Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 08:27 AM
What color suit will you be wearing?

Braincase
07-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Which radio station is that on?

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 08:30 AM
My $ says Law will go to the highest bidder. I'm really going out on a limb here...

Bwana
07-14-2005, 08:31 AM
My $ says Law will go to the highest bidder. I'm really going out on a limb here...

I agree and that won't be the Chiefs.

Dave Lane
07-14-2005, 08:34 AM
I agree and that won't be the Chiefs.

I'll ask the question for the 100th time why not us?

Dave

ChiTown
07-14-2005, 08:36 AM

Dave

MO-NAY

cadmonkey
07-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Law will be on the Patriots this year.

eazyb81

Dave

Because we won't be the highest bidder. Once Law proves he is 100% healthy, there are many teams that will be willling and able to outbid us for his services.

Bwana

Dave

Bank

cadmonkey
07-14-2005, 08:38 AM

Dave

What are you the Redsox?

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 08:38 AM
If Ty Law becomes a Chief I will do Jamie Pressley on the 50 yd line at Arrowhead. You can hold me to this.

cadmonkey
07-14-2005, 08:39 AM
If Ty Law becomes a Chief I will do Jamie Pressley on the 50 yd line at Arrowhead. You can hold me to this.

I would rather hold her...to that

Thig Lyfe
07-14-2005, 08:39 AM
When are Tony and Wilbon gonna be back?

Crush
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
What are you the Redsox?

No, but we are red.

Crush
07-14-2005, 08:41 AM

When ESPN realizes that the show sucks without them.

KCTitus
07-14-2005, 08:44 AM

no kidding...Ive switch from PTI to MASH re-runs until they get back. The show is unwatchable w/o Tony and Wilbon.

jwhit
07-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I agree. The show is unwatchable without Mike and Tony. Horrible.

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Whit; You signing with the Chiefs? Carl Peterson sucks, but other than that it's a good town. You could be the final piece in a Super Bowl run.

Law: Yeah, I like KC. If we can get something worked out. Thum's been calling.

Whit: What are they proposing? A 1 year deal?

Law: I can't really get into it, but we ain't close.

Whit: I've been pimping you for months in KC. Sign to prove me right.

Law: You gonna pay me $14 mil with a $8mil siging bonus?

KCTitus
07-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Lattimer: you missed a major part of that interview--the part about Jeff George.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
T is a coolor letter than J. From now on, I'm calling you twhit.

morphius
07-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Well, at least we are still in contact, though I didn't expect that would stop until he goes off the market.

StcChief
07-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I'd say if he is healthy liklely to go to highest bidder.
He's got his SB rings, now it's all about the money.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Nice of you to take one for the team.

the Talking Can
07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
http://www.barbecue-recipes.co.uk/Images/Resized%20site%20images/Ribs.jpg

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Nice of you to take one for the team.It seems like a great idea until he realizes she's only interested in doing him Joey-Pants-on-the-Sopranos style.

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 09:27 AM
It seems like a great idea until he realizes she's only interested in doing him Joey-Pants-on-the-Sopranos style.

Ewww. No thanks. I would settle for a Mike Damone Fast Times at Ridgemont High in the pool changing room throw down.

RedThat
07-14-2005, 09:28 AM
I don't think he'll necessary go to ONLY the highest bidder. Ok, he will eventually go to a team that is going to throw him a lot of dough, but, don't think he just wants the money, and money only is what I'm saying. Ty still wants to win and contribute. Basically, he will play for a team that will throw him a lot of dough, and has the best shot at winning, is what I'm saying.

I heard his agent(Poston) specifically mention this a while back on ESPN radio.
It was also mentioned in one of the KC Star articles. The Chiefs MAY be the best team for him.

KCTitus
07-14-2005, 09:30 AM
I don't think he'll necessary go to ONLY the highest bidder. Ok, he will eventually go to a team that is going to throw him a lot of dough, but, don't think he just wants the money, and money only is what I'm saying.

Im sorry, you're deluded. If he wanted to win and contribute, why not restructure with the back to back champs--reducing his 12M BASE salary?

Iowanian
07-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Law already has some Superbowl Jewelry. He's going to be after the Mon-ay. period.

Ultra Peanut
07-14-2005, 09:40 AM
What happened to the "bigsexy" login?

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 09:40 AM
What happened to the "bigsexy" login?He ate it.

