PDA

View Full Version : The only 5 films to make you cry ?

oaklandhater
06-23-2005, 10:10 PM
1) The Elephant Man
The story of John Merrick. David Lynch did this after "Eraserhead". Normally his stuff is pretty weird, but this movie is designed to resemble those movies from the silver age in cinema and is fairly above board. Anne Bancroft also stars in "The Pumpkin Eater", which I haven't seen yet but am I trying to. It's got to be sad.

2)One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

3)Old yeller every one should cry at this movie at least once

4) Schindler's List

5) My Girl only becuase i lost my best friend when i was young to a Car accident

KCChiefsMan
06-23-2005, 10:26 PM
The end of Gladiator makes me cry pretty hard

oaklandhater
06-23-2005, 10:33 PM
The end of Gladiator makes me cry pretty hard

wasnt the ending of Gladiator happy because he fineally gets to go see his family and got his revenge?

Miles
06-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Last movie that i remember crying while watching was Schindler's List when I saw it in the theaters. Easily the most depressing movie I have seen.

Some of the other depressing flicks:

Autumn Sonata
The Elephant Man (good call)
The Pianist
Ikiru

Jenson had kind of a similar thread a few weeks ago.

SCTrojan
06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
The only one that really comes to mind is Field of Dreams during the final scene when Kevin Costner finally plays catch with his dad.

KCChiefsMan
06-23-2005, 10:54 PM
wasnt the ending of Gladiator happy because he fineally gets to go see his family and got his revenge?

well it makes me cry because that is what I hope happens to me when I die, getting to see my Dad again

Jenson71
06-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Ikiru

I bought the Criterion of this from BN's 3 for 2 deal along with La Strada and The Leopard. Ikiru is definitely one of the hmm, I'd say easily top 10 best movies I've ever seen.

oaklandhater
06-23-2005, 10:58 PM
speaking of Ikiru ive allways wondered how come no one has done a remake of this movie?

Jenson71
06-23-2005, 11:02 PM
speaking of Ikiru ive allways wondered how come no one has done a remake of this movie?

Good question

http://www.killermovies.com/i/ikiru/articles/4409.html

oaklandhater
06-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Tom Hanks is expected to take the lead role as his next project.

Well that just ruined the remake for me

Miles
06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
I bought the Criterion of this from BN's 3 for 2 deal along with La Strada and The Leopard. Ikiru is definitely one of the hmm, I'd say easily top 10 best movies I've ever seen.

Yep id put Ikiru in my to 10 as well. Very sad, but at the same time optimistic about the improvement in certain traits in people. Im a big Kurosawa fan and I think this might be his best.

I finally saw Le Samourai a few nights ago. My expectations were pretty high for it and it was still damn good. Melville is quickly movie up my short list of favorite directors.

Demonpenz
06-24-2005, 12:15 AM
i last cried on the last play of friday night lights when the qb just goes "last play i love you all I love you all you guys"

BigMeatballDave
06-24-2005, 12:58 AM
Forrest Gump.
It choked me up twice. Once, when he is speaking at the Washington Monument and see's Jenny. Not sure why that scene, but it always does. Then, of course, at the end when Jenny dies, and he's talking to her...

BigMeatballDave
06-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Tears of the Sun
Saving Private Ryan

luv
06-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Hope Floats (when Bernice tries to get in the car with her dad and cries after him as he drives away)

Armageddon (when Bruce Willis is talking to his daughter for the last time)

The Patriot (when they burn down the church with all the townspeople inside)

Pearl Harbor (when Josh gets shot and Ben tells him he has to stay alive because he's going to be a father, and Josh says to him, "No, you are." Then he dies)

Hardball (when the boys are dropped off after winning the game that's gonna take them to "the ship", and G-Baby gets killed in the cross fire of a drive-by at their complex)

ENDelt260
06-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Saving Private Ryan

That's the one that immediately came to mind for me. The scene in the cemetary at the end. You gotta be made of stone not to get choked up.

Taco John
06-24-2005, 04:21 AM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000560Y0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Poor Alyssa! :(

ExtremeChief
06-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Field of Dreams
Armageddon
Independence Day (when the pres is giving the speech at the base before all of the fighters take off)

I'm sure there are others, I'm kinda sappy

MichaelH
06-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Four Weddings and a Funeral always gets me misty when Gareth has a heart attack and dies at the wedding in Scotland. It may be sappy, but my sister was killed in an accident around the same time I saw that movie.

Saulbadguy
06-24-2005, 05:19 AM
Terminator 2, Star Wars Episode III, We Were Soldiers

Mike in SW-MO
06-24-2005, 05:40 AM
Recent. Saving Private Ryan

All-time tear-jerker.
Jungle Book

brorth
06-24-2005, 06:15 AM
I can't remember crying at a movie, but I was driving the other day with my 8 and 3 year old boys when Harry Chapin's Cat's in the Cradle came on. Damn allergies got to me for some reason, at least that's what my 8 year old knows....

Kerberos
06-24-2005, 06:19 AM
well it makes me cry because that is what I hope happens to me when I die, getting to see my Dad again

That's the one that immediately came to mind for me. The scene in the cemetary at the end. You gotta be made of stone not to get choked up.

The only one that really comes to mind is Field of Dreams during the final scene when Kevin Costner finally plays catch with his dad.

You guys are getting me all welled up just thinking about it!

DAMN YOU ALL.. :cuss: :banghead:

mcan
06-24-2005, 06:37 AM
Schindler's List:
-Oscar is stripping off his medal and thinking, "That's one more I could have saved." Perhaps the most touching moment in cinema history.

Forest Gump:
-Forest meets his son for the first time and asks, "is he smart or is he like..." Tom Hanks' steller innocence culminates in this addmittance to being slow. It's incredible and gets right to me.

Godfather III:
-Micheal Corleone gives confession, and finally lets go of the guilt he feels for having his brother killed. Parts I and II are better movies, but this is probably the most moving moment in the whole trilogy.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring:
-Sam dives into the river and almost drowns to keep his promise to Frodo. The moment captures a true and pure moment of friendship and it's hard not to get sucked into it.

(television) Quantum Leap: episode "MIA":
-Al convinces a skeptical Sam that his job is to ensure that a woman (Beth) does not get remarried, because her husband is actually alive in captivity in Vietnam. Sam realizes that Beth is actually Al's first wife and that Al is trying to change his own past. After Sam completes his actual mission (to save the life of an undercover cop) Sam doesn't leap. Al is given a chance to say goodbye to Beth, but he is just a hologram and Beth can't see or hear him. He tells a joke, and she chuckles. You can see how badly Al is hurting as they both dance to Ray Charles' "Georgia on my Mind."

-(note) In the last episode of Quantum Leap, "Mirror Image," Sam leaps back to that night that Beth and Al shared their dance. He just tells Beth flat out, "You don't know me, but I know your husband Al, and he's alive, and he's trying to get back to you. All you have to do is wait."

siberian khatru
06-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Oh, hell, lots of 'em.

* Bang the Drum Slowly
* It's a Wonderful Life (tears of happiness at the end)
* My Dog Skip
* The Way We Were (the very end), total guilty pleasure that threatens revocation of my manhood
* Field of Dreams, the end where father and son play catch

So many more I could mention ... I'm a softie.

EDIT: I see SCTrojan has the same reaction to FoD. :thumb:

ZepSinger
06-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Here's mine, in no particular order:

1. Schindler's List- at the end where he realizes that his remaining material possessions could've bought more life and breaks down as a result... yikes. Here comes the waterworks.

2. The Color Purple- also at the end where Celie's sister and children drive up after having not seen her for 30 years. I realize this one might make me a girl.

3. The Passion of the Christ- when Mary is running up to Jesus and flashing back to when he fell as a child- this one gets to me worse than any of them

4. Field of Dreams- playing catch with your dead father. Where's the tissue?

5. Platoon- at the very end when Charlie Sheen is taking off in the helicopter(with Samuel Barber's 'Adagio for Strings' playing in the background)- he looks down and realizes the tragedy he's experienced. Man, this gets to me...

Z

MOhillbilly
06-24-2005, 07:13 AM
HOW MANY MORE OF THESE SAME GOD DAMN THREADS ARE WE GONNA HAVE?
USE THE ****ING SEARCH FUNCTION ****TARDS!!!!!!

Kerberos
06-24-2005, 07:21 AM

I am sensing some hostility here ...

Do you need a HUG ?

Lzen
06-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Hardball (when the boys are dropped off after winning the game that's gonna take them to "the ship", and G-Baby gets killed in the cross fire of a drive-by at their complex)

Yep.

