PDA

View Full Version : What is (or was) more annoying? Whitlock

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Seeing that fat tub on ESPN today or when he was always writing articles on the KC Star about the Chiefs? I know that his success has to piss you off!

Mr. Laz
07-11-2005, 12:55 PM
can i get a translation? :shrug:

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2005, 01:08 PM
well I was just reading this article http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/050711
and I just hate that guy! I don't know what is more annoying, his old columns in the KC Star or his big success

The Rick
07-11-2005, 01:24 PM
One of the things that annoy me about Whitlock is that in each column, it always seems like he's just looking for a way to include two things:

1) He played college football at Ball State
2) He was high school teammates with Jeff George

morphius
07-11-2005, 01:24 PM
In the offseason I have to admit, I would have to chose apathy over hate. The fact that ESPN pays him doesn't bother me as much as the fact that they couldn't find someone better...

Reaper16
07-11-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm in the extreme minority in that I like Whitlock. I find that he has a unique perspective on things, and is often funny.
Then again, I'm in the extreme minority here in that I'm a liberal, as well. So what do I know, right? :)

Phobia
07-11-2005, 02:53 PM
One of the things that annoy me about Whitlock is that in each column, it always seems like he's just looking for a way to include two things:

1) He played college football at Ball State
2) He was high school teammates with Jeff George

Are we reading the same guy? The Jason Whitlock I read finds a way to make 80% of his material about some race related issue.

The Rick
07-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Oh, I agree. A majority of his columns do tend involve some sort of race-related issue. At least that's his topic. My thing is I would bet that in many of those race-related columns, he either mentions the fact that he played high school football with Jeff George or that he played college football at Ball State. He always seems to find a way to include those little tidbits of info into his column.

I've never seen a writer have a case of "Al Bundy Syndrome" quite like Jason Whitlock.

Calcountry
07-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Oh, I agree. A majority of his columns do tend involve some sort of race-related issue. At least that's his topic. My thing is I would bet that in many of those race-related columns, he either mentions the fact that he played high school football with Jeff George or that he played college football at Ball State. He always seems to find a way to include those little tidbits of info into his column.

I've never seen a writer have a case of "Al Bundy Syndrome" quite like Jason Whitlock.Isn't Jason that guy they busted for plagarism at the NY Times. :p Ooops, oh yeah, Jason is that guy that stole bucket of KFC.