That was too easy.

beavis
07-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Nice. Now he'll be making his 10 AM Gates run and won't pollute the board for a while. Well done.

RedThat
07-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Im sorry, you're deluded. If he wanted to win and contribute, why not restructure with the back to back champs--reducing his 12M BASE salary?

That's a different story. The Pats promised to pay him, and never did. And then they cut him. How would you feel if your Ty Law, and your employer promises to pay you and never does. He was lied to. Had the Pats kept their word, I'm sure he'd probably still be a Patriot helping them try to win a 4th SB

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 09:51 AM
That's a different story. The Pats promised to pay him, and never did. And then they cut him. How would you feel if your Ty Law, and your employer promises to pay you and never does. He was lied to. Had the Pats kept their word, I'm sure he'd probably still be a Patriot helping them try to win a 4th SBLet me grab some popcorn. This could be good.

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 09:53 AM
The Pats promised to pay him, and never did. And then they cut him. How would you feel if your Ty Law, and your employer promises to pay you and never does.

****NEWSFLASH****

That happens all the time in the NFL

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Copied from Chiefscoalition.

Was just listening to 610 Sports and they reported that Ty and the Chiefs were very close in salary amounts and are talking very seriously everyday. This is contingent on a workout and physical under the condition that he's not in football shape and if could he by by Sept. 11. Also, it was reported that Ty likes the Chiefs a lot and is a big fan of Gunther's system.

All this news is coming from Rhonda who's pretty good with this kind of thing.

Some pretty good news I'd say. If he could be ready to go a CB corp of Surtain and Law would be solid.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Some pretty good news I'd say. If he could be ready to go a CB corp of Surtain and Law would be solid.Yeah, mr/mrs whoever wrote this on chiefscoalition. If he's able to play when we need him, I don't see a downside to this. Warfield as a nickel in October doesn't sound too bad either. We could potentially go from one of the worst and thinnest secondaries to one of the best and deepest.

'course I also don't think it's going to happen.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 10:12 AM

ROFL :clap: that should keep him around a while.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:13 AM
that should keep him around a while.I don't think keeping round is a problem for twhit.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-14-2005, 10:15 AM
If he could be ready to go a CB corp of Surtain and Law would be solid.
Solid...? I'd say we'd have the best CB tandem in football in a long time.

RedThat
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM

mmm those ribs look good man. I think I'm gonna have some for lunch.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah, mr/mrs whoever wrote this on chiefscoalition. If he's able to play when we need him, I don't see a downside to this. Warfield as a nickel in October doesn't sound too bad either. We could potentially go from one of the worst and thinnest secondaries to one of the best and deepest.

Pretty much exactly what has been floating around in my head about the whole situation.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 10:18 AM
I don't think keeping round is a problem for twhit.

Very true in the literal sense. :)

Ari Chi3fs
07-14-2005, 10:36 AM
I agree. The show is unwatchable without Mike and Tony. Horrible.

gotta love self deprecating humor.

Brock
07-14-2005, 10:40 AM

Was just listening to 610 Sports and they reported that Ty and the Chiefs were very close in salary amounts and are talking very seriously everyday. This is contingent on a workout and physical under the condition that he's not in football shape and if could he by by Sept. 11. Also, it was reported that Ty likes the Chiefs a lot and is a big fan of Gunther's system.

Some pretty good news I'd say. If he could be ready to go a CB corp of Surtain and Law would be solid.

That'd be pretty amazing. The Chiefs could go from world's worst secondary to right among the best just like that.

Ari Chi3fs
07-14-2005, 10:42 AM
That'd be pretty amazing. The Chiefs could go from world's worst secondary to right among the best just like that.

yeah, i dont think my boner would fit in my jeans if this was to occur. Maybe so, but it would still be hard walking around.

Electric
07-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Ty Law on PTI with me today or Friday

Already taped the interview.

Denny Thum is still calling Ty.

What is PTI?

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 10:50 AM

What is PTI?

Pardon The Interruption on ESPN

Ari Chi3fs
07-14-2005, 10:52 AM

What is PTI?

Patriots TyLaw Interview

RedThat
07-14-2005, 10:53 AM

What is PTI?

It a show called Pardon The Interuption. Hosted by Tony Kornheiser and Micheal Wilbon.

the Talking Can
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM

I heard this as well....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, X-MAS FOR THE CHIEFS!!!

