the best possible team that we can. Right now if Eric is suspended then we have one all-star CB and a bunch of unknowns.

I would be fine with signing Bobby Taylor and hoping he waits to breakdown until after Warfield is back from suspension. Terrel Buckley (sp?) is also an FA. I recognize the name, but don't remember much about him. Is he any good? Could he be a four game stop gap?

jspchief
06-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't see how this is so hard to grasp. We would be ****ed if Warfield gets suspended for the first four games. All four of those games are going to be tough, and if we go 1-4 or 0-4 then the rest of the season is already in serious jeopardy. We need to field the best possible team that we can. Right now if Eric is suspended then we have one all-star CB and a bunch of unknowns.

I would be fine with signing Bobby Taylor and hoping he waits to breakdown until after Warfield is back from suspension. Terrel Buckley (sp?) is also an FA. I recognize the name, but don't remember much about him. Is he any good? Could he be a four game stop gap?

It does seem to be hard to grasp.

A bunch of unknowns? We'll be able to field the same defense we've fielded for the last three years, except with upgrades at 4 spots. The same defense that has only had one 4 game losing streak in that span. The same defense that we had when we beat Atlanta, Indy, Denver, and Baltimore last year.

Pretend that Surtain is Warfield's replacement. There's no reason to believe we won't be a better defense.

Terrell Buckley was Skip's favorite player when he was a kid.

tk13
06-21-2005, 02:54 PM
It does seem to be hard to grasp.

A bunch of unknowns? We'll be able to field the same defense we've fielded for the last three years, except with upgrades at 4 spots. The same defense that has only had one 4 game losing streak in that span. The same defense that we had when we beat Atlanta, Indy, Denver, and Baltimore last year.

Pretend that Surtain is Warfield's replacement. There's no reason to believe we won't be a better defense.

Terrell Buckley was Skip's favorite player when he was a kid.
I don't know, I still think it's a concern. McCleon was completely helpless over there at times. Having Surtain isn't going to make a lick of difference if the other team can throw fade routes over McCleon's head all day. Sapp's 3 feet tall, and Hodge is unproven. And to think I got laughed at all offseason for saying we shoulda signed Kelly Herndon... :)

Chiefnj
06-21-2005, 02:56 PM
There aren't many NFL teams that are 3-4 deep at corner. Hell, you're lucky if you have two solid starters. But yet, each year starters go down with injury and teams survive. Sometimes the young guys have to step up. It's time for Sapp or Hodge to step it up.

You need to develop some of your own players. You can't rely solely on free agency.

beer bacon
06-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't know, I still think it's a concern. McCleon was completely helpless over there at times. Having Surtain isn't going to make a lick of difference if the other team can throw 15-20 yard fade routes over McCleon's head all day.

Yeah, it seemed to me last year that our biggest problem was that offenses facing us could just throw anywhere away from Warfield all game and get completions. Unless Surtain can cover all the receivers on the field then we are still going to be in trouble while/if Warfield is out.

One of the things I do feel more comfortable with is pass coverage from our LBs. DJ and Fox should do a much better job covering RBs out of the backfield and TEs then our LB core did last year.

tk13
06-21-2005, 03:05 PM
There aren't many NFL teams that are 3-4 deep at corner. Hell, you're lucky if you have two solid starters. But yet, each year starters go down with injury and teams survive. Sometimes the young guys have to step up. It's time for Sapp or Hodge to step it up.

You need to develop some of your own players. You can't rely solely on free agency.
I know I rip on people pretty hard for wanting to play fantasy football and sign this name and that name... but McCleon's old, Sapp's an undrafted 2nd year player who is going to be at a huge size disadvantage on the outside, and Hodge is a rookie late round draft pick who you're asking to start without ever having played an NFL down... I don't think any of those guys are particularly supposed to be in a position where they're asked to carry a very large chunk of responsibility. If they do, that's great, but given that we're trying to load up for a Super Bowl run here, I think we might be getting in over our heads asking three nickel/dime corners to do so much. Might not have any choice though.

jspchief
06-21-2005, 03:08 PM
I don't know, I still think it's a concern. McCleon was completely helpless over there at times. Having Surtain isn't going to make a lick of difference if the other team can throw fade routes over McCleon's head all day. Sapp's 3 feet tall, and Hodge is unproven. And to think I got laughed at all offseason for saying we shoulda signed Kelly Herndon... :)Of course it's a concern. It's always a concern when you have to play someone other than your starter. I just don't feel it's enough of a concern to go out and spend a lot of money on a 4 game replacement.

Furthermore, a week ago very few people were still beating the drums to bring in Law. Most of the clamoring has come since Battle went down. IMO, that's absurd.

Ghostof
06-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Why bother, the window of opportunity has closed, Chiefs wont be going to the Super Bowl anytime in the next 15 years.

Chiefs will have a 4-12 season in 2005, Vermeil will retire, Saunders will be the head coach. Holmes will retire and the defense will again rank up in the top 10 or less, while the offense is on the bottom five.

jspchief
06-21-2005, 03:12 PM
... but McCleon's old...

