PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed how many former former coach/assistants call up Vermeil to........

Ninjaman
06-23-2005, 07:30 PM
..to promote their former players .

Like Ryan Sims being sold to Vermel by his friend at UNC.

And now this RB free agent who has ties to Saunders.

I am getting sick of it. This stupid old boys network will only bring shitty players into the organization.

How can you say no to old drinking buddies ?

C-Mac
06-23-2005, 07:37 PM
I dont know, I think they have consistantly fielded a quality team despite the good ol' boys.

chief52
06-23-2005, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Ninjaman

I am getting sick of it. This stupid old boys network will only bring shitty players into the organization.

How can you say no to old drinking buddies ?[/QUOTE]

I can not remember reading a stupider football post in quite some time. What a dumb totally uniformed post.

Ninjaman
06-23-2005, 07:47 PM
:LOL: Ryan Sims retarded family member.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-23-2005, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=Ninjaman

I can not remember reading a stupider football post in quite some time. What a dumb totally uniformed post.[/QUOTE]

Don't **** with ninjas.

SNR
06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I guess Derrick Johnson will have to be a bust now

KCChiefsFan88
06-23-2005, 08:41 PM
..to promote their former players .

Like Ryan Sims being sold to Vermel by his friend at UNC.

And now this RB free agent who has ties to Saunders.

I think all coaches do this to a degree.

Katipan
06-23-2005, 08:50 PM
i wonder if they have a special handshake

CoMoChief
06-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I guess Derrick Johnson will have to be a bust now

Well he does have Greg Robinson ties. j/k though... He's the real deal.

milkman
06-23-2005, 08:59 PM

I doubt it.
When you're getting senile, like Dick is, those kind of things are hard to remember.

CoMoChief
06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
I have to admit though, DV and CP do suck off of the Pac-10/west coast schools like nobody's business.

Manila-Chief
06-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Well he does have Greg Robinson ties. j/k though... He's the real deal.

But, he only had one year to corrupt DJ.... DJ is just too good for that!!! ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
06-24-2005, 12:29 AM

Who told you about the handshake?

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 08:28 AM
I doubt it.
When you're getting senile, like Dick is, those kind of things are hard to remember.

ROFL

jspchief
06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
One of the Chiefs front office personnel guys openly admitted they rely heavily on contacts with player's coches, etc. He said they don't send out as many scouts as other teams in the NFL. Instead, they rely on word of mouth from the people around that player. He basically admitted they don't work as hard at it as other teams, although I think he thought the way they do it was somehow better.

I was suprised when those statements didn't get more play here on the Planet. They pissed me off.

nmt1
06-24-2005, 09:01 AM
I wish they'd stop listening to those morons who know nothing about football and start listening to the Chiefsplanet.

chief52
06-24-2005, 09:12 AM
I wish they'd stop listening to those morons who know nothing about football and start listening to the Chiefsplanet.

Exactly. ROFL Our damn coaching staff is listening to professionals who have dedicated their lives to football and its players. Men who know more about the player than anyone else. What are they thinking? :banghead:

Brock
06-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Nearly everybody thought Ryan Sims would be a good pick. As for picking up a third or fourth running back, who cares? It can't be anything but a plus.

TyWebb
06-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah Vermiel is a real idiot...He never should of listened to the people that had him look at Priest Holmes. Boy was that dumb!

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Exactly. ROFL Our damn coaching staff is listening to professionals who have dedicated their lives to football and its players. Men who know more about the player than anyone else. What are they thinking? :banghead:
Why would they do it that way when they have Chiefsplanet at their disposal? Chiefsplanet has geniouses dammit!!

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Nearly everybody thought Ryan Sims would be a good pick. As for picking up a third or fourth running back, who cares? It can't be anything but a plus.

And by "everybody" he means NFL teams other than the Chiefs. Ryan Sims was a concensus top 10 pick that year. Unfortunately, we were the ones that get to suffer being wrong about him.

ptlyon
06-24-2005, 10:58 AM
And by "everybody" he means NFL teams other than the Chiefs. Ryan Sims was a concensus top 10 pick that year. Unfortunately, we were the ones that get to suffer being wrong about him.

Ain't it always the way