PDA

View Full Version : Am I dying?

Mr. Laz
07-02-2005, 08:07 PM
been freakin' dizzy for the last couple of days...

it's kinda like when you go out and get hammered but then only get a couple hours of sleep. When you wake up your still drunk ... not the normal kind of drunk but that bed spinning, slightly queasy kinda drunk.

no fever,no sniffles,no stuffy nose, no stomach ache, no real headache

the only thing that seems to be wrong is that my head won't stop
spinning. :cuss: :cuss:

permanently drunk or R.I.P?????

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Its all that liberal thinking...

Mr. Laz
07-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Its all that liberal thinking...

God is striking me down for not voting for Bush....

must be it :)

Skip Towne
07-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Yes, yes you are.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2005, 08:12 PM
God is striking me down for not voting for Bush....

must be it :)Now you got it!
:D

DenverChief
07-02-2005, 08:23 PM
my guess is a concussion...(have you hit your head lately?) you might want to see the doc if this has been going on for a while (more than a couple of days) sometimes the brain gets bumped and the swelling doesn't go down on its own ...usually treated with steroids

JimNasium
07-02-2005, 08:23 PM
If you ain't livin' you're dyin'. Time to start livin' boy.

WolfDawg
07-02-2005, 08:28 PM
I think the aliens are assualting your mind with death rays

quick go here and make one of these

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

Mr. Laz
07-02-2005, 08:29 PM
my guess is a concussion...(have you hit your head lately?) you might want to see the doc if this has been going on for a while (more than a couple of days) sometimes the brain gets bumped and the swelling doesn't go down on its own ...usually treated with steroids

think barry will loan me some?

DenverChief
07-02-2005, 08:31 PM
think barry will loan me some?ROFL

chiefs4me
07-02-2005, 08:33 PM
One of the first signs of being dehydrated is feeling lightheaded, sounds like you need some water.

WolfDawg
07-02-2005, 08:34 PM
or more beer

Ultra Peanut
07-02-2005, 08:36 PM
"We're all dying, Melissa."

Katipan
07-02-2005, 08:37 PM
I get that way when I lose too much iron.

I don't think you'd lose iron the same way I lose it. :p

Take vitamins

Tribal Warfare
07-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Am I dying?

Ferris to Cameron- No you're not dying. You just can't think of anything good to do

Mr. Laz
07-02-2005, 09:07 PM
One of the first signs of being dehydrated is feeling lightheaded, sounds like you need some water.

my first thought as well

consumed a couple gallons of water in the last 48 hours.... nada

also started eating more .... just in case

http://www.undergrad.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/~aestulin/images/dizzy.jpg

Skip Towne
07-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Sometimes I get lightheaded reading your posts. What should I do?

Rausch
07-02-2005, 09:29 PM
my first thought as well

consumed a couple gallons of water in the last 48 hours.... nada

also started eating more .... just in case

http://www.undergrad.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/~aestulin/images/dizzy.jpg

Could be an inner ear infection or common cold...

Brock
07-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Might have an inner ear infection.

As Rausch has already wisely pointed out. :harumph:

Rausch
07-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Might have an inner ear infection.

As Rausch has already wisely pointed out. :harumph:

Well, it could be a tumor... :shrug:

Phobia
07-02-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm poisoning you for not calling me in to fix your floor. Next time you'll call. You want me to stop now?

Phobia
07-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Seriously, though - is anybody else in the house experiencing these symptoms? Do you have a Carbon Monoxide detector?

KCFalcon59
07-02-2005, 09:44 PM
before you die can you send me a check for everything in your bank account. I will take good care of it. really!

Mr. Laz
07-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Seriously, though - is anybody else in the house experiencing these symptoms? Do you have a Carbon Monoxide detector?
everyone else went to the lake for few days for Holiday

no monoxide detectors that work

Mr. Laz
07-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm poisoning you for not calling me in to fix your floor. Next time you'll call. You want me to stop now?

yes please ... i've learn my lesson

Rausch
07-02-2005, 09:48 PM
everyone else went to the lake for few days for holliday

Something you can do right now that might help is take a multivitamin or eat a banana....

stevieray
07-02-2005, 09:49 PM
as opposed to an outer ear infection?

:)

Rausch
07-02-2005, 09:51 PM
as opposed to an outer ear infection?

:)

Exactly.

There are tons of different ear infections you can get...

Phobia
07-02-2005, 10:02 PM
everyone else went to the lake for few days for Holiday

You should open windows wide and get a monoxide detector first thing manana.

WolfDawg
07-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Exactly.

There are tons of different ear infections you can get...

yeah I had an inner ear infection last year and tried to just let it pass and it wound up spreading to the mastiod bone (the bone behind your ear) once the bone was infected my doctor sent me to the hospital, I was there for 4 days till they ot most the infection out and then they did surgery. I guess if you don't treat a mastiod infection aggressivley the infection can spread from there to the lining of your brain.

JimNasium
07-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Could be late-latent syphillis. That's bad by the way.

chiefs4me
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Sometimes I get lightheaded reading your posts. What should I do?

for that little problem..hmmm, let's see...oh yea, don't read em...;)

Jenny Gump
07-02-2005, 11:07 PM
been freakin' dizzy for the last couple of days...

it's kinda like when you go out and get hammered but then only get a couple hours of sleep. When you wake up your still drunk ... not the normal kind of drunk but that bed spinning, slightly queasy kinda drunk.

no fever,no sniffles,no stuffy nose, no stomach ache, no real headache

the only thing that seems to be wrong is that my head won't stop
spinning. :cuss: :cuss:

permanently drunk or R.I.P?????

Any new meds? Any headache? If no to those questions, my best guess is you might have an inner ear problem. Mild infection in the inner ear can cause a helluva spinning sensation. Your entire equilibrium is affected. Try taking some Antivert (over the counter, but you might have to ask the pharmacist for it). See if it alleviates your symptoms. If no, then you need to see the doc. Sorry if someone already suggested this, but Im a lazy ass and don't wanna read the whole thread.

4th and Long
07-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Any new meds? Any headache? If no to those questions, my best guess is you might have an inner ear problem. Mild infection in the inner ear can cause a helluva spinning sensation. Your entire equilibrium is affected. Try taking some Antivert (over the counter, but you might have to ask the pharmacist for it). See if it alleviates your symptoms. If no, then you need to see the doc. Sorry if someone already suggested this, but Im a lazy ass and don't wanna read the whole thread.
Even dust in your ear (yes that actually happens to people) can make you dizzy. The Antivert aka Meclizine is a good idea and can do wonders.

Mr. Laz
07-02-2005, 11:25 PM
only thing recently is dental work (couple of crowns)

sugar seems to help a little bit

i figure if i'm gonna die i might as well die eating a bunch of sweets. :D

Miles
07-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Have you been sleeping much? I have felt kind of like that before when I get hardly any sleep and drink too much coffee.

Jenny Gump
07-02-2005, 11:37 PM

sugar seems to help a little bit

i figure if i'm gonna die i might as well die eating a bunch of sweets. :D

For real, if the room is spinning, try the meclizine. You would be amazed at how that stuff works. Either way, call your doc on Tues. if it isn't stopped by then.

keg in kc
07-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Wait a second, you're telling me this isn't normal? I'm like this all the time.

Earthling
07-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Sounds like vesticular syndrom...My dog had it and the vet just gave her a little yellow pill and it cleared right up. If you've got any little yellow pills laying around the house you should give it a try.

On a side note, do you want to keep the old ticker pumpin' by artificial means....just in case?

B_Ambuehl
07-03-2005, 12:06 AM

Mercury. Controversial topic but plenty of evidence suggests a significant number of people may have problems.

http://www.amalgam.org/

Logical
07-03-2005, 12:11 AM
It sounds like Anemia, not a definite thing but something a simple blood test would detect. If it continues through the weekend I would see a Doctor. It could also indicate low blood sugar the fact that sugar helps would support this possiblity.

Best of luck.

Sparhawk
07-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Sometimes Headaches like Migraines or Compound headaches can make you feel this way too. So can a stroke. I'd see a doctor

Rausch
07-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Could be erectile dysfunction... :D

Michael Michigan
07-03-2005, 12:58 AM
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older...

and Shorter of breath...

and one day closer to death.

