PDA

View Full Version : Visual c++ .NET

WolfDawg
07-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Anyone here know visual C++ .NET? If so can you point me to some good online resources?

KC Jones
07-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Anyone here know visual C++ .NET? If so can you point me to some good online resources?

msdn.com

by why use a dead on delivery technology like that :D

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1820686,00.asp

Simplex3
07-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Even more, why would you go out of your way to use C++ to run a managed library like .NET? You won't be able to use any of the power of C++, but you'll get most of the headaches. Use C#. If you're familiar with C++ then C# will be a breeze and you'll find TONS of examples, books, online courseware, etc. for free.

WolfDawg
07-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Even more, why would you go out of your way to use C++ to run a managed library like .NET? You won't be able to use any of the power of C++, but you'll get most of the headaches. Use C#. If you're familiar with C++ then C# will be a breeze and you'll find TONS of examples, books, online courseware, etc. for free.

I'm familiar with C# and VB.NET, but it isn't my decision. The department I work in writes DLL's in C++.NET and thats the package they bought me. I am trying to convince them to get me the full visual studios edition.