PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do we have some expensive backups?

cmh6476
06-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Jerome Woods (or I guess possibly Wesley)
Shawn Barber
Ryan Sims (assuming Dalton & browning start)

Now I've seen the talk here of possibly asking a couple guys to rework deals so we could go after another corner. Would we possibly be talking about a guy like Woods? Or if Maz or barber are put on the PUP list, do we still have to count their salaries against the cap?

TRR
06-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I agree. I think some guys need to re-work their contracts. Especially Jerome Woods. Barber probably will be put on the PUP list. Who knows how the restructuring process works with that.

Sims is in the final year of his contract. IMHO, Sims will be let go after this season, and Siavii will step right in. Unless Sims completely blows up the entire NFL, he won't be a Chief next season.

Ari Chi3fs
06-21-2005, 10:09 PM
If Simms comes to training camp as a fat blob... Id almost cut his ass, and use that money to sign Law or something.

Simms is pretty worthless in my book, he better sho' somethin' this year...

Chiefnj
06-21-2005, 10:10 PM
I agree. I think some guys need to re-work their contracts. Especially Jerome Woods. Barber probably will be put on the PUP list. Who knows how the restructuring process works with that.

Sims is in the final year of his contract. IMHO, Sims will be let go after this season, and Siavii will step right in. Unless Sims completely blows up the entire NFL, he won't be a Chief next season.

Woods is making close to vet minimum.

Sims is not in the last year of his contract. Technically he is signed through 2009. He may have voidable years, but I'm not sure what he would have to do to reach those incentives. Based on his play, he shouldn't be able to void crap.

go bowe
06-21-2005, 10:12 PM

Sims is in the final year of his contract. IMHO, Sims will be let go after this season, and Siavii will step right in. Unless Sims completely blows up the entire NFL, he won't be a Chief next season.i hope siavii can step in...

this year...

he's part of the dl rotation, he'll be on the field a lot this year...

but i have my doubts about his work ethic and general attitude...

i just hope he grows up soon...

keg in kc
06-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Sims' contract was a 7-year deal. Even if it is voidable/voided after 2005, we're talking about a huge amount of dead money, because his tiered signing bonus in 2002 and 2003 totalled nearly 10 million.

TRR
06-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Woods is making close to vet minimum.

Sims is not in the last year of his contract. Technically he is signed through 2009. He may have voidable years, but I'm not sure what he would have to do to reach those incentives. Based on his play, he shouldn't be able to void crap.

Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a link that says Woods is making close to vets minimum? You might be right, but I highly doubt it.

keg in kc
06-21-2005, 10:40 PM
The six-year deal for Woods, who had made it clear his preference was to return to the Chiefs, is worth more than $3 million annually. The combined value of the initial signing bonus and a second-tier option bonus is $5 million, the same as Wesley's contract. link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1744968)

TRR
06-21-2005, 10:47 PM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1744968)

I know Woods also hit a clause in his contract that got him a 500,000 dollar bonus this offseason.

Added in, Woods is roughly making 3.5 million this season. Correct? I believe the vets minimum for him is around $750,000.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-22-2005, 07:27 AM
with Warfield possibly being suspened for a quarter of the season, it would nice to get a quarter of his salary back. Anyway he shouldn't balk at re-working his contract

milkman
06-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Jerome Woods (or I guess possibly Wesley)
Shawn Barber
Ryan Sims (assuming Dalton & browning start)

Now I've seen the talk here of possibly asking a couple guys to rework deals so we could go after another corner. Would we possibly be talking about a guy like Woods? Or if Maz or barber are put on the PUP list, do we still have to count their salaries against the cap?

I don't think Browning will start.
I think when the Cheifs staff talk about Browning as the best D-Lineman on the team, what they are actually saying is that he's the most versatile, giving them a player that can play any of the D-Line positions.

Sims or Siavii will be the starter next to Dalton, and based on Gun's comments on the radio, that were posted here the other day, my money is now on Siavii.