2 months older than Bobby Taylor
5 months older than Law, and not coming off of a debilitating injury.

tk13
06-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Of course it's a concern. It's always a concern when you have to play someone other than your starter. I just don't feel it's enough of a concern to go out and spend a lot of money on a 4 game replacement.

Furthermore, a week ago very few people were still beating the drums to bring in Law. Most of the clamoring has come since Battle went down. IMO, that's absurd.
I'd agree with that... this is something we should've been planning for much earlier in the offseason if we really thought Warfield would get suspended. Personally, I think we might have been better off had we signed Hartwell/Dyson/Herndon over spending all that money on Surtain... everybody thought I was crazy, but of course now we've got people worried about MLB, #2 CB, nickel corner.... etc, etc. Our corners would've been worse but we'd have Bell/Hartwell/Johnson at LB... plus CB depth. Championship defenses are made in the front 7 anyway. It is what it is though, gotta make due with what we got.

tk13
06-21-2005, 03:22 PM
2 months older than Bobby Taylor
5 months older than Law, and not coming off of a debilitating injury.
I never said I wanted Bobby Taylor. Comparing McCleon to Ty Law though, there is no comparison. Just watch McCleon any time he's out there... teams just throw fade patterns over him over and over and over (see Jacksonville, numerous other games) without fail. That isn't going to happen to Ty Law.... 50% of Ty Law is probably still better than what McCleon gave us last year. Comparing the two is an insult to Law. I'm not convinced we can sign Law though, and yes, if we have the money available we should go after him I think, and I would've said that before Battle got hurt. If Battle getting hurt is what set this in motion in the front office's brain, I'd agree that it is kind of silly, although he does have much better size and speed to compete than those other guys, he just has to figure it out mentally.

CoMoChief
06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Im gonna settle all of this arguing people......

It really doesnt matter that Battle got injured. Benny Sapp is better than him anyway, and I would also put my money on Hodge as well, that guy can run! McBurnon is garbage, everyone knows that.

But the real thing to worry about this season is our defensive line. If we cant provide pressure to their QB, forcing him to hurry or make bad choices, then we could have Champ Bailey and Surtain and McAllister all in our secondary and if the QB can sit back and take his time, then he's gonna pick apart our defense. Here's how I look at it...

Defensive Line - Sims needs to step up but wont, Siavii will more than likely replace him if hes healthy enough to play. Dalton was solid last season but will he be again this season, who knows. Browning is said to be our best Defensive lineman, but why doesnt he replace Sims??? Eric Hicks needs to man up and play like he did in 2000, chances of that happening are very slim, and leads for me to believe that 2000 was a fluke for Hicks. Allen was awesome last season but can he live up to last season's hype, hopefully he can. Remember he didnt start that much last season until around the last month of the season. We are still more far away from having a good defensive line than we are having a good secondary. Wesley is back to his ol self, Knight is a playmaker hands down. Surtain, may I need to say more? There are alot of teams out there that have one good CB and 3-4 bad ones, a few teams are exceptions to that like the Vikes, Eagles, Ravens, who have more than one good corner.

It all starts with the defensive line people. Look at what Philly, Carolina, NE, and JAX can do to an offense. I believe our offense had trouble against all of those teams last season except Philly in which we did not play them. Those teams Dlines are very good. Its like a domino effect. Good dlines create more playmaking abilities for LB's. Playmaking LB's make it easier on the CB's so they are not left out on islands all game long. If our defensive line doesnt man up this season, we are in trouble.

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Without Knight, Surtain, Bell, and DJ.

Good point.

bringbackmarty
06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I predict our opening day secondary will be.
Corners:
Surtain
Warfield *(Taylor)
Taylor
McCleon
Sapp
Hodge
Safeties:
Knight
Wesley
Bartee
Harts
(crotch) ps.
Of course vermiel could be just posturing until he finds out he can't add any decent help, then he will move young william back to nickleback. he will put crotch or pile on the active roster, thereby ensuring his legacy as a players coach, to a fault.

penguinz
06-21-2005, 04:05 PM
This thread is hilarious!

Inspector
06-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Why bother, the window of opportunity has closed, Chiefs wont be going to the Super Bowl anytime in the next 15 years.

Chiefs will have a 4-12 season in 2005, Vermeil will retire, Saunders will be the head coach. Holmes will retire and the defense will again rank up in the top 10 or less, while the offense is on the bottom five.

Your optimism is really getting me stoked for some football.

KChiefs1
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Hypothetically speaking....

What will the Chiefs cap room be "IF" they dump Barber, Maz & Fujita's salaries this year? I have a feeling NONE OF THEM will be any help this year anyways....just a thought.

Dayze
06-21-2005, 05:58 PM
I'll be very surprised if we do much more this off season. Anything else is just a bonus for what I consider to be a very good off season.

The Chiefs will have all of training camp to practice specifically to get through the 1st 4 games. If we can survive that, the we're in good shape.

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 06:19 PM

We'll survive.

It's not the starting two I'm worried about as much as the nickle and dime packages...I suspect we'll be seeing a lot (a LOT!) of four WR and some 5 WR sets. And I just don't like what the options are ...

Our pass rush better be FIERCE that first month, or we could see a repeat of the pass defense (if that's what you want to call it) we had last year....

milkman
06-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I predict our opening day secondary will be.
Corners:
Surtain
Warfield *(Taylor)
Taylor
McCleon
Sapp
Hodge
Safeties:
Knight
Wesley
Bartee
Harts
(crotch) ps.
Of course vermiel could be just posturing until he finds out he can't add any decent help, then he will move young william back to nickleback. he will put crotch or pile on the active roster, thereby ensuring his legacy as a players coach, to a fault.

I'm assuming you're talking about Eric Crouch, and since he's already been released by the Chiefs, I think it's a pretty good bet he won't make the practice squad.

Call it a hunch!

htismaqe
06-21-2005, 06:50 PM
It's not the starting two I'm worried about as much as the nickle and dime packages...I suspect we'll be seeing a lot (a LOT!) of four WR and some 5 WR sets. And I just don't like what the options are ...

Our pass rush better be FIERCE that first month, or we could see a repeat of the pass defense (if that's what you want to call it) we had last year....

What do you think we should do, sign 5 pro-bowlers? No team goes 3-4 deep at CB and every year there are injuries, yet teams survive.

htismaqe
06-21-2005, 06:51 PM

You want to sign a guy in Taylor that hasn't played a full game at CB in almost two years...

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 06:55 PM
What do you think we should do, sign 5 pro-bowlers? No team goes 3-4 deep at CB and every year there are injuries, yet teams survive.

I think we should "look," at least....I'd settle for 2 pro-bowlers, BTW. Surtain is one; why not make Law two....heh. :p

Seriously though, I'm just wonderin' if there is at least a more attractive option worth lookin' into, aggressively....not just throwin' our arms up, and sayin' "every team has injuries and suspensions, and they have to deal with them."

If a good start weren't SOOOOO important this year (I'd settle for 2-2 at this point), I wouldn't be so insistent....but our window is closing fast. :(

Manila-Chief
06-21-2005, 09:59 PM

I agree with your post below ... that we should sign a healthy Law if we can. I doubt very seriously that he will settle for the money C.P. offers him.

But, if all you are worried about is the nickle ... I think Woods would be a quality replacement there. Especially, if it is only for the first 4 games or less.

I think it is way too much of a stretch to expect one of the rooks to step up and do the job. Sapp maybe ... but not guys getting their feet wet in the NFL.

Mr. Kotter
06-21-2005, 10:02 PM
I agree with your post below ... that we should sign a healthy Law if we can. I doubt very seriously that he will settle for the money C.P. offers him.

But, if all you are worried about is the nickle ... I think Woods would be a quality replacement there. Especially, if it is only for the first 4 games or less.

I think it is way too much of a stretch to expect one of the rooks to step up and do the job. Sapp maybe ... but not guys getting their feet wet in the NFL.

Woods may be our best option outside of Sapp....

Rausch
06-21-2005, 10:22 PM
BOBBY mother-****ing TALOR!1!

htismaqe
06-22-2005, 07:50 AM
BOBBY mother-****ing TALOR!1!

IS mother-****ing INJURED AGAIN!1!

KCTitus
06-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Wow...I had no idea that Battle's inabiltity to play CB was the lynchpin to KC's SB dream.

That's some interesting logic.

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2005, 08:13 AM
...Battle's inabiltity to play CB was the lynchpin to KC's SB dream...

I must be blind, I guess; I don't see anyone who said that.... :hmmm:

:p

KCTitus
06-22-2005, 08:57 AM
I must be blind, I guess; I don't see anyone who said that.... :hmmm:

:p

Predictions of a 1-3 start as a result of the loss of Battle is saying the season is over before it started. It's a pretty good inference.

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Predictions of a 1-3 start as a result of the loss of Battle is saying the season is over before it started. It's a pretty good inference.

It's not JUST Battle....

It's the "chain-reaction" of that, coupled with the Warfield....that leads to McCleon, Sapp, and Hodge/Perkins all being on the field at the same time, that I find distressing. :(

KCTitus
06-22-2005, 09:02 AM
It's not JUST Battle....

It's the "chain-reaction" of that, coupled with the Warfield....that leads to McCleon, Sapp, and Hodge/Perkins all being on the field at the same time, that I find distressing. :(

Im not going to worry about it in June/July. You can panic for me, ok?

Mr. Kotter
06-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Im not going to worry about it in June/July. You can panic for me, ok?

Call me silly, but I'd rather search for an "alternative" now....rather than in September. That's all I'm saying, really.... :shrug:

htismaqe
06-22-2005, 09:38 AM
It's not JUST Battle....

Since Vermeil has been here, we've had various mixtures of Warfield, Bartee, Ray Crockett, McCleon, Jerome Woods, Taje Allen, and a cast of 1000's.

Yet we've lost 2 in a row only 4 times (twice in 2001 and twice again in 2002), 3 in row once (last year), and 4 in a row twice (2001 and 2004).

It's quite simple. Warfield doesn't matter. Neither does Bartee, McCleon, Battle, or any of the rest. If Patrick Surtain is on the field there is ZERO chance of us being worse than at any other time during the Vermeil years.