PDA

View Full Version : NEED IMMEDIATE HELP

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-26-2005, 09:11 PM
My wife installed this piece of shit Kodak easyshare software on my computer, I have uninstalled it, reinstalled, unistalled it trying to get the piece of shit out of here. Every time I restart my computer it shows back up in my program tray, even though I have uninstalled it. It does not show up on my control panel to remove the program. Also I get an error message at start up about some friggin backweb.dll not being a valid windows image, and another error with code 193. HELP how do I get this piece of shit off my computer!

I am running Windows XP with all the current updates and all.

Otter
06-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Start > Run and type in "regedit".

Do a search on every instance of that program and delete it from your registry.

Also, type in "msconfig" from a command line and goto the "startup" tab and make sure anything associated with that program is unchecked. If you can do step one correctly that shouldn't be an issue but it's a backup plan.

If that's confusing then don't do it.

htismaqe
06-27-2005, 05:06 AM
If you want, run HijackThis on your computer and post the log here. We can tell you what to get rid of if need be.

htismaqe
06-27-2005, 05:06 AM
BTW, Kodak Easyshare sucks.

the Talking Can
06-27-2005, 05:29 AM
XP will download your photos without that crappy piece of software. Just connect your camera and a wizard should pop up to copy the photos.

Of course, Kodak won't tell you this.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-27-2005, 06:17 AM
XP will download your photos without that crappy piece of software. Just connect your camera and a wizard should pop up to copy the photos.

Of course, Kodak won't tell you this.

Yes I know, but my wife downloaded while I was not home thinking she needed it to see some pictures my mother in law sent her. Even though I told her to never install a program without me looking at it first. :cuss:

wutamess
06-27-2005, 07:15 AM
If you're not that comfortable with the registry just delete the one key...

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT VERSION\RUN\Kodak.*

Also get rid of any other key that seems to be some program. Can't really hurt anything by deleting the contents

*** CONTENTS ONLY *** DO NOT DELETE THE RUN KEY.

htismaqe
06-27-2005, 07:22 AM
If you're not that comfortable with the registry just delete the one key...

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT VERSION\RUN\Kodak.*

Also get rid of any other key that seems to be some program. Can't really hurt anything by deleting the contents

*** CONTENTS ONLY *** DO NOT DELETE THE RUN KEY.

HiJackThis really is easier.

BigRedChief
06-27-2005, 07:30 AM
HiJackThis really is easier.

As long as you pay strict attention to the last line.