PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick and wife separating

Coach
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I know it's not the Chiefs, but hell, it's football eh?

Belichick calls separation 'not a new development'

In a statement to ESPN.com, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick confirmed Wednesday night that he and his wife, Debby, are separated.

"This is not a new development," Belichick said. "I ask that my personal privacy be respected."

Rumors of the separation first appeared earlier this week on internet message boards, including one devoted to Patriots fans, and the Boston-area media in recent days began to make inquiries about the status of the Belichicks' marriage.

The inference of some posts on one message board have been that the separation will be a distraction for Belichick and undermine New England's chances in 2005 of becoming the first team in NFL history to capture three straight Super Bowl championships.

But the separation occurred before the 2004 season, one in which Belichick appeared undeterred by personal issues, and in which the Patriots won a third Super Bowl title in four years.

Belichick, 53, won an ESPY on Wednesday night as the coach/manager of the year.

The Belichicks have long shared philanthropic interests and their charitable endeavors together have been considerable, including the Bill and Debby Belichick Scholarship, founded in 2001 and awarded annually to an Annapolis High School senior for academic and athletic achievement.

The couple has three children.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2107379

alpha_omega
07-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Slow NFL news day.

Rain Man
07-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Belichick reported that she was a solid performer and a team player, but that he just couldn't justify her household cap cost any more, particularly in light of the household's need for a ballhawking Swedish au pair.

alpha_omega
07-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Belichick reported that she was a solid performer and a team player, but that he just couldn't justify her household cap cost any more, particularly in light of the household's need for a ballhawking Swedish au pair.
ROFL

Goapics1
07-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Damn, he even will cut his wife for salary cap purposes.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Just what we needed. Belichick with less distractions.

oldandslow
07-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Just what we needed. Belichick with less distractions.

depends upon the au pair.

Amnorix
07-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Just for clarity -- Belichick confirmed that this happened before the beginning of the '04 season. So while this is "news" in terms of "nobody knew about it before", it's not a new development.

Still, very sad to hear. Childhood sweethearts, 28 years of marriage and 3 kids later, they separate. It's not hard to see, though. The freakin' guy is at work from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. for 7 days a week the entire football season, and probably pulls similar hours for most of the off-season. At that piont, you're married to your job, not your spouse.

But still -- I'll take that insane football-crazed lunatic as my coach in a heartbeat. Sad as it is, I'm not his wife...

Idahored
07-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Sad, but this is what 20 hour work days do to you.....

Personally, I would rather have my wife..

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Sad as it is, I'm not his wife...But you would be, if he asked.

Coach
07-14-2005, 11:48 AM
But you would be, if he asked.

Either that or Tom Brady would ask him, I'm sure....

tomahawk kid
07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Sad, but this is what 20 hour work days do to you.....

Personally, I would rather have my wife..

Yep. Hopefully for the sake of his family, this won't have to play out in the media......

Goapics1
07-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Anybody got a photo of his wife?

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Anybody got a photo of his wife?I think the general reponse to that is "No, but I do have some of yours".

Mr. Laz
07-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Sad, but this is what 20 hour work days do to you...

yep ... being a NFL head coach has to be hard on a marriage

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:56 AM
yep ... being a NFL head coach has to be hard on a marriageI found the hardest part to be the wife.

But that's me.

Amnorix
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
But you would be, if he asked.

Nah, but I'd set him up with hookers anytime he wanted. ;)

Mr. Laz
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I found the hardest part to be the wife.

But that's me.

bitter ol' fugger ROFL ROFL

Goapics1
bitter ol' fugger ROFL ROFL
any pics of her Laz?

ChiTown
I found the hardest part to be the wife.

But that's me.

Maybe your wife being harder than you led to your divorce? :hmmm:

Amnorix
Anybody got a photo of his wife?

I'm sure someone will pull one, but honestly, I'm not sure I've ever seen her. I've seen his kids plenty of times -- TV, photos, etc., but never his wife. Not sure why.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Maybe your wife being harder than you led to your divorce?Hell, with all the suprises at the time, to see her drop trou and reveal a schlong would've just been par for the course.bitter ol' fugger Notsomuch bitter as acknowledging that I don't play well with others. :D

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm sure someone will pull one, but honestly, I'm not sure I've ever seen her. I've seen his kids plenty of times -- TV, photos, etc., but never his wife. Not sure why.Pervert.

tyton75
07-14-2005, 12:13 PM
pics?? is she hot or a mule?

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 12:14 PM
http://graphics.boston.com/sports/patriots/superbowl/galleries/pats_party/p3.jpg

tyton75
07-14-2005, 12:14 PM
maybe Bellicheck just started hanging with Brady and nailing his castoffs

or he pulled a Marty.... Is Greg Hill on that team??

Amnorix
07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Here's the daughter. *cough*

http://condor.wesleyan.edu/openmedia/athletics/04wlaxmugs/belichick,a07.jpg

Goapics1
07-14-2005, 12:18 PM
http://graphics.boston.com/sports/patriots/superbowl/galleries/pats_party/p3.jpg
She looks a little like Tagliabue. Can't really see her face, it is obstructed by one of his kids.

whoman69
07-14-2005, 12:37 PM
She's probably dumping him because he wore a sweatshirt and sweatpants on their last anniversary.

Rain Man
07-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Here's the daughter. *cough*

Ted Johnson had better be looking over his shoulder.

Iowanian
07-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Cutting her is going to accellerate her leaving Bonus and knock the shit out of his personal Salary Cap.

Ah waaaant HALF eddie!

His ex is going to be pretty pissed when she realizes that he's replacing that High mileage vet with too many unnacceptable demands, with 6, young, buff rookie FA cooterbacks.

the Talking Can
07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I thought Amnorix said the Patriot's dont get divorced?

Saul Good
07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I doubt he ever remarries...unless someone makes a tux out of sweats.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 01:44 PM
depends upon the au pair.I am sure he can multi task.

Thig Lyfe
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
It was because of their love life. Bill's idea of "talking dirty" was describing how he used Troy Brown in nickel packages in certain 3rd down situations.

Amnorix
07-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Ted Johnson had better be looking over his shoulder.

ROFL Ouch!

vailpass
07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Does anyone have a picture of her box

seat?

Gravedigger
07-14-2005, 05:38 PM
You know guys how we say we've been out with the stupidest women in the world before ... I think this one topples all that. Bill's not exactly the smoothest talker or looker for that matter but the man is the most prolific coach in football today no matter how much pain that causes me to say.

Coach
07-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Here's the daughter. *cough

http://thebrushback.com/Archives/billbelechick_full.htm

Granted, it's old, but it's pretty funny.

Bill Belichick Forced To Cut Daughter From Cash-Strapped Family

FOXBORO, MA--Bill Belichick has made some difficult decisions during his storied career. Never one to let personal relationships get in the way of the bottom line, the Patriots coach has cut some big names to ensure the stability of the team. Just last year, fan favorite Lawyer Milloy was axed four days before the start of the season, leaving the football world in a state of shock. This year, he’s taken a hard-line stance with Ty Law and released Antoine Smith, the tailback that brought him two Superbowls.

Those choices were certainly painful, but they were nothing compared to the decision Belichick made this weekend, when he decided to cut his 10-year-old daughter from the family for financial reasons.

“This is one of the toughest decisions I’ve ever had to make,” said a cold, steely eyed Belichick at a press conference afterwards. “Jessica was a great kid and I wish her all the luck in the world. If I had my way I’d keep all my kids forever, but this is a bottom line world. The family is in debt right now and if we want to remain financially viable in the future, we have to make some hard choices. Therefore, Jessica is being granted her unconditional release from the Belichick family, effective immediately.”

Jessica was sent packing Sunday evening and was last seen hitchhiking down I-95 South in Rhode Island.

“Jessica should understand that this isn’t a personal thing at all,” continued Belichick. “On the contrary, my wife and I love her very much and have always considered her a productive member of the family. But this family isn’t about just one person. We have a son to think about, too, as well as my wife, a German shepherd puppy, a cockatiel, and me. By eliminating Jessica, we save thousands a year.”

According to family financial records, 10-year-old Jessica was costing close to $20,000 annually to feed, clothe, educate, and entertain. On the contrary, 6-year-old Justin costs only half that amount.

“I can’t let my personal feelings get in the way of my decision making,” said Belichick. “That’s just not a good way to do business, and it’s not a good way to operate a family. To be honest, Jessica was starting to get a little selfish. She had to have her own phone line, her own Internet account—it was getting a little ridiculous. We can’t have everyone on a different page. Cutting her will definitely streamline things a bit .”

When Belichick sat down to do his 2003 taxes, he knew that changes would have to be made in order to save the family from financial ruin. Rumors swirled about Jessica’s impending release, but it was still a shock when it actually happened.

“She was real surprised,” said an emotional Helen Belichick, Jessica’s mom. “In all honesty, I think she overestimated her value to this family. Sure, she’s a great daughter, but she’s not bigger than the family unit. We have another child, and there are plenty of kids at the orphanage who could do all the things she did, but cheaper and with a lot less attitude. Still, it is terribly sad to see your own daughter kicked out of the family forever.”

As expected, young Justin was shocked and furious upon learning of his sister’s release. The two had grown close over the years, and the move hit him the hardest.

“I miss Jess. I can’t believe daddy cut her,” sobbed Justin. “What are we gonna do without her? Sisters don’t just grow on trees, you know. I hate being in this family. First Lawyer Milloy, then Antoine Smith, now my sister. I wonder when my time will come.”

Belichick insists that Justin is safe for now. In fact, the youngster will benefit greatly from the release of his sister, as the family now has more money to spend on him.

“I’m sure he’ll be thrilled next Christmas,” said Belichick. “When he looks under the tree and sees that new GameCube, he’ll forget about Jessica pretty quick.”

Despite his family’s disappointment, Belichick drew high praise from around the NFL for his efficient handling of the Jessica release.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated marveled at the Coach’s courage and intelligence in making the tough decision for the sake of his family.

“You can criticize Belichick all you want, but you can’t argue with results. He’s got two Superbowl rings and a great family. That’s because he’s not a sentimental guy. He thinks in terms of the bottom line, and that’s how you must be in this business. I see all these other dads spending and spending and spending on their kids. They can’t bring themselves to release the little bastards, and end up financially crippled for life. I wonder when people are going to learn. In football, as in family life, the well being of the unit comes before the well being of the individual. Maybe little Jessica should’ve thought of that before she started running up that cell phone bill.”

Now that the Belichick family has freed itself from the burden of their daughter Jessica, it’s time to start looking ahead to the future. With the family in excellent financial shape heading into the new fiscal year, Belichick plans to start shopping around for another daughter in order to round out the family unit once again. Whoever the new sibling will be, she’ll come cheap, or she won’t last very long.

“It’s certainly feasible for us now to begin looking for another child to add to our family,” Belichick said. “But we don’t just go for the big names or the most glamorous young girls. We’ll probably look for something practical, like one of those Guatemalan orphans--you know, like you see on those Sally Struthers commercials. We could send away for one. They’re dirt-cheap, you can dress them in rags, and they’re used to eating only once or twice a week. But whoever it is, they’ll really have to embrace the team concept. That what this family is all about. Believe me, I didn’t win two Superbowl rings by being sentimental and compassionate. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go shoot the dog.”