PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Authentic Jersey questioin

The Bad Guy
07-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm looking at my brother's authentic's and the sleeves have some sort of elastic.

However, in teh Chiefs authentic I have, the sleeves don't have the same material.

I'm trying to find out if NFLShop messed up on mine, or if some Chiefs jeresys just have the standard sleeves.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Scorp
07-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Could it be that your brothers jersey is an actual game used jersey? Those are pro cut to the player. The authentics the public can buy are somewhat close to authentic but not cut like the pro's are.

The Bad Guy
07-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Could it be that your brothers jersey is an actual game used jersey? Those are pro cut to the player. The authentics the public can buy are somewhat close to authentic but not cut like the pro's are.

It was a customized jersey so it wasn't.

Thanks for the response.

chiefz
07-08-2005, 02:27 PM
My authentic jerseys have no elastic in the sleeves, that might differ from season to season. The easiest way to tell if its an authentic is the stitching and the numbers.

UKMike
07-08-2005, 02:53 PM
I have one from about 2000 and it doesn't have the elastic. If you look on NFL shop some teams have it some don't. I think if you watch games then some players have it some don't, im pretty sure Green doesnt have it, but some other Chiefs players do. I'm pretty glad mine didn't though.

jspchief
07-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Is it a Chiefs jersey? Is it a Reebok? How old is it?

The old Chiefs jerseys had elastic on the sleeves, but I believe they weren't Reebok. The first authentic I bought was Donnie Edwards in 2000 and it didn't have elastic. So they would have been from before 2000.

tomahawk kid
07-08-2005, 03:38 PM
It was a customized jersey so it wasn't.

Thanks for the response.

I have 3-4 authentics - None have elastic in the sleeves.

Count Alex's Losses
07-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Game used jerseys all have elastic in the sleeves. I can't stand it.

Uncle_Ted
07-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Good thread ... I bought a Priest Holmes authentic jersey a few years back and at first was disappointed that it didn't have the elastic. Now I'm glad it doesn't.

UKMike
07-09-2005, 04:21 AM
Good thread ... I bought a Priest Holmes authentic jersey a few years back and at first was disappointed that it didn't have the elastic. Now I'm glad it doesn't.

Unless you've got huge arms the elastic makes you look pretty foolish.