PDA

View Full Version : Hakim Explains Chiefs Snub.

CASHMAN
06-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Saints: Hakim explains Chiefs snub

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, June 23, 2005

News
The newest member of the Saints explained on Wednesday why he decided to sign with the team despite making a verbal agreement to join the Chiefs. "I just had a gut feeling that I wanted to be in New Orleans, so I pretty much re-chose," Az-Zahir Hakim told the New Orleans Times-Picayune. "(Chiefs' head coach) Dick Vermeil understood what the deal was, and he let me go. It was a decision I had to make." Hakim caught 117 passes for 1,523 yards and 10 touchdowns during his three-year run with the Lions.

Views
Hakim will compete for the No. 3 spot on the Saints depth chart during training camp. Given that his strongest competition is expected to be second-year player Devery Henderson, who didn't catch a pass last season, we expect Hakim to win the job.

Chiefnj
06-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Yesterday ESPN was reporting that the league didn't approve the contract.

ptlyon
06-23-2005, 12:28 PM
"I just had a gut feeling that I wanted to be in New Orleans, so I pretty much re-chose,"

Um. Yeah.

Anyong Bluth
06-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Translation:

Felt I would get cut.

BIG_DADDY
06-23-2005, 12:39 PM
**** Hakim, hope he breaks a leg.

ptlyon
06-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Translation:

Felt I would get cut.

ROFL

"Coach - it is awesome to be here and thanks for the opportun... Holy Crap... Did you see that #6 guy make that catch?"

[Turning to the media]

"It feels great to be back with Coach Vermeil. All I can say is that I am happy to be a... Holy Crap... Did you see that catch #85 made?"

"I'm outta here."

BigChiefFan
06-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Hakim signing with the Saints tells me, that our depth is pretty good. All of the WRs looked good the other day. Thorpe was a stud. Smith played well and Parker looked liked he was ready to step up.

RedThat
06-23-2005, 12:43 PM
F*ck Az Hakim :cuss:

RedThat
06-23-2005, 12:45 PM
**** Hakim, hope he breaks a leg.

Bastard made us go after Mitchell :cuss:

htismaqe
06-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Vermeil said yesterday on the radio that Hakim told him he was ready to sign and then they went out to practice. Hakim watched the other WR's for a bit and then told Vermeil he was ready to go to New Orleans.

I think he was worried he wouldn't make the team.

alpha_omega
06-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Yep!

nascher
06-23-2005, 12:55 PM
The only reason why Hakim signed with NO is money nothing else !!!

CASHMAN
06-23-2005, 12:58 PM
The only reason why Hakim signed with NO is money nothing else !!!

And he wouldnt have to try out to make the team :shake: , i say goodbye and lets hope that FRED-EX is all he says he is.

CASHMAN.

MichaelH
06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Vermeil said yesterday on the radio that Hakim told him he was ready to sign and then they went out to practice. Hakim watched the other WR's for a bit and then told Vermeil he was ready to go to New Orleans.

I think he was worried he wouldn't make the team.

It sounds like we're set at WR for once barring no injuries. And Mitchell has the same hurdles to jump to make the team that Hakim did. For once I feel good about the offseason.

jspchief
06-23-2005, 01:02 PM
**** Hakim, hope he breaks a leg.That's pretty much how I feel. F*ck him. He's not a Chief, so I could give a sh*t if they take him off the field in a body bag.

Pants
06-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Wow. Our WRs must be pretty good.

TEX
06-23-2005, 01:14 PM
It sounds like we're set at WR for once barring no injuries. And Mitchell has the same hurdles to jump to make the team that Hakim did. For once I feel good about the offseason.

I do too, but then I think of our interior D-line (Sims) and our MLB and our starting CB opposite Surtain for the first 4 weeks of the season, and I don't feel so well.

TEX
06-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Hakim signing with the Saints tells me, that our depth is pretty good. All of the WRs looked good the other day. Thorpe was a stud. Smith played well and Parker looked liked he was ready to step up.

Or that Hakim got more money from the Saints. :hmmm:

ct
06-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Well, now that explains it alright!

:rolleyes:

jspchief
06-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Wow. Our WRs must be pretty good.They had the same effect on me. After watching them practice on Saturday, I turned around and drove back to Iowa. I can relate with Az, I don't think I'd have made the team either.

htismaqe
06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
I do too, but then I think of our interior D-line (Sims) and our MLB and our starting CB opposite Surtain for the first 4 weeks of the season, and I don't feel so well.

Wow. Some people will never be satisfied.

jynni
06-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Wasn't there an article somewhere that said Az only got $50K more from the Saints?

I mean that's more than I make in a year but not a ton in the NFL.

mikey23545

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Mr. Laz
:hmmm:

lemme get this straight, Hakim would rather compete for playing time against:

joe horn, donte stallworth,devery johnson and michael lewis,nate poole

instead of

Eddie Kennison,Dante Hall,Chris Horn,Samie Parker,M. Boerigter,jeris mcintyre,john booth,richard smith.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Wow. Some people will never be satisfied.
> bad ≠ good

beer bacon
06-23-2005, 01:59 PM
> bad ≠ good

Along the same lines: < perfect =! bad

Chiefnj
06-23-2005, 02:01 PM
:hmmm:

lemme get this straight, Hakim would rather compete for playing time against:

joe horn, donte stallworth,devery johnson and michael lewis,nate poole

instead of

Eddie Kennison,Dante Hall,Chris Horn,Samie Parker,M. Boerigter,jeris mcintyre,john booth,richard smith.

Hey, if after watching one practice Hakim thought he had a better chance making the top 3 in NO, then I feel a lot better about KC's young WRs.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey, if after watching one practice Hakim thought he had a better chance making the top 3 in NO, then I feel a lot better about KC's young WRs.
you right, it does

if he did

TRR
06-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Saints: Hakim explains Chiefs snub

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, June 23, 2005

News
The newest member of the Saints explained on Wednesday why he decided to sign with the team despite making a verbal agreement to join the Chiefs. "I just had a gut feeling that I wanted to be in New Orleans, so I pretty much re-chose," Az-Zahir Hakim told the New Orleans Times-Picayune. "(Chiefs' head coach) Dick Vermeil understood what the deal was, and he let me go. It was a decision I had to make." Hakim caught 117 passes for 1,523 yards and 10 touchdowns during his three-year run with the Lions.

Views
Hakim will compete for the No. 3 spot on the Saints depth chart during training camp. Given that his strongest competition is expected to be second-year player Devery Henderson, who didn't catch a pass last season, we expect Hakim to win the job.

Or you were offered more money, and were more impressed by the WR depth that KC has, and ran scared like a little b*tch. Either or...

StcChief
06-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Hakim doesn't like the competition I guess.

NO doesn't have anyone.

He should feel at home again in a Dome.

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Translation: The Saints offered me more $$$$$

Its always about the $$$$$$

When a player says "Its not about the $$$$$" Its about the $$$$$$$$

Wile_E_Coyote
06-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Hakim $710,000
Fredex$540,000
---------------