PDA

View Full Version : NHL deal almost done?

Mr. Laz
06-22-2005, 05:36 PM
mark cuban was just on espn's "Budweiser hot set" and was asked "If you could buy any franchise, which would it be?"

"probably an NHL franchise ... i hear it's gonna be a sweetheart of a deal....

.... buy low, sell high .... lol"

milkman
06-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Frankly, Laz, I don't give a damn!

Mr. Laz
06-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Frankly, Laz, I don't give a damn!
http://images.encarta.msn.com/xrefmedia/sharemed/targets/images/pho/t051/T051005A.jpg

runnercyclist
06-22-2005, 05:51 PM
The last thing I want is HOCKEY back on my Sportscenter. What a lovely year it's been. Thank God for the NFL Network.

chiefs4me
06-22-2005, 05:55 PM
We will have hockey this year, they are gonna have the deal in place, in less then a month......PBJ

Herzig
06-22-2005, 07:08 PM
We will have hockey this year, they are gonna have the deal in place, in less then a month......PBJ

Take notes MLB...here's a blueprint on how to break the player's union.

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 07:12 PM
We will have hockey this year, they are gonna have the deal in place, in less then a month......PBJHe shoots and SCORESSZZZZ!!1111 :thumb:

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Take notes MLB...here's a blueprint on how to break the player's union.Fug an A, just lock em out for 18 months. That ought to do it.

chiefqueen
06-22-2005, 07:17 PM
The last thing I want is HOCKEY back on my Sportscenter. What a lovely year it's been. Thank God for the NFL Network.

Come on..............you know it will only make Sportscenter if they was a fight or a Bertuzzi (sp?) type hit.

That's more hitting than the NFL will allow.

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Come on..............you know it will only make Sportscenter if they was a fight or a Bertuzzi (sp?) type hit.

That's more hitting than the NFL will allow.Hockey is much more entertaining than watching a bunch of NBA players play at 80% all season.

morphius
06-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Hockey is much more entertaining than watching a bunch of NBA players play at 80% all season.
And a bunch of refs trying out for WWE...

And with the Royals being pathetic again...

Damn I miss hockey.

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 07:59 PM

Damn I miss hockey.But hey, they swept the Yankees. Thats almost worth a whole season. ;)

morphius
06-22-2005, 08:00 PM
But hey, they swept the Yankees. Thats almost worth a whole season. ;)
Yeah, it would help if we could stop playing the White Sox, egahd.

milkman
06-22-2005, 08:00 PM

Damn I miss hockey.

I'd rather watch sweat dripping off a ditchpig than watch hockey.

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, it would help if we could stop playing the White Sox, egahd.The Sox haven't won a WS since 1917 or something, but you don't here their fans wearing it as a badge of fuggin honor like dum ass Cubs fans. I don't know what they would do if the Cubs actually won it all. Cubs fan without "the Curse" to worship. Why, it would be like a chicken with its head cut off.

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 08:07 PM
I'd rather watch sweat dripping off a ditchpig than watch hockey.So, forgive my ignorance, but, what the fug is a ditchpig?

Hercules Rockefell
06-22-2005, 08:10 PM
There was someone from the Altitude TV Network (owned by the Avs and Nuggets owner) this afternoon in Denver, they were told to expect an announcement no later than the middle of next month with a real chance at it being next week. They're basically just going through the CBA line by line right now making sure everything's correct.

Once the salary cap was agreed to, it just became a matter of time.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2005, 08:12 PM
So, forgive my ignorance, but, what the fug is a ditchpig?

http://www.themakeupgallery.info/images/character/ugly/shalbb6a.jpg

DJay23
06-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks to hockey, and how no one cares about whether it is actually played, I got to see twice as many KU basketball games this year than I normally would.

Keep them off the ice!

andoman
06-22-2005, 08:16 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
http://www.themakeupgallery.info/images/character/ugly/shalbb6a.jpgyour pic didn't show, p.m. a copy to me, or repost please. Thanks for your efforts. :)

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks to hockey, and how no one cares about whether it is actually played, I got to see twice as many KU basketball games this year than I normally would.

Keep them off the ice!Don't they have the KU channel or something there so you can have all the games? I realize it is only Kansas, and what with no Professional teams at all in the whole state of Kansas, that kind of like makes KU your franchise, so they should hve a 24/7 network devoted to this no?

sorry, just being a smartass.

:D

milkman
06-22-2005, 08:34 PM
your pic didn't show, p.m. a copy to me, or repost please. Thanks for your efforts. :)

I don't know what Laz posted, but this is my definition of a ditchpig.

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/68/75/12m.jpg

chiefs4me
06-22-2005, 10:17 PM
He shoots and SCORESSZZZZ!!1111 :thumb:

here come the stars.......PBJ

chiefs4me
06-22-2005, 10:20 PM

Keep them off the ice!

I just might have to rep you for that statement....:hmmm:

|Zach|
06-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Mark Cuban rules.

chagrin
06-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Colorado Avalanche!

Bearcat
06-23-2005, 11:41 AM
mark cuban was just on espn's "Budweiser hot set" and was asked "If you could buy any franchise, which would it be?"

"probably an NHL franchise ... i hear it's gonna be a sweetheart of a deal....

.... buy low, sell high .... lol"

I heard that, too... along with Chicago firing their coach and the Blues signing one, I thought I had missed something. I haven't paid attention in months. It's like anything else in the media... I don't need the same update everyday, just wake me when there's some real news.

Mostly though, I just don't want to hear Bettman's "the deal is done" speech.... "Bow down to me, for I have made the NHL better. Now everyone associated with the NHL can sleep at night knowing that the system is now gauranteed to work, all because I don't know how to, er, refused to compromise."

Guess it's like a cult. Killing yourself with the belief that you're going to a better place, even if you have no proof of it to begin with.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other...

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Colorado Avalanche!

Suck......ROFL

cadmonkey
06-23-2005, 11:45 AM
There wasn't an NHL season last year? huh, who knew?

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 11:46 AM
I heard that, too... along with Chicago firing their coach and the Blues signing one, I thought I had missed something. I haven't paid attention in months. It's like anything else in the media... I don't need the same update everyday, just wake me when there's some real news.

Mostly though, I just don't want to hear Bettman's "the deal is done" speech.... "Bow down to me, for I have made the NHL better. Now everyone associated with the NHL can sleep at night knowing that the system is now gauranteed to work, all because I don't know how to, er, refused to compromise."

Guess it's like a cult. Killing yourself with the belief that you're going to a better place, even if you have no proof of it to begin with.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other...

Quit bitching and just be happy that we are going to have hockey....:p

Bearcat
06-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Quit bitching and just be happy that we are going to have hockey....:p

Only one issue has been agreed upon -- the salary cap. They're still talking about other stuff before it's actually finalized.

Even if there is, I know I'll watch, but I don't know how attached I'll get. I know it would be dumb to say "I'll never watch again", because that's not going to happen, but with the strike, all the talk about rule changes, the draft mess, and how a lot of guys that I really enjoyed watching got the shaft for their final season or might decide to stay in Europe, and oh yeah, Bettman, I have absolutely no faith that the product on the ice will be as good as it was before.

In conclusion, if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you :p

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Only one issue has been agreed upon -- the salary cap. They're still talking about other stuff before it's actually finalized.

Even if there is, I know I'll watch, but I don't know how attached I'll get. I know it would be dumb to say "I'll never watch again", because that's not going to happen, but with the strike, all the talk about rule changes, the draft mess, and how a lot of guys that I really enjoyed watching got the shaft for their final season or might decide to stay in Europe, and oh yeah, Bettman, I have absolutely no faith that the product on the ice will be as good as it was before.

In conclusion, if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you :p

:rolleyes:...you are right, it won't be like it was...it will be better. Especially if they give us the shoot out's to end tie games.....you are really missing the point......the point is...

We are gonna have hockey in a couple of months..:p

Bearcat
06-24-2005, 11:33 AM
:rolleyes:...you are right, it won't be like it was...it will be better. Especially if they give us the shoot out's to end tie games.....you are really missing the point......the point is...

You kind of proved my point... there are lots of hockey people that don't want shootouts. Call me a traditionalist, but hockey is the ultimate team game, and deciding a hockey game by shootout is like deciding a football game by a field goal kicking contest. If they do it, they should first play a full OT, but players might complain about that, and the games would go on forever.

Taking out the blue lines is a good idea, as well as increasing the size of the rinks..... they do both in international play, which is by far the superior game.

But, crap like not letting the goalie leave the crease, increasing the size of the net (decreasing goalie pads would work), playing 3 on 3 in OT, shootouts, etc; are all way overboard.

Especially since all they really need to do is call the game like they do in Europe.

Otter
06-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Just out of curiosity: let's say one wanted to play ice hockey in KC. Do any of the high schools offer the sport?

Through either spectating or playing you grew up around it out here. Hockey was my favorite sport to play by the time I got to high school.

Guys like Taco wouldn't last 2 games. That's why I love the sport.

morphius
06-24-2005, 12:02 PM
I'd rather watch sweat dripping off a ditchpig than watch hockey.
Sounds more like a personal problem.

chagrin
06-24-2005, 12:20 PM

Shootouts are for Chick Soccer and Chick Hockey!