She made it sound like it was a done deal contigent on a workout.

Can you believe we might acquire 2 of the top 10 CBs in one freakin' offseason?!?!?!

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Can you believe we might acquire 2 of the top 10 CBs in one freakin' offseason?!?!?!

No. Therefore it will not happen.

Everybody is living in a pipe dream.

Goapics1
07-14-2005, 11:31 AM
It a show called Pardon The Interuption. Hosted by Tony Kornholer and Micheal Wilbon.
Correction.

the Talking Can
07-14-2005, 11:33 AM
No. Therefore it will not happen.

Everybody is living in a pipe dream.

hey, I'm a cynical bastard too...but they were reporting it as a negotiation at the point of hammering out details...it seemed to me a step beyond the general comments about being interested in Law at the right price...

an hour ago I would have scoffed at the idea...

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:35 AM
hey, I'm a cynical bastard too...but they were reporting it as a negotiation at the point of hammering out details...it seemed to me a step beyond the general comments about being interested in Law at the right price...Must...resist....urge....to.....say.....wellit'snotlikewe'veeverheardthatgoingonandhadaguyno tsign.

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 11:36 AM
an hour ago I would have scoffed at the idea...

typical run-of-the-mill-random-cynical bastard! (sorry, I just watched the Jerk last night)

I still scoff at it. I mock it. MOCK MOCK MOCK!!! :)

If it is such a case, get ready for salary cap hell.

KCTitus
07-14-2005, 11:39 AM
That's a different story. The Pats promised to pay him, and never did. And then they cut him. How would you feel if your Ty Law, and your employer promises to pay you and never does. He was lied to. Had the Pats kept their word, I'm sure he'd probably still be a Patriot helping them try to win a 4th SB

no, it's not a different story...you said it wasnt about the money and that he still wanted to win and contribute. If winning is the main thing, why would he want to leave the winningest franchise in the last 2-3 years? If money wasnt that important as you initially stated, why would he care about his contract?

Still, the above argument is a non starter, anyway, because base salary is not guaranteed. No one in the NFL should be counting their base salary until it is actually earned. The only thing that is safe is the signing bonus.

the Talking Can
07-14-2005, 11:39 AM
typical run-of-the-mill-random-cynical bastard! (sorry, I just watched the Jerk last night)

I still scoff at it. I mock it. MOCK MOCK MOCK!!! :)

I'll trade salary cap hell AND salary cap heck for a shot at a ring...

Andoverer
07-14-2005, 11:41 AM

Which is better than "Haven't been to the Superbowl for 35 years and counting hell"

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 11:41 AM
I'll trade salary cap hell AND salary cap heck for a shot at a ring...

hey, I want one too, but I guess I'm looking past that and more of the rebuilding years.

frustrating.

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Which is better than "Haven't been to the Superbowl for 35 years and counting hell"

see below

TRing
07-14-2005, 11:47 AM
What is the worst that could happen if we do sign him, we don't win the super bowl and we are out of cap space. Then in later years we .... don't win the super bowl. Sounds like we've been through that. Take a shot Carl!! Get the deal done!

alanm
07-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah, mr/mrs whoever wrote this on chiefscoalition. If he's able to play when we need him, I don't see a downside to this. Warfield as a nickel in October doesn't sound too bad either. We could potentially go from one of the worst and thinnest secondaries to one of the best and deepest.

The could possibly even move Warfield back to FS which is where he should have been all along. :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

TRing
07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
The could possibly even move Warfield back to FS which is where he should have been all along. :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:
mmmm .. dont know about that, we have enough S's

Anyong Bluth
07-14-2005, 11:57 AM
why wouldn't you want warfield at Nickel, with wesley and knight at the safeties, sapp for the dime....

This can't happen or I'm going to show up for the season opener and keep searching the crowd for Ashton kutcher b/c this is just a punk'd setup

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:59 AM
The could possibly even move Warfield back to FS which is where he should have been all along. I think I like him better at corner.

Besides, we have Bartee at safety now. Why, we don't need anyone else.

Count Alex's Losses
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Warfield was very good back in the day when he was the nickel corner. I think he had his best season playing nickel.

alanm
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I think I like him better at corner.

Besides, we have Bartee at safety now. Why, we don't need anyone else.
It's where he played at in HS and at Nebraska. He never played CB until Gunther converted him.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 12:05 PM
It's where he played at in HS and at Nebraska. He never played CB until Gunther converted him.I don't give a shit what he did in HS and at Nebraska. He's been playing corner in the NFL for seven years now, and he's played it well for the greater part of the last three. This was an argument that was valid four years ago. It's not now. Maybe we can come back to it in two or three years, if his back gets worse again or he starts to lose a step because he's old. Right now, assuming we're making a run, we need him at corner. I'd much rather be 3 deep there than 4 or 5 deep at safety and forced to rely on Benny Sapp or a rookie as our nickel and dime. Which is the whole point of signing Law in the first place, really, because the suspension is only a temporary thing.

Anyong Bluth
07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
so does this mean that Warfield's DUI could effectively win us a superbowl if Law signs and we have this rediculous 2ndary!?!

I wonder how MADD would feel if you sent them a letter crediting a possible superbowl season on such stupidity...

TRing
07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
see now guys (and ladies) before today i wouldnt have been disappointed if we didnt get Law,... now ...completely different story.. I really really want him.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 12:19 PM
see now guys (and ladies) before today i wouldnt have been disappointed if we didnt get Law,... now ...completely different story.. I really really want him.You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

yeah - what ever happened to the "he's hurt and wants too much money" crowd?

Reaper16
07-14-2005, 12:27 PM
You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Hell, he's a Chiefs fan, isn't he? Dissapointment is par for the course.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Hell, he's a Chiefs fan, isn't he? Dissapointment is par for the course.A true fan™ knows not to expect anything.

Scorp
07-14-2005, 12:40 PM
A true fan™ knows not to expect anything.

True, however I think everyone knows this is the year.All in or bust. I think you know that too. That is why I will be very suprised if Ty LAw is not a chief. It makes sense to blow the bank and cap on Ty Law for that oh so elusive trophy.

tomahawk kid
07-14-2005, 12:47 PM
I'll eat my words if Ty Law signs here, but I'm still from the Show Me State.

I'll believe it when I see it.......

CoMoChief
07-14-2005, 12:47 PM
yeah, i dont think my boner would fit in my jeans if this was to occur. Maybe so, but it would still be hard walking around.

My boner doesn't fit in my jeans anyway :p

Wile_E_Coyote
07-14-2005, 12:50 PM
<A name=239110>Jets | D. Abraham will Retire
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:19:15 -0700
Dan Leberfeld, of JetsConfidential.com, reports New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl) CB Donnie Abraham (http://www.kffl.com/player/1315/nfl) has decided to retire. Abraham had decided to return to the team, but after further thought Abraham decided to retire from the NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl).

CoMoChief
07-14-2005, 12:51 PM
I think even after signing Ambrose the Chiefs are still scared as shit going into the first 4 games against NYJ, Oak, Den, Philly

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 12:51 PM
<A name=239110>Jets | D. Abraham will Retire
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:19:15 -0700
Dan Leberfeld, of JetsConfidential.com, reports New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl) CB Donnie Abraham (http://www.kffl.com/player/1315/nfl) has decided to retire. Abraham had decided to return to the team, but after further thought Abraham decided to retire from the NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl).Rut-roh.

Someone dumping salary?

Wile_E_Coyote
07-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Rut-roh.

Someone dumping salary?

I don't know who this is:

<A name=239111>Jets | Trade for Hunter
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:20:12 -0700
Dan Leberfeld, of JetsConfidential.com, reports the New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl) have traded an undisclosed draft pick to the Dallas Cowboys (http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl) for CB Peter Hunter (http://www.kffl.com/player/5677/nfl).

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I'll eat my words if Ty Law signs here, but I'm still from the Show Me State.

I'll believe it when I see it.......

Hell, I live 1 state north of you and piss in the rivers you swim in and I am taking the same view. :p

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 12:54 PM
I can't believe I just said "rut-roh."

Effin' fag.

The Bad Guy
My boner doesn't fit in my jeans anyway :p

That's what happens when you pack 3 pairs of socks in with it.:p

tomahawk kid
Rut-roh.

Someone dumping salary?

Could be. I think the Jets would have signed Law by now though if that was their plan. I doubt today was the first time they've heard Abraham was going to call it quits.

HolmeZz
07-14-2005, 12:55 PM
I can't believe I just said "rut-roh."

