PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get a new car.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 12:00 PM
I am looking at trading in the wifes 2002 civic for either an ALTIMA or ACCORD.
I like them both but the altima dosent hold its resale value and the accord does i have had hondas for awhile i drive a 2004-CRV and love it.
I wanted to see what all of you thought and all your info would be great.

THANKS,
CASHMAN.

alpha_omega
07-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Accord...without a doubt.
Both of our cars are Accords. Highest recommendation!

phisherman
07-14-2005, 12:08 PM
man, go w/ the accord!

I just bought a 2005 Accord LX w/ manual, and man, i love it!

i traded in my 2001 civic for it too....

bp

Electric
07-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Accord...without a doubt.
Both of our cars are Accords. Highest recommendation!

Try the Hybrids. I have a Toyota Prius, gets 48 mpg. At the price of gas today I'm making money.

Honda has one or two as well. The Honda gets better mileage on the highway and the Toyota's get better in town mileage.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
man, go w/ the accord!

I just bought a 2005 Accord LX w/ manual, and man, i love it!

i traded in my 2001 civic for it too....

bp

Thats is what i was thanking i want the spolier and 6-cd and all the good stuff.

CASHMAN. :clap:

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 12:17 PM
PHIS-were did you buy it at??

CASHMAN.

tyton75
07-14-2005, 12:28 PM
I would go with the Accord... but my brother has an Altima and he raves about it... getting ready to flip 200k miles and has never had any engine trouble with it... just normal stuff like tires..

so I'm betting you couldn't go wrong either way

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Why trade in a 3 year old car? Unless, of course, it's giving you problems... :shrug:

phisherman
07-14-2005, 12:45 PM
PHIS-were did you buy it at??

CASHMAN.

I bought mine at Lee's Summit Honda. It's at Colbern Road and 470.

PM me if you want to talk about what I spent; I can give you a price point and somewhere to start.

bp

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Why trade in a 3 year old car? Unless, of course, it's giving you problems... :shrug:
Nothing wrong with it all the wife just wants to get a new car and a 4 door, and if we can get a good trade price and payments were we are now then great.

PHISH- I am going to buy here in KS since they will add the sales-tax in for me.

CASHMAN.

KUalum
07-14-2005, 12:53 PM
If you haven't seen the '06 Accord that will hit showrooms later this year or early next year as an '07 check out the spy shots on the net. The back end looks better than the current.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 12:55 PM
If you haven't seen the '06 Accord that will hit showrooms later this year or early next year as an '07 check out the spy shots on the net. The back end looks better than the current.

Send me a link, we are not in a rush to do this so we have time.

CASHMAN.

phisherman
07-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Send me a link, we are not in a rush to do this so we have time.

CASHMAN.

Ahhh..

I used a dealership in Kansas to drive the price down...I'd recommend O'Neill Honda at 80th and Metcalf.

bp

Rain Man
07-14-2005, 12:59 PM

That was my first thought. The 2002 still has another ten years of service in it.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference, though. Keep that economy humming.

stevieray
07-14-2005, 01:02 PM

must..not..appear...to be ...white trash.

KUalum
07-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Here is an edmunds article with spy shots (bottom right hand side of the page) where you can see the upcoming changes. They say it's the 2007 model - this may be true, but the changes are supposed to debut in the year calendar '05

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=106204#4

Rain Man
07-14-2005, 01:12 PM

You gonna ask if you can live in it for a while? :)

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 01:14 PM

???OK

CASHMAN.

stevieray
07-14-2005, 01:15 PM
You gonna ask if you can live in it for a while? :)

I already have my van.

Besides, changing taillights and rasing the price doesn't constitute a new car, IMO.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 01:19 PM
That was my first thought. The 2002 still has another ten years of service in it.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference, though. Keep that economy humming.
We just want to get a newer car and like the looks of the accord and altima, and if we can get the same payment we have now we will be happy:).

CASHMAN.

cookster50
07-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Nothing wrong with it all the wife just wants to get a new car and a 4 door, and if we can get a good trade price and payments were we are now then great.

