PDA

View Full Version : I love HDTV

Marco Polo
06-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Watching SportsCenter on ESPNHD just makes me feel good. That is all.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Seconded. I love the people who say "I can't tell the difference!"

alpha_omega
06-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Agreed! HD is the ****!

KChiefs1
06-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Seconded. I love the people who say "I can't tell the difference!"

What dork said that??????? :shake:

Saulbadguy
06-27-2005, 06:42 PM
What dork said that??????? :shake:
Skip Towne. Heh. And other various technology-dislikers.

AeroSquid
06-27-2005, 06:52 PM
i just got a new video card with the express purpouse of playing some CS:S on my HDTV. It says in my TV's manual that it does not support pc/video card but i think i can make it work. The new vid card has a component out unlike my old 6800GT. new card is 7800GTX ;)

Skip Towne
06-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Skip Towne. Heh. And other various technology-dislikers.
I've had several customers express disappointment with it after I installed it. So has every installer. If you're going from analog cable to HD you probably think it's great. Going to it from Directv is another story. It has nothing to do with disliking technology, dipshit.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2005, 07:55 PM
I've had several customers express disappointment with it after I installed it. So has every installer. If you're going from analog cable to HD you probably think it's great. Going to it from Directv is another story. It has nothing to do with disliking technology, dipshit.
DirecTV is all digital, but HDTV really has nothing to do with it. Even the best all digital DirecTV channel can't hold a candle to an HDTV channel. All it has to do with is the pixels. What is a standard direcTV Channel run at? My guess is the same thing an analog cable channel runs at, 480i or 480p. An HDTV channel runs at 720p or 1080i. More pixels=clearer picture. That should be easy to understand, even for a Satellite TV installer. Dipshit. :)

Skip Towne
06-27-2005, 08:09 PM
DirecTV is all digital, but HDTV really has nothing to do with it. Even the best all digital DirecTV channel can't hold a candle to an HDTV channel. All it has to do with is the pixels. What is a standard direcTV Channel run at? My guess is the same thing an analog cable channel runs at, 480i or 480p. An HDTV channel runs at 720p or 1080i. More pixels=clearer picture. That should be easy to understand, even for a Satellite TV installer. Dipshit. :)
Directv claims to be around 600 lines of resolution. Why don't you do us both a favor and leave me out of your conversations. You have probably noticed I never respond to any of your posts that don't concern me. It's because I want nothing to do with you.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Directv claims to be around 600 lines of resolution. Why don't you do us both a favor and leave me out of your conversations. You have probably noticed I never respond to any of your posts that don't concern me. It's because I want nothing to do with you.
Heh. Why don't you read up on the technology before bashing it? And no, I haven't noticed. If you want nothing to do with me, feel free to ignore me. I wouldn't miss your repetitive, lame posting style.

Skip Towne
06-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Heh. Why don't you read up on the technology before bashing it? And no, I haven't noticed. If you want nothing to do with me, feel free to ignore me. I wouldn't miss your repetitive, lame posting style.
Oh, believe me, I ignore everything you say. I don't need to read up on anything. I'm reporting what my customers' reactions have been. As for my repetitive style, I've had 46 threads go over 100 replies. I doubt you have 10. Your shit is REALLY boring. I'm done with you now, goodbye.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh, believe me, I ignore everything you say. I don't need to read up on anything. I'm reporting what my customers' reactions have been. As for my repetitive style, I've had 46 threads go over 100 replies. I doubt you have 10. Your shit is REALLY boring. I'm done with you now, goodbye.
ROFL

This is just asking for the gochiefs image macro "Internet...serious stuff". You make fun of him for having no life, but look at yourself. A broken down old bag who lives his life through a message board. I feel for you. Well, not really.

As for the HDTV thing, I hope you feel good about being so wrong.

Zebedee DuBois
06-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Some people ignore the value of getting enough bran in their diet.

Pants
06-27-2005, 09:23 PM
i just got a new video card with the express purpouse of playing some CS:S on my HDTV. It says in my TV's manual that it does not support pc/video card but i think i can make it work. The new vid card has a component out unlike my old 6800GT. new card is 7800GTX ;)

Jesus f*cking Christ. Can I have the 6800GT please?

|Zach|
06-27-2005, 09:29 PM
I love HDl my parents have it. The very first thing I sat down and watched from beg to end in HD was the Raiders beating the Broncos in Invesco in the snow. Entertaining football game.

HemiEd
06-27-2005, 09:33 PM
I have HD Direct TV, the regular Direct TV of course, Comcast HD and regular Comcast. I can see a huge difference between 73 and 206 on Direct TV. My wife can not. :doh!: