PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Roaster

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 01:38 PM
The Texas Rangers are in town with the Roaster getting the start tonight in Oaktown. I couldn't resist. I bought a ticket for me and my worker to sit about a section away from where they, the Rangers, threw the chair at that lady.

It should be fun roasting the Roaster. ;)

Goapics1
07-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I thought he was suspended for 20 games?

alpha_omega
07-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Duck & Cover!

Pitt Gorilla
07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
That's not going to be good for business; that's not going to be good for anyone...

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Kenny is appealing the suspension.

Anyway, the Rangers will sweep the A's and make Slim Shady sweat.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:02 PM

Anyway, the Rangers will sweep the A's and make Slim Shady sweat.Thats pretty arrogant. We shall see. Anyways, I hope the Roaster can keep his cool. I know us A's fans have already got to one of your pitchers before. It will be lots of fun I am sure.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 03:03 PM
You A's fans are a bunch of Raider-loving cocks. There's zero difference.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:07 PM
You A's fans are a bunch of Raider-loving cocks. There's zero difference.I hate the Raiders.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
You A's fans are a bunch of Raider-loving cocks. There's zero difference.The A's use to be in Kansas City.

Saggysack
07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Kenny Rogers roasted chicken was fantastic. I could go for a few of those birds right now.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Kenny Rogers roasted chicken was fantastic. I could go for a few of those birds right now.What happened? Did they go out of business?

Miles
07-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Kenny Rogers roasted chicken was fantastic. I could go for a few of those birds right now.

The man makes a pretty strong bird.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 03:13 PM
The A's use to be in Kansas City.

My apologies. You are the exception to the rule.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:14 PM
The man makes a pretty strong bird.I have only heard about the restaurant from friends in Vegas. Never have had the opportunity to dine in that establishment.

But it fits KR, "the roaster", ooo does that man have a temper.

ROFL

Saggysack
07-14-2005, 03:14 PM
What happened? Did they go out of business?

I think so. One day they were just gone.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 03:15 PM
ooo does that man have a temper.

ROFL

Not really. This was very uncharacteristic.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
My apologies. You are the exception to the rule.I have relatives in KC area, who visited out here for Christmas in 1971, there was a game that day, they were rooting for the Chiefs and so did I. I never stopped. I genuinely detest the Raiders, it has been very difficult living in the heart of Raider Nation all of my life as a Chiefs fan, I can tell you that.

Saggysack
The man makes a pretty strong bird.

:LOL:

Nice Seinfeld reference. Rep.

Miles
I have only heard about the restaurant from friends in Vegas. Never have had the opportunity to dine in that establishment.

But it fits KR, "the roaster", ooo does that man have a temper.

ROFL

I have actually never eaten there but this guy told me it was good.

http://www.alibali.net/images/seinfeld_newman.jpg

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:17 PM
I think so. One day they were just gone.I think that may happen tonight to the "Roaster" as well. :p

I hope the A's put him out of business early.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:19 PM

Nice Seinfeld reference. Rep.I would have never guessed. Despite being a TV a holic, I never once watched that show. I never watched any "Friends" either.

Saggysack
07-14-2005, 03:21 PM
I would have never guessed. Despite being a TV a holic, I never once watched that show. I never watched any "Friends" either.

I never watched them when they were on, but now that they are in syndication I watch them every night.

Saggysack
07-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I think that may happen tonight to the "Roaster" as well. :p

I hope the A's put him out of business early.

Yeah, who the hell does that guy think he is. Jimmy Morris?

Nelson Muntz
07-14-2005, 03:25 PM

Anyway, the Rangers will sweep the A's and make Slim Shady sweat.

Ha Ha. The chances of the Rangers sweeping is about as good as you getting laid.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:28 PM
I never watched them when they were on, but now that they are in syndication I watch them every night.Maybe when I run out of things to TIVO, I might check it out and see what all the fuss is about.

:D

Pitt Gorilla
07-14-2005, 03:29 PM

Nice Seinfeld reference. Rep.My reference wasn't good enough (same episode)?
:)

He IS the gambler...

BIG_DADDY
07-14-2005, 03:31 PM
What did you think of the trade bunnytrdr?

Saggysack
07-14-2005, 03:31 PM
My reference wasn't good enough (same episode)?

He IS the gambler...

okay, okay, okay...

rep to you too.

