PDA

View Full Version : it's friday. what's planned for the weekend?

seclark
06-24-2005, 01:54 PM
the wife and daughter are going to des moines for the weekend. i'm staying home to work on the house.

i'm meeting the carpenter at 5am. we're going arrowhead hunting till around 10, or it gets too hot. then we going to sein some crawdaddies and go to the river and set lines. prolly camp out sat night. partake in a cool beverage or two. sunday we'll work like hell so when the wife gets home, she'll be proud and amazed at what was accomplished.

quite the plan...what're you cheese-stix doing?
sec

ptlyon
06-24-2005, 01:55 PM
My hand

Goapics1
06-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Mowing lawn and building a ramp for the shed. My youngest son's bday party is Saturday afternoon, supposed to be like 100 degrees each day here. Fuggin hot weekend.

seclark
06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
My hand
ah...romance in the air.
sec

Sam
06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Weekend hell, I'm starting 10 straight days of vacation at 5:00 thanks to the holiday on the 4th. we'll be visiting a few bars, a few car/truck shows then we've planned a trip to the Lake of the Ozarks, Bagnel Dam, to do a little fishing and then the NASCAR Craftsman truck series race will be at the Kansas Speedway next weekend. Some old friends that had to move out of state and we haven't seen since October are coming back for the race.

Party hearty!

Death Nebula
06-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Bikini count at the pool....Holla

Iowanian
06-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm going to go to my folks, to take care of this one thing, about this other thing, go fishing, and then go to the party for the first thing.

Lzen
06-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Amazingly, I don't really have anything planned for this weekend. Been awhile since I could say that. I'll probably do a little yard work tomorrow, maybe clean up the garage (if I feel like it), and jump in the pool. :)

ptlyon
06-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Make sure there's water in it Lzen

KS Smitty
06-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Mr. Smitty got passes to "WheatStalk" (aka Country Stampede) that's held a few miles from here. We're going on Sunday when ZZ Top is closing out the show. :rockon:

Have a good weekend everyone!

Chief Henry
06-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Columbia Missouri area on Saturday.

Sunday-Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday in Branson, Mo with my wifes family. It should be a good time. We'll see the "Dixie Stampede" on Sunday night. Has anyone ever been to this show?

KCChiefsMan
06-24-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm gonna have a few drinkie winkies tonight! I'll probably just sit around tomorrow and drink again tomorrow night and Sunday I'll probably just sit around

Goapics1
06-24-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm gonna have a few drinkie winkies tonight! I'll probably just sit around tomorrow and drink again tomorrow night and Sunday I'll probably just sit around
No kids, eh?

Rain Man
06-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm going to continue living a life of quiet desperation, pretending that my life is under control and that everything's okay, mowing my lawn and paying bills and maybe taking in a movie, while my soul tells me that I really should be sidling effortlessly through the trees in a central African jungle, eating shoots and berries and watching a broad red sunset through a framework of palm trees and strangler figs.

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 03:00 PM
the wife and daughter are going to des moines for the weekend. i'm staying home to work on the house.

i'm meeting the carpenter at 5am. we're going arrowhead hunting till around 10, or it gets too hot. then we going to sein some crawdaddies and go to the river and set lines. prolly camp out sat night. partake in a cool beverage or two. sunday we'll work like hell so when the wife gets home, she'll be proud and amazed at what was accomplished.

sec

Heh....funny you should post this; my wife and kids are going to the lake with the in-laws, I'm stayin' to "work on the house." She left me a "list"....I had told her to be realistic....I can probably knock most of it out in 5-6 hours..heh.

I'm gonna try to knock a chunk of the list out tonight--then surf the net for awhile I think; then, do the rest of the work Sunday morning/early afternoon. I intend to "play" Saturday, but don't know precisely what yet. :hmmm:

Enjoy your weekend. :toast:

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Mr. Smitty got passes to "WheatStalk" (aka Country Stampede) that's held a few miles from here. We're going on Sunday when ZZ Top is closing out the show. :rockon:

Have a good weekend everyone!

Will you quit gloating?

KCChiefsMan
06-24-2005, 03:03 PM
No kids, eh?

nope. I never want to have any.

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 03:04 PM
No kids, eh?

Let's hope not. Heh.

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 03:04 PM
nope. I never want to have any.

The rest of society thanks you. :p

FloridaChief
06-24-2005, 03:07 PM
i'm meeting the carpenter at 5am. we're going arrowhead hunting till around 10, or it gets too hot.

Jesus is coming over to your place to hunt arrowheads? Bigger than what I have planned...

Lzen
06-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Make sure there's water in it Lzen

Thanks, I'll try to remember that. ;)

KCChiefsMan
06-24-2005, 03:08 PM
The rest of society thanks you. :p

your welcome

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Jesus is coming over to your place to hunt arrowheads? Bigger than what I have planned...

Yeah, Jesus huntin' for Arrowheads proves he's a Chief's fan too.

Lzen
06-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, Jesus huntin' for Arrowheads proves he's a Chief's fan too.

God must have a sick sense of humor.

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
God must have a sick sense of humor.

I said Jesus; God's a Patriot's fan, apparently....

Jesus is a rebel, and his dad just keeps playin' him. :banghead:

ZepSinger
06-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Movie Night with the kids. 2 daughters have sleepovers, so that's 5 girls under 7 yrs. old. If I survive that, I'll make 'em all a big breakfast in the morning and mow the lawn. Exciting stuff.

Z

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 04:48 PM

sec
What do you do with the arrowheads?

keg in kc
06-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Let's see. There's a pool party here tomorrow. Think I'll skip that. No movies out this weekend I want to see. Guess that means I'll jog early in the morning (if I can get myself up) to avoid the 90 degree heat and then sit around reading books and watching TV/DVDs. Maybe throw some work in if I feel like it.

It's an exciting life.

HemiEd
06-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Eat, drink, golf and boating. That is all, it is summer for about 20 minutes here.

Ari Chi3fs
06-24-2005, 05:10 PM

sec

I dont think I have ever seen Sec so type-ish before [ish for BC]...

On Saturday, we are going to my hometown to a HUGE firework display at Dunlaps corner outside of Butler MO...

if anyone is interested, it is free... and totally badass.

Hoover
06-24-2005, 05:20 PM
WORK

I'm putting on a brunch for about 450 people Sunday a.m.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Tomorrow morning I'm putting my PhD to work digging a post hole for a new mailbox. Mow the megayard, plant 3 new japanese maple trees & knock off about noon. Grill some lunch, then go up to Parma gun range and shoot a few holes in paper during the heat of the afternoon -I got a nifty new Bulgarian Makarov pistol and an arsenal-refurbished Rooski Mosin M38 rifle, couple of nice commie guns. I'm doing my part to celebrate the victory of capitalism over communism. "Mr Gorbachov, tear down that wall...and sell me that pistol your bodyguard is carrying." To that I add Praise the Lord and pass the ammuntion.

Might go fishing tomorrow evening, or I might just sit around here and drink whiskey, listen to the Saturday Night Fish Fry on the radio.
Sunday morning, I'ma do some finish carpentry on the front porch, putting up some 'arts and crafts' style trim on the bannisters, etc...Do some touch-up painting on same. Then go in and work a few hours Sunday afternoon, make some overtime so I can buy myself another new commie gun next month for my birthday. One of those nice Yugoslavian SKS model 59-66, they're a heckuva buy right now.

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 09:22 PM
WORK

I'm putting on a brunch for about 450 people Sunday a.m.

YOU are Billy Graham?

Claynus
06-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Going to Minute Maid park to see the Rangers beat the Astros on Sunday.

tommykat
06-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Working tomorrow............ahhhhhhhhh but have Sun, Mon, and Tues off...:D

yeti
06-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Work, bike ride, church, and golf.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Damn wife planned a damn garage sale... damn.

yeti
06-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Tomorrow morning I'm putting my PhD to work digging a post hole for a new mailbox. Mow the megayard, plant 3 new japanese maple trees & knock off about noon. Grill some lunch, then go up to Parma gun range and shoot a few holes in paper during the heat of the afternoon -I got a nifty new Bulgarian Makarov pistol and an arsenal-refurbished Rooski Mosin M38 rifle, couple of nice commie guns. I'm doing my part to celebrate the victory of capitalism over communism. "Mr Gorbachov, tear down that wall...and sell me that pistol your bodyguard is carrying." To that I add Praise the Lord and pass the ammuntion.

ROFL

Nzoner
06-24-2005, 11:41 PM
I'll be sitting downstairs hoping a helluva lot more people show up to buy fireworks than what have these last 5 days.

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 11:44 PM
I'll be sitting downstairs hoping a helluva lot more people show up to buy fireworks than what have these last 5 days.

We ran a Fireworks stand here in SD for 8 years.

60% of the business over the 10 days, occurs on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of July. With the 4th being a Monday this year....next weekend should be HUGE.

Nzoner
06-25-2005, 12:03 AM
We ran a Fireworks stand here in SD for 8 years.

60% of the business over the 10 days, occurs on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of July. With the 4th being a Monday this year....next weekend should be HUGE.

I just hope I'm not regretting having 8 employees here over this weekend but I've got 65,000 flyers hitting the mail tomorrow so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Mr. Kotter
06-25-2005, 01:03 AM
I just hope I'm not regretting having 8 employees here over this weekend but I've got 65,000 flyers hitting the mail tomorrow so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

We were a small stand....20K in sales; and we needed 3-4 employees the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. You should be fine.....probably CRAZY by Monday of next week.

I miss the money, but not the crazyness.... :shake:

luv
06-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Saturday - Spending the day getting my first good sunburn of the year by swimming and laying out for the day.

Saturday evening - Firefall with some friends.

Saturday night - Going to friend's house to hang out for a while.

Sunday - catch up on the laundry and cleaning that is usually reserved for Saturday.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 01:19 AM
Saturday - Spending the day getting my first good sunburn of the year by swimming and laying out for the day.

Saturday evening - Firefall with some friends.

Saturday night - Going to friend's house to hang out for a while.

Sunday - catch up on the laundry and cleaning that is usually reserved for Saturday.
Firefall... I miss Firefall... dammit.

luv
06-25-2005, 01:21 AM
Firefall... I miss Firefall... dammit.
I don't go out for the whole day. Standing in line for hours to get anythings, going pee in a port-a-potty, getting shoved around by thousands of strangers, and running into people who you were hoping not to ever run into again. I love to go listen to the music and watch the fireworks in the evening though.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah, it's nuts out there for sure, but still a lot of fun! It's been 10+ years since I went to Firefall.

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Saturday - Spending the day getting my first good sunburn of the year by swimming and laying out for the day.I got my first (and last) sunburn of the year last weekend at Chiefs practice. Peeling all week inspired me to by lotion.

Congratulations on the swimming. More balls than I have. I'm skipping a pool party tomorrow because I figure I'd be doing everyone in the complex a favor my keeping my porcine posterior out of sight.

luv
06-25-2005, 01:37 AM
I got my first (and last) sunburn of the year last weekend at Chiefs practice. Peeling all week inspired me to by lotion.

Congratulations on the swimming. More balls than I have. I'm skipping a pool party tomorrow because I figure I'd be doing everyone in the complex a favor my keeping my porcine posterior out of sight.
Going over to dad's while he's at work tomorrow. I would never been see in public in a bathing suit. Especially with the thin little things that lay out here. Actually, it's the hot guys that live in the next building that keep me from doing that more than the suntanning girls at the pool.

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 01:39 AM
Going over to dad's while he's at work tomorrow. I would never been see in public in a bathing suit. Especially with the thin little things that lay out here. Actually, it's the hot guys that live in the next building that keep me from doing that more than the suntanning girls at the pool.It's the thin little things I'm avoiding. I figure why waste my time. Next year. Next year. I'm only 20 pounds away now.

BigMeatballDave
06-25-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm on vacation 'til July 5th! Just gonna take my son and hang out with family...