PDA

View Full Version : Video game advice

marsaray
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Can someone tell me a good free mmorpg I can try where you can do cool stuff in it?

Stinger
06-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Video game advice

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A (select) Start

:D

marsaray
06-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Wrong game my friend.

schneider221
06-22-2005, 09:13 PM
contra i believe.... how i miss that game

|Zach|
06-22-2005, 09:14 PM

:Dha

keg in kc
06-22-2005, 09:16 PM
I don't know if the words "good" "free" and "mmorpg" ever belong in the same sentence. The only thing close to that right now is probably Guild Wars, and that's only "free" in that it doesn't have monthly fees; you still have to pay up front for the game. I don't know of any you could download for free with no fee that are "good".

marsaray
06-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Link?

marsaray
06-22-2005, 09:18 PM
I have guildwars but sadly it has to much lenarity. I used to play starwarsgalaxies before the devs screwed it up with a combat upgrade.

keg in kc
06-22-2005, 09:19 PM
http://www.guildwars.com/

I played it in beta and enjoyed it, but that was six months ago. I have no idea what it's like now that it's live. I've sworn off mmos.

Douche Baggins
06-22-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't know if the words "good" "free" and "mmorpg" ever belong in the same sentence. The only thing close to that right now is probably Guild Wars, and that's only "free" in that it doesn't have monthly fees; you still have to pay up front for the game. I don't know of any you could download for free with no fee that are "good".
Not true. There are games in Beta versions which you can get to play for free, most of them asian and very high quality. I was never into that sort of thing, so I can't be of much help, but I know for a fact they exist.

keg in kc
06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
I have guildwars but sadly it has to much lenarity. I used to play starwarsgalaxies before the devs screwed it up with a combat upgrade.I played that the first eight months or so that it was out. It eventually got boring and everyone I met/knew quit. I never felt a desire to go back.

Few months ago I was heavy into world of warcraft. Not free, that one, though. Other than that, I couldn't tell you much about today's mmos. I'm the kind of person that can get addicted to them and waste ridiculous amounts of hours, and I've decided it's best not to....

keg in kc
06-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Not true. There are games in Beta versions which you can get to play for free, most of them asian and very high quality. I was never into that sort of thing, so I can't be of much help, but I know for a fact they exist.I don't consider beta versions games, even though I've tested a number of them. That's just me, I guess. I try to test, when others just play. And the wipes just suck.

Although I guess everything ends eventually. I hated getting beta wiped in WoW, but I had no problem cancelling my account in the live game. Go figure.

|Zach|
06-22-2005, 09:24 PM
http://images.webmagic.com/klov.com/screens/B/xBubble_Bobble.png

Saulbadguy
06-22-2005, 09:45 PM
http://images.webmagic.com/klov.com/screens/B/xBubble_Bobble.png
**** that game. I beat it single player and you know what the ending is? "Try beating it with a friend!" or something like that. You have to beat it with 2 players to get the "true" ending. BULLSHIT.

Saulbadguy
06-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I've been replaying Diablo 2 as of late. Its not free to buy, but its free to play.

Tribesman
06-22-2005, 10:03 PM
I've been replaying Diablo 2 as of late. Its not free to buy, but its free to play.

What character and level are you at?

Saulbadguy
06-22-2005, 10:04 PM
What character and level are you at?
I've just been messing around on single player, haven't gotten on bnet yet. I've got a level 66 Sorc, level 68 barbarian, and working on a new sorceress.

Tribesman
06-22-2005, 10:11 PM
I've just been messing around on single player, haven't gotten on bnet yet. I've got a level 66 Sorc, level 68 barbarian, and working on a new sorceress.

Yep, same here (single player). Have a level 61 & 56 Barbarian, the rest of the characters in the 30's (except for Amazon, which I don't care for). I know, I have WAY too much time on my hands.

Ever try Dungeon Siege? That's the closest I've seen to Diablo. I've tried Baulder's Gate and hated it. But DS I really dig.

keg in kc
06-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Ever try Dungeon Siege? That's the closest I've seen to Diablo. I've tried Baulder's Gate and hated it. But DS I really dig.I played Dungeon Siege recently through the desert part of the game. Stopped playing to start Morrowind over, but I'll finish it eventually. For an action game it's okay, as a role playing game, it doesn't have enough depth to keep me interested for long periods. I'm the kind of guy who played Diablo 2 when I needed a break from Baldur's Gate. I prefer BG, but sometimes it's nice to just slaughter stuff without having to think.

I've played the Dungeon Siege 2 MP beta, and it's amazing how far they've come. Good looking game, more involved storyline.

Rausch
06-22-2005, 10:23 PM

:D

The only code I've never forgotten...Nice. :)

Pitt Gorilla
06-22-2005, 10:29 PM
The only code I've never forgotten...Nice. :)
ABBA (not the band).

Saulbadguy
06-22-2005, 10:30 PM
ABBACAB. (shadowrun, I think)
ABACABB ( MK blood code?)

Tribesman
06-22-2005, 10:35 PM
I played Dungeon Siege recently through the desert part of the game. Stopped playing to start Morrowind over, but I'll finish it eventually. For an action game it's okay, as a role playing game, it doesn't have enough depth to keep me interested for long periods. I'm the kind of guy who played Diablo 2 when I needed a break from Baldur's Gate. I prefer BG, but sometimes it's nice to just slaughter stuff without having to think.

I've played the Dungeon Siege 2 MP beta, and it's amazing how far they've come. Good looking game, more involved storyline.

Yeah, looking forward to DS2 coming out sometime this summer.

schneider221
06-22-2005, 11:38 PM
nothin better then regular nintendo....contra,bubble bobble and all the marios are classic... with todays computer and video games who thought a game that uses 2 buttons an a Dpad could be so fun

Son of Logical
06-23-2005, 01:19 AM
addqd, adkfa

The god code and all weapons code for the original doom. I have never forgot those codes, damn that was so much fun when it first came out. I think I was in 7th grade. Ahh... memories.

Saulbadguy
06-23-2005, 05:20 AM
addqd, adkfa

The god code and all weapons code for the original doom. I have never forgot those codes, damn that was so much fun when it first came out. I think I was in 7th grade. Ahh... memories.
its IDDQD, IDKFA.

Ultra Peanut
06-23-2005, 06:25 AM

:DDown, Up, Left, Left, A, Right, Down

Saulbadguy
06-23-2005, 06:26 AM
ICARUS FIGHTS MEDUSAS ANGELS