PDA

View Full Version : Supplemental Draft Day....

Coogs
07-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Any news? Wright or Crosby going to be Chiefs?

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Ooh, ooh, ooh!

What?

TRR
07-14-2005, 11:50 AM
What time does the Supplemental Draft kick off?

Wright, other than his 40 time, looked horrible in his individual workout the other day. He came in around 327 (the scouts wanted him at 310), pulled a hamstring, finished the workout, but was unimpressive. He only got 16 reps up in the bench press. The norm is around 25.

After reading an article about Wright, he sounds like Ryan Sims II.

Mr. Laz
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
i wouldn't imagine the chiefs would commit anything higher than a 3rd rounder for anyone.

Brock
07-14-2005, 12:36 PM
anybody got cliffs notes on how the supp draft works?

Amnorix
07-14-2005, 12:37 PM
ProFootballTalk.com says the 'phins grabbed Wright in the 5th round.

They therefore forfeit the 2006 5th round pick.

ct
07-14-2005, 12:38 PM
i wouldn't imagine the chiefs would commit anything higher than a 3rd rounder for anyone.

I agree, but if either Wright or Roscoe are around in the 4th or 5th/6th, respectively, just might be worth a shot. There's also a possibility Roscoe won't be selected at all, and could be had for free.

I heard another WR just entered the supp draft a few days ago, Michigan St. maybe? Can't remember. Anyone?

TRR
07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
ProFootballTalk.com says the 'phins grabbed Wright in the 5th round.

They therefore forfeit the 2006 5th round pick.

They can have him.

ct
07-14-2005, 12:40 PM

Similar ordering as the real draft. Every team has an opportunity to grab whomever is available at any time. But whatever round of pick you select a player with, you forfiet that same round in the next year's draft.

So looks like Miami gives up next year's 5th round pick for Manual Wright. I think I would have taken a shot with a 4th, what the he!!? He was unimpressive at a workout after tweaking his hammy on his 1st 40 sprint, but gutted out the remainder of the workout. That says something at least.

Amnorix
07-14-2005, 12:41 PM

1. Done entirely by email (used to be by conference call).

2. Players are those that are declared eligible after the regular draft, often because they are ruled academically ineligible for their last year of college.

3. Teams that use a pick in X round on a player give up their pick in X round of the next year's regular draft.

4. According to ProFootballTalk.com, the order of selection for this year's supplemental draft (which is determined by some kind of lottery) was as follows:

1. New York Giants

2. Miami

3. Detroit

4. Dallas

5. Tampa Bay

6. Washington

7. Tennessee

8. Chicago

9. Arizona

10. San Francisco

11. Oakland

12. Cleveland

13. Kansas City

14. Baltimore

15. Houston

16. Buffalo

17. Cincinnati

18. Carolina

19. New Orleans

20. Jacksonville

21. Green Bay

22. St. Louis

23. San Diego

24. Minnesota

25.Pittsburgh

26.Atlanta

27. Denver

28. Seattle

29. Indianapolis

30. New York Jets

31. New England

32. Philadelphia

TRR
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I agree, but if either Wright or Roscoe are around in the 4th or 5th/6th, respectively, just might be worth a shot. There's also a possibility Roscoe won't be selected at all, and could be had for free.

I heard another WR just entered the supp draft a few days ago, Michigan St. maybe? Can't remember. Anyone?

Agim Shabaj. Not too impressive.

Mr. Laz
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM

all teams with 6 wins or less go into weighted lottery drawing for draft order first.

all other non playoff teams go into weighted lottery for next group selection order.

playoff teams are grouped last by weighted lottery

teams email their choices to main office

ex. 1st round - who do you select

then do the same for each round after that

if 2 teams select the same player in the same round, whomever was slotted with the higher pick gets player.

if you get a player ... you lose the same round of draft pick in the next year's regular draft.

ct
07-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Didn't realize there was a special lottery for this draft order. Thanks Amnorix and Laz!