PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law: Please sign with us....USE the Chiefs.

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Think about it, Ty....an awesome offense; a "revival" on defense which you and Patrick can lead..... you are the final piece of the Superbowl puzzle, baby. How does that make you feel?

Forget that "show me the money" crap; sign with a team that WILL be in the hunt, with you putting them over the top. Agree to an incentive-laden, back-loaded contract....with an option: after one year, you can invalidate the contract and go after the money, if you want---if that's what you are really about. A year with a playoff bound team ,to show you are all-the-way-back, will get you alot of Benjamin's next spring....if that's what you are about. :)

What do you say? :hmmm:

Ari Chi3fs
07-12-2005, 11:48 PM
you sold me, Ill join the Chiefs.

I am really Ty Law, and I have been hiding behind this Ali Chi3fs moniker... I knew someday I would sign with you guys. Good times.

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 11:56 PM
you sold me, Ill join the Chiefs.

I am really Ty Law, and I have been hiding behind this Ali Chi3fs moniker... I knew someday I would sign with you guys. Good times.

Fuggin' hey! :clap:

Pants
07-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Ty Law: "Sounds good. I'll be needing an $8,000,000 signing bonus and a $3,000,000 salary, though."

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Ty Law: "Sounds good. I'll be needing an $8,000,000 signing bonus and a $3,000,000 salary, though."

Carl Peterson: "Can we swing that Denny? Lamar?"

:hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Lamar: "Denny? Carl? Read my lips....MAKE IT HAPPEN. I don't need the money anymore. And Clark is nice kid; but I'll be damned if I'm leavin' him all of this....Get me MY fuggin' trophy, and the Lombardi thing-a-ma-jig, will you, damn it? It's not like I got another twenty years of this shit....hey, and that Huong cheerleader? Send her to my office for some 'tutoring,' got it? I've always wondered whether Orientals really had vertical vaginas....and I want to find out before I become worm food. Got it?"

Pants
07-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Lamar: "Denny? Carl? Read my lips....MAKE IT HAPPEN. I don't need the money anymore. And Clark is nice kid; but I'll be damned if I'm leavin' him all of this....Get me MY fuggin' trophy, and the Lombardi thing-a-ma-jig, will you, damn it? It's not like I got another twenty years of this shit...."

Carl: "OK, Ty, here's what we are coming up with - $1,000,000 signing bonus and a $800,000 salary. How does that sound? ... What? OK, how about $850,000?"

Chiefs Pantalones
07-13-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't know where he'll end up, but I don't think he will go back to the Pats like those NFL live guys were talking about today. I think that was more of them hoping he does go back to the glorious and wonderful Pats. It makes him that much more perfect in their eyes.

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Carl: "OK, Ty, here's what we are coming up with - $1,000,000 signing bonus and a $800,000 salary. How does that sound? ... What? OK, how about $850,000?"

Lamar: "Carl, S.T.F.U. and STFD!....Ty, here's 10 million in a signing bonus, spread over a 'six year' contract, heh. After year one, you and I can terminate this sum bitch; you'll be gone, I'll be dead....WTF? Clark will have to rebuild the team anyways....and our window, MY window closes after this year. So Cuba...er, eh, heh.....Ty, I mean... salary will escalate, beginnning immmediately in year two....3 million, year three....5 million....eh, whatever....you get the jist--in case you prove your doubters wrong this coming year. Carl? I SAID, S.T.F.U. and STFD! How's that sound to you, Ty....?

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 12:20 AM
I don't know where he'll end up, but I don't think he will go back to the Pats like those NFL live guys were talking about today. I think that was more of them hoping he does go back to the glorious and wonderful Pats. It makes him that much more perfect in their eyes.

Yeah, the sports media in general have become sappy like that....ever since Greenberg and other Metrosexuals have shown up on ESPN. :hmmm:

Rausch
07-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I don't think you'll see a bunch of players signing backloaded contracts for a while. With the CBA comming up most agents aren't dumb enough to get shafted out of that cash not knowing what may be just around the corner...

Logical
07-13-2005, 01:23 AM
Lamar: "Denny? Carl? Read my lips....MAKE IT HAPPEN. I don't need the money anymore. And Clark is nice kid; but I'll be damned if I'm leavin' him all of this....Get me MY fuggin' trophy, and the Lombardi thing-a-ma-jig, will you, damn it? It's not like I got another twenty years of this shit....hey, and that Huong cheerleader? Send her to my office for some 'tutoring,' got it? I've always wondered whether Orientals really had vertical vaginas....and I want to find out before I become worm food. Got it?"

Hmmm you been schtupping women with horizontal giners? Thinks maybe Kotter has his geometry all askew.:hmmm:

Taco John
07-13-2005, 02:09 AM
Think about it, Ty....an awesome offense; a "revival" on defense which you and Patrick can lead..... you are the final piece of the Superbowl puzzle, baby. How does that make you feel?

Forget that "show me the money" crap; sign with a team that WILL be in the hunt, with you putting them over the top. Agree to an incentive-laden, back-loaded contract....with an option: after one year, you can invalidate the contract and go after the money, if you want---if that's what you are really about. A year with a playoff bound team ,to show you are all-the-way-back, will get you alot of Benjamin's next spring....if that's what you are about. :)

What do you say? :hmmm:

I love thread where complete homers show that they have no bearing on reality and where their team really is in the grand scheme of things....

Thanks for the laugh...

Claynus
07-13-2005, 02:11 AM
I love thread where complete homers show that they have no bearing on reality and where their team really is in the grand scheme of things....

Thanks for the laugh...

The Pittsburgh Steelers went 15-1 last year. What was their record the year before?

Rausch
07-13-2005, 02:41 AM

Thanks for the laugh...

