PDA

View Full Version : Zsa-Zsa Gabor looks like Mother Theresa compared to....

penchief
07-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Zsa Zsa Gobor looks like a saint compared to this lady I just ran into at the grocery store.

Please bear with me while I vent. Usually I'm really good about letting things run off my shoulders but lately I've been dealing with a real anti-social on a daily basis so I'm becoming very tired of rude and disrespectful behavior.

Here's the long version. Last night I had a date that had to cancel. We were gonna' go eat some steak fajitas and drink some beer. So I've had a craving for steak fajitas all day. So I go to the store to get all the fixins to set myself up. As I walked by the newstand I noticed the latest copy of Pro Football Weekly so I grabbed it real quick and started scanning it for Chiefs news. I'm standing there for about 30 or 40 seconds, minding my own business, and I hear this very abrupt "excuse me!" I look over and see this 70'ish lady with dyed pitch-black hair. Always one to give the benefit of the doubt, I replied, "I'm sorry if I was being rude."

She said in a very mean-spirited tone, "no, cheap." She turned up her nose to walk away. The paper she wanted (some Enquirer type tabloid) wasn't even blocked by me. It was off to my left.

I was momentarily stunned. I can't remember the last time I was spoken to so rudely for no reason by a complete stranger. It took me about three seconds to put the paper back and step to her side to say, "excuse me?" She responded by saying, "what's your name, I'm going to report you. You need anger management."

At this point she's really getting to me. I acknowledge that I was having a bad day but this lady was over the top. She was really getting under my skin. So I just said, "look, you were the one that was rude." Then I just walked away.

So I'm talking to myself the whole time and thinking "damn, that bitch was rude." I couldn't find the steak fajitas anywhere so I just got frustrated and gave up. As I was leaving there she was near the exit talking to another 70ish lady with dyed blonde hair and they're both staring at me the whole way as I walk by them. And I can hear the one talking about me.

Like I said, if I wasn't in a bad mood I probably would have just blew it off but I was so fed up I stopped and said, "you had no reason to talk to me that way."

She again said, "what's your name? If you approach me one more time I'm going to report you."

Now, this is where I feel bad. The whole situation pissed me off so much I said, "Lady, you are rude. You'd think that somebody that has lived on this planet as long as you would understand the importance of respect."

The two ladies looked at each other and went, "oooh."

Now, I'll admit that I'd like to take my last comment back but was I completely wrong or was this lady a real bitch?

It was like my Grandma was intentionally picking a fight with me.

Simplex3
07-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Sounds like the bitch that was in front of me at the grocery store a couple of years ago. She was going to have the cashier re-ring a cart full of food over a $0.04 descrepency. The argument had gone on between them for what seemed like hours and as the old broad asked for the manager I finally blurted out "if I give you a dime will you just get out of our way?". I felt kinda bad about that for a little while, then I figured screw her, she was jacking up the lives of God knows how many other people (the line was huge) over four damned cents. If she'd had the decency to get out of the way, take her cart and receipt up to customer service like the cashier asked, it wouldn't have come to that.

Sounds like yours was begging for it, too. I'll respect my elders until they act like buttheads. Then they get the same treatment any other moron gets.

Rain Man
07-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Are you sure it wasn't Skip? It might have been Skip.

It's always a bit surprising when someone is openly hostile, but at least you know where they stand. The ones to be scared of are the ones who just stare at you and then go key your car in the parking lot.

Pants
07-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Are you sure it wasn't Skip? It might have been Skip.

It's always a bit surprising when someone is openly hostile, but at least you know where they stand. The ones to be scared of are the ones who just stare at you and then go key your car in the parking lot.

Not the apricot Z3!!!

Donger
07-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Heh. They have those self-checkout deals at the grocery store we frequent. I've noticed that the protocol is that you don't go up to the next machine is fully vacated by the person checking out.

A few months ago, I was checking out (just a few items) and I noticed this person behind me. I turned around and looked at it (now identified as him). I nodded at him and began to intentionally scan the wrong side of the items. He got rather irritated and actually grabbed me by the shoulder and said, "Can you hurry up!?"

It was rather amusing.

Skip Towne
07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Sounds like the bitch that was in front of me at the grocery store a couple of years ago. She was going to have the cashier re-ring a cart full of food over a $0.04 descrepency. The argument had gone on between them for what seemed like hours and as the old broad asked for the manager I finally blurted out "if I give you a dime will you just get out of our way?". I felt kinda bad about that for a little while, then I figured screw her, she was jacking up the lives of God knows how many other people (the line was huge) over four damned cents. If she'd had the decency to get out of the way, take her cart and receipt up to customer service like the cashier asked, it wouldn't have come to that.

Sounds like yours was begging for it, too. I'll respect my elders until they act like buttheads. Then they get the same treatment any other moron gets.
Well, you're certainly a rude young man. Respect your elders. (or I'll stab you)

Rain Man
07-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Heh. They have those self-checkout deals at the grocery store we frequent. I've noticed that the protocol is that you don't go up to the next machine is fully vacated by the person checking out.

A few months ago, I was checking out (just a few items) and I noticed this person behind me. I turned around and looked at it (now identified as him). I nodded at him and began to intentionally scan the wrong side of the items. He got rather irritated and actually grabbed me by the shoulder and said, "Can you hurry up!?"

It was rather amusing.

That annoys me, too. I went through the self-check line the other day, and before I could even pick up my bags off the machine, Mr. "I'm-In-A-Hurry-To-Get-Back-To-My-Meth-Lab" was standing next to me trying to start his checkout.

My other annoyance is when the person in line behind me leaves their cart and stands next to me while my cart is being checked out. Keep your distance, people. Just stay away from me at all times, grocery store or not.

penchief
07-11-2005, 05:39 PM

It was rather amusing.

This wasn't anywhere near the checkout. It was near the entrance by the full-blown newsstand.

penchief
07-11-2005, 05:41 PM
That annoys me, too. I went through the self-check line the other day, and before I could even pick up my bags off the machine, Mr. "I'm-In-A-Hurry-To-Get-Back-To-My-Meth-Lab" was standing next to me trying to start his checkout.

My other annoyance is when the person in line behind me leaves their cart and stands next to me while my cart is being checked out. Keep your distance, people. Just stay away from me at all times, grocery store or not.

Again, this was not anywhere near the checkouts. It was the area that contained all of the magazines and newspapers.

I really was just minding my own business. She really blind-sided me.

el borracho
07-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Were you in Philadelphia? It is a well-known fact that all citizens of Philly hate each other and everyone else in the world, too.

penchief
07-11-2005, 05:46 PM

Thanks. I won't go to bed feeling so bad now.

Rain Man
07-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Again, this was not anywhere near the checkouts. It was the area that contained all of the magazines and newspapers.

I really was just minding my own business. She really blind-sided me.

If she was Matt Lepsis' grandmother, she would have dived at your knee from behind.

penchief
07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
If she was Matt Lepsis' grandmother, she would have dived at your knee from behind.

I don't know who Matt Lepsis is but I don't think I want to run into his gramma.

Simplex3
07-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks. I won't go to bed feeling so bad now.
You can go to bed feeling even better yet, my statement to her was probably laced with profanities. I can make a sailor blush.

Rain Man
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
I don't know who Matt Lepsis is but I don't think I want to run into his gramma.

Hint: he chop blocks a lot.

penchief
07-11-2005, 06:17 PM

Huh, he must be a Denver Mare, then.

Ultra Peanut
07-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Now, this is where I feel bad. The whole situation pissed me off so much I said, "Lady, you are rude. You'd think that somebody that has lived on this planet as long as you would understand the importance of respect."

The two ladies looked at each other and went, "oooh."I know you di-in! ROFL

penchief
07-11-2005, 06:32 PM
I know you di-in! ROFL

I know, I know.... it was weak but it was all I could come up with. Damnit, I was pissed!

DJay23
07-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Were you in Philadelphia? It is a well-known fact that all citizens of Philly hate each other and everyone else in the world, too.
Some of the best treatment I've ever received as a visitor has been in Philly.

Simplex3
07-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Some of the best treatment I've ever received as a visitor has been in Philly.
Yeah, but hookers have to be nice. You pay them to.

gblowfish
07-11-2005, 08:44 PM
"Now, this is where I feel bad. The whole situation pissed me off so much I said, "Lady, you are rude. You'd think that somebody that has lived on this planet as long as you would understand the importance of respect."

The two ladies looked at each other and went, "oooh."

This sounds like the "forum" section of GMILF Magazine.

Not that I subscribe or anything....

ChiTown
07-11-2005, 08:57 PM
This sounds like the "forum" section of GMILF Magazine.

Not that I subscribe or anything....

Let Skip know if you need the latest copy....

stevieray
07-11-2005, 09:07 PM
black haired lady: Virginia, would you look at that young man over there...
blond haired lady: where? which one?
black haired lady: The one in the shirt that says, don't blame me, I voted for Kerry.....
blond haired lady: what about him?
black haired lady: betcha ten bucks I can go over and get him all worked up....
blond haired lady: no way, he looks like a nice young man..
black haired lady...you're on!

Bwana
07-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Heh! You were much nicer than I would have been. :)

Taco John
07-12-2005, 12:23 AM

That's a lie. Chop blocking is illegal and will get you tossed from a game. Matt Lepsis cut blocks. Which is perfectly legal.

His grandma might be a chop blocker, but in order to execute a chop block, two people need to be involved in the block. I'm guessing she wouldn't excel at either role in the chop block.