CASHMAN.

I've heard from a couple co-workers that CarMax usually offers a pretty good price to buy a car from you.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 01:22 PM
I already have my van.

Besides, changing taillights and rasing the price doesn't constitute a new car, IMO.

and they are foreign cars http://www.usd230.k12.ks.us/PICTT/

stevieray
07-14-2005, 01:25 PM
and they are foreign cars http://www.usd230.k12.ks.us/PICTT/

Buy mitsubishi, in memory of our fallen @ Pearl Harbor.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Buy mitsubishi, in memory of our fallen @ Pearl Harbor.

exactly, if GM goes down the destruction to this economy will be worse than any war we have ever been in.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 01:40 PM
I am looking at trading in the wifes 2002 civic for either an ALTIMA or ACCORD.
I like them both but the altima dosent hold its resale value and the accord does i have had hondas for awhile i drive a 2004-CRV and love it.
I wanted to see what all of you thought and all your info would be great.

THANKS,
CASHMAN.I am the proud owner of a 03 Accord LX V6, 260 HP.

Best car that I have owned so far. Well worth what they are asking for it.

stevieray
07-14-2005, 01:52 PM
they

no pun intended.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Buy mitsubishi, in memory of our fallen @ Pearl Harbor.This is probably a bad time to mention my Toshiba TV, my Daewoo DVD player, my Sony stereo and the Toyota truck that's on the way. Not to mention this german computer.

stevieray
07-14-2005, 02:11 PM
This is probably a bad time

what else is new? ;)

Miles
07-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Buying a car built in the US, which consists of around 95% domestic parts, through US distribution and sales channels is bad for the US economy.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 02:18 PM
95% domestic parts.

What car would that be? If you are contending that a Nissan, Toyota or Honda has that, someone somewhere is not being truthfull. This link provides some very important data IMO. http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/bamw/bamw-050507-gm.shtml

Here is a sample read from the link:
General Motors spent $5.2 billion on health care for their workers and retirees in 2004. The 2005 figure will be higher. The figure for Toyota, for instance, is certainly less since they didnít build their first American factory until 1987. The Georgetown, KY factory, which assembles the Toyota Camry, was built with Japanese steel by a Japanese steel company. Toyota was given 1,500 of free land. To attract this Japanese company to America, we even established a "special trade zone" so they could import parts duty-free from Japan. Financing was handled by Mitsui Bank of Japan. Total federal, state and local tax incentives (read giveaways) reached $100 million - courtesy of your tax dollars and mine.

These are some of the hidden costs few think about when selecting their next car. Before the first Toyota in American was ever assembled, the American steel industry, parts industry and finance industry took it on the chin. American tax obligations were also raised to boot. Todayís Camry has a 55% domestic parts content, which is down from 75% just a few years earlier. American alternatives like the Chevy Impala has a 98% domestic parts content and the aging Ford Taurus, which used to be the number one selling car in America before the Camry took the top spot, has a 95% domestic parts content.

Electric
07-14-2005, 02:30 PM
exactly, if GM goes down the destruction to this economy will be worse than any war we have ever been in.

GM could recover if they had a mind to. Just think of the current deal they have on cars. They are selling them at employee rates, do you honestly think that they aren't making a profit still on 1/3 less on a car?

If you work for GM for 30 years you can retire with a pension of $3,000 per month for the rest of your life, plus you get free health insurance as well. That retirement program is better than any you can get anywhere, other than congress!!

I'm just talking about GM, I'd bet that Ford and the rest have similar deals through the UAW as well.

The biggest jerks of all is all of us that buy the big vehicles that get 15 mpg. With gas prices in an upward trend, it will never get cheaper to drive.

Who ever perfects the hydrogen energy cell first will be the richest people in the world, it works without gas.

morphius
07-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I went with the Altima SE recently, don't get stolen like Honda's, don't have the super high premiums on insurance either. Love the car, about as fast as you would want from a front wheel drive car. My wife, from working in insurance, just wasn't going to even look at a Honda. We had a 99 Altima and never had any issues with it until it was totalled...