A shame they actually have "dumb down" hockey so more yuppies will watch and then eventually cause the league to think they are really popular and then they'll expand into cities like Nashville, Atalanta, Columbus, and, uh....oh yeah, they already did that.

BTW Avalanche won 2 Cups and didn't have to pay the league to get them. How did Dallas win that title again? Something about interference...no worries though. Once Michelle Modano (her teeth are like, whiter than white) sign with another franchise you'll be left in Tejas with nothing except your Cowboys and Texans... :p

Mr. Laz
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
your pic didn't show, p.m. a copy to me, or repost please. Thanks for your efforts. :)

don't thank me yet ... ROFL ROFL

chagrin
06-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Isn't that chiefsgirl??

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Shootouts are for Chick Soccer and Chick Hockey!

A shame they actually have "dumb down" hockey so more yuppies will watch and then eventually cause the league to think they are really popular and then they'll expand into cities like Nashville, Atalanta, Columbus, and, uh....oh yeah, they already did that.

BTW Avalanche won 2 Cups and didn't have to pay the league to get them. How did Dallas win that title again? Something about interference...no worries though. Once Michelle Modano (her teeth are like, whiter than white) sign with another franchise you'll be left in Tejas with nothing except your Cowboys and Texans... :p

:rolleyes:.....oh no you didn't just diss my stars...now you sound like one of those bison bitches whining about the goal......ROFL

Mikey can go anywhere he wants....but he won't, he is ours forever. Remember one man does not make a team...unlike the avs who couldn't do anything without Peter.....ROFL

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Forgot I had this one.....

chagrin
06-24-2005, 01:34 PM
:rolleyes:.....oh no you didn't just diss my stars...now you sound like one of those bison bitches whining about the goal......ROFL

Mikey can go anywhere he wants....but he won't, he is ours forever. Remember one man does not make a team...unlike the avs who couldn't do anything without Peter.....ROFL

The Stars bought their championship plain and simple, you cannot argue about that. If you are a true fan of the game you good and well that was an illegal goal. That's a fact.

Avalanche - 2 Stanley Cups
Dallas - 1* Stanley Cup

Peter is gone now anyway, let's make a bet here and now. Colorado goes deep into the playoffs next year, with a 1st round bye, and makes it to the Finals.

Dallas doesn't make the playoffs, period.

What say you?

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 01:47 PM
The Stars bought their championship plain and simple, you cannot argue about that. If you are a true fan of the game you good and well that was an illegal goal. That's a fact.

Avalanche - 2 Stanley Cups
Dallas - 1* Stanley Cup

Peter is gone now anyway, let's make a bet here and now. Colorado goes deep into the playoffs next year, with a 1st round bye, and makes it to the Finals.

Dallas doesn't make the playoffs, period.

What say you?

Really, the ref didn't think it was illegal....sore loser.

My stars will make the playoffs, and the avs will not have a first round bye....:rolleyes: it's a bet.:harumph:

Saulbadguy
06-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Go Canucks Go!

**** the av's. I hate all Colorado teams. I just wish KC would get a team.

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Go Canucks Go!

**** the av's. I hate all Colorado teams. I just wish KC would get a team.

PBJ

Predarat
06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
I may actually get on chiefs4me's good side for once with this comment. Buffalo fans will always claim they got screwed on that and the "Music City Miricle" as well. They will wine on forever about that. Just like the Card fans and game six of the Wrold Series. Dallas would have won anyways because they were the better team. I really think they are going to resolve this soon, especially with the coaching move the Blackhawks just made. Hurry up NHL and get off your ass!!

Predarat
06-24-2005, 02:03 PM
I would laugh my ass off if KC stole the Blues! Then I would be rivals with you all in hockey! KC and the Preds would probably be in the same division, unless they re-align. In football the Chiefs are number 1 to me, Titans 1B but in the NHL I am 100% Predators!

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 02:23 PM
I may actually get on chiefs4me's good side for once with this comment. Buffalo fans will always claim they got screwed on that and the "Music City Miricle" as well. They will wine on forever about that. Just like the Card fans and game six of the Wrold Series. Dallas would have won anyways because they were the better team. I really think they are going to resolve this soon, especially with the coaching move the Blackhawks just made. Hurry up NHL and get off your ass!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.....PBJ rep coming your way.

Cochise
06-24-2005, 02:27 PM
If you are a true fan of the game you good and well that was an illegal goal. That's a fact.

No reasoning person can argue with that.

chagrin
06-24-2005, 02:44 PM

If I was a buffalo sabres fan I might agree with you, but I am not. I am actually quite objective. that goal should not have been allowed, period.

morphius
06-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Cool, another Av's fan on board.

Though I don't remember their being a bye in the NHL.

Oh, and Peter said he may come back next year and he is not thier only player, they have a few other all stars on that team during the run.