PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Night on IFC - 6/23

Miles
06-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Just a heads up for those of you that might be interested. Thursday night is Living Dead night on IFC.

Dawn of the Dead
Making of Land of the Dead
Dead Alive
Night of the Living Dead

http://www.ifctv.com/ifctvflash/media/ifc_pulp_flash/dead.html

Rausch
06-23-2005, 01:42 AM
YES!

Rausch
06-23-2005, 01:49 AM
Wait...is it the original DOTD or the remake? The original was 50 times better than the remake.

Plus, Tom Savini was envolved...

Miles
06-23-2005, 01:58 AM
Wait...is it the original DOTD or the remake? The original was 50 times better than the remake.

Plus, Tom Savini was envolved...

Its the original. I though the remake was pretty decent but I agree, the original was a hell of a lot better.

Savini was in the remake with a bit part if I'm remembering correctly.

Have you seen Dead Alive? I haven't heard much about it other than the Lord of the Rings guy directed it.

siberian khatru
06-23-2005, 07:27 AM
"Dead Alive" is one whacked-out movie.

Swanman
06-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Its the original. I though the remake was pretty decent but I agree, the original was a hell of a lot better.

Savini was in the remake with a bit part if I'm remembering correctly.

Have you seen Dead Alive? I haven't heard much about it other than the Lord of the Rings guy directed it.

Dead Alive, at the time it came out, was considered the goriest film of all time, although the movie is mostly a comedy. I thought it was a really entertaining movie.

AirForceChief
06-23-2005, 08:20 AM
A similar PJ "zombie/alien" flick that's worth a peek...

Bad Taste (1987)

Directed by: Peter Jackson

Starring:

Terry Potter/Ozzy/Alien
Pete O’Herne/Barry/Alien
Craig Smith/Giles/Alien
Peter Jackson/Derk/Alien

Rating: 3 out of 4

PLOT-CRUNCH:
Shape shifting aliens have come to earth to slaughter humans and to bring the "meat" back home in order to relaunch their fast-food chain. They start "meat packing" in a small, female-less town and it’s up to a few badly dressed, "Soldier Of Fortune" fanatics to save mankind's gloomy fate. Bring out the guns, the rocket launcher and rev up the "Beatles" mobile (have to see it to believe it, funny stuff)…it’s burger time.
THE LOWDOWN:
This movie wears it’s title well. Not as over the top as "Dead Alive" but just as gross. Filmed on a shoe string budget and filled with non-actors this movie delivers bad performances, extremely disgusting scenes and a "Commando" ending that would make "Schwarzenegger" proud. The film also as it’s share of "toilet humor" (someone always trips or steps in something) and so bad it’s good visual effects. All is in good fun and Jackson delivers a side splitting, puke inducing, cartoonish horror film. Get your barf bags and follow the blood trail…
ACTING:
Peter Jackson gives a tour de force, dual performance as Robert and Derek. The latter looking like "Rick Moranis" on speed. Personally the character of Derek annoyed the crap out of me most of the time but he did have his funny moments. Doug Wren (Alien Leader) plays the leader like a Ronald McDonald from hell (or space) and we enjoy every second of it. The rest of the actor’s all suck…but we love 'em anyways….
GORE:
Loads of it…a few examples: a guy gets a hole in his head and brains keep slipping out. So for the duration of the film he keeps on losing and restuffing his gray matter. The opening sequence gross out has this guy get his head blown in half and spray all over the place but the worst for me was when the aliens drink the vomit…I almost hurled all over myself. You like gore? Happy Birthday…this one’s for you.
T & A:
No females in this movie but we do get to see lots of alien ass…(flabby and kinda sexy)!
DIRECTING:
Mainly point and shoot except for a few neato camera tricks.
SOUNDTRACK:
Some bad hard rock and some synthesizer…forgettable…
BOTTOM LINE:
This movie is not about art, it’s about grossing you out, making you laugh and having a good time. The gore is the main attraction and the humor a close second. My favorite scene involves a sheep and a rocket launcher…that says a lot about the movie (or me for that matter). If you sometime like your steak extremely bloody (I know I do) do yourself a favor and rent this putrid gem…trust me you won't regret it…
BULL'S EYE:
The movie was shot on 16mm and then blown up to 35mm for limited theatrical release.

The movie cost 400 000$ to make.

Nzoner
06-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the head's up,been wanting to get DOTD on DVD.

AZORChiefFan
06-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Cool. I saw Land of the Dead Tuesday nite. It has alot of action, laughs and gore and a couple nay a plethora of statements political and other wise.

Miles
06-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Just watched Dead Alive. Quite messed up but very entertaining. There were some hilarious classic scenes in this one.

"Story goes, these great big rats come scuttling off the slave ships and raped all the little tree monkeys"

Rausch
06-30-2005, 10:59 PM
****! ****! ****! I missed it!