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Ha Ha. The chances of the Rangers sweeping is about as good as you getting laid.Just ask the Division leading White Sox.

Miles
07-14-2005, 03:37 PM
My reference wasn't good enough (same episode)?

"Mr. Marbles?"

Calcountry
07-14-2005, 03:52 PM
What did you think of the trade bunnytrdr?I am a trader am I not? I am really Billy Beane in drag. lol

I think it was a good move. Byrnes couldn't hit right handed pitching and therefore wasn't an every day player. Kielty has really came along nicely, as has Swisher. As soon as they inked Kotsay to an extension Byrnes had to go. We got some help in the bullpen. Joe Kennedy was picked up for middle relief. He is the guy they can go to in the 7th when we are down by a run or two, so as not to waste our setups and closers.

He will aslo be available for short work, when you get early 100 pitch outings in games that are like 6-8 in the 5th inning. Middle relief, or setup. Nice hole plugging there.

We picked up another reserve outfielder as well, Jay Payton from the Red Sox. We also had to give up Chad Bradford. You may remember him, he was the underhanded pitcher, really he was on the decline and currently was in rehab assignments in the minors. Another minor leaguer was also sent. Not bad when you think about it. Byrnes had peaked, imho, and could only hit against Lefties.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Looks like Chan Ho Park is starting instead.

Coach
07-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Looks like Chan Ho Park is starting instead.

Huh, any reason why?

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Nope. Beats the hell out of me. Maybe Buck decided Kenny didn't need to pitch after pitching the other night.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 08:26 PM
1-0 A's on a HR by Chavez. :rolleyes:

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Chan Ho just threw 10 feet behind the shortstop trying to start a double play. :shake:

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 09:16 PM
4-0 A's. :(

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 09:25 PM
BTW, Rich Harden has a perfect game thru six innings for the A's.

Miles
07-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Harden is perfect through 6 and has thrown only 53 pitches.

Miles
07-14-2005, 09:28 PM

You beat me to it.

Coach
07-14-2005, 09:29 PM

Wow. Keep me updated on that one.

Miles
07-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Man the bottom of the 6th is taking forever.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Looks like the Rangers are going to freeze up Harden's arm here.

Miles
07-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Looks like the Rangers are going to freeze up Harden's arm here.

No shit, he looks a pretty restless in the dugout.

Coach
07-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Interesting thing is, if it's correct, that he's only thrown 52 pitches.

Miles
07-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Now Nix the CF gets hurt after making a very nice catch. Causing even more delay.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 09:51 PM
3-2 count with 2 outs in the 7th. It was 3-0 two pitches ago.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 09:52 PM
And big tex grounds out to 2nd.... :banghead:

Miles
07-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Perfect through 7. Went down 3-0 on Teixeira.

Hit 99 on the gun.

Miles
07-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Soriano just broke it up.

Count Zarth
07-14-2005, 10:08 PM
This has really been a pathetic game. :shake:

Nelson Muntz
07-15-2005, 03:25 AM
This has really been a pathetic game. :shake:

I don't know, it sounded pretty good to me other than Harden losing the perfect game, but then this is a 4 game series so they still have three more shots.

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Huh, any reason why?False Advertising. But as you now know Go chiefie, I almost got to see history made last night!

7 1/3 innings of perfect game. I have been going to games since I was 6 and I have never been at a game that went that far in and still be perfect. 22 consecutive batters retired in order, only 5 left to go when Soriano broke it up.

Texas???

PWNED!1

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 11:25 AM
1-0 A's on a HR by Chavez. :rolleyes:That turned out to be the winning run. I was sitting behind 1st base beteen the dugout and the bullpen. That was a laser shot. It mad your head snap so hard to follow it, I almost got whiplash.

There were a lot of Texas fans seated arround me and my friend. They left after Soriano's single, they had seen, and heard enough of us to last a lifetime. I am a quite boisterous A hole when I got a couple of brewskies and a few shots of Brandy in me. I was loving it last night. lmao. Serves you right for coming to an A's game in Oakland, Ranger biotches.

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Harden is perfect through 6 and has thrown only 53 pitches.After the first inning, I could tell that it was going to be a special game. He had nasty, and I mean nasty stuff. A fastball that was clocking in the high 90's WHEN he wanted it there, great control. Struck out 2 batters in the first inning. Mowed them down like they were minor leaguers.

The best part of the game, was when he went down 3 balls and no strikes with 2 out in the top of the 7th, and comes back to strike out the batter and preserve the perfect game, Everyone was already standing for the 7th inning stretch. I can't remember that happening at Oakland at any games I have been to at least.

The A's are on fire right now, ther is no question about that now.

I just hope they can keep it up. We have Zito going for us tonight, I will be there again and can't wait to get back to the ballpark. I think they Pushed the Roaster back to Saturday at least, maybe Sunday, heck maybe they will start his suspension Retro to last night. :shrug:

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Looks like the Rangers are going to freeze up Harden's arm here.A classless and Bush league move to say the least.

BIG_DADDY
07-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Great game. The A's are the best run team in baseball. Harden looks like he could be one of the great ones.

Coach
07-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Great game. The A's are the best run team in baseball. Harden looks like he could be one of the great ones.

He could be. I wonder if the Cards are kicking themselves for that now.

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 11:40 AM
This has really been a pathetic game. :shake:You mean, NEAR Perfect game. ROFL

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't know, it sounded pretty good to me other than Harden losing the perfect game, but then this is a 4 game series so they still have three more shots.Yes, what happened to the SWEEP Go Chiefie? :shrug:

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Great game. The A's are the best run team in baseball. Harden looks like he could be one of the great ones.If Billy Beane keeps up the deals like that, he will go down as one of the great ones.

If you read the book, Moneyball, that is what they said about him when he was drafted out of high school. It jus turned out that he was a better deal maker than a ball player.

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 11:47 AM
He could be. I wonder if the Cards are kicking themselves for that now.I was behind first base, and even that far away, could see how wicked his stuff was. A lot of Batters were swinging when it was already across the plate, I had a straight in angle on that. He had good control of speed and location. Special game last night, one for the ages.

The Texas fans arround me, there were many, were as quiet as church mice. Me and my HS Lineman, 6'2 and 230 pounds backing me up, 5'11, 260, were loud and proud all night. I am sure their ear drums were hurting after that. lmao.

Calcountry
07-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Looks like Chan Ho Park is starting instead.Well, I just got here, fired my computer up, made my cup of coffee, put the cream in it, and I noticed GoChiefie is here, but where oh where is the Roaster?

What happened to that sweep Chiefie?

Sweep?? Your boys would love to string a couple of hits together much less sweep.

Count Zarth
07-16-2005, 10:37 AM
:cuss:

Count Zarth
07-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Rogers is pitching today, against Blanton. We'll win. :mad:

Coach
07-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Rogers is pitching today, against Blanton. We'll win. :mad:

Heh, that is if he doesn't go around, knocking over more TV cameras. :p

Calcountry
07-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Rogers is pitching today, against Blanton. We'll win. :mad:Are you sure Chiefie? There will be a lot of cameras there.

Calcountry
07-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Rogers is pitching today, against Blanton. We'll win. :mad:O.K. all smack aside, it will be tough outing today.

The A's do much better in Day games than at night. Just ask SF and Chicago.

Next, Blanton is no pushover. I am sure that the Grangers are smarting over their quiet bats in the last two games, so it will be a challenge for sure. Our BP is fully rested, Duke didn't warm up last night, and Calero and Street basically just threw some tosses in the BP, so they are available as well. Bottom line, the A's need at least 4 runs today, a tall order IF, and it is getting to be a big IF the Roaster shows up. However, if Blanton can hold them to 3 or less through 5, the Athletics should prevail.

The only team with a chance of a sweep right now is the Athletics.

Count Zarth
07-16-2005, 04:09 PM
HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES, BUNNYTRADER?

Count Zarth
07-16-2005, 04:20 PM
10-3 Rangers after 7, Kenny still going strong. OWNED! 4321

Count Zarth
07-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Suddenly it is 10-7 with 1 out in the 9th and a runner on. :mad:

Count Zarth
07-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Coco Cordero is coming in so you can just FORGET IT, BUNNYTRADER!

Count Zarth
07-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Game OVAH! EAT IT!

Calcountry
07-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Game OVAH! EAT IT!Your butthole was puckering there for a second wasn't it chiefie?

How did you like Sundays game?

Scrappy bunch of kids, wouldn't you say? How do you like the red hair?

You will get your chance to have the Roaster back on the mound in Texas, because he is gonna cry like a bithc instead of taking his punishment like a man.

