PDA

View Full Version : Can you use soap in a jacuzzi?

Fat Elvis
07-04-2005, 04:31 PM
I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this. On one hand, I've heard thta the oils in the soap will clog up the jets and on the other hand, I've heard that there really is no problem using soap or shampoo in a jacuzzi.

Any expertise would be appreciated.

thanks

Fat E

ExtremeChief
07-04-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure, but you shouldn't use Dawn dishwashing liquid in a dishwasher.

Rain Man
07-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Why would you want to use soap in a jacuzzi? It's for relaxing, not bathing.

My initial answer would be no, based on my experience of actually seeing a jacuzzi once.

ExtremeChief
07-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Why would you want to use soap in a jacuzzi? It's for relaxing, not bathing.

My initial answer would be no, based on my experience of actually seeing a jacuzzi once.

Do you realize how much faster you could get done?? They have jets... jets are fast. You could probably bathe in 45 seconds.

schneider221
07-04-2005, 05:02 PM
i work in a pool and spa store, and while im sure you could get the job done you would be fighting foam for along time maybe even causing you to drain and refill it... im not so sure the oil would clog up the jets but it would get your cartridge filter covered in even more oil then what is on a typical person, meaning you would need to clean it more often and or you wouldnt get as good of filtration

Ari Chi3fs
07-04-2005, 05:52 PM
hot tubs do weird things to ejaculate...

BigMeatballDave
07-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Aren't there enough bubbles in a hot tub?

Fat Elvis
07-04-2005, 08:05 PM
i work in a pool and spa store, and while im sure you could get the job done you would be fighting foam for along time maybe even causing you to drain and refill it... im not so sure the oil would clog up the jets but it would get your cartridge filter covered in even more oil then what is on a typical person, meaning you would need to clean it more often and or you wouldnt get as good of filtration

We drain it after every use. It is in our bathroom. My wife says you cna bathe in it; I say it messes up the jets. Who is right?

yeti
07-04-2005, 08:36 PM
We drain it after every use. It is in our bathroom. My wife says you cna bathe in it; I say it messes up the jets. Who is right?

I think that the ones in the bathroom are able to have soap. I thought that you had a big jacuzzi/hot tub at first and I would put soap in one of those. In a tub size jacuzzi it probably doesn't matter. I have one but I never put soap in it.

Electric
07-04-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't know about soap and shampoo, but I saw first hand what happens when a blonde tries to use bubble bath!!

We had a weekend outing with three couples we went to church with. The first morning one of the guys wife came to breakfast and said that they needed help cleaning the bathroom. She had run the jacuzzi full of water and put in her bubble bath, when she returned to the bathroom it was slam full of bubbles.

No Pam, you cannot use bubble bath in the jacuzzi!!

Phobia
07-04-2005, 08:50 PM

I agree with your wife. But that doesn't mean anything.

BigMeatballDave
07-04-2005, 08:51 PM
I don't know about soap and shampoo, but I saw first hand what happens when a blonde tries to use bubble bath!!

We had a weekend outing with three couples we went to church with. The first morning one of the guys wife came to breakfast and said that they needed help cleaning the bathroom. She had run the jacuzzi full of water and put in her bubble bath, when she returned to the bathroom it was slam full of bubbles.

No Pam, you cannot use bubble bath in the jacuzzi!!
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
07-04-2005, 08:53 PM
This reminds me of a time a buddy of mine used a cup of Dawn in his laundry. His clothes were clean, alright. So was the floor around the washer and dryer...

KCbroncoHATER
07-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I have put "bubble bath" in my tub dozens of times in the last 4 years. My grand kids love it. If you run the jets you can make 3-4 ft of bubbles for them to play in.
Newer tubs drain all the plumbing when they empty so you dont have to worry about them like the old days. I have installed over a 100 and have never heard of a problem with bubble bath or that crap that women put in there to make them soft.

JMO ...

out.

luv
07-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Hot tubs...a definite no. Dad's got one, and you can't even wear suntan lotion in it without getting the water mirky. I believe jacuzzi's are a different story though. If they are built for the bathroom, I'd say go right ahead! Jacuzzi's are more like tubs, not hot tubs.

Frankie
07-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure, but you shouldn't use Dawn dishwashing liquid in a dishwasher.
Tell me about it. :rolleyes: I didn't have enough dishwasher soap last week and decided to make up the difference with regular dishwashing liquid. The resulting foam covering my kitchen floor (almost knee high in most places) was like a hollywood movie.

ExtremeChief
07-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Tell me about it. :rolleyes: I didn't have enough dishwasher soap last week and decided to make up the difference with regular dishwashing liquid. The resulting foam covering my kitchen floor (almost knee high in most places) was like a hollywood movie.

I know. It says dishwashing liquid, damnit! Pretty neat show though.