PDA

View Full Version : The "Official" Pistons Vs. Spurs Game 7 thread

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Ok, here it is guys, because you demanded it! I know your all "closet" NBA fans. Prove it! Go Spurs Go!!!

4th and Long
06-23-2005, 05:12 PM
:fire: :evil: :fire:
http://img282.echo.cx/img282/8211/det4443eo.gif

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 07:36 PM
about 3 more hours until the Spurs have the title!!

Chiefs Pantalones
06-23-2005, 07:46 PM
The Spurs will win if Duncan plays more aggressive than usual. I like him, but he is soft, you have to admit that. He is good, but would be dominant if he got a mean streak.

SNR
06-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Don't **** up, Spurs

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 07:52 PM
The Spurs will win if Duncan plays more aggressive than usual. I like him, but he is soft, you have to admit that. He is good, but would be dominant if he got a mean streak.

Hmmmm....that sort of logic makes no sense. Hes won 2 titles, 2 MVP's. If hes soft and won 2 titles, what does that say about the rest of the league?? The whole league is soft??? I do agree that he hasnt played up to par so far. Lets hope tonight he changes that.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-23-2005, 07:55 PM
The whole league is soft???

yep

But I do think that the two best teams out of all the playoffs are in the finals rightfully playing for the title, for whatever it's worth. I hope they win.

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Spurs baby spurs........PBJ

Skip Towne
06-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Spurs baby spurs........PBJ
Why would a team use a piece of cowboy hardware for a mascot? :shrug:

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 08:13 PM

ROFL....now sit down and behave old man.;)

Skip Towne
06-23-2005, 08:19 PM
ROFL....now sit down and behave old man.;)
Seriously, I could do much better. San Antonio Shitheads.....San Antonio Scrotum. The list is endless.

milkman
06-23-2005, 08:40 PM

That name/mascot is better than the New York Knickerbockers.

Aren't knickerbockers those short girlie trousers that kids wore when you were a little boy?

Rain Man
06-23-2005, 10:06 PM

They should have been the San Antonio Chaps. It's western, but it also sounds British.

In an uninteresting bit of trivia, Chauncey Billups is from a neihborhood not far from where I live. He went to the nearby high school when I first moved to Denver, and he was an acknowledged phenom.

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Great game so far. But Stern needs to go down and have a talk with the refs. They are calling every little ticky tack foul its ridiculous. Its game 7, let the players play.

Skip Towne
06-23-2005, 10:17 PM
They should have been the San Antonio Chaps. It's western, but it also sounds British.

In an uninteresting bit of trivia, Chauncey Billups is from a neihborhood not far from where I live. He went to the nearby high school when I first moved to Denver, and he was an acknowledged phenom.
I remember him, he played for Colorado. And KU kicked their ass anyhow, phenom or no phenom.

Skip Towne
06-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey, that one team has a WHITE GUY. Is that legal?

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey, that one team has a WHITE GUY. Is that legal?

Yea, Manu is one of the best players in the NBA. White Men Can JUMP!

Skip Towne
06-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Never heard of him.

Miles
06-23-2005, 10:28 PM
White Men Can JUMP!

Brent Berry used to have some springs.

As a Rockets fan I kinda hate pulling for the Spurs, but I'll still go with TX for this game.

Bowen just hit a one as im typing this. Hell yeah.

DJay23
06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Game 7 or no, the NBA is still College Basketball's Little Sister.

Taco John
06-23-2005, 10:42 PM
http://207.235.26.25/tmccoy/obiwan-2.jpg

Taco John
06-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Game 7 or no, the NBA is still College Basketball's Little Sister.

Maybe if there was any talent there, you'd have a point. Now that the collective bargaining agreement is signed and an age limit is set, NCAA might get to be worth watching again...

Miles
06-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Big shot bob drawing the offensive foul from Hamilton. That was big.

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 10:44 PM
oh my god..did you see him shoot? His game is on tonight...PBJ

oh yea.....go spurs...PBJ

Skip Towne
06-23-2005, 10:47 PM
This crap is extremely boring. I'd rather watch flies f*ck.

Miles
06-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Damn wallace keeping it close. Thought they were done after the manu layup.

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 10:52 PM
I am so happy........he is hot tonight....

YEA SPURS, it's ours......PBJ:toast:PBJ.....ROFL

Miles
06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
SPURS BALL!

DJay23
06-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Maybe if there was any talent there, you'd have a point. Now that the collective bargaining agreement is signed and an age limit is set, NCAA might get to be worth watching again...

The NBA stopped being relavent after Jordan ended the '98 finals versus Utah.

You have a point about the talent jumping to the NBA, but IMO it has made college hoops better. You don't have the powerhouse teams anymore (the last POWERHOUSE in my opinion was the Duke '01 team of Battier, Williams, Duhon, Dunleavy, et. al) but you do get collections of very good players. Teams are closer in terms of talent and you get exciting matchups between big time programs and lesser teams.

Guys have to work harder to win in today's college basketball. To me that means more exciting basketball because the game relies even more on coaching and execution and DEFENSE.

