PDA

View Full Version : Is Tiger Woods annoying ?

Ninjaman
07-14-2005, 03:34 PM
I hope somebody new can knock this swedish model marrying fool on his narcissistic ass.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/pga/2005/0714/photo/g_woods_372.jpg

PunkinDrublic
07-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah it's a good thing he's rich and famous or he'd never get laid. When he talks you get the sense of an Urkel or Poindexter type of guy.

NaptownChief
07-14-2005, 03:39 PM
I hope somebody new can knock this swedish model marrying fool on his narcissistic ass.

Yeah, I have no idea why or how he could possibly be narcissistic...It's not like he is a sports legend, has hundreds of millions of dollars, a hot wife and a god like following before he is 30 or something.

Ninjaman
07-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I hope the next new golfer that beats him everywhere is named........'The Lionking'.

Ninjaman
07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I have no idea why or how he could possibly be narcissistic...It's not like he is a sports legend, has hundreds of millions of dollars, a hot wife and a god like following before he is 30 or something.

His success summed up.

He's an athlete that booms the ball in a sport with very few. I give credit to his putting though. Although you notice his game fell apart after dating the model .

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM

ROFL

On a side note, I've seen Elin up close the last 2 years at the local PGA event. She is NOT overrated. Wow, is she a fine piece of arse.

shakesthecat
07-14-2005, 03:47 PM
His success summed up.

He's an athlete that booms the ball in a sport with very few. I give credit to his putting though. Although you notice his game fell apart after dating the model .

Yeah, that Masters win this year was a fluke.

Death Nebula
07-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Fashizle......

morphius
07-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't find him annoying, just hearing about him all the time is a bit annoying.

Miles
07-14-2005, 03:57 PM
He is hardly my favorite sports personality but I respect and admire the hell out of his game. His ability to recover from a tough situation after a bad shot is exceptional.

vailpass
07-14-2005, 04:04 PM
In public Tiger plays it close to the vest in all things non-sports. He doesn't take any stances on matters of race, politics, or anything else that could damage his cross-cultural appeal. This translates directly into huge$$ from Nike, Buick, Amex, etc.
How many other black spokesmen have you seen for Buick and Amex?
Tiger is very shrewd and knows exactly what he is doing. He could give less of a f*ck what you or I think of his style as long as he continues to make the Forbes list and plug ultra-fine swedish poozle.
Where did Tiger learn to play this game? Michael Jordan.

jspchief
07-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I think he's just like any athlete or sports team that repeatedly wins. You just get sick of the same old face. A large part of it is the way the media gleefully swings from the ballsack of any winner. The reporters jump on the bandwagon, and saturate our day with it.

There was a time when I respected what Tiger and the Patriots were doing. Now I'm just sick of it, and find more enjoyment in rooting against them.

Athis
07-14-2005, 04:42 PM
This weasel I work with would love to kiss Tiger's putter any day of the week. I can't stand hearing about this guy all the time. Kind of like that jackass from Atlanta, Ron Mexico or something...I hope someone does come along and whoops both their arses.

carlos3652
07-14-2005, 06:24 PM
I think he's just like any athlete or sports team that repeatedly wins. You just get sick of the same old face. A large part of it is the way the media gleefully swings from the ballsack of any winner. The reporters jump on the bandwagon, and saturate our day with it.

There was a time when I respected what Tiger and the Patriots were doing. Now I'm just sick of it, and find more enjoyment in rooting against them.

So if the Chiefs win the next 3-4 SB; we should get sick of them and root against them... :hmmm:

And also, the media has a love/hate relationship with him... they dog on him when he doesnt win... (slumps, bad swing, etc) - [that said he was in a lot of top 10's and came out 2nd in the money to VJ who played 15 more tournaments]. They love it when he wins as well, (more revenue for TV).

If you are a fan of golf, you like Tiger playing. (kinda like if you were a fan of basketball - you liked MJ play.
He make things happen when others would die trying.... I would be happy with half of his athletic ability to put the ball where he wants it...

jspchief
07-14-2005, 06:33 PM
So if the Chiefs win the next 3-4 SB; we should get sick of them and root against them... :hmmm:

Yes. That's exactly what I was saying. :rolleyes:

carlos3652
07-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Yes. That's exactly what I was saying. :rolleyes:

Dude I know you didnt mean that... sorry I didn't show my sarcasm so well...

WilliamTheIrish
07-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I like the guy. He's a talent that's a cut above.

However, I don't tune in to see him play exclusively. My gripe (and it's not with Tigre) is this: When he's not in contention, they still show him more than they show the guys on the leaderboard.

I think an example of this was the TPC. Woods was cooked on day 2. But you were still forced to watch his every move by the networks over the last 2+ rounds.

That's not his fault though.

dtebbe
07-14-2005, 09:30 PM
I love how black folks adpot Tiger as one of thier own, and then he promptly marries a white chick... ROFL

I guess Tiger is not a fan of junk in the trunk of his buick

DT

jiveturkey
07-14-2005, 09:33 PM
I love how black folks adpot Tiger as one of thier own, and then he promptly marries a white chick... ROFL

DTHe's a pro athlete. That's what he's supposed to do. :)

NaptownChief
07-14-2005, 09:33 PM

I guess Tiger is not a fan of junk in the trunk of his buick

DT

Assuming the Sports Illustrated article I read about 10 years ago was accurate he is actually 1/4 white and only 1/8th black.

freebeer
07-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah it's a good thing he's rich and famous or he'd never get laid. When he talks you get the sense of an Urkel or Poindexter type of guy.

Kind of like the black version you you hugh? Tiger Woods yall, its all good yall.

Logical
07-16-2005, 02:38 PM
No he is not annoying, Phil Mickelson is annoying, Vijay Singh is annoying. Tiger is just so talented that his confidence is obvious.

ILChief
07-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I was hoping Mickelson was going to have a good year, but he's not done well in Majors.

Braincase
07-16-2005, 04:02 PM
When Michelle Wie turns 18, she's got a suite booked for her & Tiger at the Ritz-Carlton.

4th and Long
07-16-2005, 04:04 PM
He's no where near as annoying as the recent plethora of Ty Law threads.

freebeer
07-23-2005, 03:10 PM

And he still cant get into the country clubs I can.

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2005, 03:42 PM
No. Tiger Woods is Annyong.

"Annyong."

hendrix
07-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Alot of golfers find him annoying. Problem is they just can't beat him. I find the Michelle Wie coverage a bit annoying. It's not her fault but ESPN just won't let up on her.