Effin' Rump Ranger.

U"vE BEN SCOOB"d

tomahawk kid
07-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Hell, I live 1 state north of you and piss in the rivers you swim in and I am taking the same view. :p

Oh yeah....well this one time....I took a big poop in your state. Didn't flush the toilet either.......

Crush
07-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Chiefs + Law = Chaw? or Liefs?

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Oh yeah....well this one time....I took a big poop in your state. Didn't flush the toilet either.......Probably didn't matter anyway. Same smell and look as everything else there.

tomahawk kid
07-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Probably didn't matter anyway. Same smell and look as everything else there.

ROFL

Mr. Laz
07-14-2005, 01:00 PM
i'm one of the biggest skeptics around this board and i've considered Law a possibility for awhile now.

i don't really know why

maybe i get the feeling that the chiefs REALLY are going for it this time?!!?

maybe its because with the addition of ty law the chiefs REALLY will be a legit contender this year ... and Ty law is smart enough to see that and wants to look like the missing piece ala deon sanders.

imo we have a shot ... depends on how flexible law is about the contract he wants.

HolmeZz
07-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Hopefully Big Hefty tried to fit Kansas City Chiefs into his interview as much as possible.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 01:02 PM
i'm one of the biggest skeptics around this board and i've considered Law a possibility for awhile now.

i don't really know why

maybe i get the feeling that the chiefs REALLY are going for it this time?!!?

maybe its because with the addition of ty law the chiefs REALLY will be a legit contender this year ... and Ty law is smart enough to see that and wants to look like the missing piece ala deon sanders.

imo we have a shot ... depends on how flexible law is about the contract he wants.Maybe you're just a goddamn pollyanna princess.

Mr. Laz
07-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Maybe you're just a goddamn pollyanna princess.

i'm just a TRUE fan

:p

TRing
07-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Man, would ya'll of thought a year ago we would have Bell, Knight, Surtain, and DJ and be talking about getting Ty Law??? Hell no, this is unbelievable! Makes all of the losing seem tolerable. Now ... results are needed.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 01:07 PM
i'm just a TRUE fan Now, you know I hate having to repeat myself. :harumph: A true fan™ knows not to expect anything.We're bitter and hardened, prepared for - nay AWAITING - the worst possible outcome.

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah....well this one time....I took a big poop in your state. Didn't flush the toilet either.......

Probably couldn't find the handle.

insert a picture of an outhouse here

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Probably didn't matter anyway. Same smell and look as everything else there.

Ah yes, the smell of mon-ay

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Ah yes, the smell of mon-ayMoney would have the spell I imagine only if I were so wealthy that I could wipe my ass with it.

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Money would have the spell I imagine only if I were so wealthy that I could wipe my ass with it.

What? :spock:

Iowanian
07-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Too bad...........It must suck Bigsexy....gettting Scouped again by KK.

the Talking Can
07-14-2005, 02:59 PM
I heard this as well....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, X-MAS FOR THE CHIEFS!!!

She made it sound like it was a done deal contigent on a workout.

well, 610 pulled one over on me....bravo, you farkwads...

Saulbadguy
07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Kevin Keitzman owns Jason. Probably because he went to the better school.

Ari Chi3fs
07-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Sorry Big Sexy. :( ROFL

Thig Lyfe
07-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Whitlock is so 0wn3d.

Now he's going to be depressed and gorge on a rib buffet.

Actually, I think he does that when he's happy, too.

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Law will probably sign with Denver of Oakland now.

Thig Lyfe
07-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Law will probably sign with Denver of Oakland now.

Denver of Oakland? Are they pulling an Anaheim Angels name thing now?

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Denver of Oakland? Are they pulling an Anaheim Angels name thing now?

Hopefully, but more likely is meh ti-ping abill eh tee

Thig Lyfe
07-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Hopefully, but more likely is meh ti-ping abill eh tee

i can tiep at 248 wodrs per smintue.

HolmeZz
07-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Whitlock made sure to get a KC mention in. Law said what he's been saying, that he can't see the Chiefs being able to pay him AND Surtain, but if they can make it happen, more power to them.

Rausch
07-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Already taped the interview.

Denny Thum is still calling Ty.

If you ever wanted to do anything to get the Chiefs to sign a guy like Law call George and any NFL friends you might have and tell them to lie to Law for us about Peterson.

