PDA

View Full Version : CB/S Dwight Smith finds more trouble...

shaneo69
07-02-2005, 12:20 AM
After pleading guilty in 2003 to pulling a gun on a motorist, and then being arrested in March of 2005 for pulling a pellet gun on fans who approached him for an autograph (at 3:00 a.m. at a McDonald's), Dwight Smith has found more trouble.

The four-year veteran, who in March signed a five-year, $15 million contract with the Saints as an unrestricted free agent, was robbed at gunpoint in his hometown of Detroit Sunday night. Upon returning from a trip to a local market, Smith, who was visiting with relatives, was confronted by a man wielding an assault rifle. Smith was then forced to surrender two chains, a watch and a bracelet, valued at more than $100,000. He also lost about $4,000 in cash. Detroit police continue to investigate the incident. About the only saving grace: Smith, who played the first four seasons of his career with the Bucs, was not wearing the Super Bowl XXXVII ring he earned by intercepting two passes and returning both for touchdowns in the rout of the Raiders.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2097888&num=0

Reaper16
07-02-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm so glad we got Sammy Knight and not this guy.

go bowe
07-02-2005, 12:23 AM
that's why you don't take your fancy bling bling to the hood unless you have gun-toting bodyguards or an amored truck...

detroit can be some rough shit...

go bowe
07-02-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm so glad we got Sammy Knight and not this guy.you and me both, brother...