PDA

View Full Version : Raiders sign Omar Easy for league minimum....

Ugly Duck
06-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Who is Omar Easy? Signed him as a fullback. What is his story?

Spicy McHaggis
06-24-2005, 01:12 AM
You just guaranteed yourself a Super Bowl my friend.

Captain Obvious
06-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Yep, the Raiders offense just keeps getting better.

C-Mac
06-24-2005, 01:32 AM

Fullback signing.....$477,000
One Omar Easy game jersey......$79
Two tickets to Detroit for SB......$1240
Luring a Raider fan to the SB to watch the Chiefs play......Priceless!

the Talking Can
06-24-2005, 04:53 AM
The balance of power in the AFC West has shifted.

ExtremeChief
06-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Titus' dream has now officially ended.

old_geezer
06-24-2005, 05:29 AM
In all seriousness; if Omar actually makes your final roster - your team has no depth at that position.

Warrior5
06-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Who is Omar Easy? Signed him as a fullback. What is his story?

Best FB evar!

stevieray
06-24-2005, 07:04 AM
They signed him for information.

NaptownChief
06-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Just another in the long line of stellar Carl Peterson draft picks...

Chiefs took him over N."Dump In the Closet"Davenport.

siberian khatru
06-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Titus' dream has now officially ended.

I wonder if, like Duh-nise, he'll now become a Raiders fan? :hmmm:

Bwana
06-24-2005, 07:10 AM

ROFL

siberian khatru
06-24-2005, 07:11 AM

Wouldn't that require him to actually know the playbook?

Norv: "Omar, the Chiefs have Gonzalez split wide and Richardson lined up behind Shields. What are they planning to do?"

Omar: "Man, I've been asking myself the same question for 3 years."

Kerberos
06-24-2005, 07:17 AM

Norv: "Omar, the Chiefs have Gonzalez split wide and Richardson lined up behind Shields. What are they planning to do?"

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
06-24-2005, 07:33 AM
If they had only started Omar Easy, instead of Grbac in that Broncos playoff game...

SNR
06-24-2005, 07:33 AM
IIRC, didn't he once score a TD against the Raiturds?

Cochise
06-24-2005, 08:20 AM
He has one receiving touchdown from a game I was at, although I can't remember which one.

He seems to be able to catch the ball ok, although he was almost as impressive of a runner as Mike Cloud.

Ultra Peanut
06-24-2005, 08:47 AM

Omar: "Man, I've been asking myself the same question for 3 years."BOOM!

Ultra Peanut
06-24-2005, 08:55 AM
If they had only started Omar Easy, instead of Grbac in that Broncos playoff game...ROFL

Phobia
06-24-2005, 09:11 AM
He seems to be able to catch the ball ok,

WHAT?!?!? His stonehands is the entire reason he was cut, IMO.

C-Mac
06-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Omar Esay is just a victim of the NFL league's "Omnipotent Player Fairness" rule.
Since Rich Scanlon was signed, the Chiefs weren't allowed to keep more than one player of that caliber.

Mr. Laz
06-24-2005, 10:10 AM
WHAT?!?!? His stonehands is the entire reason he was cut, IMO.
yep

a tweener in the worse sense of the word

he doesn't have the heart to be a fullback and doesn't have the skill to be a tailback.

KCTitus
06-24-2005, 10:20 AM
This is sad, sad news...Easy was never given a fair shot in KC, he didnt get enough playing time. But that one preseason game I saw, I could tell he had all the qualities to be a very good FB/RB someday. I cant believe our RB coach couldnt see that...clearly the RB coach for KC doesnt know anything about RB's or FB's.

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 10:21 AM
This is sad, sad news...Easy was never given a fair shot in KC, he didnt get enough playing time. But that one preseason game I saw, I could tell he had all the qualities to be a very good FB/RB someday. I cant believe our RB coach couldnt see that...clearly the RB coach for KC doesnt know anything about RB's or FB's.

ROFL

Coogs
06-24-2005, 10:22 AM

Could this be the Rich/mememe II?

shakesthecat
06-24-2005, 10:23 AM

ROFL Just make sure that in 6 months you deny ever posting this.

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 10:24 AM

No. But word is, Greg is going to change from "KCTitus" to "KCRoy".

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 10:25 AM
ROFL Just make sure that in 6 months you deny ever posting this.

You need to take a look in the mirror, friend.

ROFL :deevee: ROFL :deevee: ROFL

Coogs
06-24-2005, 10:26 AM
No. But word is, Greg is going to change from "KCTitus" to "KCRoy".

:LOL:

KCTitus
06-24-2005, 10:29 AM

That's just a heinous suggestion...

Coogs
06-24-2005, 10:32 AM
That's just a heinous suggestion...

:D

Rain Man
06-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Randy who?

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 10:48 AM

Exactly my thought.

Iowanian
06-24-2005, 10:52 AM
After the Raiders Glean him of as much KC info in Training Camp.....omar will be looking to start a Jerked Chicken Stand back home.

Morgan State 60
06-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Oakland gets ridiculed on this board for this move when there's zero risk involved.

You guys forget, our team actually invested a fourth round pick on Omar Easy. We are the big losers here.

Phobia
06-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Oakland gets ridiculed on this board for this move when there's zero risk involved.

You guys forget, our team actually invested a fourth round pick on Omar Easy. We are the big losers here.

That ground has been tread upon many, many times. It's Oakland's turn today.

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 11:38 AM

It's not Oakland being ridiculed, it's Omar Easy.

Kclee
06-24-2005, 11:39 AM

'Big Losers' for not resigning a 4th round pick from a few years ago? How about 'Eh, he was a 4th rounder, you win some and you lose some.' Shit like this happens to all teams every year.

alanm
06-24-2005, 11:40 AM
First Moss NOW EASY!!! We're DOOMED!!! :deevee:

Phobia
06-24-2005, 11:43 AM
'Big Losers' for not resigning a 4th round pick from a few years ago? How about 'Eh, he was a 4th rounder, you win some and you lose some.' Shit like this happens to all teams every year.

Um. For "investing" the 4th rounder in the first place. Bad pick.

KCTitus
06-24-2005, 11:44 AM

You said a mouthful right there, my friend....I tell you that one preseason game he played in, he displayed all the vision, quickness and patience that good RB's have. Unfortunately, our coaching staff have this problem with playing favorites and he was never given a chance.

Oakland has got themselves a gem...they wont make the same idiot mistakes that KC did, that much Im sure of.

go bowe
06-24-2005, 11:49 AM
don't worry little buddy. my boy rich will fill in nicely at fb, tb, and cb too.

RedThat
06-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Um. For "investing" the 4th rounder in the first place. Bad pick.

I think the pick was made in the first place to provide depth in the backfield for the Chiefs. They had no intentions of having him as a starter now or in the near future. But, we all know how that panned out. He can't make the squad as a backup, bad pick. I agree.

carlos3652
06-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Raiders sign Omar Easy for league minimum....

The Postons gave him his big Payday... how can the Raiders afford him! Wait....

whoman69
06-24-2005, 02:50 PM
He has one receiving touchdown from a game I was at, although I can't remember which one.

He seems to be able to catch the ball ok, although he was almost as impressive of a runner as Mike Cloud.
Guy had hands of stone until he worked on it last pre season.
As bad as he was for us, he's actually a step up for them.

ct
06-24-2005, 02:54 PM

ROFL :clap:

Classic!

jspchief
06-24-2005, 03:40 PM
You said a mouthful right there, my friend....I tell you that one preseason game he played in, he displayed all the vision, quickness and patience that good RB's have. Unfortunately, our coaching staff have this problem with playing favorites and he was never given a chance.

Oakland has got themselves a gem...they wont make the same idiot mistakes that KC did, that much Im sure of.Are you being serious?

I always thought your Easy comments were in jest, but I get the feeling you're not kidding. I'm new enough that I'm still out of the loop sometimes. Heck, I just found out Donger is a woman a few days ago.

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Are you being serious?

I always thought your Easy comments were in jest, but I get the feeling you're not kidding. I'm new enough that I'm still out of the loop sometimes. Heck, I just found out Donger is a woman a few days ago.

He's dead serious. He accurately predicted the drafting of Omar Easy about a month before the draft. He loves the guy.

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 04:09 PM
... Heck, I just found out Donger is a woman a few days ago.

Yeah, the screen name he chose threw us off for awhile, didn't it? Hell, I thought he was a skinny Chinese dude with glasses for the first six months he was here.

His first choice for screen names, "Gash" would have given him up...."Donger," THAT was a stroke of genious (CP spelling). :hmmm:

DaWolf
06-26-2005, 07:28 AM
Omar is a guy who supposedly has decent running ability but never really picked up the fullback position to the level we needed. Let's say this, we've been looking for a guy to come in and replace TRich and we drafted him for it and he never stepped up, so when TRich wend down we got rid of our entire fullback package. We looked at him one year for a bit as perhaps halfback depth but he wasn't good enough there either. He's a solid guy which is why Vermeil liked him, and he's got some running ability and a body that they liked which is why they drafted him in the first place, but he never stepped up. should give a special teams contribution but beyond that, well I would say good luck, but since this is Oakland we're talking about, I'll say screw you guys... ;)

Skip Towne
06-26-2005, 07:42 AM
The dude had no second level burst.

Bowser
06-26-2005, 08:13 AM
It's going to be a real nail biter watching Omar Easy and Justin Fargas fight it out for the fifth running back position. A REAL nail biter.

redsurfer11
06-26-2005, 12:56 PM

redsurfer11
06-26-2005, 01:04 PM

He couldn't follow his blockers or hit the holes. Had so-so speed with no extra burst. The thing that pissed me off about him was, he would run to the line like a five year old on a bicycle,who just got his training wheels removed. You can't hit the holes or follow your blockers if you're running in the opposite direction.

keg in kc
06-26-2005, 01:05 PM
You said a mouthful right there, my friend....I tell you that one preseason game he played in, he displayed all the vision, quickness and patience that good RB's have. Unfortunately, our coaching staff have this problem with playing favorites and he was never given a chance.I still say you should've changed your handle to "the easy guy".

rocks
06-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Hell, I watched Easy for a week last year in training camp and the guy was worthless. He never got any playing time because he was either lazy or stupid or both. But one thing is for sure he did not have enough talent to replace an old man like T-Rich.

Spicy McHaggis
06-26-2005, 02:39 PM

Yeah I can imagine him on the practice field showing the Raiders just how we run things....

"Okay now on this play I'll be T-Rich. Now I'm going to run and block you so try and get around me... (guy blows past him) Dammit!!! I wasn't ready, let me show you again. Alright now I'm going to fill the 4 hole and pick you...Dammit!!!! Alright if you're not going to let me show you I'm so out of here. Omar Easy don't need this. Omar Easy is the RBOTF"

stevieray
06-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah I can imagine him on the practice field showing the Raiders just how we run things....

"Okay now on this play I'll be T-Rich. Now I'm going to run and block you so try and get around me... (guy blows past him) Dammit!!! I wasn't ready, let me show you again. Alright now I'm going to fill the 4 hole and pick you...Dammit!!!! Alright if you're not going to let me show you I'm so out of here. Omar Easy don't need this. Omar Easy is the RBOTF"

I don't think they signed him to actually play, what else is there?