PDA

View Full Version : USA Today ranks the NFL's Defensive Linemen...

KChiefs1
06-24-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2005-06-23-sw-rankings-dline_x.htm

Not really an article Chiefs fans would normally be interested in, but there is a Chief in the rankings!

Demonpenz
06-24-2005, 09:33 AM
looks like a list of people who are sack artists

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Sweet...Jared Allen is ahead of Trevor Price. Bite me donkeys.

vailpass
06-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Sweet...Jared Allen is ahead of Trevor Price. Bite me donkeys.
Trevor "Price" (sic) did not play last year due to injury. Allen had a very nice year for a rookie. Why don't we use the upcoming season, in which both will play, as a more statistically significant basis of comparison?
At the end of the year you can then re-evaluate your well thought out invitation to "bite me".

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Nah, let's use last year. If your wuss didn't show up, tough shit.

vailpass
06-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Nah, let's use last year. If your wuss didn't show up, tough shit.

Keep on smokin' it there big guy.
Hey, isn't that a cop outside your window? :)

Tribal Warfare
06-24-2005, 02:04 PM
It still pisses me off that KC passed on "Big" John Henderson for Sims

:# :cuss:

Cormac
06-24-2005, 02:12 PM

Yeah, Haynesworth too. I hate drafting half of a top college tandem (ie. Sims and Peppers; Arrington and Brown). Usually one benefitted from the other. JMO.

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 02:14 PM

I'm not convinced John Henderson would have been much better in KC. He plays next to one of the best DT's in the game in Stroud, whereas here he would have been playing next to John Browning, and Eddie Freeman. Add in Robinson, and I think you'd be seeing people talk about Henderson the same way we talk about Sims.

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, Haynesworth too. I hate drafting half of a top college tandem (ie. Sims and Peppers; Arrington and Brown). Usually one benefitted from the other. JMO.

Haynesworth has been every bit as bad as Sims. And he's been in trouble multiple times with the team. No thanks.

Henderson would have been the better pick out of the 3 of them most likely, but like I said, I'm not sure even he would have succeeded here.

whoman69
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I wonder how far down you'd have to go on the DT list to hit a Chief, or how far down you'd have to go to hit Eric Hicks on the DE chart.
Of course they are mostly going to use sacks for these awards. Its how non-experts show they actually know something.

crossbow
06-24-2005, 04:19 PM

I hear ya man. I was totaly pissed when they did that. They could have had a monster and not given up a pick to get him either.

jspchief
06-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Sure glad we took "Siavii the project" instead of Darnell Dockett. :rolleyes:

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Sure glad we took "Siavii the project" instead of Darnell Dockett. :rolleyes:

It all feeds off of the Sims pick. Sims and Dockett play the same position.

If we had taken a guy like Haynesworth then we wouldn't have needed Siavii and could have picked Dockett instead.

jspchief
06-24-2005, 04:48 PM
It all feeds off of the Sims pick. Sims and Dockett play the same position.

If we had taken a guy like Haynesworth then we wouldn't have needed Siavii and could have picked Dockett instead.Therein lies the problem. Our FO thought we didn't need Dockett because we have Sims. I would make the argument that we needed Dockett because all we had was Sims.

Personally, I'm done with the Sims project. After seeing him come into camp fat as hell, it's clear this guy is too comfortable. I can live with him until something better comes along, but I don't think we should be passing on guys because we have him.

I guess I'll always be a little bitter about the second round of the '04 draft. We passed on a lot of talent at positions we needed, to draft a project and a TE that we didn't need.

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Therein lies the problem. Our FO thought we didn't need Dockett because we have Sims. I would make the argument that we needed Dockett because all we had was Sims.

Personally, I'm done with the Sims project. After seeing him come into camp fat as hell, it's clear this guy is too comfortable. I can live with him until something better comes along, but I don't think we should be passing on guys because we have him.

I guess I'll always be a little bitter about the second round of the '04 draft. We passed on a lot of talent at positions we needed, to draft a project and a TE that we didn't need.

I would argue that our front office didn't have the luxury of taking Dockett because we had Sims. We had already spent 3 first-day draft picks on 3-technique DT's in the 2 previous drafts. We need a NT in the worst way.

jspchief
06-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I would argue that our front office didn't have the luxury of taking Dockett because we had Sims. We had already spent 3 first-day draft picks on 3-technique DT's in the 2 previous drafts. We need a NT in the worst way.That's a good point. I was getting tired of us continuing to try and fill that one spot, while ignoring others. I think that has had a lot to do with our lack of prospects at so many other positions.

The Sims/Freeman draft has evolved from a mystery to a bust.

htismaqe
06-24-2005, 05:01 PM
That's a good point. I was getting tired of us continuing to try and fill that one spot, while ignoring others. I think that has had a lot to do with our lack of prospects at so many other positions.

The Sims/Freeman draft has evolved from a mystery to a bust.

Yep.