PDA

View Full Version : Sonoma

chiefs4me
06-26-2005, 03:14 PM
The Dodge/Savemart 350 is on right now. Anybody besides me watching it? It's a road course....which is always fun to watch. PBJ

Rain Man
06-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Is it some kind of wine-tasting tour?

chiefs4me
06-26-2005, 03:41 PM

oh my gosh...Kyle Petty just led a lap, a whole lap. Unblievable...the boy hardly ever even finishes a race let alone ever lead one. Way to go Kyle...

chiefs4me
06-26-2005, 03:42 PM
I got so excited about Petty, I forgot to answer your question, it could be about wine if you wanted......ROFL

Donger
06-26-2005, 03:45 PM
The Dodge/Savemart 350 is on right now. Anybody besides me watching it? It's a road course....which is always fun to watch. PBJ

Let me guess; those NASCAR drivers all left the track at the approach of the first right turn.

chief52
06-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes, I am keeping an eye on it. Being a 24 fan, I am sure you enjoy watching Sonoma. Gordon runs real well there back near his home town.

Donger
06-26-2005, 03:49 PM

Heh. That was my first thought upon seeing the thread title. Then I saw who posted it.

Mr. Laz
06-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Being a 24 fan, I am sure you enjoy watching Sonoma. Gordon runs real well there back near his home town.
punk locks a tranny .... down for the count

:clap: :clap:

:p

Over-Head
06-26-2005, 04:19 PM
I used to watch it quite a bit, but when the 3rd guy who really excited the track died, I kinda gave up on it.

Rip:
Dave, Allan, Davey
3 legends, who died well before they should have. :(

Now on to a question for you die hard fans.
What's with all the bitching about restrictor plates on the high-speed tracks?

The drivers argue that it bunches the pack, and is dangerous. They of course want to go even faster.
As I understand it, NASCAR has the rules in place to "level the playing field" so to speak.
If this is the case then wtf difference does it make if ALL the cars are left as is or if they put an IDENTICLE plate under everyone's carb, either way it's the same.
If their supposed to be "equal" wouldn't they bunch up anyway?

Hydrae
06-26-2005, 04:37 PM
It is on in the background but I am not a fan of the road courses. Give me a small track any day.

keg in kc
06-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Way to go Kyle...Hey, thanks. Uh, what did I do?

Skip Towne
06-26-2005, 04:48 PM
How's Danica doing?

Ultra Peanut
06-26-2005, 05:10 PM
punk locks a trannyLet my people go!

Mr. Laz
06-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Let my people go!
ok tranny, you can go

NTTAWWT :thailor:

chiefs4me
06-26-2005, 05:16 PM
punk locks a tranny .... down for the count

:clap: :clap:

:p

:rolleyes: it did not lock up, and he was only out for a minute...he led for over 30 laps...I don't expect him to win every race. Besides, I am always happy with whoever wins as long is it is not crybaby Stewart....Jarrett might actually get one today...:p

chiefs4me
06-26-2005, 05:19 PM
How's Danica doing?

oh she's in first place skip.....

Skip Towne
06-26-2005, 05:27 PM
oh she's in first place skip.....
Yeah Danica. She's coming to Kansas next weekend. I'm going to try to go.

chiefs4me
06-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah Danica. She's coming to Kansas next weekend. I'm going to try to go.

skip....:banghead: I was only joking with you. She does not race in nascar which is what I watch. But I am glad you are going to a race, even if it is just to see a chick.:p

and yea, crybaby Stewart won, but he hasn't won a race in a year...so he can have one....but only one.ROFL

mlyonsd
06-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Road racing in NASCAR should be eliminated. There's nothing more boring.

Skip Towne
06-26-2005, 09:08 PM
skip....:banghead: I was only joking with you. She does not race in nascar which is what I watch. But I am glad you are going to a race, even if it is just to see a chick.:p

and yea, crybaby Stewart won, but he hasn't won a race in a year...so he can have one....but only one.ROFL
Oh, he's a crybaby? Use this smilie :crybaby:

HemiEd
06-26-2005, 09:21 PM
oh my gosh...Kyle Petty just led a lap, a whole lap. Unblievable...the boy hardly ever even finishes a race let alone ever lead one. Way to go Kyle...

He has not been the same since his son was killed. Can not say as I blame him.

Now on to a question for you die hard fans.
What's with all the bitching about restrictor plates on the high-speed tracks?

It boils down to "throttle response" which is very important in controlling the car. The restrictor plates make the cars take forever to get up to speed. If they have to hit the brakes, they do not have the throttle response to manuver or get back up to speed.

chief52
06-26-2005, 09:58 PM
He has not been the same since his son was killed. Can not say as I blame him.

It boils down to "throttle response" which is very important in controlling the car. The restrictor plates make the cars take forever to get up to speed. If they have to hit the brakes, they do not have the throttle response to maneuver or get back up to speed.

or to pass. Hit the throttle and take off normally. Just cruise along in line in a restrictor plate race. They can not get separation.

Reaper16
06-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Road racing in NASCAR should be eliminated. There's nothing more boring.

Actually, it's the exact opposite of what you said. But thanks for playing.

Reaper16
06-26-2005, 11:00 PM
BTW - Infinion Raceway rules! It's my favorite Gran Turismo 4 track, to boot. :drool: