PDA

View Full Version : Tony G on BDSSP

VonneMarie
07-06-2005, 07:35 PM
It's on now on FOX...

beer bacon
07-06-2005, 07:38 PM
It's on now on FOX...

Yeah..I have no idea what BDSSP stands for.

BDSSP = Best Damn Sports Show Period

milkman
07-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Best Damn Sports Show, Period

VonneMarie
07-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Best Damn Sports Show Period.

He ain't saying nothing tho. Movin' on...

Saulbadguy
07-07-2005, 08:14 AM
He sounded like he wants more money, by the way he was talking. He was slightly annoyed that Todd Heap is now making more money than he is.

chagrin
07-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Todd Heap:

2001 - 16 catches 206 yds 1 TD
2002 - 68 catches 836 yds 6 TD
2003 - 57 catches 693 yds 3 TD
2004 - 27 catches 303 yds 3 TD

I don't need to post Tony' stats, that IS insulting!

JPBUSCH
07-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Tony but needs to ask and the money will be under the table!

Vegas_Dave
07-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Waaaahhhhh... I play football better! Waaaaahhhhh... He makes more money then me!

Waaaaahhhh... I only make $4,191,000 per year!
Waaaaahhhh... I only got $10,000,000 for signing the contract!

Tony.... GROW UP A** MONKEY!

milkman
07-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Waaaahhhhh... I play football better! Waaaaahhhhh... He makes more money then me!

Waaaaahhhh... I only make $4,191,000 per year!
Waaaaahhhh... I only got $10,000,000 for signing the contract!

Tony.... GROW UP A** MONKEY!

He did sign a big contract.
He does make a lot of money.

But the fact is, Todd Heap signed a bigger contract, and he couldn't hold Tony's jock strap.

I don't know if he whined, or just stated simple facts, or simply answered questions asked of him, because I didn't see the show.

Regardless, he does have a legitimate bitch.

vckcchiefs04
07-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I realize Chris Wilson might be the future, but when it comes to contract time for TG the Chiefs better take care of him..... Wilson might as well learn from the best!!

htismaqe
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I realize Chris Wilson might be the future, but when it comes to contract time for TG the Chiefs better take care of him..... Wilson might as well learn from the best!!

The Chiefs ALREADY took care of him...he was made the highest paid TE in NFL history in 2002 and his contract isn't up for another 4 years.

2002 550000.00
2003 650000.00
2004 2000000.00
2005 3000000.00
2006 3600000.00
2007 4400000.00
2008 4400000.00

If he's complaining that the Ravens are stupid for giving Todd Heap more money than him, he's 100% correct.

If he's complaining that the Chiefs didn't give him any respect, he's dead wrong.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2005, 09:39 AM
I bet you he will want to renegotiate in a year or two.

htismaqe
07-07-2005, 09:48 AM

The team will want to renegotiate soon.

NJ Chief Fan
07-07-2005, 09:49 AM
give the man what he wants but not this year...i dont want him leaving us for the ****in nba...if you dont think he deserves the money thats an insult to the greatest tight end to ever play the game..todd heap is 4 notches below gonzo...if we lose tony your not gonna be blaming tony, your gonna end up callin carl an ass for not giving up the $$$

htismaqe
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
give the man what he wants but not this year...i dont want him leaving us for the ****in nba...if you dont think he deserves the money thats an insult to the greatest tight end to ever play the game..todd heap is 4 notches below gonzo...if we lose tony your not gonna be blaming tony, your gonna end up callin carl an ass for not giving up the $$$

You pay a guy what he's worth to the team, not just because some other upstart got more money.

He's ALREADY getting the money he deserves.

schneider221
07-07-2005, 09:56 AM
he didnt seem that annoyed at first but the guys on the show wouldnt give up and kept asi the question over and over and it seems like he said something just to make them happy

NJ Chief Fan
07-07-2005, 09:59 AM
You pay a guy what he's worth to the team, not just because some other upstart got more money.

He's ALREADY getting the money he deserves.
thats very true and i agree with that...but he makes our pass offense go with out him kennison isnt a 1000 yard reciever...we dont have a "true" #1 wr, but that what tony is for us our biggest threat through the air, why do you think teams some times put their #1 corner on him?

no tony our offense would be out of sync

Chiefnj
07-07-2005, 09:59 AM
The final two years are voidable. He's got this year and next with KC.

I've been told that he mentioned on the air last night his contract year is "coming up."

htismaqe
07-07-2005, 10:00 AM
he didnt seem that annoyed at first but the guys on the show wouldnt give up and kept asi the question over and over and it seems like he said something just to make them happy

Like I said, I would imagine he's a little pissed that a guy with 1/4 of his production got a bigger payday.

But being pissed about that and being unhappy with his contract are two COMPLETELY different things.

htismaqe
07-07-2005, 10:01 AM
The final two years are voidable. He's got this year and next with KC.

I've been told that he mentioned on the air last night his contract year is "coming up."

Exactly why I said the team will want to renegotiate soon.

P@ckfan
07-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Shut the **** up and catch touchdown passes.

NJ Chief Fan
07-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Shut the **** up and catch touchdown passes.

maybe you should stfu, dont be mad cause bubba franks is a joke compared to gonzo

P@ckfan
07-07-2005, 10:05 AM
maybe you should stfu, dont be mad cause bubba franks is a joke compared to gonzo

Ya how many playoff games has Gonzo won? HAHAHAHA!

NJ Chief Fan
07-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Ya how many playoff games has Gonzo won? HAHAHAHA!
playoff wins dont mean shit if you aint got the ring to show for it

P@ckfan
07-07-2005, 10:08 AM
playoff wins dont mean shit if you aint got the ring to show for it

Brett FAVRE, BIATCH!

NJ Chief Fan
07-07-2005, 10:10 AM
i belive bubba might still have been high school when brett got that ring...im not knockin on brett hes my fave qb of all time im just stating playoff wins dont mean diddly squat if you aint got the ring to show for it and bubba has no rings...but how many 1000 yard recieving seasons does bubba have?

nmt1
07-07-2005, 10:18 AM
I should've guessed that this would get blown out of proportion here. I just watched it and he wasn't upset about his contract or about Todd Heap's contract. He mentioned Todd Heap's contract in the context of them asking him about making $3million a year. He said $3million a year was a lot of money that many people would love to make. He said his contract is coming up and Todd Heap signed a big contract with a big signing bonus as far as TE's go, so maybe his will be better when he reups. He said teams are paying their TE's better now as opposed a few years back when they were the lowest paid position on the field with the exception of kickers. He sounded positive about the state of his contract and his future.
What I thought was most interesting is what he said about Terrell Owen's contract. He said Owens got a bad deal. I have to wonder, if it was so bad, why did Owen's sign it? I guess Owens could blame his former agent but that makes him look stupid.

ct
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
I caught part of the show, and he said something like this is my contract year? Some roster bonus in the 2006 off-season to force them back to the table perhaps? If there's something in there to bring them back to the table, you can be damn sure Gonzo will be referencing Heap's and Gates'(when he signs) contracts.

ct
07-07-2005, 10:27 AM
I should've guessed that this would get blown out of proportion here. I just watched it and he wasn't upset about his contract or about Todd Heap's contract. He mentioned Todd Heap's contract in the context of them asking him about making $3million a year. He said $3million a year was a lot of money that many people would love to make. He said his contract is coming up and Todd Heap signed a big contract with a big signing bonus as far as TE's go, so maybe his will be better when he reups. He said teams are paying their TE's better now as opposed a few years back when they were the lowest paid position on the field with the exception of kickers. He sounded positive about the state of his contract and his future.

From what I saw, this was exactly my perception as well. He has certainly noted the contract of Heap and is watching Gates closely too.

htismaqe
07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
What I thought was most interesting is what he said about Terrell Owen's contract. He said Owens got a bad deal. I have to wonder, if it was so bad, why did Owen's sign it? I guess Owens could blame his former agent but that makes him look stupid.

That's pretty much what I figured, which is why I said that Tony thinking Heap is overpaid and thinking he himself is underpaid are two entirely different things.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-07-2005, 04:18 PM
here's a link to a link of the video( I just got the sound)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=12

VonneMarie
07-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I could've sworn he said this was his contract year. :hmmm:

philfree
07-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Like I said, I would imagine he's a little pissed that a guy with 1/4 of his production got a bigger payday.

But being pissed about that and being unhappy with his contract are two COMPLETELY different things.

I didn't see Gonzo and I haven't read all of this thread but I would imagine that Heap's contract is like most and he won't realize a lot of the money that's reflected in the total contract. I can see Gonzo looking for a pay raise when the chance comes up. Who wouldn't? I just hope he's reasonable and the Chiefs are too! My question is Why is this a topic? Because the guy asking the questions wanted it to be perhaps? It's a non-issue right now as far as I'm concerned.

PhilFree:arrow: