PDA

View Full Version : According to KFFL, and Len Pasquarelli........

RedThat
06-25-2005, 10:08 AM
the Chiefs still appear to be interested in Law, and are monitoring his situation with his foot very closely.

John_Wayne
06-25-2005, 10:36 AM
On one hand, this is good news. On the other hand, I'm sure there are a zillion other teams, with more money than us, doing the same thing. It's a long shot. But I hope we sign him for the right price and he plays like his former self!

It's my birthday today. I can make a wish, can't I?

InChiefsHell
06-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey, anything is possible. Derrick Johnson was not supposed to make it to the 15th pick either...

...believe...

Cochise
06-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Bring him in if we can. Who else are we saving the cap room for?

Manila-Chief
06-25-2005, 11:10 AM
On one hand, this is good news. On the other hand, I'm sure there are a zillion other teams, with more money than us, doing the same thing. It's a long shot. But I hope we sign him for the right price and he plays like his former self!

Happy Birthday!!! May I have a share in that B'day wish list!!!

But, the only "right price" that I'm concenerned about is if it will fit with in the salary cap for this year.

I know it is an extremely long shot ... but, hey, so were Surtain, Knight, Bell, Johnson ... so, one more long shot may be makeable....

Mr. Kotter
06-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Hey, anything is possible. Derrick Johnson was not supposed to make it to the 15th pick either...

...believe...

We'd probably have to dump a couple of people to make room under the cap for him....Woods, Hicks (highly unlikely), someone else.....and renegotiate a contract or two. Either way, as much as I'd like to shoot the wad this year, the long term cap effect probably makes it unlikely... :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
06-25-2005, 11:12 AM
...It's my birthday today. I can make a wish, can't I?

Happy BD, dude.

Ari Chi3fs
06-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Happy Birthday GoontherPhan!

RedThat
06-25-2005, 11:20 AM

Happy Birthday Gunther_Fan. What's your wish?

Tuckdaddy
06-25-2005, 12:25 PM
If we sign Law we would have gone from the worst secondary to the best in one season. We are not the worst right now. Warfield, Surtain, Knight and Wesley will be one the best but Law would make us number one for sure.

sparkky
06-25-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm really beginning to think Woods and/or Bartee is toast. Just too many bodies at safety now and some of the younger guys didn't look all that bad in backup roles last year and make WAYYYYYYYYY less money.
I also expect Hicks to be asked to restructure "or else". His loss wouldn't be any big thing IMHO.
That being said, I think the odds of getting Law are slim. Too many teams with more available $$$ to compete with.

foxman
06-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I am very intersted in the new 6 series BMW convertible ($84,000) and am monitering the price closely. If they cut it in half and in half again I will probably make them an offer.

This pretty much Mirrors the Chiefs with regards to to Law.

let me know if I can be of any further assistance in this matter.

Gravedigger
06-25-2005, 03:45 PM
I love this situation cause we lost battle but we could get law which forced Carl to act. THank you Julian Battle for taking one for the team :clap:

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I wonder what the meldown will be like when we sign Beasley and not law.

KCJake
06-25-2005, 04:16 PM

Happy Birthday :toast:

htismaqe
06-25-2005, 04:41 PM

I'd rather have Beasley.

craneref
06-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I am very intersted in the new 6 series BMW convertible ($84,000) and am monitering the price closely. If they cut it in half and in half again I will probably make them an offer.

So you are saying that we still have a 1 in 4 chance to sign Law, YES! :p

NJ Chief Fan
06-25-2005, 05:50 PM
believe and you can achieve

milkman
06-25-2005, 06:12 PM

Speaking of, has there been any news regarding the CBs that were supposed to visit on Thursday?

BigChiefFan
06-25-2005, 06:14 PM
We'd probably have to dump a couple of people to make room under the cap for him....Woods, Hicks (highly unlikely), someone else.....and renegotiate a contract or two. Either way, as much as I'd like to shoot the wad this year, the long term cap effect probably makes it unlikely... :hmmm:
We could dump Woods. Come to a salary agreement with Barber and Maslowski, cut a couple of scrubs and it would be money well spent, IMO.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-25-2005, 06:27 PM
What Would Athan Do if law signs elsewhere

Reaper16
06-25-2005, 06:29 PM
What Would Athan Do if law signs elsewhere

Talk about our offseason mistakes.
1. Not signing Ty Law
2. Not drafting Erasmus Jones. :)

Wile_E_Coyote
06-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Talk about our offseason mistakes.
1. Not signing Ty Law
2. Not drafting Erasmus Jones.

No matter what happens with Law, I think he shots himself

keg in kc
06-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Speaking of, has there been any news regarding the CBs that were supposed to visit on Thursday?I haven't heard anything.

WolfDawg
06-25-2005, 09:04 PM
The browns board has the same type of Rumor that Romeo wants to bring Law in.

Wallcrawler
06-26-2005, 01:32 AM
I dont really see Shawn Barber being retained much longer.

Bell is a lock, and Derrick Johnson will most likely start as well.

That leaves Shawn Barber as around a 5 million dollar backup with a rebuilt knee.

Im seeing an injury settlement in his future I think. I just dont see how the Chiefs can afford to retain him at that price, when he isnt even going to be starting. Word is that he will begin TC on the PUP list.

I would rather see that money put toward a chance on Law or any other high level defender, rather than pay 5 million for a backup linebacker.

Mr. Kotter
06-26-2005, 01:36 AM
I dont really see Shawn Barber being retained much longer.

Bell is a lock, and Derrick Johnson will most likely start as well.

That leaves Shawn Barber as around a 5 million dollar backup with a rebuilt knee.

Im seeing an injury settlement in his future I think. I just dont see how the Chiefs can afford to retain him at that price, when he isnt even going to be starting. Word is that he will begin TC on the PUP list.

I would rather see that money put toward a chance on Law or any other high level defender, rather than pay 5 million for a backup linebacker.

The injury needs to heal before the Chief's can dump him, I think....but, yeah, he and Woods are damn expensive back-ups. :banghead:

J Diddy
06-26-2005, 01:48 AM
I'd rather have Beasley.

Me too.

royr17
06-26-2005, 01:54 AM
when barber signed it was for what 35 million for 7 years wasnt it ?

keg in kc
06-26-2005, 02:58 AM
The injury needs to heal before the Chief's can dump him, I think....As far as I know, they can do an injury settlement with him at any time. I'm not sure I understand the logic of keeping him through camp and putting him on the PUP list to begin the season, but I guess that's what we're doing.when barber signed it was for what 35 million for 7 years wasnt it ?7-years, 30 million, 5.5 million signing bonus, about 4 million of which is still on the books.

royr17
06-26-2005, 03:04 AM
Well what he got was far too much, he aint even worth that, Barber wasnt worth it, McCleon wasnt worth what he got, and Holliday wasnt worth what he got.

Chiefaholic
06-26-2005, 03:51 AM

I love it when some of the people act as if they work in the front office of the Chiefs. Either you guys didn't hear Lynn Stiles interview, or refuse to believe it because his words don't support your idea that it's impossible for the Chiefs to sign Law. In Lynn's words, "It's possible to sign Law to a contract in KC. It's just a matter of how much money we want to defer in the future."

All they have to do is restructure here, cut a dead beat there, and take the cap hit later on. It IS possible, and the Chiefs ARE considering the option of bringing him in depending on the recovery of his injury.

Will they sign Law? Who knows... It depends on how rich he wants to be THIS year, and how well his foot heals. It has nothing to do with "a zillion other teams having more cap space than us".

htismaqe
06-26-2005, 05:46 AM
Well what he got was far too much, he aint even worth that, Barber wasnt worth it, McCleon wasnt worth what he got, and Holliday wasnt worth what he got.

Barber was absolutely worth what he got. He didn't suck prior to coming to KC. :banghead:

Mr. Laz
06-26-2005, 11:25 AM
any team can sign pretty much any player they REALLY want to.

we have players we can cut ... we have contracts we can restructure.

the question is, do the chiefs REALLY want law and is Hunt willing to foot the bill.

htismaqe
06-26-2005, 11:41 AM
any team can sign pretty much any player they REALLY want to sign.

we have players we can cut ... we have contracts we can restructure.

the question is, do the chiefs REALLY want law and is Hunt willing to foot the bill.

Hopefully the Chiefs pass on Law.

Cochise
06-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Barber was absolutely worth what he got. He didn't suck prior to coming to KC. :banghead:

Just one of many guys who get beat up around here for no reason. The one guy on the front seven who has been a good player in this league probably isn't the problem, it is probably the other 6 guys who have always sucked donkey balls.

Mr. Laz
06-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Just one of many guys who get beat up around here for no reason. The one guy on the front seven who has been a good player in this league probably isn't the problem, it is probably the other 6 guys who have always sucked donkey balls.

while i'll agree that barber doesn't "suck" ... i've seen him beaten several times that was just on him.

step slow in coverage ... missed tackles

he's hardly without fault in the situation

mistakes breed mistakes .... hopefully we have broken that circle of poor play and wussy attitudes.

foxman
06-26-2005, 12:51 PM
I love it when some of the people act as if they work in the front office of the Chiefs. Either you guys didn't hear Lynn Stiles interview, or refuse to believe it because his words don't support your idea that it's impossible for the Chiefs to sign Law. In Lynn's words, "It's possible to sign Law to a contract in KC. It's just a matter of how much money we want to defer in the future."

All they have to do is restructure here, cut a dead beat there, and take the cap hit later on. It IS possible, and the Chiefs ARE considering the option of bringing him in depending on the recovery of his injury.

Will they sign Law? Who knows... It depends on how rich he wants to be THIS year, and how well his foot heals. It has nothing to do with "a zillion other teams having more cap space than us".

Come down off that mountain for a moment. Do you really want to invest big cap strapping bucs in a 30+ corner coming off an injury that allowed to play half of last year? I know how rank our defense has been and how frustrating it is to see this good of an offense get old waiting on the defense, but I am not ready to do that kind of damage to the future of our teams cap for one and the other aspect is Law. I still think Law will bring in a nice payday beginning this year be it from Jacksonville or some other suiter and as good as he has been I am just not thriled beyond a very cap friendly deal.

Oh and I was serious about that Bimmer.

philfree
06-26-2005, 01:16 PM

If Law is proven healthy enough we could sign him and cut or trade Warfield. He's pretty deep into his contract so his pro-rated bonus shouldn't kill us and he's gotta be a pretty good cap hit with his salary at this point in the contract so.....and then there's that suspension thing and the fact that he's a repeat drunk driver to go with it. I like Warfield and I think he's a decent CB and all and I'm not saying this is what I want but it does make sense. Now if he'd take a pay cut to play $.05 then we'd have an incredible 2ndary.

PhilFree:arrow:

jiveturkey
06-26-2005, 01:26 PM
If Law is proven healthy enough we could sign him and cut or trade Warfield. He's pretty deep into his contract so his pro-rated bonus shouldn't kill us and he's gotta be a pretty good cap hit with his salary at this point in the contract so.....and then there's that suspension thing and the fact that he's a repeat drunk driver to go with it. I like Warfield and I think he's a decent CB and all and I'm not saying this is what I want but it does make sense. Now if he'd take a pay cut to play $.05 then we'd have an incredible 2ndary.

PhilFree:arrow:Why wouldn't you cut McLeon or Barber or Maz or Woods first?

ct
06-26-2005, 03:31 PM
I'd rather have Beasley.

Agree, not because I think he's better, but better for the $, relatively speaking.

So still nobody has heard anything on the alleged CB visits? I'm still wondering if it happened at all.