Miles
07-14-2005, 02:44 PM
What car would that be? If you are contending that a Nissan, Toyota or Honda has that, someone somewhere is not being truthfull. This link provides some very important data IMO. http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/bamw/bamw-050507-gm.shtml

General Motors spent $5.2 billion on health care for their workers and retirees in 2004. The 2005 figure will be higher. The figure for Toyota, for instance, is certainly less since they didnít build their first American factory until 1987. The Georgetown, KY factory, which assembles the Toyota Camry, was built with Japanese steel by a Japanese steel company. Toyota was given 1,500 of free land. To attract this Japanese company to America, we even established a "special trade zone" so they could import parts duty-free from Japan. Financing was handled by Mitsui Bank of Japan. Total federal, state and local tax incentives (read giveaways) reached $100 million - courtesy of your tax dollars and mine.

These are some of the hidden costs few think about when selecting their next car. Before the first Toyota in American was ever assembled, the American steel industry, parts industry and finance industry took it on the chin. American tax obligations were also raised to boot. Todayís Camry has a 55% domestic parts content, which is down from 75% just a few years earlier. American alternatives like the Chevy Impala has a 98% domestic parts content and the aging Ford Taurus, which used to be the number one selling car in America before the Camry took the top spot, has a 95% domestic parts content.

I found that the 02 accord (4 door auto) was supposedly 97% domestic parts. Though I couldnt find the numbers on the current model. For some reason this info seems hard to search for.

Another example just basing on the window sticker of an my 03 Acura it has that 75% domestic parts and would have about 10% more if it had an automatic transmission. Though it wouldnt suprise me if these numbers could be manipulated.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 02:48 PM
I found that the 02 accord (4 door auto) was supposedly 97% domestic parts. Though I couldnt find the numbers on the current model. For some reason this info seems hard to search for.

Another example just basing on the window sticker of an my 03 Acura it has that 75% domestic parts and would have about 10% more if it had an automatic transmission. Though it wouldnt suprise me if these numbers could be manipulated.

My contention is that the very definition of "domestic parts" is being manipulated as you suspect. I would go out to your Acura and look at any names on the electronics, windows and tires and see what you come up with. They will be stuff like Toyo and Nippendenso, I forget the windshield company from Japan.

morphius
07-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Toyota was given 1,500 of free land...

Total federal, state and local tax incentives (read giveaways) reached $100 million - courtesy of your tax dollars and mine.

I guess to me that is a bit misleading, that happens all the time in the US for cities/areas to get a factory/business to move in.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 02:58 PM

So i take it you voted against me getting a honda or the altima :hmmm:

CASHMAN.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 02:59 PM
I guess to me that is a bit misleading, that happens all the time in the US for cities/areas to get a factory/business to move in.

It does piss me off though when you consider the entire content of the article. I am in full agreement that land and incentives are given to companies. I remember when Austin,Texas was offering a flat million dollars for qualified companies to move in. However, when considering the rest of the story, it is just wrong to do this for a foreign company IMO. We are all going to pay for it. When I hear people say they bought one for higher resale, all they are doing is shuffling where they are going to pay.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 03:02 PM
So i take it you voted against me getting a honda or the altima :hmmm:

CASHMAN.

ummm, yes you got it right. I apologize for hijacking your thread, and contained myself for quite a while.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 03:03 PM
I talked to a dealer at the honda place and he did say that the 06 accords are coming sometime in sept but there isnt any change but the year. Also my insurance would go up $30 bucks if i get the altima thats more then i pay for the civic.

CASHMAN.

morphius
07-14-2005, 03:04 PM
It does piss me off though when you consider the entire content of the article. I am in full agreement that land and incentives are given to companies. I remember when Austin,Texas was offering a flat million dollars for qualified companies to move in. However, when considering the rest of the story, it is just wrong to do this for a foreign company IMO. We are all going to pay for it. When I hear people say they bought one for higher resale, all they are doing is shuffling where they are going to pay.
With the incentives the wife and I looked at the Impala, which is basically the only American 4 door that I like visually in my price range, but amazingly the car didn't have child safety locks in the back so we had to remove it from our list.

I buy cars to drive until they are ready for death, and not for resale value.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 03:05 PM
ummm, yes you got it right.

Thanks for the info but i will still look at buying 1 of the 2 sorry.

CASHMAN.

morphius
07-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I talked to a dealer at the honda place and he did say that the 06 accords are coming sometime in sept but there isnt any change but the year. Also my insurance would go up $30 bucks if i get the altima thats more then i pay for the civic.

CASHMAN.
What would it go up for the Accord? You are talking a new car vs a 3 year old car there...

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 03:25 PM
What would it go up for the Accord? You are talking a new car vs a 3 year old car there...

Yes but civics are most stolen cars they say and thats why insurance is high on them, havent cked on the accord but i will here in a minute.

CASHMAN.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info but i will still look at buying 1 of the 2 sorry.

CASHMAN.

Best of luck to you.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Best of luck to you.

Thanks and to you also.

CASHMAN.

beavis
07-14-2005, 03:39 PM

I've about had it with the "buy American" crap. If GM, Ford, or Chrysler made a vehicle that was worth a shit, I might consider it. But after my experience with the Ranger I am currently driving, I'll damn sure be driving something "foreign" next time.

StcChief
07-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Go with the Altima. built in Symrna Tn.
even with the 2.5L it's better than a honda.

Honda seems very proud of their cars and price.
Parts, insurance, etc higher.

Just remember what Honda stands for
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelorating

If you compare them straight up. there should be no doubt.

Had 87 Stanza 259K miles ran it to 2000. Gave it to kidney foundation.

98 Maxima very good car at 25mpg highway 3.0 v6

02 Maxima very good car 24 highway, 22 city 3.5L v6

RedandGold
07-14-2005, 03:51 PM
I've been in the market lately, and I can say that the Altima is a better value in their lower end models. In Joplin, you can get an Altima 2.4S with the basic creature comforts for $17,999. Considering that this what you would have to pay for a Civic EX, it's quite a bargain.

However, if you plan on loading up on the options, the Accord EX V-6 with leather (w/o Navi) is the better deal at the $27k sticker price.

One thing that is instantly apparent is the difference in quality between the materials used in the two cars. At the low end, the Altima's cheap interior can be overlooked since you are getting quite a bit of car for the money. However, once you get over the $25k mark, you want the car to feel like it's worth the money.

If you're looking at the high end of the market, you would probably be better off getting a Certified 2004 Acura TL instead. After the redesign, the TL gives you a lot more car for the money than eiter the Altima or Accord.

Good luck with your search!

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I've about had it with the "buy American" crap. If GM, Ford, or Chrysler made a vehicle that was worth a shit, I might consider it. But after my experience with the Ranger I am currently driving, I'll damn sure be driving something "foreign" next time.

May I suggest one of these:

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 04:18 PM
no pun intended.they, the manufacturers, sorry.

UteChief
07-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Do you want a V6 or I4?

morphius
07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I've been in the market lately, and I can say that the Altima is a better value in their lower end models. In Joplin, you can get an Altima 2.4S with the basic creature comforts for $17,999. Considering that this what you would have to pay for a Civic EX, it's quite a bargain.

However, if you plan on loading up on the options, the Accord EX V-6 with leather (w/o Navi) is the better deal at the $27k sticker price.

One thing that is instantly apparent is the difference in quality between the materials used in the two cars. At the low end, the Altima's cheap interior can be overlooked since you are getting quite a bit of car for the money. However, once you get over the $25k mark, you want the car to feel like it's worth the money.

If you're looking at the high end of the market, you would probably be better off getting a Certified 2004 Acura TL instead. After the redesign, the TL gives you a lot more car for the money than eiter the Altima or Accord.

Good luck with your search!
I don't know about that, I think a dealer would have given me the 6 speed Altima SE-R for 27-28k, but if you are going to spend that much money you might as well upgrade to the Maxima...

But I tell you what, I took the SE-R for a little spin, and smiled from ear to ear the entire time.

KCFANinNC
07-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I have the V6 Alrima and LOVE it. It has everything andwit a few bolt ons I pushin 270 HP.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 09:37 PM
We went and test drove the ALTIMA 2.5S and the wife loved it and we filled out the creidt check and will know something in the afternoon.

CASHMAN.

morphius
07-14-2005, 09:57 PM
We went and test drove the ALTIMA 2.5S and the wife loved it and we filled out the creidt check and will know something in the afternoon.

CASHMAN.
Actually, head to head I prefered the Camry 4 over the 2.5S, but they are both nice. I just felt the 5 speed auto in the toyo was geared better and accelerated more smoothly.

Which dealer, if you don't mind?

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Actually, head to head I prefered the Camry 4 over the 2.5S, but they are both nice. I just felt the 5 speed auto in the toyo was geared better and accelerated more smoothly.

Which dealer, if you don't mind?

I am going with McCarthy in OP and i am getting the 2.5S with these extras added Sunroof,sunroof shield,6-cd,fog-lights,spolier and leather and the color we went with is the color Smoke.

CASHMAN.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Also we got a good price on the trade in it payed it off and with the overage used it as a down payment and got a payment right around what we are paying now, also they can make your 1st payment 90 days out if you want.

CASHMAN.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I am going with McCarthy in OP and i am getting the 2.5S with these extras added Sunroof,sunroof shield,6-cd,fog-lights,spolier and leather and the color we went with is the color Smoke.

CASHMAN.
Yup, we went with Smoke as well, best color by far.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 10:17 PM

Do you have an altima or getting the toyota??

CASHMAN.

Miles
07-14-2005, 10:20 PM

Agreed. Its a great color. Probably doesnt show dirt all that bad either.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Agreed. Its a great color. Probably doesnt show dirt all that bad either.
Actually, it does show hand prints in dust really well.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Do you have an altima or getting the toyota??

CASHMAN.
Did you miss post 32?

That is a picture of my 6 day old Altima SE

Frazod
07-14-2005, 10:25 PM
I rented an Altima when I went on vacation a couple of months ago. Nice car - rides well, lots of room, reasonably quick.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:27 PM
I rented an Altima when I went on vacation a couple of months ago. Nice car - rides well, lots of room, reasonably quick.
Was it the 4 or the 6? The 6 has more HP and torque then your Mustang 6...

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Did you miss post 32?

That is a picture of my 6 day old Altima SE

Yes i saw it my bad :banghead: , it looks just like the one we are getting, does it have the 6-cd and fog lights also i cant see. We will also get the windows tinted soon.

CASHMAN.

Frazod
07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Was it the 4 or the 6? The 6 has more HP and torque then your Mustang 6...

It was a 6.

And it wasn't as fast as my car. Not even close. Granted, it was a rental, but it only had 10,000 miles on it.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 10:35 PM
We will now have 2 family cars hers the 2005 altima and me i have a 2004 CRV:). I hope they will last us a long time and with maybe kids soon will have enough room.
The only thing i was afraid of getting leather in the altima is we have ERNIE and thought he would rip it but i dont thank he will he just sits in the back and looks out the window all should be good.
Now in a year or so we are looking at getting a house.

CASHMAN.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Yes i saw it my bad :banghead: , it looks just like the one we are getting, does it have the 6-cd and fog lights also i cant see. We will also get the windows tinted soon.

CASHMAN.
We stuck with the cloth interior and no on the 6 CD. Got the 17" wheels, no friggen hubcaps! We basically decided to spend the money on the V6 instead of the nice things inside.

We also plan to tint the windows.

Skip Towne
07-14-2005, 10:40 PM
It was a 6.

And it wasn't as fast as my car. Not even close. Granted, it was a rental, but it only had 10,000 miles on it.
I've been debating whether to tell you this cause you have a very nice car, better than I have. But, my buddy Bob, who knows everything there is to know about cars, says there is no way your V6 Mustang will do 100 mph in ten seconds. See related thread title "Very fast '55 Chevy".

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:41 PM
It was a 6.

Yeah, not even close...

Altima 0-60 5.9 Sec
Mustang 0-60 6.9 Sec (Car and Driver)

:D

Miles
07-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, not even close...

Altima 0-60 5.9 Sec

Isnt that the time for the Altima SE manual? ;)

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Isnt that the time for the Altima SE manual? ;)
Yes it is.

But if I'm racing someone, I'm not going to be in auto mode either...

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 10:49 PM
We stuck with the cloth interior and no on the 6 CD. Got the 17" wheels, no friggen hubcaps! We basically decided to spend the money on the V6 instead of the nice things inside.

We also plan to tint the windows.

Thats cool do you live in KC? And we got the hubs they dont look that bad and we know a guy that we can get some cool rims for a good price, i wasnt going to pay there price for factory rims when i can get some better ones for close to what they wanted.

CASHMAN.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Thats cool do you live in KC? And we got the hubs they dont look that bad and we know a guy that we can get some cool rims for a good price, i wasnt going to pay there price for factory rims when i can get some better ones for close to what they wanted.

CASHMAN.
Olathe actually. Though I bought mine at Jay Wolfe up north.

stevieray
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Yes it is.

and safety child locks for the back doors made your decision.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Olathe actually. Though I bought mine at Jay Wolfe up north.

Maybe i will see you driving around ors will be the one with the EMPORIA STATE on the front as the wife went there.

CASHMAN.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:55 PM
and safety child locks for the back doors made your decision.
I don't always have the kid in the back, and wouldn't be racing someone with him back there. Its just a stubborn 4 year old that can get out of his booster seat and has tried to open doors while moving... Yeah, not a smart choice...

Morphius
Like I'm really out racing people anymore...

Miles
07-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Yes it is.

Ah thats true. Probably wouldnt be that much different from the stick times then.

morphius
07-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Maybe i will see you driving around ors will be the one with the EMPORIA STATE on the front as the wife went there.

CASHMAN.
I'll be the guy with the moon roof open and front windows down in 95 degree weather. Its a sickness really.

CASHMAN
07-14-2005, 10:57 PM
I'll be the guy with the moon roof open and front windows down in 95 degree weather. Its a sickness really.

Didnt get the AC/PACKAGE?? :) :) .

CASHMAN.

morphius
07-14-2005, 11:01 PM
that was my theory...

stevieray
07-14-2005, 11:02 PM
I don't always have the kid in the back, and wouldn't be racing someone with him back there. Its just a stubborn 4 year old that can get out of his booster seat and has tried to open doors while moving... Yeah, not a smart choice...

Morphius
Like I'm really out racing people anymore...

I didn't say it was smart or otherwise.

Let's not pretend that racing the clones isn't on the agenda.

morphius
07-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Didnt get the AC/PACKAGE?? :) :) .

CASHMAN.
LOL! I have used the AC 3 times in 9 days driving it every day.

morphius
07-14-2005, 11:07 PM
I didn't say it was smart or otherwise.

Let's not pretend that racing the clones isn't on the agenda.
LOL! I just like being able to go now, kind of like the sports bike. You also have to remember, I have a wife helping make a choice. We almost didn't get the Altima because they don't come standard with ABS, which would have killed that purchase.

Logical
07-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I highly recommend you buy a Bentley they really hold their value and some models are actually investments.

sort of kidding with ya, but I bet you would love one.:D

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm biased....but the Accord. Hands down.

Frazod
07-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah, not even close...

Altima 0-60 5.9 Sec

Look, I didn't RACE an Altima. There weren't a bunch of Car & Driver geeks following me with radar guns and stopwatches. I rented one and drove it from Illinois to Utah and back. It was a RENTAL CAR. I doubt if the Car & Driver guys used one of those for their speed test. Maybe somebody before me had beat the shit out of it. All I know (and said) is that the car I own is quicker than the Altima I rented.

I'm getting really sick of people implying that I'm a liar.

morphius
07-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Look, I didn't RACE an Altima. There weren't a bunch of Car & Driver geeks following me with radar guns and stopwatches. I rented one and drove it from Illinois to Utah and back. It was a RENTAL CAR. I doubt if the Car & Driver guys used one of those for their speed test. Maybe somebody before me had beat the shit out of it. All I know (and said) is that the car I own is quicker than the Altima I rented.

Seriously Fraz, I wasn't trying to make you as a liar at all. I completely believe that you think the Mustang feels faster.

I was just trying to say that you might just be a piss poor driver :D

relax my friend.

SoCalBronco
07-14-2005, 11:29 PM
I assume this would be a poor time for a camaro joke. :)

morphius
07-14-2005, 11:34 PM
I assume this would be a poor time for a camaro joke. :)
Hmmmm, the only mention of a Camaro on the entire thread comes from the Donx fan, interesting...

Bootlegged
08-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Seriously Fraz, I wasn't trying to make you as a liar at all. I completely believe that you think the Mustang feels faster.

I was just trying to say that you might just be a piss poor driver :D

relax my friend.

ROFL

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 01:57 PM
I tell you what we will line up my slow azz Mustang and you purdy new Altima and just see okay? You gonna make it to the Chiefs Planet festivites in October?

Bootlegged
08-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I tell you what we will line up my slow azz Mustang and you purdy new Altima and just see okay? You gonna make it to the Chiefs Planet festivites in October?

Send him your phone # in a PM.

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 02:26 PM

Yeah:clap: We get a lot of flack on this board because we bought the V6 instead of the GT model. I saved over $1800 a year in car insurance alone. Almost pays for my Chiefs season tickets. Not a bad trade off if you ask me.

morphius
08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Actually, I will most likely be there. Assuming this next month does not get any worse. I actually love the new mustang, I just needed something with 4 doors, and was happy to get something that has a bit of power.

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 02:31 PM
I actually love the new mustang, I just needed something with 4 doors, and was happy to get something that has a bit of power.

There it is again .....the little dig on the power issue....What are we going to do with the young whippersnappers Frazod?

morphius
08-01-2005, 02:33 PM
There it is again .....the little dig on the power issue....What are we going to do with the young whippersnappers Frazod?
LOL! Now you are just trying to start something.

ENDelt260
08-01-2005, 02:34 PM
LOL! Now you are just trying to start something.
Heh... people who drive the V-6 Mustang are almost as gay as St. Louis Cardinals fans.

morphius
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Heh... people who drive the V-6 Mustang are almost as gay as St. Louis Cardinals fans.
You are only saying that because you expect to be locked up in jail ,safe from Fraz, come Oct.

Bootlegged
08-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Altima 3.5 SE 0-60 in 5.9

buddha
08-01-2005, 02:48 PM

I agree with KUalum. The current Accord is a bit too stodgy for my tastes. I think the newer model is worth waiting for.

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 05:47 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-ThatsMister-02.gif

mlyonsd
08-01-2005, 06:02 PM
I have an '85 Caprice I'd sell if you would re-think the "new" car idea.

Frazod
08-01-2005, 06:15 PM
You are only saying that because you expect to be locked up in jail ,safe from Fraz, come Oct.

Nah, I just chalk it up to drunken penis envy. :)

Phobia
08-01-2005, 06:18 PM
I have an '85 Caprice I'd sell if you would re-think the "new" car idea.

I'd offer $20, but I don't want to set the market too high.

mlyonsd
08-01-2005, 06:20 PM
I'd offer $20, but I don't want to set the market too high.

$20 won't touch it. Course if you double that I might even replace the wire coat hanger I use for the radio antenna.