PDA

View Full Version : Cool bikes...

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 09:58 AM
I know a guy that works at Exotic Cars of Ceasar's Palace and he sent me these photos of some new bikes they are going to carry. They have Jesses James' bikes too.

On one, the engine becomes the entire frame and on the other there are no center axles.

Start at $250,000.

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 09:58 AM
pic

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 09:59 AM
pic2

RedNFeisty
07-14-2005, 10:00 AM
250K for that? Okay, what is so special about that bike!?!

MOhillbilly
07-14-2005, 10:02 AM
there was a time when i thought of Outlaws when i thought of custom bikes and Harleys or atleast those abit outside the bounds of society.
Now i think of fat old men(lawyers and CPAs) wearing Nikes,trying to outlive there last days.

MOhillbilly
07-14-2005, 10:03 AM

it kills you twice as fast.

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 10:03 AM
another

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 10:04 AM
one more

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 10:06 AM
what is so special about that bike!?!

They look cool, the engine becomes the entire frame and on the other there are no center axles.

Just a new toy for people with lots of disposable income.

Donger
07-14-2005, 10:15 AM
pic2

Ok, this may be a very stupid question, but how exactly does the front wheel rotate?

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Ok, this may be a very stupid question, but how exactly does the front wheel rotate?I was wondering the same thing. As well as how the rear wheel is mounted.

Scorp
07-14-2005, 10:22 AM
250k LOL

I will stick with mine.

http://www.burnspot.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/10009/cppic.jpg

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Wow, those are really well done. The one without the center axles is incredible. The only thing that bothers me about it: if you look where the gas tank and seat merge, it looks like a real ball pincher. Ow!

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Ok, this may be a very stupid question, but how exactly does the front wheel rotate?

I don't know, but I just emailed him and asked that.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't know, but I just emailed him and asked that.

If you look at the pix you will see two half moon shaped pieces below the fork. They will have bearings that the hub rides on. I am confident that it is similar to a train trak. It would need to be slotted to keep the wheel on their or some other containment device.

Radar Chief
07-14-2005, 10:55 AM
On one, the engine becomes the entire frame

That isnít exactly new, super bikes and GP bikes have been hanging the engine as a stressed member of the frame for +15 years now.
Ducati and Honda even had one that the swing arm pivot was cast into the rear of the transmission case. Made for a shorter wheel base, or allows for a longer swing arm in the same wheel base, that way.

Radar Chief
07-14-2005, 10:57 AM
If you look at the pix you will see two half moon shaped pieces below the fork. They will have bearings that the hub rides on. I am confident that it is similar to a train trak. It would need to be slotted to keep the wheel on their or some other containment device.

Thatís what I was thinkín, like a full floating differential where a wheel hub rides on a spindle.

JimNasium
07-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm a big fan of Arlen Ness

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/bike/slideshows/roundfour/finalbikes/gallery/ness_c_zoom.jpg

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Thatís what I was thinkín, like a full floating differential where a wheel hub rides on a spindle.

You said it better than I did, exactly. Looks really radical doesn't it. I like it.

Radar Chief
07-14-2005, 11:18 AM
You said it better than I did, exactly. Looks really radical doesn't it. I like it.

Yes it does.

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the info Hemi and Radar.

I am not sure how much he knows about the bikes as of now anyway. He sells the Exotics and is really into them. He is really knowledgeable, so I am sure he is picking up the stuff fast.

I think it is really cool what he is doing anyway, I have known him since he was about 12 and he is living in Vegas running with the big dogs.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 12:54 PM

I am not sure how much he knows about the bikes as of now anyway. He sells the Exotics and is really into them. He is really knowledgeable, so I am sure he is picking up the stuff fast.

I think it is really cool what he is doing anyway, I have known him since he was about 12 and he is living in Vegas running with the big dogs.

Thanks to you for sharing the pictures. Scorp's bike is more reality for most of us but the very rich can spend a 1/4 million like pocket change.

Radar Chief
07-14-2005, 01:00 PM

Theyíre definitely cool lookín bikes. :thumb:

ChiefsOne
07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
You guys were correct on how they work, here's what he said how it operates:

The tires are on ball bearings that rotate around the wheels. The wheel is stationary which is what blows people away. The bike is propelled by a wheel that rolls along the rear tire. The brakes and everything are hidden in the rear fender. Did you also notice that there is no frame to the bike. Everything is mounted to the engine.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 04:42 PM
You guys were correct on how they work, here's what he said how it operates:

The tires are on ball bearings that rotate around the wheels. The wheel is stationary which is what blows people away. The bike is propelled by a wheel that rolls along the rear tire. The brakes and everything are hidden in the rear fender. Did you also notice that there is no frame to the bike. Everything is mounted to the engine.

Wow, the thing isn't going to win an efficiency contest or drag race but looks incredible.

Dave Lane
07-14-2005, 06:07 PM

Built-in vibrator...

Dave