PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live on ESPN cranks up...

Coogs
07-11-2005, 12:16 PM
this afternoon at 3:00 PM Central time. Trey, Sean, and Mike will be on every afternoon at this time. It does not look like the show re-airs at anytime during the day either.

Just a heads up for those of you like me who need their NFL fix.

Crush
07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

BigMeatballDave
07-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up.Ditto. Gotta set-up the Tivo...

KChiefs1
07-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Dammit I wished I had set my TIVO! :cuss:

Anyone willing to give a recap? :)

alpha_omega
07-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks Coogs!

DTLB58
07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks! With my new work hours, 3:00 every day works great for me :)

donkhater
07-11-2005, 12:44 PM
You guys really think they'll say anything you haven't already heard? Give me the topics I I bet I could match the script nearly word for word. The host doesn't know anything he doesn't read on the web, and the analysts (???) don't want to piss any players off by being controversial so they say the same thing as the analyst. I'll pass. ESPN sucks balls.

KCTitus
07-11-2005, 12:49 PM
You guys really think they'll say anything you haven't already heard? Give me the topics I I bet I could match the script nearly word for word. The host doesn't know anything he doesn't read on the web, and the analysts (???) don't want to piss any players off by being controversial so they say the same thing as the analyst. I'll pass. ESPN sucks balls.

1. Will TO actually play for Philly this year?
2. Something about Dallas
3. Something about Washington

That's most of the show with a quickie tribute to NE's back to back SB wins at the end.

Chiefnj
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM

That's most of the show with a quickie tribute to NE's back to back SB wins at the end.

You forgot:
4. "Something about Michael Vick"
5. "Randy Moss as a Raider"
6. "Where will Ty Law play this year."

KCTitus
07-11-2005, 12:53 PM
You forgot:
4. "Something about Michael Vick"
5. "Randy Moss as a Raider"
6. "Where will Ty Law play this year."

You're right...any ESPN football show just isnt complete without those 3 items.

donkhater
07-11-2005, 12:57 PM

Yup.

I'll toss in a few more issues that fans have been throwing around adnasuem this offseason that ESPN will add nothing to:

Can Brees repeat last seasons performance?
Will Moss and Jordan offset the defense in Oakland?
Will KC's offseason additions on defense offset an aging offense?
What in the world is Shanahan thinking in Denver?

Peyton goes for 66 TD's
Can Roethlisberger avoid a sophmore slump?
Is Cincy ready to take the next step?
Can Romeo Crennel bring his Superbowl credentials with him to Cleveland?

Will Ricky play this year?
How is Chad Pennington's shoulder?

...And that's just the AFC.

Mr. Laz
07-11-2005, 01:01 PM
this early in the year NFL Live is pretty lame.

but i'll watch it anyway :D

KCTitus
07-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I can pretty much guarantee you that KC gets zero mention during the show which is pretty much SOP for most of ESPN's football shows. If it does come up, I fully expect the typical: "Offense is good, but the defense sucks---they're not going anywhere and Holmes is too hurt"

Ive pretty much stopped watching ESPN's football shows because it's about the 'celebrities' (Vick, Moss, TO, et al) in the game and a few of the large market teams and that's it.

whoman69
07-11-2005, 01:25 PM
I can't stand Sean Salibury, especially in his segments berating Clayton. I guess some people get off on his bully thing.

bobbything
07-11-2005, 01:32 PM
I can't stand Sean Salibury, especially in his segments berating Clayton.
He was the one who picked KC to win the division by 2 games last year. This, after KC had started 1-4.

ptlyon
07-11-2005, 01:37 PM
He was the one who picked KC to win the division by 2 games last year. This, after KC had started 1-4.

Good for him - that just proves how much of an asshat he is.

KChiefs1
07-11-2005, 02:02 PM
I can't stand Sean Salibury, especially in his segments berating Clayton.

Doesn't Salisbury post on the board from time to time? :)

DTLB58
07-11-2005, 02:30 PM
TG will be on Tomorrow :)

Crush
07-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Tony G is going to be on tomorrow and they will talk about the Chiefs. I promise.

tomahawk kid
07-11-2005, 02:46 PM
I will never understand why they broadcast that show so early in the freaking day....

KChiefs1
07-11-2005, 04:13 PM
I will never understand why they broadcast that show so early in the freaking day....

Aren't most football fanatics still living at home with their parents & unemployed? :shake:

Judge Smails
07-11-2005, 04:38 PM
I can't stand Sean Salibury, especially in his segments berating Clayton. I guess some people get off on his bully thing.

I listened to their radio show this weekend for the first time, and its comical to hear Clayton's voice get all high and whiney when Salsbury starts in on him.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-11-2005, 07:24 PM
That's when you know the NFL is about ready to get started again, NFL Live comes back on.

regald
07-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I can't stand these guys.

They care more about speaking with conviction than speaking about facts.

As long as they speak really loudly and confidently, they think what they're saying is true or their opinion is justified.

None of these guys think outside the box, they just respond to other media stories with "If I'm on the Dolphins, I don't want Ricky Williams as my teammate" type shit.

They literally do NOT say anything new. You can actually learn more about football and the latest tractions on ESPN.com/NFL than listening to NFL Live.

Trey Wingo doesn't know anything about football. Sean Salisbury doesn't care, he just speaks with conviction and he'll live and die on his opinion, right or wrong. Mike Golic just talks about stories, that's all they do.

They have another guest who was an old Brocos offensive lineman. He's basically a clone of Sean only he knows LESS.

regald
07-11-2005, 11:45 PM
I watch NFL Live sometimes. I don't learn anything new because I've already read all the stories, but I generally can't stand to watch it for more than 10 minutes.

MichaelH
07-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Regarding ESPN and any other football show, they all pretty much suck. Like almost everyone has said, they cater to the spotlight and don't address the real issues. I used to watch the ESPN pre game show on Sunday mornings religiously. That began to suck so I switched to CBS. Same story. Now I wait until 5 minutes before game time to watch any football related show and found life is much happier.

Coogs
07-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Too bad all you guys can't stand ESPN. Gonzo is going to be on the set for this afternoon's segment. :)

KCTitus
07-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Too bad all you guys can't stand ESPN. Gonzo is going to be on the set for this afternoon's segment. :)

Yep, he probably gets 60 seconds on the show right after the 10 minute segment on TO.

Pants
07-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Yep, he probably gets 60 seconds on the show right after the 10 minute segment on TO.

Or Moss. ROFL

Stinger
07-12-2005, 01:48 PM

Salisbury: Hey Tony how the Foot?

TG: Foot feels real good best it felt in a few years.

Salisbury: How do you think your new aquisitions on Defense will do this year.

TG: I think were are going to be a force once well jell as a unit. You see we have this new secret weapon code name Scal ... **Salisbury breaks in **

Salisbury: Thats good and all but how are you going to stop TO and Moss who is now in your Division? .... Huh ... Huh ... Huh

TG: Well I really think that our new Defense once they really get together **Salisbury Shaking head**

Salisbury: There seems to be a lot of talent at the TE spot in the AFC this year what are your thought about A. Gates?

TG: Great athlete he had a great year last yearrrrr **Salisbury breaks in **

Salisbury: Now back to covering Moss blah blah blah

Salisbury: Thank you TG for being with us

TG: *rolls eyes* No problem

Salisbury: When we get back I blow TO for a sound bite stay with us

dtebbe
07-12-2005, 09:08 PM

Are you crazy? Women's softball is in full swing this time of year!

ESPN Sucks

DT