I don't think putting the Chiefs as a SB threat is a stretch.

No team has scored more pts than the chiefs over the last three years, and unlike the Colts we seem to be spending big $$$ to try and turn that around.

I'm not saying it'll work, but I can see a top 15 defense winning us two playoff games. Easy. Same for the Colts or Packers for that matter...

jspchief
07-13-2005, 05:45 AM

Thanks for the laugh...Unfortunately, I have to agree. The blatant homerism in the "play for a contender" arguement is kind of funny. If Law's main objective was playing for a winner, I don't think KC would be the first choice. Even out of the few teams that appear to still be interested, KC probably would not appear to be the best route to another ring.

The homer in me says that we will contend. But the realist in me says if I weren't a Chiefs fan, I might not consider them to be my first class ride to the Superbowl.

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Hmmm you been schtupping women with horizontal giners? Thinks maybe Kotter has his geometry all askew.:hmmm:

Heh. I've just never bought the myth of Oriental women with horizontal ones.... :p

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 06:50 AM

Thanks for the laugh...

I really wish you wouldn't talk about the Orangemane (and just about every football thread on that board) when you are here....not very gratious of you. :p

Saulbadguy
07-13-2005, 06:53 AM

Thanks for the laugh...
ROFL

See the irony!!

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-13-2005, 07:12 AM

Thanks for the laugh...
Ummmm....... who did you gaurantee would win the Super-Bowl last year?????

Stick to politics, football is too rough for you.

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 07:37 AM
...Stick to politics, football is too rough for you.

He should follow Duhnise's lead? Heh. ROFL

Nah, he's actually pretty knowledgeable about Football--IF and when, he's not tryin' to talk smack. :)

Saulbadguy
07-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Nah, he's actually pretty knowledgeable about Football--IF and when, he's not tryin' to talk smack. :)
I agree. It helps when he isn't talking about the Broncos either.

Electric
07-13-2005, 08:16 AM

That's exactly what we think of orange mainge members that spend more time on a Chiefs board than they do on their own board!!!

Electric
07-13-2005, 08:18 AM
I don't think putting the Chiefs as a SB threat is a stretch.

No team has scored more pts than the chiefs over the last three years, and unlike the Colts we seem to be spending big $$$ to try and turn that around.

I'm not saying it'll work, but I can see a top 15 defense winning us two playoff games. Easy. Same for the Colts or Packers for that matter...

IIRC the current odds are 14:1 that the Chiefs will be there, only 5 other teams have better odds. I'll do some looking to see if I can find a link.

StcChief
07-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Law (his agent) will try and leverage the Warfield situation with Chiefs.

I don't think the Chiefs will overpay for Law because of Warfield.

Warfield might as well start the appeal now.

jspchief
07-13-2005, 09:05 AM
IIRC the current odds are 14:1 that the Chiefs will be there, only 5 other teams have better odds. I'll do some looking to see if I can find a link.I'm not sure Ty Law is going to use Vegas odds to determine which team he wants to play for.

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure Ty Law is going to use Vegas odds to determine which team he wants to play for.

Maybe not, but do you think he's seriously going to consider playing in Miami or San Francisco?

jspchief
07-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Maybe not, but do you think he's seriously going to consider playing in Miami or San Francisco?I think if playing for a winner is the main factor, then Jacksonville would be a more logical choice to anyone who's not a Chiefs homer.

I also believe if playing for a winner was much of a consideration, he would make himself more affordable to teams that are more legitimate contenders, like the Colts.

Saulbadguy
07-13-2005, 10:16 AM
There is a 1 in 32 chance we, and every other team in the league, will win the Super Bowl. I think Ty Law and his Agent know that. Not too many players will take in to consideration if the team has been "winning". They are in it for the money, AND the situation.

I'd love to have Ty Law, but he won't be a Chief.

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 10:16 AM
I think if playing for a winner is the main factor, then Jacksonville would be a more logical choice to anyone who's not a Chiefs homer.

I also believe if playing for a winner was much of a consideration, he would make himself more affordable to teams that are more legitimate contenders, like the Colts.

I understand your point. I'm just hopin' he's "debating" these things in his own mind....heh.

Why Jacksonville? :hmmm:

jspchief
07-13-2005, 10:25 AM
IWhy Jacksonville? :hmmm:
1. Awesome defense
2. Winning record in previous year
3. A lot of talent on both sides of the ball
4. The one missing link on their D is a CB
5. Better history in play-offs

At the end of the year, JAX may not be better than us, but looking at them now, they are a lot closer to a play-off team than the Chiefs are. I just think if he's going to choose to be the "final piece of the puzzle", he's more likely to choose a puzzle that he can already tell what it looks like.

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 10:28 AM
1. Awesome defense
2. Winning record in previous year
3. A lot of talent on both sides of the ball
4. The one missing link on their D is a CB
5. Better history in play-offs

At the end of the year, JAX may not be better than us, but looking at them now, they are a lot closer to a play-off team than the Chiefs are. I just think if he's going to choose to be the "final piece of the puzzle", he's more likely to choose a puzzle that he can already tell what it looks like.

Fair enough. Although, if I were a betting man....I'd be putting a lot more money on us, than them. :D

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Bump....in case Ty drops in....heh.

We hear you and your agent are commiserating with the Chief's front office:

on 610 Sports they reported that Ty and the Chiefs were very close in salary amounts and are talking very seriously everyday. This is contingent on a workout and physical under the condition that he's not in football shape and if could he by by Sept. 11. Also, it was reported that Ty likes the Chiefs a lot and is a big fan of Gunther's system. Per Rhonda who's pretty good with this kind of thing...

Come on, baby; put your name on the dotted line.... :titus: