PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question

alnorth
06-26-2005, 09:10 AM
I got a simple question about one of those things that people should probably just know without needing to ask.

I ran out of checks for my checking account and I was bored of the boring old plain design from the bank, didnt like their style choices, so I ordered some checks from some company on the internet. The checks look fine, except I stupidly forgot to put down the bank's address where you usually see it under the amount line to the left. It just says "Commerce Bank", and thats it, with the routing and account numbers at the bottom like normal.

Are merchants going to refuse to accept these checks or can I just use them? Is that bank address really necessary at all?

Bowser
06-26-2005, 09:19 AM
You wouldn't think, since the routing number is there. And you can still use them for your mail in bills. If they'll take counter checks, they should take those checks, imo.

trndobrd
06-26-2005, 09:23 AM
I got a simple question about one of those things that people should probably just know without needing to ask.

I ran out of checks for my checking account and I was bored of the boring old plain design from the bank, didnt like their style choices, so I ordered some checks from some company on the internet. The checks look fine, except I stupidly forgot to put down the bank's address where you usually see it under the amount line to the left. It just says "Commerce Bank", and thats it, with the routing and account numbers at the bottom like normal.

Are merchants going to refuse to accept these checks or can I just use them? Is that bank address really necessary at all?

Since you already ordered them, you might as well just try it out. I doubt there will be any problem. I can see two scenarios:

You are at any store in the mall writing a check, the highschool dropout at the register is only semi-literate anyway, so she's not going to miss all those "extra words and stuff" on the bottom of your check. Fortunately, the routing number is all they go off.

You are at the Hicksville Co-op paying for some diesel, some seed and a sasparilla stick for the young'un. Old man Jenkins working behind the register might look over your check carefully, but bein as it's Tuesday and Lulu's Lunch Counter has chicken fried steak on special and the Commerce bank is right around the corner, he can just drop it off after lunch. He knows where the bank is without the address on the check.

chiefs4me
06-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Since you already ordered them, you might as well just try it out. I doubt there will be any problem. I can see two scenarios:

You are at any store in the mall writing a check, the highschool dropout at the register is only semi-literate anyway, so she's not going to miss all those "extra words and stuff" on the bottom of your check. Fortunately, the routing number is all they go off.

You are at the Hicksville Co-op paying for some diesel, some seed and a sasparilla stick for the young'un. Old man Jenkins working behind the register might look over your check carefully, but bein as it's Tuesday and Lulu's Lunch Counter has chicken fried steak on special and the Commerce bank is right around the corner, he can just drop it off after lunch. He knows where the bank is without the address on the check.

ROFL.......very funny

He could always spend today writing the bank address on all of the checks.:)

alnorth
06-26-2005, 09:38 AM
ROFL.......very funny

He could always spend today writing the bank address on all of the checks.:)

pfft, that aint gonna happen! Though I guess I might need to memorize my bank's address in case some picky checker demands it.

chiefs4me
06-26-2005, 10:28 AM
pfft, that aint gonna happen! Though I guess I might need to memorize my bank's address in case some picky checker demands it.

or write it on a piece of paper and keep it in your checkbook......:)

alnorth
06-26-2005, 10:33 AM
or write it on a piece of paper and keep it in your checkbook......:)

naw, that would make way too much sence