The NBA is all about money, and living a lifestyle. I say, if a kid doesn't want to go to college, and wants to risk sitting on the end of a bench for the productive years of his career (because that invariably is where a large marjority of these young kids end up) and make millions of dollars doing it, go right ahead. I'll take my Kirk Hinrichs, and Nick Collisons, and Jacque Vaughns and enjoy exciting basketball played by young men who really care about their schools, their educations, and the game.

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 10:57 PM
yes...yes.....yes...PBJ

ok....I'm done.........:p

Miles
06-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Great defensive play from Manu. This shit is over. Spurs Win!

chiefs4me
06-23-2005, 11:05 PM
:D

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 11:07 PM
SPURS!!!!! YES!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
06-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Congrats to the Spurs. Big ups to Duncan, he kinda dilly-dallied around for half the game but finally found his game. Manu, Bowen, Berry, Horry...all stepped up. Good job.

Now as far as the NBA being the little sister to college ball, I disagree. I think the NBA isn't what it once was, but I still lovei t, and is still far better than college ball. In the NBA you get to see the pros that have proven they have more than potential, but that they are good. In college, the talent overall is mediocre at best. Because not all those kids are that good and never will be.

I love the NBA the same reason I do the NFL...because it's PROFESSIONAL sports; athletes and coaching at its best. I watch college ball, but don't enjoy it as much and don't get me wrong, I do appreciate it because it farms quite a bit of talent for the pros, but it's not and never will be close to pro ball.

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Congrats to the Spurs. Big ups to Duncan, he kinda dilly-dallied around for half the game but finally found his game. Manu, Bowen, Berry, Horry...all stepped up. Good job.

Now as far as the NBA being the little sister to college ball, I disagree. I think the NBA isn't what it once was, but I still lovei t, and is still far better than college ball. In the NBA you get to see the pros that have proven they have more than potential, but that they are good. In college, the talent overall is mediocre at best. Because not all those kids are that good and never will be.

I love the NBA the same reason I do the NFL...because it's PROFESSIONAL sports; athletes and coaching at its best. I watch college ball, but don't enjoy it as much and don't get me wrong, I do appreciate it because it farms quite a bit of talent for the pros, but it's not and never will be close to pro ball.

What he said. I like college sports as well, but not as much as the Pros. Nothing beats watching superior athletes at the top of their sport.

Miles
06-23-2005, 11:32 PM

Great points. I couldnt agree more. Its just not the same level of talent even if they do get paid for it. With the NBA is just an entirely different level of talent and athleticism.

tk13
06-23-2005, 11:38 PM
What he said. I like college sports as well, but not as much as the Pros. Nothing beats watching superior athletes at the top of their sport.
Considering we finished 3rd and 6th in the last two world competitions, I think you'd get a lot of argument as to whether this was the "top" of their sport...

chagrin
06-24-2005, 07:24 AM

not a white guy

chagrin
06-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Give it up for the Spurs, but they couldn't have done it without the Refs. They should have given the head ref dude the trophy to kiss as well.

The first half "foul" calling was obsurd. It looked more than a little suspisciously like they had a plan to get Sheed, Chauncey and Big Ben out of the game early. 4 fouls on one of those guys by the end of the 2nd period??? Bullshit. That simply doesn't happen in the NBA playoffs. What a load of garbage....HOWever:

Duncan was lethargic and awkward, and played soft. Manu made many awesome plays though, he is solid! When the Spurs are clicking on all cylinders, they are perhaps the scariest team in the league.

I know I'm whining, but even Spurs fans have to give it up for the Pistons. They played over half of that game with their bench, and still almost beat S.A.

Can't wait for the rematch next year!

DJay23
06-24-2005, 10:00 AM

I consider myself a lover of the game of basketball. I'm more entertained by fundamental, tactical, and impassioned basketball than by guys who try to dunk on someone every time down the floor, but can't make a free throw to save his life. I'd rather see a college star work his ass off to score 25 points and grab 15 rebounds than to watch some overhyped super athlete throw down 20 dunks, miss half of his free throws and have it mean nothing because he was playing the Atlanta Hawks. That's another thing, college games mean more since there are fewer of them. Yes the talent in college is less, that's obvious since you are talking about amateurs versus professionals. But to me the purity of the basketball is better in college BECAUSE of the lesser talent. Players must rely more on coaching, fundamentals, and the tactics, the science of the game. Most NBA players today seem to be concerned with throwing it down and looking pretty than executing a proper screen and roll or heaven forbid actually playing some form of defense. There are exceptions of course, and I think of all the teams in the NBA the Spurs and Pistons are the most like college teams. I will admit a strong bias toward the college game having grown up a stones throw from, and having attending one of the most tradition rich basketball schools in Lawrence, Kansas.

Your points are taken, but from my point of view, college ball is a more pure form of the sport. Not as many prima donnas who think they have to score every time down the floor (Tracy McGrady comes to mind). These guys are just too good for their own good and it becomes boring to me. There is no craft, teamwork, heart. Like I said, good NBA basketball died when the greatest player of all time hung up his shoes (for the second time).

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Give it up for the Spurs, but they couldn't have done it without the Refs. They should have given the head ref dude the trophy to kiss as well.

The first half "foul" calling was obsurd. It looked more than a little suspisciously like they had a plan to get Sheed, Chauncey and Big Ben out of the game early. 4 fouls on one of those guys by the end of the 2nd period??? Bullshit. That simply doesn't happen in the NBA playoffs. What a load of garbage....HOWever:

Duncan was lethargic and awkward, and played soft. Manu made many awesome plays though, he is solid! When the Spurs are clicking on all cylinders, they are perhaps the scariest team in the league.

I know I'm whining, but even Spurs fans have to give it up for the Pistons. They played over half of that game with their bench, and still almost beat S.A.

Can't wait for the rematch next year!

:deevee:........ROFL..........I told you it was the spurs...

SPURS BABY SPURS

vailpass
06-24-2005, 11:05 AM
A thread on game 7 of the NBA Fianls can't generate 4 pages. Man how low has the NBA fallen? That was some of the crappiest "championship" hoops I have ever seen last night. I tried to sit through the whole game but couldn't make it past the second quarter.
If you have never seen REAL championship series i.e Bird vs. Thomas, Magic vs. Bird, Celtics Pistons, Bulls-Pistons, etc. then you may think the current version of NBA is real pro ball.
Think again.
No teamwork, no offensive flow, no beauty and synergy as the game is played the way it was meant to be played. Instead a bunch of ghetto boys who only know the isolation game. The NBA is about one step removed form the "AND-1" league.

KC Dan
06-24-2005, 11:44 AM
A thread on game 7 of the NBA Fianls can't generate 4 pages. Man how low has the NBA fallen? That was some of the crappiest "championship" hoops I have ever seen last night. I tried to sit through the whole game but couldn't make it past the second quarter.
If you have never seen REAL championship series i.e Bird vs. Thomas, Magic vs. Bird, Celtics Pistons, Bulls-Pistons, etc. then you may think the current version of NBA is real pro ball.
Think again.
No teamwork, no offensive flow, no beauty and synergy as the game is played the way it was meant to be played. Instead a bunch of ghetto boys who only know the isolation game. The NBA is about one step removed form the "AND-1" league.
I can't believe that i am agreeing with you but that was lame, lame, lame... I could barely watch the last 4 minutes. All the NBA has become is the single man isolation game. That is thanks to Michael Jordan and the Bulls. They started this trend of play and with players that are hardly #23 it is boring!!! Give me the Celtics vs. Lakers of the 80's anytime. That was basketball this is street ball nonsense. And, I am a huge basketball fan so it hurts me to say. I think that I watched a combination of snipets all year that amounted to maybe one full game. The NBA is on its way out. Long Live the NFL!!!

DJay23
06-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Think again.
My point exactly

carlos3652
06-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Think again.

I agree... but you also have to remember this is a Football forum... I am sure if you put a World Cup Final game that does not have the US in - it would have the same effect - only true fans would post (like only true/ticket holder chief fans will post during the season)... I can care less about the Spurs and the Pistons... I like the spurs because of Manu - I am from Argentina and played basketball in the same tournament he did... They called him "Narigon" - (Big Nose) back then....

vailpass
06-24-2005, 01:22 PM
I like the spurs because of Manu - I am from Argentina and played basketball in the same tournament he did... They called him "Narigon" - (Big Nose) back then....

Manu, like players from other nations that are now emerging as major hoops powers, plays b-ball the way we invented it to be played. I enjoy his style of slash-and-pass with intense defense to spark it and a lethal jumper to open things up, all within the framework of a team offense. That's hoops at it's finest, IMHO.
I'm no ready to bow down to the Euros as the new b-ball kings but IMHO if the US doesn't get off her ass and get back to the basics we will continue to get whipped at our own game.
That must have been a pretty high-level league you played in if Ginobli ws in your tournament. Henceforth I will refer to him as Narigon and laugh my ass off every time I do so.

carlos3652
06-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm no ready to bow down to the Euros as the new b-ball kings but IMHO if the US doesn't get off her ass and get back to the basics we will continue to get whipped at our own game.

Argentina is in South America - and their are few Euro teams that beat us...

That must have been a pretty high-level league you played in if Ginobli ws in your tournament. Henceforth I will refer to him as Narigon and laugh my ass off every time I do so.

It was a High School "State" Tourney that is held every year and only the best team from each region qualify... I used to be really good at basketball before I changed to soccer...

vailpass
06-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Argentina is in South America - and their are few Euro teams that beat us...

It was a High School "State" Tourney that is held every year and only the best team from each region qualify... I used to be really good at basketball before I changed to soccer...

Argentina is in South America? Really? :rolleyes: While it's true most of us Americans don't give a shit what happens outside of our borders we aren't all totally geographically retarded. :)
I have always enjoyed watching Argentina during international hoops competition. Carlos Delfino is a hell of a baller. Who was the guy you used to have back in the 70's: Oscar?
What is this "soccer" thing you mention?