Also, I just saw Pay It Forward. Talk about a depressing ending.

Donger
06-24-2005, 07:30 AM
Saving Ryan's Privates
Glory
Forrest Gump, when he asks if his kid as stoopid.

jynni
06-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Titanic
The Lion King
The Green Mile
Homeward Bound

donkhater
06-24-2005, 07:47 AM
My top 5:
Signs--I know the alien part didn't cut it for a lot of people, but the man struggling with his faith and the death of his wife really hit hard.

My Life--A Micheal Keaton/Nicole Kidman movie. Keaton is diagnosed with cancer and has unresolved issues with who he has become and with his father in particular. Plus his son is born just before he dies.

Saving Private Ryan--Humbling to think what those men did for our freedoms today.

The Deep End of the Ocean--Michelle Pfiefer has two sons. One is kidnapped as a boy. The other one grows up getting into trouble all the time. 10-12 years later they learn he is alive and well and in the same town even. Eventually you learn that the older brother thought it was his fault his brother was kidnapped and that was the reason he was messed up.

Dead Man Walking--I have never been as exhausted from watching a movie as this one. If you don't cry at the end, even for this bastard of a man--you don't have a ticker.

Pennywise
06-24-2005, 07:56 AM
The Patriot (when they burn down the church with all the townspeople inside)

That, and when the little girl says she hates her dad are the two best parts in the movie.

Iowanian
06-24-2005, 07:58 AM
I think I did at ET when I was a kid. That is it.

Never at a movie since then..........rarely at a funeral.

WilliamTheIrish
06-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Million Dollar Baby. - just killed me.

Saving Private Ryan.

It's A Wonderful Life.

Field Of Dreams- Something about playing catch with my Dad...

alpha_omega
06-24-2005, 08:15 AM
I would agree with most of the ones everybody has mentioned, but also...

The Champ

Donger
06-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Ole Yeller.

"Yeah sure. NO ONE cried when Ole Yeller was killed at the end? I balled my eyes out, man!"

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-24-2005, 08:24 AM
I can cry watching Jeopardy. I'm a big girl.

Nzoner
06-24-2005, 08:24 AM
There's only one that gets me really choked up,the original Where The Red Fern Grows.I've seen it numerous times but it gets me everytime.I have yet to see the remake.

DJay23
06-24-2005, 08:34 AM
In addition to the aforementioned final scene in Saving Private Ryan, the only other movie I can think of that gets me every time is the end of "Rudy." First, I get goosebumps in that last game when the sideline, then the crowd chants to get him into the game. Then the surprise touchdown called by none other than Vince Vaughan (I didn't realize this until last time I watched it). Then, when he makes that sack and gets carried off the field, then the text comes up to tell you that no other member of the Fighting Irish since has been carried off the field at Notre Dame Stadium, I can't stop myself.

KCChiefsMan
06-24-2005, 08:41 AM

if that really pisses you off as much as it appears to, you need to take a break, a timeout...

Pennywise
06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
if that really pisses you off as much as it appears to, you need to take a break, a timeout...

Statements like this are gonna get you smashed in the face with a can of soup buddy.

CosmicPal
06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
What a bunch of wusses.

:D

Old Yeller fer sure.

I think I cried to Brian's Song when I was a lad.

I cried at the end of It's a Wonderful Life so many times, it barely gets me going anymore...

I don't cry anymore- too stressed with life or I'm just not paying attention. But, in the movie, Forrest Gump, when Forrest is talking to Jenny at her gravesite and telling her about their son's day- that was a choker for me. I actually got choked up a bit to Big Fish when his son is describing how his father dies and carries him to the river.

Other than that, I'm usually just checking my pulse and eating popcorn at the movies...

I tell you one scene that literally broke my heart, and that was the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan- the fact those poor guys had to endure such riveting drama on that beach and the strong likelihood that you were pretty much dead the second you got off a boat- still gets me today. It broke my heart to know that our soldiers had to go through hell like that sometimes...

ChiTown
06-24-2005, 08:48 AM
The only movies I cry at are the ones that absolutely suck meh baows, and I realize that I'll never see that $7.50 again :deevee:

cadmonkey
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
1. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

2. The Perfect Storm (because I knew one of the guys on that boat)

3. Braveheart

Edubs
06-24-2005, 09:10 AM
1. Old Yeller
2. ET
3. On Golden Pond
4. Space Balls
5. Pamela Anderson E True Hollywood Stories

Brock
06-24-2005, 09:11 AM
bitches

CosmicPal
06-24-2005, 09:14 AM
2. The Perfect Storm (because I knew one of the guys on that boat)

Are you serious? Sorry to hear about that...

I don't know anyone who's ever been a subject of a film, except this old girlfriend of mine, but that doesn't really count 'cause I was in the films with her and her only line was, "uhhhh, uhhhh, uhhh..."

BigMeatballDave
06-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Terminator 2, Star Wars Episode IIILOL

BigMeatballDave
06-24-2005, 09:29 AM
USE THE ****ING SEARCH FUNCTION ****TARDS!!!!!!Don't hold back, man. Let the tears flow...

cadmonkey
06-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Are you serious? Sorry to hear about that...

I don't know anyone who's ever been a subject of a film, except this old girlfriend of mine, but that doesn't really count 'cause I was in the films with her and her only line was, "uhhhh, uhhhh, uhhh..."

ya, Murph. My grandfather used to bring me to the Gloucester harbor to see the boats when I was younger. One of his friend's son was Murph. real nice guy, funny as hell too. He would bring me on the boat and help him out sometimes when they were packing up to go out.

Its not like I was close to the guy or anything, I just knew him.

KC Kings
06-24-2005, 09:47 AM
1. Where the Red Fern Grows.
2. The Rookie
3. Legends of the Fall
4. The Cowboys
5. Almost got choked up watching my kids crying as they watched Nemo's mommy and all the baby fish get murdered by the shark.

jynni
06-24-2005, 09:56 AM
I didn't cry at "Ole Yeller" because I had to leave the room when it became apparent what was going to happen. I was more pissed off than anything.

That movie is evil and every copy should be burned and no child should ever be made to watch either that or "Bambi".

Freekofnature
06-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Interesting

I never cried at any of these movies. The closest one was Schindler's list. That last part with Oscar regretting not saving more people was a killer.

Jenny Gump
06-24-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm not exactly sure why, but everytime I see Phenomenon, and he dies in Kyra Sedgwick's arms, I just bawl. And bawl...and bawl...OMG, the tears won't stop!

Hercules Rockefell
06-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Braveheart
Last of the Mohicans
Armageddon
Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator
Glory

duncan_idaho
06-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Love Actually made me cry... between the sister giving up the guy for her brother, the couple learning to speak the same language, or, what really got me, the best friend letting go of his friend's wife after telling her he loved her...

Brian's Song

The Patriot (I'm a sucker for father/son stuff)

Field of Dreams (seeing a pattern?)

Kclee
06-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Interesting

I never cried at any of these movies. The closest one was Schindler's list.

Me neither. I've gotten close though.

8 Seconds got me pretty close too.

papasmurf
06-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Brian's Song..........the orginal

DJay23
06-24-2005, 12:18 PM
I know that I'll cry for hours when the 2004-2005 KU Men's basketball highlight DVD comes out.

XXXshogunXXX
06-24-2005, 01:48 PM
alot of people were crying watching passion of the christ...first and only movie ive seen that...no one here?

InChiefsHell
06-24-2005, 01:57 PM
The Passion - though, really only the first few times I saw it, but the scene where he tells his mother "See, I make all things new again"...that really gets me

Saving Private Ryan - the end, when he tells his wife "Tell me I'm a good man..."

Rudy - lots of parts, but the end is awesom

Galipoli - the end of this film will rip your heart out.

There are others, I'm sure...

InChiefsHell
06-24-2005, 01:58 PM
alot of people were crying watching passion of the christ...first and only movie ive seen that...no one here?

See above...
:)

Thig Lyfe
06-24-2005, 02:04 PM
bitches

I cried at that one, too.

whoman69
06-24-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm too lazy to read all the responses. Has anyone mentioned Brian's Song?

Ghostof
06-24-2005, 02:20 PM
A football forum and none of you bitches put RUDY

Maybe thats because you never seen a team win in anything before.

Congrats at losing in life

Braincase
06-24-2005, 03:48 PM
...at the end of The Dirty Dozen, when Jim Brown was throwing these hand grenades down these airshafts, and Richard Jaeckel and Lee Marvin were sitting on top of this armored personnel carrier, dressed up like Nazis...

Donger
06-24-2005, 03:55 PM
A football forum and none of you bitches put RUDY

Maybe thats because you never seen a team win in anything before.

Congrats at losing in life

Well, you apparently didn't read closely enough. I counted two votes for Rudy before your rather inaccurate post.

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Backdraft
Gladiator
Saving private Ryan
The Perfect Storm
The Lion King
The Fox and the Hound

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Backdraft
Gladiator
Saving private Ryan
The Perfect Storm
The Lion King
The Fox and the Hound
What a stupid list.

Thig Lyfe
06-24-2005, 05:34 PM
What a stupid list.
bwahahaha

Ari Chi3fs
06-24-2005, 05:40 PM
I seem to recall sniffling at Fried Green Tomatoes, Ole Yeller, Where the Red Fern Grows, Jenna Loves Rocco, and Saving Private Ryan.

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 06:07 PM
What a stupid list.

really...where is your list at?

Fairplay
06-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Backdraft This movie made me want to start fires, not cry.
Gladiator This movie made me want to go kill someone, not cry.
Saving private Ryan This movie made me want to go kill someone, not cry.
The Perfect Storm I was too bored to cry.
The Lion King This movie i was checking out the moms in the theater, not cry.
The Fox and the Hound Never seen it.

Rain Man
06-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Big Fish (They were real! They were all real!)
Titanic (She loved him so much!)
Kill Bill (I actually just sprayed soda into my eyes so I could stop watching.)

Rain Man
06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm surprised to see Saving Private Ryan showing up on people's lists. It's a war movie. You expect people to die and stuff.

Count Zarth
06-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Rudy
Star Trek II
Gladiator
Independence Day
Braveheart
Any Lord of the Rings film
Return of the Jedi
White Fang

I also refuse to watch "My Dog Skip," because I know I will be blubbering like a bitch at the end.

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 06:50 PM
really...where is your list at?
Nevermind my list. Didn't you read the directions? It said 5 movies. You posted 6 movies. Can't you read or are you being a contrarian? Sheeesh!!

Rain Man
06-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Rudy

Yeah.

Independence Day

I wept for the film industry during that one.

shakesthecat
06-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Sweet Dreams

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Nevermind my list. Didn't you read the directions? It said 5 movies. You posted 6 movies. Can't you read or are you being a contrarian? Sheeesh!!

oh shut up..cranky ass old man.

TRR
06-24-2005, 07:40 PM
1. Hoosiers - "I want to win for my Dad"...
2. Radio - Throughout the movie.
3. Bill - It's a story about a mentally handicapped person that beats the odds. Played by Mickey Rooney.
4. Cinderella Man - When he begs for money...
5. Gladiator - The ending.

Honorable mention...Field of Dreams...The Dad scene.

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 07:44 PM
oh shut up..cranky ass old man.
My neg rep trigger finger still works pretty well.

memyselfI
06-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Cry Freedom
Farenheit 9/11
Platoon
Glory
Sophie's Choice/Bambi

Count Zarth
06-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Farenheit 9/11

:shake: :rolleyes:

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=Skip Towne]My neg rep trigger finger still works pretty well.[/QUOTE

:deevee:......:hail:

memyselfI
06-24-2005, 08:00 PM
:shake: :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes if you wanna...

but seeing a woman gladly sacrifice her son to the cause only to realize the cause was a fraud was heartbreaking and, since it was not fictional, it was one of the most tearjerking moments I'd ever witnessed on film.

Count Zarth
06-24-2005, 08:00 PM
My neg rep trigger finger still works pretty well.

Hey, mine too!

HemiEd
06-24-2005, 08:01 PM
I don't think I have cried at five movies. But Gladiator, Braveheart and Funnygirl I do remember getting a little misty like at my daughters graduation.

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Hey, mine too!

you just couldn't help yourself, could you?:rolleyes:

Count Zarth
06-24-2005, 08:11 PM
you just couldn't help yourself, could you?:rolleyes:

I haven't neg repped anyone in awhile...carry it like a badge of honor.

Digital Takawira
06-24-2005, 08:13 PM
wtf,.....independence day and armageddon?

oaklandhater
06-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Roll your eyes if you wanna...

but seeing a woman gladly sacrifice her son to the cause only to realize the cause was a fraud was heartbreaking and, since it was not fictional, it was one of the most tearjerking moments I'd ever witnessed on film.

I still remember when i frist saw that movie, when that part came up a man and his wife got up to leave the Moive and every one Booed at them has they where leaving . good times good times

wazu
06-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Dead Man Walking--I have never been as exhausted from watching a movie as this one. If you don't cry at the end, even for this bastard of a man--you don't have a ticker.

I couldn't wait for the POS to die. The only problem was it didn't hurt enough.

Freekofnature
06-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Braveheart
Last of the Mohicans
Armageddon
Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator
Glory
Although I dont know who you are personally, but I cant imagine you as a crying type.

ROFL

Freekofnature
06-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Star Trek II
Independence Day

Any Lord of the Rings film
Return of the Jedi
White Fang

Jesus christ.........

Do not watch Schindler's list or Old yeller.

Or any real sad movies.

VonneMarie
06-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Ghost

Glory

Titanic

Selena

Pearl Harbor

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

luv
06-25-2005, 01:02 AM
That, and when the little girl says she hates her dad are the two best parts in the movie.
I knew there was another part of that movie. Can't believe I didn't think of that.

arrowhead20
06-25-2005, 01:50 AM
Lets See........
1. Big Fish
2. The Cure( when the older boy takes off his dead friends shoe from his coffin and leaves one of his own as a promise, then sends his dead friends shoe floating down river)
3. The Passion
4. Braveheart
5. The Patriot
6. 50 First Dates
7. Bruce Almighty
8. Gladiator
....... ot in any particular order.

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Anything with John Holmes.

arrowhead20
06-25-2005, 01:58 AM
of mice and men
legends of the fall
seabiscuit
hardball
ladder 49
I am Sam
Radio
Mystic River
Troy

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:00 AM
I've had a lot of film that have made me cry (I get COMPLETELY involved in the story and just don't give a shit what people think -- plus it helps to get you laid when you're younger if girls think you're sensitive), but only a few things have made me cry upon subsequent viewings.

Those that have:
Films: The Passion, LOTR:ROTK, Requiem for a Dream, Schindler's List, and Cinderella Man
Theater: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, and Miss Saigon
TV: Final Michael J. Fox "Spin City" episode, and the Quantum Leap episode mentioned earlier

luv
06-25-2005, 02:02 AM
of mice and men
legends of the fall
seabiscuit
hardball
ladder 49
I am Sam
Radio
Mystic River
Troy
I almost put I Am Sam on my list too. It was so hard to limit it to five. Rudy, Radio...nearly any underdog story.

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Theater: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, and Miss SaigonHaving to sit through any of that shit would make me cry, too.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Having to sit through any of that shit would make me cry, too.
Oh, that hurts, keg. That hurts! Les Miz is one of the best things to ever be on stage, man!

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:14 AM
For me, "The Elephant Man," "An Exocutioner's Song," (an old made-4-TV movie) and "When We Were Kings."

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:15 AM
Oh, that hurts, keg. That hurts! Les Miz is one of the best things to ever be on stage, man!

He was a frog and he stole some bread.

He needed to get his azz kicked...

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Oh, that hurts, keg. That hurts! Les Miz is one of the best things to ever be on stage, man!Musicals are the lowest common demoninator as far as I'm concerned. Pop music for snobs who think they're above pop music.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Musicals are the lowest common demoninator as far as I'm concerned. Pop music for snobs who think they're above pop music.
Technically, all three are not musicals, they're operas. And opera is a tried and true art form!

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Technically, all three are not musicals, they're operas. And opera is a tried and true art form!

I'm taking back my email...

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm taking back my email...
ROFL 4321

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Technically, all three are not musicals, they're operas. And opera is a tried and true art form!If music was talk shows, Johnny Carson would be opera, and those turds would be Jerry Springer. Oh, no, wait, Jerry Springer is too good. They'd be Richard Bey.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:25 AM
If music was talk shows, Johnny Carson would be opera, and those turds would be Jerry Springer. Oh, no, wait, Jerry Springer is too good. They'd be Richard Bey.
Tell me truthfully, have you ever seen any of them, or are you just against musicals/opera?

Jenson71
06-25-2005, 02:25 AM
One time I went to an opera at this theater we have at UNI for Spanish extra credit. I can't remember the name, but it's a real famous one. It was really cool, I thought.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:27 AM
This one time... at band camp...

jk

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Tell me truthfully, have you ever seen any of them, or are you just against musicals/opera?I've probably suffered through more than you have, in my previous life.

