PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to give garage sale items as birthday presents?

Ghostof
07-12-2005, 01:58 PM
If not then explain.

How is the person going to know where you bought it at?

Ok let me say this. If you are going to a nephews birthday party and you go out and see the same toy that they want and you buy it at the store for full retail price for like $30-50 bucks, but see it at a garage sale for a few bucks and sometimes just a few quarters....what do you do?

Donger
07-12-2005, 02:00 PM
If not then explain.

How is the person going to know where you bought it at?

"If consequences dictate your course of action, and it's only wrong if you get caught..."

Count Alex's Losses
07-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Yes. A gift's value should not be based on how much money it cost.

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
I suppose; but it's pretty tacky.....unless the items are clearly in brand new/unused condition. :hmmm:

Scorp
07-12-2005, 02:03 PM
I bought my wifeys vibrator on a garage sale. Is that wrong? :shrug:

Goapics1
07-12-2005, 02:04 PM
I bought my wifeys vibrator on a garage sale. Is that wromg? :shrug:
Depends on how much you paid.

Ghostof
07-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I bought my wifeys vibrator on a garage sale. Is that wromg? :shrug:

Depends on if they gave you the half bottle of used douche too.

I never go to freaken estate sales after stopping at one in Liberal, KS.

Some old rag was having a big tagged sale and silent auction. I walked through all the rooms and in the freakin bathroom was an AVON carboard box filled with bottles of half used stuff and two of them were half filled bottles of douche.

I got the hell out of there

Count Alex's Losses
07-12-2005, 02:07 PM
As long as something is in good condition, who cares what it cost?

I'm giving my dad a license plate frame that says "My German Wirehaired Pointer Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student" for his anniversary coming up. It only cost a few bucks but I know he will love it.

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I bought my wifeys vibrator on a garage sale. Is that wrong? :shrug:

Only if it's bigger than your....

Scorp
07-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Only if it's bigger than your....

LMAO! That would be wrong.

cadmonkey
07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Only if you know it is something they will absolutly love, otherwise you look like you went hunting through the trash and feel the same way about them.

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 02:12 PM
LMAO! That would be wrong.

I suppose if you didn't like sex, you could say "hey, honey; here's something that will satisfy you more than I ever could....."

Heh. Heh-heh.

Ghostof
07-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Good deal. I wont be feeling bad this weekend when I buy a bunch of toys at a garage sale and then wrap them up. I mean hes 2 years old and the only people that would notice or wonder why they didnt have their original boxes will be the parents.

cadmonkey
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Good deal. I wont be feeling bad this weekend when I buy a bunch of toys at a garage sale and then wrap them up. I mean hes 2 years old and the only people that would notice or wonder why they didnt have their original boxes will be the parents.

Which is exactly who you are trying not to look like a scumbag infront of.

KChiefsQT
07-12-2005, 02:43 PM

At 2 years old...the hell with quality those lil brats think QUANTITY!!! hehee....the more toys the better the uncle! :)

RedNFeisty
07-12-2005, 03:05 PM
At 2 years old...the hell with quality those lil brats think QUANTITY!!! hehee....the more toys the better the uncle! :)

This is the truth!! Even at four they don't care as long as there are many, many toys.

Phobia
07-12-2005, 03:07 PM
I spent my entire childhood receiving secondhand toys as birthday and Christmas gifts. But then again, I'm a crazed killer. Keep that in mind when making a decision.

KChiefsQT
07-12-2005, 03:08 PM
I spent my entire childhood receiving secondhand toys as birthday and Christmas gifts. But then again, I'm a crazed killer. Keep that in mind when making a decision.
ROFL ROFL

ChiTown
07-12-2005, 03:10 PM
This is the truth!! Even at four they don't care as long as there are many, many toys.

Yep, quantity over quality. Hell, I just wrap up some old toys around the house for my kids. They have no idea.............