PDA

View Full Version : "This can't be happening!!! They're double-teaming me on every play."

T-post Tom
06-26-2005, 01:06 AM
...You might not be familiar with Jordan Black, but Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis knows who he is. Black pancaked Lewis in a Monday game last season. The favorite to start at right tackle for the Chiefs, Black will be playing among a cluster of Pro Bowl players -- left tackle Willie Roaf, left guard Brian Waters, right guard Will Shields and tight end Tony Gonzalez. He also will be blocking for Priest Holmes, one of the game's most dazzling runners.

from http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/dan-pompei/20050624.html

ENDelt260
06-26-2005, 03:12 AM
That and Gunther talking shit to the fans outside the press box were two great highlights of that game.

keg in kc
06-26-2005, 03:15 AM
The ironic thing about that article is that right now Kevin Sampson is the favorite to start, not Black.

beer bacon
06-26-2005, 03:19 AM
It is comforting to know that one of the main factors in the Ravens switching to a 46 defense was our blocker's manhandling of Ray Ray.

CanadianChief
06-26-2005, 01:47 PM
I thought Welbourne would be starting at Right Tackle???

Chiefaholic
06-26-2005, 01:49 PM
They showed that very video on the Jumbotron last weekend at the public minicamo at Arrowhead. You know that'll make next years team video, which is reason enough to pick it up.

Bowser
06-26-2005, 01:53 PM
I thought Welbourne would be starting at Right Tackle???

Nope. He's our backup guard now.

Thig Lyfe
06-26-2005, 01:53 PM
ooooh does anybody have a .GIF of Ray Ray bitching or Gunther pwning?

DRU
06-26-2005, 09:10 PM
ooooh does anybody have a .GIF of Ray Ray bitching or Gunther pwning?

I've got actual AVI clips of both of those moments. In fact, many of us should because I posted the torrent a long while back and I believe it was a pretty popular one. If you can't grab it from somebody let me know and I'll post links.

suds79
06-26-2005, 09:31 PM
sporting news doesn't know what they're talking about.

DV said in an interivew just last week that Sampson is the fav to start.

Jordan Black is giong to ride the bench this year and probably be the guy to replace Will Shields if that doesn't go to John W. next year.

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2005, 09:37 PM
sporting news doesn't know what they're talking about.

DV said in an interivew just last week that Sampson is the fav to start.

Jordan Black is giong to ride the bench this year and probably be the guy to replace Will Shields if that doesn't go to John W. next year.Actually, I think Black will still start at RT, but he'll be Roaf's replacement when he retires.

BigRedChief
06-26-2005, 10:02 PM
And besides I though Will and Tony Richardson were doing most of the blocking that night on Ray Ray?