PDA

View Full Version : If not Law Then Why Not An OT

philfree
07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Scott Gragg, Right tackle: Gragg knows he will land a starting job. Teams such as the Jets and Lions want to look at younger right tackles at their minicamps, and might wait a week or two into training camp to reconsider bringing Gragg into the fold. Gragg is a dependable right tackle with durability. He's an instant starter for most teams, even if he's signed two weeks into camp.

Chris Terry, Right tackle: Terry has had off-field issues, but when he plays, he can dominate. The Seahawks offense operated at its best when he was at right tackle and Walter Jones handled the left side. Like Gragg, Terry might have to wait until August to get a job. As a tackle, Terry mauls defensive ends. Teams that get into training camp and don't like what they see at right tackle will give him a look as the summer progresses.

Ross Verba, Left tackle: At 31, it can be argued that Verba might be headed for the downward part of his career and might be a risk for the $5 million-plus contract he seeks. What can't be argued is where he is now as a player. He's a top-level left tackle. Some scouting services have him in the top 10 at the position, and for a 31-year-old, that puts him in his prime. The Texans have the best chance of landing him because they have the cap room.

A little O-Line insurance could pay big dividends for the Chiefs. We're still not 100% sure about the RT position or the depth at LT. We've got some young guys that do look promising but these are some decent players.

PhilFree:arrow:

John_Wayne
07-10-2005, 07:05 PM
We've got plenty of young talent at RT. They need to compete for the job in training camp and the best candidate will shake out.

Chris Bober - 6 yr vet
Brett Williams - 3rd season
Jordan Black - 3rd season
John Wellbourne - 7 yr vet
Kevin Sampson - 2nd season - my personal favorite for the RT job

Bowser
07-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I thought the staff was really enamored with Jordan Black as the starter and Kevin Sampson as the b/u? :shrug:

shaneo69
07-10-2005, 07:21 PM
No thanks. I like our OL depth better than the majority of the positions on our team.

philfree
07-10-2005, 07:42 PM
We've got plenty of young talent at RT. They need to compete for the job in training camp and the best candidate will shake out.

Chris Bober - 6 yr vet
Brett Williams - 3rd season
Jordan Black - 3rd season
John Wellbourne - 7 yr vet
Kevin Sampson - 2nd season - my personal favorite for the RT job

Dump Williams since he's shown the least and pick up another vet to play RT. Gragg or Terry either one.

penchief
07-10-2005, 07:48 PM
If not another corner I'd rather have another DE. I'd like to see Wilkerson blossom but if that isn't going to happen I'd like to someone else that can push or even beat out Hicks.

milkman
07-10-2005, 07:49 PM
No thanks. I like our OL depth better than the majority of the positions on our team.

Right.

If not Law, then why not a DT?

philfree
07-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Right.

If not Law, then why not a DT?

I'm looking at the best players available. IMO we're still gonna be an offensive team and that being the case taking care of the O-Line is key. I'd love to have Law as he fit's into the best player available catagory but I don't see any D linemen that fit that same catagory.