PDA

View Full Version : I did not know this was a sport............

chiefqueen
07-13-2005, 12:01 PM
.......but a big deal was being made on ESPN.com that the NHL & Players Association has reached a tentative deal. (At least somebody with the NHL has enough savvy to announce the deal on the quietest day of the year on the sports calendar in the US.)

But I must ask:

What is Hockey????????????

Is it a sport?????????????????

:hmmm::hmmm:

chagrin
07-13-2005, 12:01 PM
lame

HemiEd
07-13-2005, 12:02 PM
It takes up valuable space in the sports section of the paper that I must ignore. :Lin:

Skip Towne
07-13-2005, 12:06 PM
It's soccer on ice.

chagrin
07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
'ceptin it's cool, and they don't run around looking like a bunch of flit boys playing monkey in the middle

DeepSouth
07-13-2005, 12:18 PM
There is something about hockey that attracks women. Mobile had a minor league team for a while and the chicks were nuts over the players. Used to frequent a bar down town that the players would congregate after the games. Half of them couldn't speak english. They knew enough to ask the google eyed girls for sex.

I think chicks like the violence of the game.

mlyonsd
07-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Probably the biggest drawback to hockey is that only intelligent people understand the rules. Must be why it doesn't play well in Missouri.

DeepSouth
07-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Probably the biggest drawback to hockey is that only intelligent people understand the rules. Must be why it doesn't play well in Missouri.
I don't think it's been playing well in any state for over a year.

mlyonsd
07-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I don't think it's been playing well in any state for over a year.

Actually small time local hockey is much more exciting then the NHL. Lot more fights IMO.

Hockey is one of those rare sports where a great deal of the players join a professional league just for the hopes they'll be noticed and offered a college scholorship. We have a small team up here and some great players have gone through here that made it to the NHL.

And, you can laugh at the sport all you want but if it came down to a fight and I had the choice between a hockey/football/basketball/baseball/soccer player on my side I'd go with the hockey player almost every time.

DeepSouth
07-13-2005, 12:28 PM
but if it came down to a fight and I had the choice between a hockey/football/basketball/baseball/soccer player on my side I'd go with the hockey player almost every time.
They can be more aggressive. They're not afraid of getting their front teeth knocked out. Many of them haven't had any since they were about twelve.

ptlyon
07-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Hockey is one of those rare sports where a great deal of the players join a professional league just for the hopes they'll be noticed and offered a college scholorship.

Looks like you weren't offered one either.

KCTitus
07-13-2005, 12:41 PM
how about this for a game:

www.cornholegame.org -- dont worry, it's safe for work. It's really a game.

Duck Dog
07-13-2005, 12:41 PM

Hehe.

I always liked hockey. Gotta respect the toughness of the players.

runnercyclist
07-13-2005, 09:05 PM
It was a sad day. What a wonderful year it has been. Now back to wasted time on ESPN. Thank God for the NFL network!