PDA

View Full Version : Just watched "The Aviator"

Deberg_1990
06-26-2005, 09:50 AM
That Howard Hughes was one weird cat. Pretty good flick though. I would recommend it. Overall Hughes was quite an aviation innovator. I didnt realize he had broken many speed records of the era.

Bowser
06-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Anybody that saves his clipped toenails in a jar automatically earns the "wierd cat" moniker.

Ultra Peanut
06-26-2005, 10:09 AM
What the $@%?! It's that bloody squirrel. Quick, back into character!

Fat Elvis
06-26-2005, 10:12 AM
It's the wave of the future.

Fat Elvis
06-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Anybody that saves his clipped toenails in a jar automatically earns the "wierd cat" moniker.

I once had a friend who was strung out on crank that was saving his poop and urine in jars.

It was at that point he was taken to rehab.

We can laugh about it now, but it was pretty strange at the time.

Bowser
06-26-2005, 10:23 AM
I once had a friend who was strung out on crank that was saving his poop and urine in jars.

We can laugh about it now, but it was pretty strange at the time.

T = Too

M = Much

I = Information

Yikes.

Deberg_1990
06-26-2005, 10:25 AM

Ya think???

Miles
06-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Before seeing it I didnt know that much about him other than the spruce goose and being from Houston. I had heard that he was a little off but nothing like that.

Really good fick as well. I used to be really into planes when I was younger so I really enjoyed this one.

go bowe
06-26-2005, 12:53 PM

We can laugh about it now, but it was pretty strange at the time.wow, you guys have pretty weird crank around there...

foxman
06-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Ya think???

Beat me too it.
ROFL

keg in kc
06-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Keeping shit in jars is really f*cked up.

I use old gatorade bottles myself.

Rain Man
06-26-2005, 01:47 PM
I really enjoyed that movie. Howard has moxie.

The only part I didn't like was the Kate Hepburn character. She annoyed me so much that I wanted to throw a jar of my urine at the screen.

dirk digler
06-26-2005, 02:44 PM
I really enjoyed that movie. Howard has moxie.

The only part I didn't like was the Kate Hepburn character. She annoyed me so much that I wanted to throw a jar of my urine at the screen.

I was really looking forward to this movie but I thought the movie sucked. I couldn't wait for it to end. I can't believe it was nominated for an Oscar.
I agree with you on Kate. I hope that isn't what she really looked like back then because she was damn ugly.

Deberg_1990
06-26-2005, 05:46 PM
I was really looking forward to this movie but I thought the movie sucked. I couldn't wait for it to end. I can't believe it was nominated for an Oscar.
I agree with you on Kate. I hope that isn't what she really looked like back then because she was damn ugly.

It wasnt crap. It was far from Martin Scorcese at the top of his game though. To me, it didnt feel like a Scorcese film at all. It was however very well made.

Thig Lyfe
06-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Meh... I didn't enjoy it.

Douche Baggins
06-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I loathe any movie with Leonardo DiCrapio.

Jenson71
06-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Scorsese's last two films have been bigger, but not better.

Douche Baggins
06-26-2005, 05:55 PM

I probably would have seen it if he hadn't cast Crapio.

Jenson71
06-26-2005, 05:57 PM

DiCaprio was a producer. He was in on this before Scorsese was.

Douche Baggins
06-26-2005, 05:58 PM
DiCaprio was a producer. He was in on this before Scorsese was.

Figures. ****er.

ChiefsGirl
06-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I thought the movie was too long. zzzz

Miles
06-26-2005, 08:08 PM

I used to hate him as well, which was mostly due to that f*cking Titanic movie. DiCaprio was actually pretty damn good in the Aviator as well as his last few movies.

Douche Baggins
06-26-2005, 08:18 PM
He's never been good in anything. He's an annoying prettyboy with very little talent. And he looks like a cartoon.

Ninjaman
06-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Acting isn't that hard. The movie studios love DiCaprio because of the women he attracts. Same with Cruise. Thats why I cant stand them .

There are way better actors who you will never see because they don't pull in the women $$$ to the box office.

Miles
06-26-2005, 08:22 PM

I agree, but I thought the Aviator was just as good as most of his older stuff. Not him at his absolute best, but not too far off.

Douche Baggins
06-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Acting isn't that hard. The movie studios love DiCaprio because of the women he attracts. Same with Cruise. Thats why I cant stand them .

There are way better actors who you will never see because they don't pull in the women $$$ to the box office.

Crapio hasn't done shit in a long time. It's obvious he funded part of the film so he could land a role in a "big name movie."

And Tom Cruise is much, much better.

milkman
06-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Crapio hasn't done shit in a long time. It's obvious he funded part of the film so he could land a role in a "big name movie."

And Tom Cruise is much, much better.

Uh.....No, he's not.

Douche Baggins
06-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Uh.....No, he's not.

Yes, he is. He's landed dozens of roles in great films consistently. Crapio doesn't even compare.

milkman
06-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Yes, he is. He's landed dozens of roles in great films consistently. Crapio doesn't even compare.

And he's sucked in almost every one of them.

I'd really like to see War of the Worlds, but, like DiCaprio, I find Tom Cruise unwatchable.
That's probably a blessing, 'cause I'm always disappointed in remakes anyway.

Douche Baggins
06-26-2005, 08:34 PM
And he's sucked in almost every one of them.

I'd really like to see War of the Worlds, but, like DiCaprio, I find Tom Cruise unwatchable.
That's probably a blessing, 'cause I'm always disappointed in remakes anyway.

Tom Cruise isn't the greatest actor, but I think he's tons better than Crapio.

And I really liked him in Last Samurai.

milkman
06-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Tom Cruise isn't the greatest actor, but I think he's tons better than Crapio.

And I really liked him in Last Samurai.

I watched that movie, because my wife wanted to see it (and she liked it, go figure).

I don't know if the movie was bad, or if it just seemed that way because I kept waiting for Cruise to do some actual acting.

Miles
06-26-2005, 08:43 PM

His last two movies before The Aviator, were Gangs of New York (Scorsese), and Catch Me If You Can(Spielberg). Both were very big name movies.

Douche Baggins
06-26-2005, 08:44 PM
His last two movies before The Aviator, were Gangs of New York (Scorsese), and Catch Me If You Can(Spielberg). Both were very big name movies.

Like I said, very little. His career peaked early.

Miles
06-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Like I said, very little. His career peaked early.

Two highly acclaimed and successful Scorsese movies and a Spielberg film since 2002 is very little?

Jenson71
06-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Tonight I saw Cinderella Man. It's just one big cliche. Just...uncreative. And I can't tolerate Renee Whatever.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-26-2005, 11:19 PM
I thought it was ok.

I like Cruise, btw. I think he's a good actor. Leo is ok, but not that good.

BTW, I saw War of the Worlds in a private thingy thing this weekend, it was awesome. That little girl is a good actress as well.

Ultra Peanut
06-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Tonight I saw Cinderella Man. It's just one big cliche. Just...uncreative. And I can't tolerate Renee Whatever.Nillawigger?

Phobia
06-27-2005, 07:21 AM
We watched it last night. I felt like maybe they could have cut out a little filler to make it a decent length. It was kinda boring, but I was interested in the story and I thought LD did a nice job.