PDA

View Full Version : !@#$%^ Internet Explorer

Lzen
06-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Ok, I normally use Firefox for my web browsing. However, once in awhile I run across something that requires IE. I'm trying to download a free song that I got for buying a pack of batteries at Walmart and, of course, the stupid site recognized that I was using Firefox and requested that I access it with IE. :banghead: I click on IE and a window pops up that says the page you requested cannot be viewed offline and asks if I want to connect or work offline.

First, I thought that was only a thing with dial-up. But I run dsl through a router. Plus, I have no problem getting online with Firefox. Even if I click the connect option (and yes, dsl is the type of connection that is selected under the drop down menu), I get nothing. Says dialing attempt unsuccessful. WTF? Anyone else ever have this problem?

dirk digler
06-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Just hit connect and also check your Internet Options. Go to the Connections tab and see if you have a dial up connection and select the never dial a connection radio button.

Lzen
06-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Yep, already been through all that. Still nothing.

Lzen
06-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out on my own. For some strange reason, Zone Alarm was blocking IE. I didn't set it up to do that so I don't know how it ended up that way. Guess that should've been one of the first things I checked. lol Oh well, live and learn.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
06-26-2005, 03:40 PM
use Kazaa.

AeroSquid
06-26-2005, 04:23 PM
use Kazaa.

protect yourself- http://methlabs.org/

Lzen
06-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Not sure what the heck you guys are trying to say other than just being smartasses, NTTAWT. Funny thing is Zone Alarm in my kids PC decided to all of a sudden block their PC's IP address from accessing the wireless router. 2 different PCs and both the Zone Alarms changed things. That is weird. I've never had problems with ZA before.