PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Fantasic Four is going to........

sd4chiefs
07-06-2005, 06:52 PM
S U C K

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four/?show=all

irishjayhawk
07-06-2005, 07:33 PM
"How fascinating that a film about super-humans was made by a collection of sub-humans; what a topsy-turvy world in which we live."

HAHA.

Chieficus
07-06-2005, 07:35 PM
"Marked by nave storytelling, goofy tone, clumsy look, and cheesy special effects, Fantastic Four is as bad and outdated as Electra and Daredevil were."

Ouch... that one looks like it really hurts...

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2005, 07:37 PM
I have absolutely no interest in that movie.

jspchief
07-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Comic book superhero movies are about as fresh as a shitty diaper on a Mexican garbage heap in August.

irishjayhawk
07-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Comic book superhero movies are about as fresh as a shitty diaper on a Mexican garbage heap in August.
So pretty fresh eh?

KCChiefsMan
07-06-2005, 08:00 PM
I usually enjoy comic book movies so I plan on seeing it.

Plus it has Jessica Alba in it
and I like that guy from The Shield

Fire Me Boy!
07-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Here's the quotes I e-mailed to the screening rep at the preview I saw last night.

I came in with lowered expectations... and they were too high.
--Me

Two words: Gawd Awful.
--Me

"Fantastic Crap."
--Me

Frazod
07-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Can't wait to read Mr. Cranky's review. :$2500:

sd4chiefs
07-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Every year I think there is going to be a lot of great summer movies and then it just ends up being a suckfest. Just like the Chiefs every year.

Ninjaman
07-06-2005, 10:33 PM
You knew some cheap ass production was going to coat tail off the hype of spiderman and xmen.

Anything with Jessica Alba in it is going to suck. Same with Jessica Beil . I want to see those two make erotic movies and have hot lesbian scenes together.

Rausch
07-06-2005, 11:10 PM

Compared to the rest of hollywood, which is all about new ideas... :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
07-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Yea, this was pretty much expected. Its had a troubled production history to sasy the least. Plus it has a crap director. IM already looking forward to Bryan Singers reenvisioned Superman movie next summer.

Swanman
07-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Yea, this was pretty much expected. Its had a troubled production history to sasy the least. Plus it has a crap director. IM already looking forward to Bryan Singers reenvisioned Superman movie next summer.

I just hope the XMen franchise doesn't tank because Singer was taken off of it to work on Superman. If the Batman franchise stays on the same track with Nolan directing and Bale as Batman, they could put out a number of quality movies in the future.

the Talking Can
07-07-2005, 06:57 AM
After Batman, this will seem like the Smurfs....the previews make it clear this is a corny ass movie.

I'll pass.

the Talking Can
07-07-2005, 07:01 AM
at least its big internationally:

"Well the movie has just opened in Australia, and i went to a mid-afteroon session. 5 people in a 350 seat audotorium.

I have to say Fantastic Four is a fun movie, but thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

However, C-grade special effects, dreadful screenplay, unlikeable characters and predictable ending. Also a bit too long."

Gravedigger
07-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Im still gonna go see it cause it is a comic book movie but that doesnt mean i wont regret it later tis the way of the movie theater. But also I dont always agree with rotten tomatoes or critics for that mind. I look at action and the comparisons to the comic book itself so if this movie has one or the other it will be a popcorn flick which is what i was expecting in the first place.

HC_Chief
07-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Here's the quotes I e-mailed to the screening rep at the preview I saw last night.

I came in with lowered expectations... and they were too high.
--Me

Two words: Gawd Awful.
--Me

"Fantastic Crap."
--Me

hehehe :)

I was pretty much expecting it to be a total suck fest... this cements it.

beavis
07-07-2005, 08:29 AM
IM already looking forward to Bryan Singers reenvisioned Superman movie next summer.
You mean, teh ghey Superman ?

bobbything
07-07-2005, 08:40 AM
"Most of the characters are bland, but not Johnny. He's extreme. Whenever he comes onscreen, punk music blares, he does a Mountain Dew commercial stunt and starts making out with one or two chicks."

This was my favorite.

Fire Me Boy!
07-07-2005, 09:09 AM
hehehe :)

I was pretty much expecting it to be a total suck fest... this cements it.
Yeah... major suckage. Like I said... I really wansn't expecting much. Apparently my expectations were too high.