Forget Carl and Denny, work on getting Law to want the Chiefs...

Rausch
07-14-2005, 05:16 PM
hey, I want one too, but I guess I'm looking past that and more of the rebuilding years.

frustrating.

As long as we win the trophy this year I don't care if it takes us another 30 to get back...

jspchief
07-14-2005, 05:22 PM
As long as we win the trophy this year I don't care if it takes us another 30 to get back...A lot of Chiefs fans have been saying that, but I wonder how happy they all will be if in four years we're putting up our second 4-12 season in a row.

Personally, I think this team has done about everything we fans could have asked of it in terms of off-season moves this year. If they used a little fiscal responsibility in determining that they can't afford Law, I have no problem with that.

Rausch
07-14-2005, 05:27 PM
A lot of Chiefs fans have been saying that, but I wonder how happy they all will be if in four years we're putting up our second 4-12 season in a row.

Personally, I think this team has done about everything we fans could have asked of it in terms of off-season moves this year. If they used a little fiscal responsibility in determining that they can't afford Law, I have no problem with that.

Frankly, 6-10 isn't nearly as painful as 13-3 and pulling another choke job. By week 9 you're already numb in a suck-arse season.

I've had nothing but heartbreak since 89. The whole point is to win a super bowl.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't think signing Law is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back in terms of whether we have a salary purge a few years from now. We'll either have one or we won't, whether we sign him or not. His contract on it's own won't be enough to push us over the edge. I think there's even a chance that we may have signed so many free agents for so much in bonus money the last three years that it's not avoidable, regardless of Law's status with the Chiefs, or lack thereof.

But I also know there are ways to work around the cap, and that any purge shouldn't last more than one or two seasons. Dead money doesn't stay on the books indefinitely. A contract can be done, if we want it to be done. "We" meaning both parties, just just KC. I don't think it's a coincidence that Law isn't signed by any team, so I don't think we necessarily need to look at this as just what the Chiefs are willing to pay; nobody is willing to pay what Law wants. Yet.

penchief
07-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I don't know who this is:

<A name=239111>Jets | Trade for Hunter
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:20:12 -0700
Dan Leberfeld, of JetsConfidential.com, reports the New York Jets (http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl) have traded an undisclosed draft pick to the Dallas Cowboys (http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl) for CB Peter Hunter (http://www.kffl.com/player/5677/nfl).

I've never heard of him either but just the thought of a Peter Hunter on the corner sounds scary.

Iowanian
07-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Pete Hunter was one of the UFA's followed by HBO 3 years ago at Training camp. He made the team as a RFA, and worked himself into playing time and starting I think.

He's a decent corner, but not Great.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 06:54 PM
I've never heard of him either but just the thought of a Peter Hunter on the corner sounds scary.
ROFL ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
07-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Did 610 really report that?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-14-2005, 08:25 PM
I think even after signing Ambrose the Chiefs are still scared as shit going into the first 4 games against NYJ, Oak, Den, Philly

I'd be lying if I said I was comfortable going into the season with Surtain and Ambrose as starters. I'm fine with Surtain, but not Ambrose. We'll be playing big boys the first four games and throughout the season and if we get into the playoffs. If you wanna beat big boys, you have to have big boys, especially and definitely on defense, or no ring.

arrowhead20
07-14-2005, 08:49 PM
hes not gonna say hes close to any team, hes not gonna jeopardize his money getting situation by doing that. the postons have written a script for him to read from because word is he said the same exact thing to all of the markets interested in him, just subbing the names of the cities. when we were going for surtain, it didnt look like it was going to get done, but low and behold the day before the draft we got him.
word is we may already have a deal in principal pending he passes a physical.
so im not giving up on him until its official.
mind games man, MIND GAMES!!!!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
07-14-2005, 08:59 PM
I think it's good news that there are conflicting reports. That means something is about to happen and they are trying to work out a deal, IMO. That team Law is talking about signing with, may very well be the Chiefs, but of course he won't say.

FRCDFED
07-14-2005, 09:05 PM
I would rather hold her...to that
I have no idea what you typed! I am caught in a trance with that perfect azz wiggling on your screen!! :thumb:

Bootlegged
07-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Ok, was this on yesterday? Cause Law ain't on now... Anyone?

HolmeZz
07-15-2005, 04:46 PM
It was yesterday.