PDA

View Full Version : Is this fair?

cmh6476
06-25-2005, 11:03 PM
http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132466

Offense:

QB, HB, FB, TE, and OL are pretty set for the Chiefs. Trent is backed up by Todd Colins (who I feel could step in and be serviceable) along with Casey Clausen and the rookie we drafted for the 3rd/ PS positions! Priest and LJ is prolly the best #1,2 punch in the league, and I like what I'm hearing about our competition for the 3rd position. Best TE group in the league with Gonzo, Dunn and Wilson. Best FB tandem in the league with T-Rich and newly acquired Robert Holcombe. What I've heard on the O-Line is that we've got 8 solid players. Wellbourne is moving from our starting RT and will backup Shields and Waters at G. Roaf is solid at LT, Weigmann solid at C, and Black, Sampson or Bober can all play RT. Injuries could hurt us here, but I like the depth as well!

Only question mark is WR, but even that I think will be fine with as much as the defense SHOULD be improved!

Defense:

D-Line will still be a question mark IMO. Can Jared Allen step right back in and continue on the pace he was the end of last season? I don't know how many years I keep asking this, but will Eric Hicks return to the form he used to have the first time Gunther was our D-corrdinator? Or will he continue to disappoint? And will Carlos make a nice rotational fill-in, or could Jimmy Wilkerson possibly step up and make some noise?

DT is about the same situation. Can Browning, Dalton, Sims and Siavii get the job done? Sims is another disappointment that needs to finally step it up.

LB, the main question is health! Can Kendrell Bell stay healthy and stay on the field? Will Derrick Johnson step right in and make an impact? They both have the speed we need on the outside. Can Kawika Mitchell become the leader we need him to be in the middle? Can a couple guys out of Fujita, Fox, Scanlon, or Grigsby step in and have a presence?

At corner our big ? is will Eric Warfield be suspended 0, 2 or 4 games. Even if he is, Surtian/ McCleon should be better than Warfield/ McCleon from the start of last season. And we do have our toughest matchups at the very beginning of the season, so his suspension could have a really big impact! Once he comes back though we should be fine with Kinght/ Wesley and Woods all in the mix at safety!

Kicker we sould be ok with Tynes. he should be able to make 99% of his EPs we need him to ;)

And I liked what I saw out of our rookie punter at last Saturday's practice. I've heard the questions there are his time to get the ball of and consistency. Still should be better than Steve "sweet" Cheeks ;)

cmh6476
06-25-2005, 11:06 PM
tyhats one big fockin offense and defense :eek:

Nelson Muntz
06-26-2005, 02:19 AM
http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132466

Defense:

I don't know how many years I keep asking this, but will Eric Hicks return to the form he used to have the first time Gunther was our D-corrdinator? Or will he continue to disappoint?

How many f***ing years has that been now?

Mr. Kotter
06-26-2005, 02:26 AM

He had his "career season" in 2000...he's milked it for 5 yrs; the dude better be a monster this year, or Carlos Hall or Jimmy Wilkerson better send his azz to the bench.... :banghead:

cmh6476
06-26-2005, 12:54 PM
too many :(

whoman69
06-26-2005, 09:02 PM
He had his "career season" in 2000...he's milked it for 5 yrs; the dude better be a monster this year, or Carlos Hall or Jimmy Wilkerson better send his azz to the bench.... :banghead:
This shows how desperate we are when we are depending on Wilkerson to be anything except the perennial backup.

mlyonsd
06-26-2005, 09:03 PM
All I have to say is if Green goes down we're doomed.

milkman
06-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Didn't Clausen already get the axe?

HemiEd
06-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Didn't Clausen already get the axe?

Yep, we got Huard and Kilian behind Trent and Todd.