Then, they will make sure that the suspension starts, right after his spot in the rotation, so maybe he will miss one start for clubbing a poor small weak sumbitch like you chiefie.

The Roaster pitched well in the Coliseum, as he always has done. We use to have the dude. I remember him walking in the winning run in the playoffs a few years ago. Its a crying shame he won't get to perform in the playoffs unless the Grangers trade him. ROFL

Calcountry
07-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, it seems as if the Roasater was able to slow cook long enough to make his second start since the Break, both against Oakland, with the second one being tonight.

I think it will be a tall order for the A's, coming off a trip from Anaheim to Texas from a night game. Very little rest and into the scorching heat of the Grangers homeland.

But they are young, and we have a deep team that is making big defensive plays. If the A's can get a few big hits, they may be able to let the Roaster simmer a little in that Texas heat which will solidify our hold on Second place.

;)

Count Zarth
07-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Your ass is going down this time.

Calcountry
07-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Your ass is going down this time.Its not my ass, but the A's asses that are on the line.

At least you aren't boasting of a sweep this time. The A's at least have taught you a little humility. lmao.

Count Zarth
07-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Its not my ass, but the A's asses that are on the line.

At least you aren't boasting of a sweep this time. The A's at least have tought you a little humility. lmao.

We better trade for some pitching and fast. This season is going down the drain lately.

Calcountry
07-21-2005, 11:45 AM
We better trade for some pitching and fast. This season is going down the drain lately.I wasn't impressed by Park, he is washed up. Young looks pretty good, although the A's had a lot of fly balls to the Outfiled, the can of corn pop up type. They were making contact but were slightly off.

If Young isn't as sharp it will be a long day for him.

I agree with your assesment. Your Bullpen is in trouble as well. We touched them up pretty good after dispatching the Roaster last time, and almost pulled out a lost cause.

What the Grangers can do, is hit home runs, especially in the wind of Arlington.

That makes a premium for keeping men off base, as you saw on Sunday, 3 dingers and only 3 runs to show for it. That allowed the A's to ding away and stay in the game, forcing a 14 inning thing that the Red head blew up.

Count Zarth
07-21-2005, 11:48 AM
I wasn't impressed by Park, he is washed up. Young looks pretty good, although the A's had a lot of fly balls to the Outfiled, the can of corn pop up type. They were making contact but were slightly off.

If Young isn't as sharp it will be a long day for him.

I agree with your assesment. Your Bullpen is in trouble as well. We touched them up pretty good after dispatching the Roaster last time, and almost pulled out a lost cause.

What the Grangers can do, is hit home runs, especially in the wind of Arlington.

That makes a premium for keeping men off base, as you saw on Sunday, 3 dingers and only 3 runs to show for it. That allowed the A's to ding away and stay in the game, forcing a 14 inning thing that the Red head blew up.

Park looks good one game and shitty the next. He pitched really well against the Yankees the other day. I am tired of his act though, they better get rid of him in the offseason.

Calcountry
07-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Park looks good one game and shitty the next. He pitched really well against the Yankees the other day. I am tired of his act though, they better get rid of him in the offseason.The scary thing about the A's is that we have solid prospects lining up at 3A Sacramento River cats that are almost ready for the bigs if there is a vacancy.

Billy Beane is the man when it comes to trading. He is the baseballtrader. Me, I will have to stick to rats and rabbits.

Count Zarth
07-21-2005, 11:58 AM
The scary thing about the A's is that we have solid prospects lining up at 3A Sacramento River cats that are almost ready for the bigs if there is a vacancy.

Billy Beane is the man when it comes to trading. He is the baseballtrader. Me, I will have to stick to rats and rabbits.

I have to admit, I hate the A's. :mad:

The Rangers can't develop pitching for shit and the A's homegrow their arms year after year.

Calcountry
07-21-2005, 12:43 PM
I am listening to an Indians announcer say, "If Oakland can go from 15 under 500 to where they are today, anything can happen". There is a flaw in this logic, and I hope that the rest of the league keeps making it with respect to the A's. The A's have pulled this off BECAUSE they have good young talent, good coaching, and the willingness to bring these youngsters along in the process. They did not give up on them, like a bunch of Yankees fans did on their team back in May.

The A's current string, is not luck, its good fundamental "team" baseball.