Jenny Gump
07-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Could be erectile dysfunction... :D

You're assuming it ever worked in the first place.

Phobia
07-03-2005, 01:18 AM
We may not ever figure this out on ChiefsPlanet, but you'll be relieved to know that an autopsy will likely pinpoint the problem in a matter of 10 minutes or less.

Rausch
07-03-2005, 01:19 AM
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older...

and Shorter of breath...

and one day closer to death.
ROFL

Ultra Peanut
07-03-2005, 02:22 AM
i figure if i'm gonna die i might as well die eating a bunch of sweets. :DA sound outlook on life...

We may not ever figure this out on ChiefsPlanet, but you'll be relieved to know that an autopsy will likely pinpoint the problem in a matter of 10 minutes or less.Hey, good point.

Why don't you just go have one of those done, Laz?

Phobia
07-03-2005, 02:25 AM
A sound outlook on life...

Hey, good point.

Why don't you just go have one of those done, Laz?

According to one of our resident Doctors, Dr. Slayer, one does not need to be deceased in order to have an autopsy performed..... One's coroner must simply detach the nerves very carefully prior to cracking one's chest open and removing one's organs.

4th and Long
07-03-2005, 02:25 AM
It's 2:20 AM. Laz hast posted since 11:25 PM. I wonder if he died?

Ultra Peanut
07-03-2005, 02:34 AM
According to one of our resident Doctors, Dr. Slayer, one does not need to be deceased in order to have an autopsy performed..... One's coroner must simply detach the nerves very carefully prior to cracking one's chest open and removing one's organs.ROFL

luv
07-03-2005, 02:53 AM
I wonder if he's been swimming? Whenever I swim a lot, I usually get the swimmers ear thing. Isn't that like an ear infection? Who knows, maybe a quick trip to the doctor to get his ears flushed will help.

Hog Farmer
07-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Have your blood pressure checked, if its out of wack ti could cause these symptoms. Also if you have started or are taking any medication, some may cause dizziness.

mikey23545
07-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Maybe the ol' tin foil beanie is a little too tight....

Mr. Laz
07-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Have your blood pressure checked
didn't think about that .... thanks

4th and Long
07-03-2005, 12:15 PM
It's 2:20 AM. Laz hast posted since 11:25 PM. I wonder if he died?
didn't think about that .... thanks
The rumors of Laz's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Ari Chi3fs
07-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I get that way when I lose too much iron.

I don't think you'd lose iron the same way I lose it. :p

Take vitamins

Hey if you need some iron, let me know... It may not be 'iron' but it can get very hard.

Especially for a nice girl like Mer. :)

Mr. Laz
07-03-2005, 12:31 PM
The rumors of Laz's death have been greatly exaggerated.
ROFL ROFL don't count on it

John 11
43- When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" 44- The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.

Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."

-

Frankie
07-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Am I dying?

Every time you try comedy on the CP, you are. :p

Pants
07-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Sounds exactly like high/low blood pressure.

htismaqe
07-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Mercury. Controversial topic but plenty of evidence suggests a significant number of people may have problems.

http://www.amalgam.org/

He said he had recent dental work. They don't use amalgam anymore for fillings.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
07-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Vertigo brought on by ear infection. Seriously.
http://www.northmemorial.com/HealthEncyclopedia/content/3113.asp

vertigo

Definition
Vertigo is a type of dizziness or sensation of movement when none is actually occurring.

What is going on in the body?
People with vertigo either feel they are spinning or rotating abnormally or the objects around them are spinning. This condition is not exactly the same as dizziness, which is a more general term. Vertigo is usually caused by problems in the middle ear, which helps control balance, or by the nerves or parts of the brain that receive and send signals to the middle ear.

When people describe symptoms of vertigo, the healthcare provider will want to know:

* when the symptoms started
* how long the vertigo lasts, whether it is constant or only occurs for a few minutes at a time
* what makes the symptoms better or worse, such as lying flat or standing up
* whether the symptoms came on gradually or suddenly
* what medications a person takes
* if the person has other medical problems

Other symptoms that may be important include:

* hearing loss
* headache
* vomiting
* ringing in the ear, known as tinnitus
* fainting
* vision changes, such as blurred vision
* speech impairment
* leg or arm weakness
* difficulty walking, known as ataxia

This condition has several causes, including:

* infections of the middle ear, such as acute labyrinthitis or acute otitis media
* disturbances in the function of the middle-ear balance structures, which occur in a condition called Meniere's disease
* trauma to the middle-ear structures or head
* decreased blood supply to the middle-ear structures or the nerves or parts of the brain associated with the middle ear. This disorder can occur with a stroke, for example, or a mini-stroke called a transient ischemic attack or TIA
* seasickness or motion sickness
* medications, such as an antibiotic known as gentamicin
* alcohol dependence
* tumors or cancer, such as brain tumors that affect the nerve or part of the brain associated with balance
* benign positional vertigo, which is brought on by certain positions, usually lying flat with the head turned in one direction
* seizures, or abnormal electrical activity in the brain, such as those that occur in psychomotor seizures
* psychological conditions, such as severe anxiety

Other causes are also possible. Sometimes, no cause can be found.

Most vertigo cannot be prevented. Avoidance of long-term alcohol dependence can prevent cases due to drinking alcohol.

A history and physical exam may be all the healthcare provider needs to make the diagnosis in some cases. For others, further tests may be needed. The tests that are ordered depend on the suspected cause of the symptoms. For example, a cranial CT scan or cranial MRI may be ordered if a stroke or brain tumor is suspected. Or a special study may be used to measure the function of the middle-ear balance structures.

Vertigo can keep people from engaging in normal activities. They may be more likely to fall and injure themselves. Or simply be unable to get out of bed or drive. Often the most serious long-term effects are related to the cause. For example, benign positional vertigo often goes away on its own and almost never has any long-term effects. A stroke, on the other hand, can cause other serious problems along with vertigo, such as not being able to move or talk. A brain tumor may cause brain damage or even death.

What are the risks to others?
Vertigo is not contagious and poses no risk to others. If the underlying cause is an infection, the infection is sometimes contagious.

Bed rest and medications to reduce symptoms are usually suggested when vertigo first starts. Commonly used drugs include antihistamines, such as meclizine, scopolamine, and diazepam. If the vertigo persists, other treatments are usually needed. These may be directed at the underlying cause. For example, a brain tumor may need surgery. A middle-ear infection may need antibiotics. Those with seizures may need medications to control the seizures.

In some cases, the cause is not known but the symptoms continue. In these cases, exercises may be used to try to get the body able to balance again. Diet changes, such as a low sodium diet, are helpful in some cases due to Meniere's disease. Surgery may be needed in rare cases that continue despite other treatments.

One of the most common forms of vertigo, benign positional vertigo, may come and go over a period of weeks or years. For this type, healthcare providers can try a technique to help. It's called the canalith repositioning procedure. While lying on the back, the person extends the head over the end of a table, turns the head to one side, rolls over onto that side, and returns to a sitting position. This is an attempt to move tiny particles around inside the middle ear. Individuals should consult their healthcare provider before using this technique.

What are the side effects of the treatments?
Side effects depend on the treatments used. All medications have possible side effects. For example, antihistamines commonly cause drowsiness and dry mouth. Other specific side effects depend on the medications used. Surgery carries a risk of bleeding, infection, and hearing loss.

If the symptoms go away or the cause is under control, no further treatment may be needed. Benign positional vertigo often goes away on its own within a few months, for example. Other causes may need further treatment, such as a brain tumor or a stroke.

People with vertigo can monitor their symptoms at home and report them to a healthcare provider. The cause may need further monitoring. For example, those with seizures may need blood tests to monitor the therapeutic drug level of medications used for seizures.

Skip Towne
07-03-2005, 04:58 PM
On one episode, Barney Fife got to feeling dizzy. He said it was low sugar blood content.

Logical
07-03-2005, 05:47 PM
ROFLDon't laugh Slayer actually posted that. Bizarre.

Rausch
07-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Don't laugh Slayer actually posted that. Bizarre.
:spock:

Ultra Peanut
07-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Don't laugh Slayer actually posted that. Bizarre.That's what made it funny.

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh!

AirForceChief
07-03-2005, 10:23 PM
No, pro'lly not. But this place sure seems to be...