PDA

View Full Version : Seriously...Are You THAT Lazy?

CosmicPal
06-21-2005, 08:15 PM
I just got home from the grocery store. On my way out with a handful of bags, I noticed not one, but half a dozen stranded shopping carts surrounding my car. The cart carosel thing was only a couple of feet away.

Now, someone needs to explain to me how the phuck you have no problem with pushing a cart around for an hour, filling it up, unloading it a couple of times, and then just leave the damn thing by your vehicle. You can't walk another ten yards to put it away?

:shake:

Deberg_1990
06-21-2005, 08:16 PM
WooHoo!! IM glad im not the only one pissed off by this! I cant stand people who do this. Leave their carts in the middle of 2 cars just waiting for a good stiff wind to blow and bang it into my car.

Rain Man
06-21-2005, 08:16 PM
They're not lazy. It takes a lot of work to get the carts up to 20 mph before they hit your vehicle.

Deberg_1990
06-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Another thing that pisses me off are people who wait in the middle of the lane to get a good parking spot. They block traffic for 10 minutes while the soccer mom they are waiting on loads up the minivan with her 3 kids and 2 carseats plus groceries. Just so they can get a spot thats like 20 feet closer. Genius....

Phobia
06-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah - I really hate that. I make it a point not to be a hypocrite, too.

milkman
06-21-2005, 08:23 PM
We live in a society where about 95% of people are lazy, rude, and just ****in' useless.

Deberg_1990
06-21-2005, 08:25 PM
We live in a society where about 95% of people are lazy, rude, and just ****in' useless.

Ive recently come to this conclusion as well.

Skip Towne
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
When I see a guy that looks like a dork I wait till he goes inside. Then I surround his car with grocery carts and hide behind a mini van to laugh at his rant.

Rain Man
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
I blame the homeless who can't make the payments on their shopping carts.

CosmicPal
06-21-2005, 08:28 PM
WooHoo!! IM glad im not the only one pissed off by this!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pissed. It just blows me away that SO many people do this. I think it's rather sad that people see absolutely no problem with pushing around a cart for so long while walking great lengths of the store, only to abandon the cart at the end. They couldn't walk the darn thing over another few yards....It's a shame and a rather sad reflection of how our society behaves.

KCChiefsMan
06-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Yeah - I really hate that. I make it a point not to be a hypocrite, too.

ya, believe what you will about me but if there is one thing I try to specialize in is ettiquette. The Golden Rule is important to me

Phobia
06-21-2005, 08:41 PM
ya, believe what you will about me but if there is one thing I try to specialize in is ettiquette. The Golden Rule is important to me

Have anybody lick your face lately?

Heh. I believe you're an alright guy. You're a little goofy sometimes, but show me any kid in their early 20's who isn't.

opraider
06-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Geez, you must live in Johnson County!!!!

CosmicPal
06-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Geez, you must live in Johnson County!!!!

Typical of a Raiders fan in Overland Park to think I live in JC. I believe my location says quite clearly- Denver, CO. Now, if you wouldn't mind, do us a favor and return the cart like a good boy and we'll forgive you for living in JC.

Nightfyre
06-21-2005, 09:02 PM
I worked the walmart parking lot in high school. Someone who wasnt handicapped parked in a handicapped parking spot, so I took it upon myself to line up all my carts right behind their car when they came back.

Rain Man
06-21-2005, 09:06 PM
It wasn't worth mentioning in the Wal-Mart thread, but it's kind of on target here.

When I finished my Wal-Mart shopping experience, I pushed my cart out to the car, which was way out at the end of the lot since I don't really like getting door dings. I put my stuff in the car and then looked around, and the nearest cart corral was about halfway back. I started walking it back there.

There was a Wal-Mart employee gathering carts, and I started to intercept him, but he peeled off toward the same cart corral and didn't see me, so I ended up following him. Once he got to the corral, he turned and saw me, because by that time I was only about 25 feet away.

I wheeled the cart up to the guy, and he took it, but he didn't react or say thanks or anything. He just took the cart and turned back around. I kind of expected a thank you since I was making his job easier, but Noooooooooo.

If I was a cart cowboy, I think I'd thank anyone who helped me round up strays.

Rain Man
06-21-2005, 09:07 PM
I worked the walmart parking lot in high school. Someone who wasnt handicapped parked in a handicapped parking spot, so I took it upon myself to line up all my carts right behind their car when they came back.

Rep, even though the overt overrequirements for handicapped spots annoys me.

Nightfyre
06-21-2005, 09:08 PM
It wasn't worth mentioning in the Wal-Mart thread, but it's kind of on target here.

When I finished my Wal-Mart shopping experience, I pushed my cart out to the car, which was way out at the end of the lot since I don't really like getting door dings. I put my stuff in the car and then looked around, and the nearest cart corral was about halfway back. I started walking it back there.

There was a Wal-Mart employee gathering carts, and I started to intercept him, but he peeled off toward the same cart corral and didn't see me, so I ended up following him. Once he got to the corral, he turned and saw me, because by that time I was only about 25 feet away.

I wheeled the cart up to the guy, and he took it, but he didn't react or say thanks or anything. He just took the cart and turned back around. I kind of expected a thank you since I was making his job easier, but Noooooooooo.

Thats denver hospitality at work, isnt it?

Deberg_1990
06-21-2005, 09:20 PM

Oh brother, not to turn this into a complete bitch session, but thats another thing that annoys me. I always see people park in the handicap spots that dont appear to me to be handicapped. They have a sign on their car, but then they get out and appear to walk perfectly fine.

Phobia
06-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh brother, not to turn this into a complete bitch session, but thats another thing that annoys me. I always see people park in the handicap spots that dont appear to me to be handicapped. They have a sign on their car, but then they get out and appear to walk perfectly fine.

I think the fine for abusing handicapped parking spots should be an arm and a leg.

keg in kc
06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
No, I'm not that lazy. I guess I need to not try harder.

Nzoner
06-21-2005, 10:02 PM
It's a shame and a rather sad reflection of how our society behaves.

Since you brought it up I'd like to bitch about the people who live right off a city street and don't have the common sense to either turn the mower the other way or at least wait until cars get by before continuing to mow.

I cringe everytime I come upon a jerk like this thinking about the mower shooting something out into the side of my truck.

runnercyclist
06-22-2005, 08:10 PM

Maybe their handicap doesn't effect their stride. Perhaps they are blind?

:harumph:

milkman
06-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Maybe their handicap doesn't effect their stride. Perhaps they are blind?

:harumph:

Or maybe their handicap is that they are useless pieces of crap.

Skip Towne
06-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Have anybody lick your face lately?

Heh. I believe you're an alright guy. You're a little goofy sometimes, but show me any kid in their early 20's who isn't.
I think he is an alright guy too. But his "innocent ignorance" is just hilarious at times. BTW, Herzig works part time as a waiter and he says a lot of Chiefsman's takes on tipping are correct.

DJay23
06-22-2005, 08:24 PM
It's these little instances that make me laugh histerically when magazines like "Time" have special reports on "WHY AMERICA IS GETTING FATTER." On top of eating too much crap, most Americans just don't do the things that take the tiniest little extra effort. It adds up.

If you're too lazy to push a card 20 feet, my guess is you're not running 2 miles a day either.

Skip Towne
06-22-2005, 08:29 PM

I know you thirst to acquire knowledge of what is currently "in" so as to avoid the appearance of getting old. The proper term is not "cart cowboys". They are not rounding up carts, they are "shagging them". Hence the term "Shaggers". And no, they don't use their most cerebral people as shaggers. Also, when you wish to address Wal-Martians as a whole, use the term "Wal-Mart Drones". That term was coined on the Planet by author unknown. I still giggle when I see them milling around inside the store.

ENDelt260
06-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Some poor kid is making minimum wage to round up those carts. If there weren't carts scattered around the parking lot, how would he buy his marijuana? Don't be a jerk, leave your cart where you last touched it. Or, better yet, give it a good shove in a random direction in the parking lot while screaming, "Vaya con queso!"

Skip Towne
06-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Some poor kid is making minimum wage to round up those carts. If there weren't carts scattered around the parking lot, how would he buy his marijuana? Don't be a jerk, leave your cart where you last touched it. Or, better yet, give it a good shove in a random direction in the parking lot while screaming, "Vaya con queso!"
Goodbye with beans? Yeah, I agree the carts should be distributed evenly throughout the parking lot. Job security for shaggers.

ENDelt260
06-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Goodbye with beans? Yeah, I agree the carts should be distributed evenly throughout the parking lot. Job security for shaggers.
"Go with cheese," actually.

Skip Towne
06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
"Go with cheese," actually.
Hehe. Seriously, how good is your Spanish? I know you pick shit up quickly. You young pups haven't destroyed as many brain cells as us pros.

ENDelt260
06-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Hehe. Seriously, how good is your Spanish? I know you pick shit up quickly. You young pups haven't destroyed as many brain cells as us pros.
Not as good as it used to be. I took three years in HS, but no one in Missouri speaks Spanish, so it went to waste. By the time I came out to AZ, I didn't remember much at all.

If a Mexican is purposely talking slowly to me so as to help me understand, I can understand a reasonable portion. I know enough to get around in Mexico, though my grammar is horrid. I often don't bother conjugating verbs. I figure I can make myself understood w/ only infinitives.

CosmicPal
06-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Not as good as it used to be. I took three years in HS, but no one in Missouri speaks Spanish, so it went to waste. By the time I came out to AZ, I didn't remember much at all.

If a Mexican is purposely talking slowly to me so as to help me understand, I can understand a reasonable portion. I know enough to get around in Mexico, though my grammar is horrid. I often don't bother conjugating verbs. I figure I can make myself understood w/ only infinitives.

Si