Keep fing doubting the Athletics and Billy Beane MLB.

Count Zarth
07-21-2005, 12:44 PM
It won't win them a world series unfortunately. Or should I say, fortunately. :D

Calcountry
07-21-2005, 12:53 PM
It won't win them a world series unfortunately. Or should I say, fortunately. :DI can't go that far right now, just too young. The biggest fear with their run in the post season, if they make it, is their lack of big league pressure situations.

Right now, they are on a roll, having fun. Then the playoffs come arround and I have 2 big questions that can only be answered in the playoffs.

1). Will the Leadership of Chavez, Crosby, and Zito be enough

2). Will the "A's Brand", of being patient, and trying to draw walks, work in a short series? Will the coaching be willing, and the players be capable, of executing some small ball to win a game?

I have seen WAY too many of the A's players pop up bunts, and foul them off which tells me they don't practice it much, because they are not expected to do it, "A's brand".

This is not good for the playoffs IMHO.

Calcountry
07-21-2005, 06:33 PM
The Roaster staked to an early 2-0 lead. Oh well.

Count Zarth
07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Tied at 4 in the 7th.

Saggysack
07-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Tied at 4 in the 7th.

hahahahaha...

Where is the update?

Rudy lost the toss
07-22-2005, 12:06 AM
The Astros now have a better record than the Rangers PBJ

Rudy lost the toss
07-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Tied at 4 in the 7th.
don't you have some kind of bet involving the Rangers-A's?

Miles
07-22-2005, 12:11 AM
The Astros now have a better record than the Rangers PBJ

I hadnt noticed yet. Pretty big swing over the last month or so.

Calcountry
07-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Well I think I will have some Roasted Crow thank you very much.

A's Brand wore him down, forced many full counts and 8 pitch at bats early on. By the 5th the Roaster looked roasted. The Grangers bullpun is lacking.

How did you like the additions that Billy Beane got for Bradford and Byrnes?

Kennedy came in and got a couple of innings done to set up our closers.

Jay Payton? Great defensive play that he DIDN"T have to dive for, plus big hits.

Billy Beane would call that a "Fug an A trade".

Count Zarth
07-22-2005, 01:28 PM
:(

Calcountry
07-25-2005, 11:42 AM

Anyway, the Rangers will sweep the A's and make Slim Shady sweat.Here is the post that needs to be eatin like the Fat Juicy Crow statement that it is.

The Oakland Athletics took 7 of 8 from your boys, including a 4 game sweep in your house.

PWNED.

The A's made Seattle their biotch, then Texas. They have one more Biotch to tame in the West.

Nelson Muntz
07-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I'd just like to take the time to announce to goatcheese that in 49 short days the A's have turned that 10 game deficit to a 4.5 game lead. With a little over two months left in the season, I wonder how large that lead can grow? :fire:

4th and Long
07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
I'd just like to take the time to announce to goatcheese that in 49 short days the A's have turned that 10 game deficit to a 4.5 game lead. With a little over two months left in the season, I wonder how large that lead can grow? :fire:
You know what's going to happen when gc reads this don't you?

gochiefs --->http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6779/blowup6ej.gif

Calcountry
07-25-2005, 02:54 PM
I'd just like to take the time to announce to goatcheese that in 49 short days the A's have turned that 10 game deficit to a 4.5 game lead. With a little over two months left in the season, I wonder how large that lead can grow? :fire:The Grangers are irrelevant. Jason Kendall squashed what fight they had left in them.

Count Zarth
07-25-2005, 03:16 PM
I feel like this picture:

Calcountry
07-25-2005, 03:54 PM
I feel like this picture:The Great Sarnak(A's) is hungry. lmao ROFL

Nelson Muntz
07-26-2005, 03:20 AM
The Grangers are irrelevant. Jason Kendall squashed what fight they had left in them.
The only reason the Rumprangers matter to me anymore is because of my bet with goatcheese. I said 10 games ahead and the way things are looking now it may be a good 25 games ahead by the end of the year.

Calcountry
07-26-2005, 11:36 AM
The only reason the Rumprangers matter to me anymore is because of my bet with goatcheese. I said 10 games ahead and the way things are looking now it may be a good 25 games ahead by the end of the year.I am just saying it was a bad bet if it was even money. Now you look smart, expecpt a bet like that at the time you made it should have been worth at least 4-1 on the money. Don't you think?