PDA

View Full Version : help me!!! Im computer Illiterate!!

Big Chief Homer
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Guys, help a moron out.

How do i post a pick from an email to a new thread.

Thanks in advance.
BCH

Mr. Laz
06-22-2005, 04:43 PM
depends...

1. if the picture in the email is just a "link" to a picture ... just copy/paste the link to the message with [img] coding around it.

2. if the picture is actually an attachment then you need to download the picture from the email to your hard drive and the upload the picture to the signature tester thread in the picture forum. Then link to the picture with the [img] coding in the new thread.

Big Chief Homer
06-22-2005, 04:47 PM
thanks Laz,I downloaded it and saved it.just wasnt sure how to get it in the thread.

Thanks Alot,BCH

Mr. Laz
06-22-2005, 05:09 PM
thanks Laz,I downloaded it and saved it.just wasnt sure how to get it in the thread.

Thanks Alot,BCH
little thing below posts that says Manage attachments

window pops up that allows you to Browse your hard drive and actually upload(add this file) the picture to chiefsplanet.

Big Chief Homer
06-22-2005, 05:34 PM
laz,once you add the pic to chiefsplanet,how do you get it to open into the post?

Seem to be having trouble getting it to show up.

thanks

Big Chief Homer
06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
AHHHH HA! there we go thanks alot Laz for all your help.

Rep headed in your direction.

Thanks Again.BCH

Mr. Laz
06-22-2005, 07:06 PM
now the next step...

attachments don't show in the first post of a thread, that's why you post it in the signature tester thread first.

now you "hotlink" to your sigtest picture in your regular thread

right click on picture > properties

in the pop up window you'll see a direct link address to picture ... like this.

[i m g]http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=43600&stc=1[/i m g] (without spacing)

now, use the direct address to show picture in first post of thread with [img]coding.