And nowhere did I infer I was against opera.

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:28 AM
This one time... at band camp...

jk

Good.

It's only hot if you are female and young...

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:31 AM
I've probably suffered through more than you have, in my previous life.

And nowhere did I infer I was against opera.
I wouldn't doubt that you have, but it would take a LOT to do it... The three I mentioned I've seen 15 times alone. The wife and I are theater people, so we go fairly frequently.

I can understand an indifference to Phantom... Weber's work can sometimes be too melodramatic. But how can you hate Miss Saigon and moreso, Les Miz?

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:31 AM
Good.

It's only hot if you are female and young...
My comment was for Jenson.

Jenson71
06-25-2005, 02:32 AM
Help me out. It's a woman's name. I think it starts with an "S".

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:32 AM
I can understand an indifference to Phantom... Weber's work can sometimes be too melodramatic. But how can you hate Miss Saigon and moreso, Les Miz?That's like asking someone how they can hate chocolate. You may love it. Not everyone does. Not everyone should.

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:33 AM
My comment was for Jenson.

Um...so as long as he's listening you DID hide a flute inside your body?...

:hmmm:

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:33 AM
Help me out. It's a woman's name. I think it starts with an "S".
It's Alyson Hannigan...

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:34 AM
Um...so as long as he's listening you DID hide a flute inside your body?..Looking for a new case for your skin piccolo?

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:35 AM
Um...so as long as he's listening you DID hide a flute inside your body?...

:hmmm:
%(/

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:36 AM
It's Alyson Hannigan...

Hey, he did better than John Edwards...

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:37 AM
Hey, he did better than John Edwards...
ROFL Jeezus, you're an incredible prick.

Jenson71
06-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Carmen! Doggonit, that was the name of it.

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Looking for a new case for your skin piccolo?

Yeah.

Hollywood homo's don't show up 8 years later with a little girl.

I figure the pain is, at worst, comperable, and without the financial implications...

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:39 AM
ROFL Jeezus, you're an incredible prick.

I haven't heard that since....well, yesterday.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:40 AM
Carmen! Doggonit, that was the name of it.
ROFL I thought you meant the actress I was quoting! ROFL

Carmen's a great opera, though. Good choice! :thumb:

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:42 AM
ROFL I thought you meant the actress I was quoting! ROFL

Carmen's a great opera, though. Good choice! :thumb:

Yeah, you guys really connected.

He should get a show on Sci-fi... :rolleyes:

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:43 AM
Yeah.

Hollywood homo's don't show up 8 years later with a little girl.

I figure the pain is, at worst, comperable, and without the financial implications...Hold on. Just where did you think Raider fans came from.

MARTHA?! I thought you were gonna have this discussion with little Bradley?

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Yeah, you guys really connected.

He should get a show on Sci-fi... :rolleyes:
You'd have some rep if you didn't still owe me!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2497221&postcount=114

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:48 AM
Hold on. Just where did you think Raider fans came from.

France?...

MARTHA?! I thought you were gonna have this discussion with little Bradley?

I'm no Bradley, and there t'aint gonna' be no Bradley. There is a....well, daugter, but der reprduction on this wing O' the family tree is over and done...

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm no Bradley, and there t'aint gonna' be no Bradley. There is a....well, daugter, but der reprduction on this wing O' the family tree is over and done...Hey, you never know. If psi can realize he's a she, little bradette could one day wake up and think....

Rausch
06-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Hey, you never know. If psi can realize he's a she, little bradette could one day wake up and think....

...that you should be the target of my rage and frustration should my kid want to "change teams."

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 02:55 AM
...that you should be the target of my rage and frustration should my kid want to "change teams."Don't look at me Papa Rausch, I'm not the one who battered the bread. If there's a genetic predisposition there, it's not my swimmers.

J Diddy
06-25-2005, 02:59 AM
...that you should be the target of my rage and frustration should my kid want to "change teams."

Think of all the cool interior decoration you will be getting for free though...

Rausch
06-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Don't look at me Papa Rausch, I'm not the one who battered the bread. If there's a genetic predisposition there, it's not my swimmers.

Your wife and "mah baby's momma'" have a lot in common.

One never knows...

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:01 AM
Think of all the cool interior decoration you will be getting for free though...Hey now, telling him his sweet little girl is going to turn into Frazod. That's crossing the line, assface.

Rausch
06-25-2005, 03:02 AM
Think of all the cool interior decoration you will be getting for free though...

Children + Free = [no solution]...

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:03 AM
Your wife and "mah baby's momma'" have a lot in common.

One never knows...Oh, I know. You've got better taste than my former gutter princess.

Rausch
Hey now, telling him his sweet little girl is going to turn into Frazod. That's crossing the line, assface.

Frankly, I'm praying for lesbian or nun...

J Diddy
Hey now, telling him his sweet little girl is going to turn into Frazod. That's crossing the line, assface.

Let's calm down with the assface comments, okay....

STFU

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Let's calm down with the assface comments, okay...That's the highest form of compliment I know.

J Diddy
06-25-2005, 03:07 AM
That's the highest form of compliment I know.

ROFL

Rausch
06-25-2005, 03:14 AM
Oh, I know. You've got better taste than my former gutter princess.

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:19 AM
Dude, you've probably seen a picture. I don't have one now, but if I did, trust me, you'd look at her and ask youself what kind of drugs I was on to survive it.

Rausch
06-25-2005, 03:22 AM
Dude, you've probably seen a picture. I don't have one now, but if I did, trust me, you'd look at her and ask youself what kind of drugs I was on to survive it.

I'll simplify it for you: I'm not posting pics of my daughter's mother.

Ever...

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:23 AM
I'll simplify it for you: I'm not posting pics of my daughter's mother.

Ever...Hmm, maybe it could be my ex.

J Diddy
06-25-2005, 03:25 AM
Hmm, maybe it could be my ex.

this is starting to sound like a bad soap opera.

Rausch
06-25-2005, 03:26 AM
this is starting to sound like a bad soap opera.

It is.

If only my girlfriend could turn into Meg Ryan in 6 years...

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:30 AM
It's really not soap opera. Simple fact is that me and the demon hadn't moved here yet when brad spawned his lovely little bundle of surprise, so it wasn't her. But if it was, I'd probably clap him on the back and say "thank god it was you, sucker" while skipping off and whistling happily.

Rausch
06-25-2005, 03:33 AM
It's really not soap opera. Simple fact is that me and the demon hadn't moved here yet when brad spawned his lovely little bundle of surprise, so it wasn't her. But if it was, I'd probably clap him on the back and say "thank god it was you, sucker" while skipping off and whistling happily.

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:34 AM
What the f*ck am I doing up at 4:30.

J Diddy
06-25-2005, 03:35 AM

That very well could be worth the price of admission.

Rausch
06-25-2005, 03:36 AM

It's Christmas time for my penis...

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:41 AM
It's Christmas time for my penis...Well, if it's anything like christmas time for me, that means your penis is getting a bunch of crap that you really don't want, but you won't turn it down because you're too polite, not to mention too poor.

Count Zarth
06-25-2005, 03:44 AM

Posting on Chiefsplanet?

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:44 AM
Posting on Chiefsplanet?Tonight's word is "rhetorical", children.

dred
06-25-2005, 03:45 AM
The end of Last Samuraii did it for me.

Also in the Patriot when his daughter finally says "Daddy don't leave" when they are on the beach, prior to him going back to the fight.

J Diddy
06-25-2005, 03:46 AM
Tonight's word is "rhetorical", children.

ROFL

carlos3652
06-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Did anyone cry in American History X...

Everything else was listed by someone else... also the only times I cried watching TV:

Argentina losing vs Germany 1-0 WC FINAL 90
Argentina losing vs Holland 3-2 WC 98
CSI's (LV) 5th Season Finale - Nick buried alive...

KChiefs1
06-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Old Yeller
My Dog Skip
Saving Pvt Ryan
Gladiator
Braveheart

I could name more, but I can barely see the keyboard from the tears in my eyes right now thinking about these movies....

oaklandhater
06-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Did anyone cry in American History X...

Everything else was listed by someone else... also the only times I cried watching TV:

Argentina losing vs Germany 1-0 WC FINAL 90
Argentina losing vs Holland 3-2 WC 98
CSI's (LV) 5th Season Finale - Nick buried alive...

I like the message that movie gives but didnt cry

Rain Man
06-25-2005, 03:15 PM
It's Christmas time for my penis...

I like to wrap mine in tinsel, too.